Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #136
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I am just cracking up over your ADR sheet. I have a WHOLE notebook that looks like that from all of my scribbling when I am on the phone with Disney!

Look at all of those fun Disney purchases!! So very exciting. If you buy your crocs online, make sure you check for some coupon codes! I have gotten great deals at the croc website and shoebuy.com!
YAY! Fellow Doodlers of the DIS unite! Disney doodling is serious business people...

It is exciting! It was fun collecting these goodies...

I will be on the lookout for the coupon codes on the Crocs site and shoebuy!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #137
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNew2Disney2008 View Post
For the crocs - go to the company's online website. They had all disney crocs half off just a couple weeks ago when I ordered mine!
Yes, I saw them on your PTR! TOO cute I didn't really like what they had left size-wise for the disney boy crocs, the colors they had... I would rather get the originals... though for December I will likely get the lined ones....

Quote:
I like the Mickey box for the loot - hadn't thought about that! Great idea though!
Well it was a post office impulse buy ... How often does THAT happen ???? I thought I could use it some how, not sure... It doesn't open in the center, only on the side, so I will have to do something to it first... maybe tie the balloons, etc.

Quote:
My ADR sheet looked much worse. MUCH WORSE! Let's see - top I had all the park, who had EMH, when they were, park hours, etc. Projections of which park we'd be in and then projected ADRs on one line (had days going across top though & meals going down side) 1st line was what I WANTED and then two rows below each meal for adjustments. Color coded none the less (think red, yellow and green ) Black ink, a blue pen and a pencil. I'm a nutcase.

Imagine my stress when 2 weeks into this he wants to do the DxDP! I guess when we are going it won't be that crowded because I got my pick of everything except CM -then again, we have small ones so earlier dining times are ideal for us!
No, you are not a nutcase... it is just one of those "seven qualities of highly efficient people"...

However the stress about now adding more ADRs for the Deluxe, no, that would be a challenge, I agree, and it was a good thing that you were able to get what you wanted. Because that could have easily been a blessing and a curse! Earlier dining with little people is a must!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #138
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Holy Cow!!!!!

I am so nervous now for making my ADRs tomorrow after hearing about yours!!! I hope I get a FAST CM!

Guess what? You have a ressie at WCC for the night that I am hoping to get one! Yours is just 15 minutes ahead of ours! I'm pretty sure we're doing the cake that night too! You can see what kind of mayhem, if any, ensues (is that a word?) with that! How cool is that?

I'll have to post tomorrow how my ADRs go!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #139
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I' m in... just have to get caught up!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #140
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
Holy Cow!!!!!

I am so nervous now for making my ADRs tomorrow after hearing about yours!!! I hope I get a FAST CM!

Guess what? You have a ressie at WCC for the night that I am hoping to get one! Yours is just 15 minutes ahead of ours! I'm pretty sure we're doing the cake that night too! You can see what kind of mayhem, if any, ensues (is that a word?) with that! How cool is that?

I'll have to post tomorrow how my ADRs go!
You'll have your own story I am sure (in fact, I know, b/c I just read it!)
HOW funny! I had no idea, but that is great! I can take pics for you! You know, we just changed that. Initially we were tied to Epcot for dinner, and then b/c I had to make a few other fixes, I decided instead to keep that night "park-free" for the ADR, and make an ADR early, so we could go "wherever" after dinner. I have wanted to try WCC. I figure if I stay at WL and DONT try it, it would be silly. I knew you were going to be there one night I didn't realize it was THAT night! So cool! What a great way to say "hi!"

The DIS boards were down for most of the day, so I just now get to catch up! We went to the Circus today, which was a fun, but tiring afternoon, got home did dinner and bath and now I am finally catching up to see what everyone did! Looks great for you! Now the really fun stuff begins...

Old 03-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #141
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I' m in... just have to get caught up!
Hello! I have enjoyed reading your PTR... you have such cute kids! Glad things are working out for your trip, and thanks for coming over to read about mine! Seems like we are all putting together some great trips this summer!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:15 AM   #142
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I love it! And I'm a doodler, too. I remember on my last PTR/TR I posted a picture of my Disney planning folder (back before I had BINDER) and it had doodles all over it. I was a bit embarrassed to post the picture.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #143
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I love it! And I'm a doodler, too. I remember on my last PTR/TR I posted a picture of my Disney planning folder (back before I had BINDER) and it had doodles all over it. I was a bit embarrassed to post the picture.
Well I certainly made an upgrade this trip, too! I had a folder last time, and now I am trying a new "binder thingy" -- it is a mini-binder, with a flexible cover, very light. I love it ...

The problem with my doodling, is that sometimes I can't tell the real notes from the doodles!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #144
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Your doodles at least are on a pretty printed out things. Mine are all over scribbled upon notebook paper! I had to transfer everything to a second piece of paper as soon as I was off the phone or I wouldn't have been able to see a thing!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #145
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Your doodles at least are on a pretty printed out things. Mine are all over scribbled upon notebook paper! I had to transfer everything to a second piece of paper as soon as I was off the phone or I wouldn't have been able to see a thing!
Hi! Yeah, I transfer it all into the computer, but the mayhem of the pen is automatic, no matter what I am doing, meetings, phone conversations, etc. you name it. Put a pen in my hand and that's it.

Oh, and I just discovered you started a Pre Trippie! it is kinda fun and somewhat addicting... I just tell my DH, hey, would you rather I shop online?!

I had been learning from the best, before I decided to put my toe in the water... it was pretty easy to jump in feet first!

So I will be over...

Old 03-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #146
Happydog
DIS Veteran

An Italian Puppet

Okay, so I just received my coveted Pinocchio DVD in the mail today. The 70th Anniversary edition... if you have not seen it yet, and I simply mean the DVD, b/c I have not been able to get past the box yet, just look at it the next time you go to Target or Barnes & Noble, etc... the box is so pretty The "star" and the front has a hologram image of the star and the fairy -- it really is lovely!!! We have not even opened it yet, *sigh* -- curse that Birthday surprise! -- but I couldn't get past the box! A photo won't do it justice, you have to see it up close. We also just bought Toy Story... The family has seen it, but never owned it. We are slowly buying copies of all the Disney Classics and the Pixar films... I just watched Fantasia on my old VCR cassette with them a few weeks ago. My husband wants to show the boys Cinderella, so they are familiar with the classics and the stories... He is a former English teacher and now teaches film, so it makes sense! I want to open up Pinocchio, because, well, in less than two weeks, we are flying to Italia! What better way to reintroduce them to the Italian puppet maker! And we will be going to the region where this story originated from, so it seems a perfect occasion to crack this dvd out early so I, err... THEY ... can see it
Alas, it has been relegated to my Disney WALL.E stuff sack stash in the sewing room...

Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #147
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I followed you over from another PTR and can't wait to read everything. We'll be there June 16-25 @ POR! I would love to stay at WL, but we are a family of 5 with two teenagers, so no way to fit into one of those rooms.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #148
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Aw, I follow your reasoning perfectly! I actually loved having Ian watch Cinderella. He wanted to be Prince Charming and guess who got to play Cinderella? "Mommy, may I have this dance?" I'm off to find Pinocchio. My girls told me they haven't seen it yet!Where did I go wrong?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #149
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I'm joining in! I followed you over from another PTR and can't wait to read everything. We'll be there June 16-25 @ POR! I would love to stay at WL, but we are a family of 5 with two teenagers, so no way to fit into one of those rooms.
Ha! Yes, I can imagine, when little people bodies grow, they become big people body sized! Well, we are very excited to stay again at the WL, we actually almost stayed at POFQ this past Nov... but ended up in a studio at SSR on DVC points. I thought POFQ and PO in general looks very nice.
Glad you are here to join in --

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Aw, I follow your reasoning perfectly! I actually loved having Ian watch Cinderella. He wanted to be Prince Charming and guess who got to play Cinderella? "Mommy, may I have this dance?" I'm off to find Pinocchio. My girls told me they haven't seen it yet!Where did I go wrong?
HOW cute on that prince charming... oh they so know how to be charming when they want to... Re the videos, I just read on Lady Lallie's PTR that Toys R Us has a deal on Disney movies, and there is a coupon she describes too. I am going to go investigate it myself... we get 2 day shipping free with Amazon, so I tend to do that.. they already are somewhat discounted, so with free 2 day shipping I order mostly from them, but check it out! It is rather funny when DH starts describing the fact that our kids need to be "Disney Literate" like I am so sure he really means it that way -- "educational"... right ... how about so they can enjoy the story just because ?!?!?! Though I must confess, we have used Disney for educational purposes... b/c we do actually have Peter Pan and Cars in Italian! We brought them back from our last trip... It is pretty funny watching them and listening to them in Italiano!

Old 03-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #150
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Too funny! I have heard that tv and movies are a great way to learn languages, so he may be on to something. Do you have relatives in Italy? I probably missed it somewhere. I'm scattered like that. Also, motherhood really does a number on the brain cells.

I forgot to respond to your enouragement on the PTR awhile back. (See what I mean about brain cells) It is pretty fun! Come on over if you get the chance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: