Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go

A wee little trip to disneyland. NOW A TR!!! come check out our adventure! complete!

So we are heading to DLR on April 17th. We will be there the 17th and 18th and then we have to go to our friends wedding. Orginally we werent going to DLR, but since my sisters birthday is the month before (March 11th) We decided to go ahead and take the extra days to celebrate with her at DLR (it is the whole what will you celebrate theme anyway right?) This will be her birthday gift this year and shes super excited to be at DLR for her 12th birthday and getting her fist birthday pin.

So lets start with the cast!

Me: Sid, the all around Disney Fanatic of the family I'm to into disney and too into planning

My BF Jared: Not a huge disney fan, but do to his motion sickness DLR is the best theme park for him, also he love Disney food.

My Sister Cambria: Taking after her sister in the Disney love department and turning 12 this year.

Pics of the cast:
Boyfreind Jared and I at DLR in 2006 (his first ever trip!)

Cambria at I at DLR in 2007 (Our first trip togther since she was a baby)

Well thats all for now I should post some more with planning type stuff later on. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Teki; 05-06-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Will look forward to more!! Enjoyed the pics!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see and hear more
Old 03-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Matching T-shirts.

Ok so I have this weird thing where at least one day of our trip everyone has to Have a matching t-shirt. This time however, everyone is being a grumpy gus about it and wants nothing to do with my weirdness go figure . So this year our T-shirts will have a Theme, but not match. I tried to find some pics of the shrits, but to no avail since my sisters is wrapped up for her birthday (hope she doesnt read this ) and my Boyfriends is in his suitcase already (the only thing in it ) Here is the best I coudl do

Day 1
My sister Cambria, and I will be wearing shirts that match this note pad, mine is orange and has large graphics of the park in retro style, and my sisters is purple with smaller graphics.

Sorry I dont have the actually pics, but youll be able to seem them in the full TR.
My Boyfriend Jare, shirt will look somethign like this.

It says Entertainment Nightly at the top has the pic of Jessica in the middle and then says Disneyland at the bottom. Jessica is one of his faves.

Day 2:
Jared wont be wearing a matching one today, he always will do one day, but thats it. Cambria and I were gonna wear the matchign tees that are Red and have this logo in black on them. and say peace in white underneath, but she feels like shes too old to be twiness so she will wear that while I wear, a read shirt with Mickey and a Raibow that reads "This is my happy shirt" This is the Mickey from the shirt.

Day 3: This is the day we have special somethign planned for my sister its also the day we leave the parks My sis and I will be wearing blue shirts we got from Hawaii. Her's is a little two small so shell be combineing it with a black tank, and it has Lilo and Stitch on it, mine has Mickey, Donald and Goofy surfing.

Sorry again for no pics of the actual things Ill make a note of them in the acutal TR for you.

Just for fun here is some pictures of my matching t-shirt craziness from our last trip.
Cambria, Brother Ausitn, and myself in our TNBC shirts

Mom in hers.

We had a day wear everyone wore pirates, accept my brother who had jungle book, and another were the girls wore tink, and brother wore big bad wolf but the t-shirts were all the same style.

Last edited by Teki; 03-02-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Itenary

Ok so heres the break down of the trip
April 17th
-wake up at 3am (well Jared and I have to Cambria will sleep in the car) and Drive from Vegas to DL. We hope to leave at 4 and be there by 9 and in the parks by 9:30.
- Check in at Ramada Inn Maingate and park.
- Head over to the parks getting there between 9:30 and 10
- This day we will spend entirely in Disney Land because I think its gonna the less crowded of the two days although there both gonna be pretty bad.
Dining for day 1: Bengal BBQ for lunch and Hungry Bear for Dinner.

April 18th
- Wake up by 6:30
- be at park gate by 7:30, although its a pain to get these two up in the morning so who knows.
- today we conquer Mountains attempting to get to Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Thunder Mountain before the lines swell.
- afterwards have breakfast and head over to California Adventure
- After finish up California adventure we will head back to Disneyland and finish up anything we didn't conquer the day before.
Dining for Day 2: Breakfast will be a collaboration of treats and fruits from main street before heading to DCA
Lunch will be probably a snack because were gonna do breakfast a little later
and Dinner at the Pacific Warf mm soup.

April 19th
A Special surprise for My sis before making the long drive to San Diego for the wedding.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
DizNee Luver

I love the shirt idea....we did that on our first trip in 2005...... nobody will wear them after that day....lol I had them made special thru the disney store online...but the material on them is kinda funky so I don't blame them.

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. I'm sure your sister will have a blast for her birthday!!!

Will look forward to the TR with pics!! I like the idea of not matching shirts but the same theme! Loved the Nightmare Before Xmas theme!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 03-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #7
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Change of plans, a calendar made and soem fun pics.

Ok so first the change of plan today the birthday girl let me know shes dieing to try the orange sorbet at Wine Country Trattoria, so instead of pacefic warf thats where were heading for dinner.

So a few weeks ago to gear up for our upcoming trip we went to the what will you celebrate tour to get our baloons and see Mickey and Minnie. Here are the pics! The extra person is my best friend amanda, hopefully she and I will be going to DLR next year for her 21st b-day.

Today I had a sick day home from school and I was a little bored so I went and head and made my sister her count down calendar, she cant wait to mark it off.

Well thats all for today hope to post more soon!

Last edited by Teki; 03-04-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Jedi academy sign

Yesterday I finished my offical itenary, today I conquer the packing list, Im going to try and get us a PS for Wine Country Trattoria (I always have a hard time saying that lol) today, but my house doesnt have long distance so Im not sure Ill be able to get through to the disney dine line considering the area code I may have to wait till I see Jared on friday to use his long distance. I know it seems like way ahead to be getting this stuff done, but Mid terms are right before the trip and Im hopeing to have the end of march to study so getting all this out of the way now is just whats gonna happen.

We are gonna try and see the Jedi Academy on the second day in the morning, Ive made my sister a sign in an effort to get her chosen, this would be a truely magic momment for her, because the three of us are all star wars nerds. Here is the sign let me know what you guys think!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
DizNee Luver

Cute sign!! My son (7) wants to go to this, but I'm afraid if not chosen he'd be very disappointed (and who wants a sad kid at DL) so we avoided it last trip.....not sure we'll be able to do that again......

Here's sending *+*+*+*+*Good Luck & Pixie Dust*+*+*+*+* towards your sister so she'll get picked!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Thanks so much Ive heard if you go to the first show and have a sign you defiantly get picked maybe you could try it with your son, heres hoping he gets picked too.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
caligirl stuck in va
Mouseketeer

Great Job so far...how nice of you to get to spend some quality DL time with your sister for her birthday...FUN!

Can't wait to read the rest!

Disneyland 1975 - First Trip
Disneyland 1987 - DLR suites
Disneyland Family Reunion 2007 - Park Vue
Disneyland Family Reunion 2008 - Park Vue

"mommy, when can we go back to Disneyland? can we go right now?!"
caligirl stuck in va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Shoretown
Earning My Ears

Great pics!
Shoretown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #13
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki View Post
Ok so I have this weird thing where at least one day of our trip everyone has to Have a matching t-shirt. This time however, everyone is being a grumpy gus about it and wants nothing to do with my weirdness go figure . So this year our T-shirts will have a Theme, but not match. I tried to find some pics of the shrits, but to no avail since my sisters is wrapped up for her birthday (hope she doesnt read this ) and my Boyfriends is in his suitcase already (the only thing in it ) Here is the best I coudl do

Day 1
My sister Cambria, and I will be wearing shirts that match this note pad, mine is orange and has large graphics of the park in retro style, and my sisters is purple with smaller graphics.

Sorry I dont have the actually pics, but youll be able to seem them in the full TR.
My Boyfriend Jare, shirt will look somethign like this.

It says Entertainment Nightly at the top has the pic of Jessica in the middle and then says Disneyland at the bottom. Jessica is one of his faves.

Day 2:
Jared wont be wearing a matching one today, he always will do one day, but thats it. Cambria and I were gonna wear the matchign tees that are Red and have this logo in black on them. and say peace in white underneath, but she feels like shes too old to be twiness so she will wear that while I wear, a read shirt with Mickey and a Raibow that reads "This is my happy shirt" This is the Mickey from the shirt.

Day 3: This is the day we have special somethign planned for my sister its also the day we leave the parks My sis and I will be wearing blue shirts we got from Hawaii. Her's is a little two small so shell be combineing it with a black tank, and it has Lilo and Stitch on it, mine has Mickey, Donald and Goofy surfing.

Sorry again for no pics of the actual things Ill make a note of them in the acutal TR for you.

Just for fun here is some pictures of my matching t-shirt craziness from our last trip.
Cambria, Brother Ausitn, and myself in our TNBC shirts

Mom in hers.

We had a day wear everyone wore pirates, accept my brother who had jungle book, and another were the girls wore tink, and brother wore big bad wolf but the t-shirts were all the same style.
I love matching T-Shirts!! I love, love, love those sticky notes! Where did you get them??

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Character outlet, but last time I was there they weren't there anymore
Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki View Post
Ok so first the change of plan today the birthday girl let me know shes dieing to try the orange sorbet at Wine Country Trattoria, so instead of pacefic warf thats where were heading for dinner.

So a few weeks ago to gear up for our upcoming trip we went to the what will you celebrate tour to get our baloons and see Mickey and Minnie. Here are the pics! The extra person is my best friend amanda, hopefully she and I will be going to DLR next year for her 21st b-day.

Today I had a sick day home from school and I was a little bored so I went and head and made my sister her count down calendar, she cant wait to mark it off.

Well thats all for today hope to post more soon!
That's great that you made a countdown calendar for her. You're a great big sister, lol. I tried to get my sister to come along with us but she has an exam she can't miss the day we're supposed to leave and we wouldn't make it in time. I hope she'll go with me in September!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: