Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #46
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

CP, you have been known to make changes to your countdown ticker...

SO...
Sure wish the tickers were working and I could see it! I did read BCV though and that is super exciting!!! When are you going???

Quote:
Okay, I am going to be a "believer" here... okay okay... I figure the am hours will be busy, but we'll get out of there just as the reinforcements start to arrive. At least that is the "subject to change if it looks like rain" plan, plan... And thank you for the ADR voice of confidence... I think the ADRs will work. I doubt very much (after everything we have read) That we will get Le Cellier.... you know, we have been to your beloved AK... Ate at Boma, and loved it. Did you end up making reservations at the new place, is it in Kidani Village? I remember you mentioning this on your PTR...
We love Boma!!! In fact Charles and I are kind of chickening out on Sanaa and thinking of making a dinner ressie at Boma -- after all I really don't think it's a Charleston Princess June trip without dinner at Boma.

We call Sunday to make our ADRs! I am very nervous!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #47
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Sure wish the tickers were working and I could see it! I did read BCV though and that is super exciting!!! When are you going???

Well they just came back to life... Dec 20 - 27...

I can't even think Christmas right now... and it really hasn't sunk in yet??!!

We love Boma!!! In fact Charles and I are kind of chickening out on Sanaa and thinking of making a dinner ressie at Boma -- after all I really don't think it's a Charleston Princess June trip without dinner at Boma.

You know, we REALLY liked it too..... There are a lot of restaurants I have not been to, so we decided to try what we have not tried yet. Except The Wave (DH LOVED this one) and Cali Grill, which we went to in 2005... So looking forward to that again... I have TS in the Epcot WSC, and we didn't do that before... I have a lot more to post in the next week.... CAN NOT wait to hear about SUNDAY I would be such a wreak. I have to call on a school day... gasp. I am sure it will be fine, but I have backups, and now, I have a back up trip!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #48
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know, we REALLY liked it too..... There are a lot of restaurants I have not been to, so we decided to try what we have not tried yet. Except The Wave (DH LOVED this one) and Cali Grill, which we went to in 2005... So looking forward to that again... I have TS in the Epcot WSC, and we didn't do that before... I have a lot more to post in the next week.... CAN NOT wait to hear about SUNDAY I would be such a wreak. I have to call on a school day... gasp. I am sure it will be fine, but I have backups, and now, I have a back up trip!!!
Christmas!!! Oh, you are so lucky!!! What a great time to go!!!

I will be posting as soon as I am off the phone on Sunday. It hasn't really hit me yet that it's this Sunday -- this week has flown by -- I am sure I will be a complete case of nerves Saturday night. I will probably go to bed with my phone clutched in my hand.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #49
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Remember when we were chatting about booking another trip before this trip had even happened??? Well.....
Quote:
I can't believe it either... we rented points from an owner... VERY inexpensively. And do you know whose idea it was?!?!?! Brace yourself. My DH. He is really good at knocking me over in my chair these days... I think he is keeping me distracted because I have recently told him that we should start thinking of baby #3
And I am NOT kidding about that... But that is a whole NON DIS story!!! OFF TOPIC, OFF TOPIC
That is so exciting that you booked a Christmas vacation! Wow!

I need to look into how the whole rent the DVC points thing works. Did you do it through the threads here? Or somewhere else? Have you stayed over there before? I can't see your sig right now. We loved our stay at BC. What fun you are going to have!

I just wanted to share that one of the reasons DH and I are working so hard on getting more healthy is that we are hopeful of Baby #2. Do you remember an old Disney cruise commercial. A mom with a stoller and a little boy are riding in an elevator and there are other people in there with them. The little boy is going on and on about their Disney vacation as if they just got back. One man says they must have had a great time and the mom replies that it was a year ago. Then the little boy points to his little brother, says his name is whatever, but Mom calls him her little souvenir. The somewhat embarassed mom says, Obviously, we all had a great time as she gets out of the elevator? Well, I have to admit that I daydream about taking home my own little souvenir in June.

Quote:
Don't be too nervous. I talked with a CM yesterday when I was making changes to my ressie and she said that the wait time for ADRs was only running 12 minutes. She said that a lot more CMs were getting trained on the new system and that everyday it was improving. Sunday just might be rough because few will have to contend with work or school, but I think that the CM end of the business is improving. At least I hope so!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #50
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ohhh congrats!! That is awesome!!! What luck you will def have a wonderful trip staying at BCV!!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #51
Happydog
DIS Veteran

100 days! 100 days!

So today... we celebrate 100 days until our DISNEY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!!

can you tell I am excited?

I wanted to do something special, but I cant!! The trip is a surprise!!!
So I will just walk around here on and celebrate in my head. Oh, that is a little frightening...

So not only do we have the 100 days, we also have 10 days until I can make our ADRs No wait. Not sure how I feel about that.... that is more like it! I have backups, but hopefully I will be able to get what I want.

I look forward to hearing about everyone else's luck on the ADR system...

Next up will be my trip binder...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #52
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Christmas!!! Oh, you are so lucky!!! What a great time to go!!!
It was a complete surprise... I am still scratching my head! There is a long time to go for that, and I will have to start thinking about it soon -- but first and foremost on my mind is JUNE! AND YOUR ADR experience report!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
That is so exciting that you booked a Christmas vacation! Wow!

I need to look into how the whole rent the DVC points thing works. Did you do it through the threads here? Or somewhere else? Have you stayed over there before? I can't see your sig right now. We loved our stay at BC. What fun you are going to have!
I am excited too, no question. Regarding the DVC rentals, we have done it three times, and always with success... HOWEVER, you may want to check out that RCI/timeshare option, too..

You will have to fill me in on the BC (other than what I read from your report already!) I want to focus on the B-day surprise vacation at this point, but once June is up, I'll be ready! and that way I can pick your brain some more!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

And regarding that OT topic, No, I have never seen the commercial, and it sounds too cute Another motivation to get into shape, you are right -- besides being a chow hound at Disney in June Miss DELUXE DINING!!!!!! Believe me, I am RIGHT there with you!!! Oh boy, another ice cream sandwich!! Of course I can eat a whole one by myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ohhh congrats!! That is awesome!!! What luck you will def have a wonderful trip staying at BCV!!
Thanks!! I look forward to it. We have only ever walked through the lobby!

Last edited by Happydog; 03-07-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #53
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was a complete surprise... I am still scratching my head! There is a long time to go for that, and I will have to start thinking about it soon -- but first and foremost on my mind is JUNE! AND YOUR ADR experience report!!!!
Hurray for 100 Days!!!

This time tomorrow, I should have a report on making my ADRs -- or I will still be on hold. Let's hope for the second one!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #54
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I just read your PTR this evening. Your boys are so adorable, you are going to have a great trip in June. Congrats on the 100 Days!!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #55
Happydog
DIS Veteran

How to stay organized -- or at least look like you do.

So on our last trip, this past November, I really got into working on daily planning and also I prepared a trip "binder", though mine was really a folder! I liked the idea of having a place to keep everything related to my trip organized, and a home for everything I was printing out. So I made my own daily trip itineraries, included all of our ADRs, details about the park hours, parades, etc. and printed that out. I included the coveted “approved 08 snack credit thread list” and a variety of other items I deemed “necessary.” I put everything in a three pronged folder, and put our maps and other resort documents in the pockets. I took it to the park every day. By the end of the week, well more like mid week, the edges of the folder were getting a little frayed, and while it was great to have that information, it didn’t stay open by itself, and that was annoying. Not sure I needed to take all that stuff with me daily, but I knew for this trip that I wanted to try something different. After reading many posts on the DIS about The Passporter, I went to the bookstore to see a Passporter guide in person. I liked it, it seemed nice to have the maps and the pockets, etc., but I wanted to be able to choose what went in the trip binder. And so I bought the Unofficial Guide instead and also started using Touring Plans online. Still unresolved, however, was the form I wanted my binder to take. I was sure I wouldn’t bring a regular binder to the park, too bulky, too large. I don’t know how many people bring their trip binders everywhere they go, but I wanted to have something with me that was a cross between my folder and the Passporter. Then on one random shopping trip to Target, I found what I think will make the ideal trip binder. At least for me… AND it was on clearance!! Not bad for $4.38!

So here is the "before" picture. Not bad, really, but I am in need of an upgrade!

And HERE is what I got at Target:

What you might not be able to tell, is that the cover is entirely flexible. It has a fabric "bind" and the whole thing is bendable, and light. Now, I know it won't be light once I fill it , but it is a good start, I think. It is also, only 9 x 6 or something like that. Almost the same dimensions as the Passporter. It has three-rings like a binder and some plastic organizational pockets and paper already included. It will be able to go to the park with me easily. Right now it doesn't look like much. But, I have great visions of laminating maps, printing out the itinerary pages from Touring Plans which can be printed to fit my binders size, and creating other items that will fit. I think this is really going to work! I will be busily crafting it in the next few weeks, though, and will unveil the final version soon!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #56
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I just read your PTR this evening. Your boys are so adorable, you are going to have a great trip in June. Congrats on the 100 Days!!
Oh Gee! Hi! I have seen you everywhere on the DISboards, and I just love love your Mary Poppin's theming and especially your PTR titles! Too cute! We saw the musical in London, two years ago. I was amazed by the set. Thank you for that vote of confidence on the trip. I think so, too... I have been reading your PTR as well... I am just getting to the "new table" --
Looking forward to chatting with you along the way!

Old 03-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #57
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Gee! Hi! I have seen you everywhere on the DISboards, and I just love love your Mary Poppin's theming and especially your PTR titles! Too cute! We saw the musical in London, two years ago. I was amazed by the set. Thank you for that vote of confidence on the trip. I think so, too... I have been reading your PTR as well... I am just getting to the "new table" --
Looking forward to chatting with you along the way!
I'm so jealous that you saw the Mary Poppins musical. I heard they are FINALLY doing a National Tour this year and I'm really hoping they make it to Boston so I can go see it.

Thanks for reading my PTR, I have a lot of fun writing it!

I LOVE your flexible binder note thingy! That is so awesome. I did the laminated daily itineraries last trip and while I liked them, I don't think I need something THAT detailed for this trip. I never could get a binder together, I am much more of a list gal.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #58
Happydog
DIS Veteran

ADR flip-flopping

Okay, now I am having second thoughts...

Need some input please!!!

So it seems to me that you all and many other posters are all over the Tusker House Breakfast... is that because it is a character breakfast? What is the great appeal? Not sure if I am missing out on something... We are planning for CM as a late breakfast already.

Next, for Epcot, we have Le Cellier and Chefs de France picked... Then I started thinking about Tutto's... we LOVE Italian... it seems to get decent reviews.. the kids menu was recently updated, and they have some good options, which I thought would be good for the boys... the menu looks interesting... Chefs menu too, what is the appeal there? I kept hearing good things about it as well, but I am not sure why I picked it over Tutto's... then the kid's menu seems fine, but if we can get variety, we can get it at Tutto's... I am worried I won't get Le Cellier. That is part of the problem, too, so if I don't, are these two choices good one's? Thoughts? What am I missing? Any other choices I should consider? Part of my decision making does hinge on the kid's menu. I considered Nine Dragons recently...
Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited by Happydog; 03-08-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #59
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, now I am having second thoughts...

Need some input please!!!

So it seems to me that you all and many other posters are all over the Tusker House Breakfast... is that because it is a character breakfast? What is the great appeal? Not sure if I am missing out on something... We are planning for CM as a late breakfast already.

Next, for Epcot, we have Le Cellier and Chefs de France picked... Then I started thinking about Tutto's... we LOVE Italian... it seems to get decent reviews.. the kids menu was recently updated, and they have some good options, which I thought would be good for the boys... the menu looks interesting... Chef's of France, what is the appeal there? I kept hearing good things about this one, too, but I am not sure why I picked it over Tutto's... then the kid's menu seems fine, but if we can get variety, we can get it at Tutto's... I am worried I won't get Le Cellier. That is part of the problem, too, so if I don't, are these two choices good one's? Thoughts? What am I missing? Any other choices I should consider? Part of my decision making does hinge on the kid's menu. I considered Nine Dragons, too...
Thanks for your thoughts!
Poor Happydog! You seem a tad bit stressed about your ADRs.

For us there are a couple of reasons we like Tusker House. First and foremost we love getting into AK early. It is so peaceful and beautiful before the hordes arrive. Second we love the food there and the theming -- that juice they serve is so delicious! Third we get to see some of the main characters all dressed up in their safari garb.

I am afraid I can't be a big help about any of the Epcot choices -- we haven't eaten at any of those places, but I have heard good things about all of them.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #60
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

We haven't been to Tusker, but it is a must do for us because DS HAS to see Donald. I like the idea of getting into the park early. Also, I've read that there are some things on the menu there that reflect the African theme, even at breakfast. I am interested in trying those too. I've rarely read a bad review of this place.

I can't help you with your Epcot choices because I've never eaten at the ones you are debating. Sorry. As for Chef's. I believe I read as many bad reviews of that place as good. We are going to form our own opinion. If you are feeling a leaning toward Tutto's, then go for it!

I was considering Nine Dragons too. I've heard that the new decor is pretty nice. I was that impressed with the kids menu, if I remember right though...

Maybe you can look at some pictures of the restaurants and think to yourself, do I want to eat in here? Maybe that will help?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: