Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #31
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Your plan looks good. We didn't plan a single park on the same day! Ah well. We'll probably see you hanging around the resort.

It's late and I need to head to bed. I'll probably comment more tomorrow.

The only comment I can really remember is about your AK day. If you aren't watching the parade at 3:45 you need to be strategic in your leaving. You said leave around 4. On our first trip, I left before the parade began to get something from the room while DH stayed behind with DS at the Boneyard. Then we were going to meet up at Epcot. He got caught in the parade traffic and it was a NIGHTMARE. He is pretty adamant on our upcoming trip that we be outta there before the parade for our afternoon break.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:02 AM   #32
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happydog, your ADR plans look good. As far as going against TGM and Touringplans, they usually pick their best parks in part due to which parks are not having EMH in the morning or evening. We have gone against touring plans' advice a couple of times -- just be prepared for more crowds -- it probably won't bother you too much.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #33
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ohh your plans look great so far.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #34
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Your ADRs look great! We totally enjoyed our dinner at Sci-Fi. And how fun to have a romantic evening out with the DH!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #35
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
Your plan looks good. We didn't plan a single park on the same day! Ah well. We'll probably see you hanging around the resort.

It's late and I need to head to bed. I'll probably comment more tomorrow.

The only comment I can really remember is about your AK day. If you aren't watching the parade at 3:45 you need to be strategic in your leaving. You said leave around 4. On our first trip, I left before the parade began to get something from the room while DH stayed behind with DS at the Boneyard. Then we were going to meet up at Epcot. He got caught in the parade traffic and it was a NIGHTMARE. He is pretty adamant on our upcoming trip that we be outta there before the parade for our afternoon break.
Oh! Nuts!

Well, again, you are right! We will be at the resort at the same time! Maybe we can meet up at the resort? I would enjoy that!

I was up pretty late last night, typing all that out.

So much depends on if we will be able to get the ADRs we want... I am a little nervous about that... Your comment about AK is a good one and I will put it into my spreadsheet -- which I have been crafting

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #36
Happydog
DIS Veteran

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY big news.....

Can you guess?

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #37
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What??? What???
Old 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #38
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Did you do the math? Are you going deluxe?
Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #39
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Uhhhhhhhh.....

NO. No DlxDDP. Sorry!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

CP, you have been known to make changes to your countdown ticker...

SO...

Old 03-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #40
Happydog
DIS Veteran

LOOK! MY first "multi-quote" post!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happydog, your ADR plans look good. As far as going against TGM and Touringplans, they usually pick their best parks in part due to which parks are not having EMH in the morning or evening. We have gone against touring plans' advice a couple of times -- just be prepared for more crowds -- it probably won't bother you too much.
Okay, I am going to be a "believer" here... okay okay... I figure the am hours will be busy, but we'll get out of there just as the reinforcements start to arrive. At least that is the "subject to change if it looks like rain" plan, plan... And thank you for the ADR voice of confidence... I think the ADRs will work. I doubt very much (after everything we have read) That we will get Le Cellier.... you know, we have been to your beloved AK... Ate at Boma, and loved it. Did you end up making reservations at the new place, is it in Kidani Village? I remember you mentioning this on your PTR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ohh your plans look great so far.
Gee, Thanks! Lets hope it comes off without a hitch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Your ADRs look great! We totally enjoyed our dinner at Sci-Fi. And how fun to have a romantic evening out with the DH!
Yeah, I hope so. We almost made it to Sci-Fi in Nov. We were so wiped out, we ended up just going to hang on the boardwalk instead. What I did this time is make a plan to have dessert. After the boardwalk -- we'll walk back to the park. I think it will work...

Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #41
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Did you change your dates?

Stop the Suspense!!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #42
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
Did you change your dates?

Stop the Suspense!!!!
Well, you know I have been foiled by some silly technical difficulty on the Mickey Path website!!! HA! My ticker, no wait my tickerSSSSSSS have disappeared on me.

Remember when we were chatting about booking another trip before this trip had even happened??? Well.....

Old 03-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #43
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Actually, there is a teeny, tiny, little, hint on my signature...

Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
2BoysMom
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think

BEACH CLUB VILLAS??? Wow, what a great time for me to finally realize you have a PTR!! There's gotta be a story for BCV!!! I am so jealous!

Remind me to have a chat with you about the Auto Train. I won't do it on my very first post, but we should "talk" a little about it.

BCV's....at Christmas, too.... I can't believe it.

PTR & TR-1st trip to Disney, 1st Christmas. Celebrating our new daughter!

Coronado Springs Jan. 2004, Contemporary & POFQ May 2005, POR & Disney cruise Aug. 2005, POFQ Sep. 2006, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2007, Boardwalk-Christmas Dec 2007, POR March 2008, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2008, Pop & Coronado Spgs - Halloween Oct. 2008, Offsite-Princess half-marathon March 2009, AsMov spontaneous 1 nighter April 2009, Disney Cruise May/June 2009, Offsite-business trip Jan 2010, Poly-Christmas 2010, Bonnet Creek May 2011, Bonnet Creek - Halloween Oct 2011, Wilderness Lodge 10 yr. Anniversary weekend Jan 2012, POR & Swan /Dolphin Oct 2012.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #45
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
BEACH CLUB VILLAS??? Wow, what a great time for me to finally realize you have a PTR!! There's gotta be a story for BCV!!! I am so jealous!

Remind me to have a chat with you about the Auto Train. I won't do it on my very first post, but we should "talk" a little about it.

BCV's....at Christmas, too.... I can't believe it.

HI! Yeah well there is a story there. I can't believe it either... we rented points from an owner... VERY inexpensively. And do you know whose idea it was?!?!?! Brace yourself. My DH. He is really good at knocking me over in my chair these days... I think he is keeping me distracted because I have recently told him that we should start thinking of baby #3
And I am NOT kidding about that... But that is a whole NON DIS story!!! OFF TOPIC, OFF TOPIC But for now I am too excited to concentrate on anything else but June. And of course everyone else's plans, and YOUR race on SATURDAY!!! We had to pounce on this or it was going to be gone...

AnyHOO, re the car train, sure! Lets talk about that -- umm but ONLY if you don't have some sort of horror story, b/c if you do, you cannot, must not, tell me that!!! I am already angst-ridden!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: