Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #226
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Hey Sooze, just getting caught back up! The Animal Kingdom looked CROWDED! OMG Shae is TOO CUTE in the boneyard! She has the best smile and then I went from that to feeling like crying when I saw Tyson's face at Hurricane Hanna's....i HATE it when you are so excited for something and then you can't have it! UGH! Great pics. of a one bedroom...dreaming of that day! That must have been AWESOME to have a washer and dryer! The pic. of Shae sleeping is precious!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #227
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
So, one of the benefits of being a Band Geek is that you have many friends with jobs in the arts... performers, musicians, dancers, actors and actresses.. and fortunately, Disney employs many of these kinds of people. So the odds of us knowing someone that works in Disney as an entertainer are pretty darned good.

Case in point... Dean had a former band student (she was a dancer in the marching band) who now works in Disney as a character. SNOW WHITE to be exact!! (She also plays Ariel in Spectromagic!) Her name is Victoria and she is BEAUTIFUL!! Dean was in contact with her, and we planned a time to meet her (as Snow) in Germany. Today was the day!!

We moseyed on over to Epcot and waited patiently at the little spot in Germany where our princess would soon be standing. We were extra excited because this would be Shae's first interaction with one!!

Here she is saying "Two more minutes" (til Snow arrives!)

Here is Abby with Snow White. We let her go first, since Victoria was a friend of THEIRS, not ours! (well, yet, anyway!)

Shaelyn finally got to talk to her! You can see Shae holding her Snow White doll. Snow White appreciated that!

And here is Snow signing Shae's book. She wrote a message to her.. which made us feel extra special!

Now, check out these two beauties!! Aren't they gorgeous?!

Here is SW showing Shae how to hold her hands like a

And a family shot. I have got to learn how to hold my kid without looking so awkward... or, wait... maybe I could just let her stand on her own two legs?!

What's that you ask? Where did Tyson go!? Oh my... he was in full-blown "I'm-too-cool-to-stand-next-to-a-princess" mode. I was disappointed, but I didn't push it. Besides, I think he was acting that way because Abby was there.

Shae and I spent the rest of the night on our own. The big kids all enjoyed the big kid Epcot stuff. Shae and I found ourselves back at..... Nemo..... But I got some cute pictures, so that's ok! Enjoy!

Do fish really have teeth?

Just keep swimming!

Our day came to an end quickly. We were bound and determined to make it to DHS at rope drop so we could FINALLY ride Toy Story Mania! Who knew that even making it there at rope drop would STILL require us to WAIT... a LONG time.... to ride it!
WOW, what a FABULOUS memory for you! Shae's expression is BEYOND precious...LOVE her holding up 2 fingers and the pic. of her kissing nemo....I want to squeeze her, she is so darn cute!! That is so nice that Snow White gave you such special attention!
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #228
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

HOORAY for finally getting to ride TSM! That line was CRAZY looking! So glad you got to ride it twice, it is SO MUCH FUN isn't it? That is funny about Tyson and his pins, my boys are the same way so I finally ordered some off ebay and that is what they use to trade and they always seem to trade ones that they already traded for! The Bolt characters were gone in June and I was so disappointed, your pictures are GREAT! LOVE how enthusiatic Shae is with all of them!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #229
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I those character pictures.
Me too! I don't think I'll EVER get enough. It'll be so cool when my kids are older and we can look back at the pictures as they grow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arilvdc View Post
Wow your kids are so cute! The ride looks sooooo different on the outside compared to california adventure. I've been on it a ton of times, and I love it! Great trip report!
Thanks, I kinda agree! I was at California Adventure for a little bit over Christmas.. but we never made it to the TSM ride.. was it open then! Where is it in CA? Thanks for your comments!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
All the pictures were great, but I thought the pictures of your DH and Shae waiting in line at Toy Story were adorable(especially the "are we there yet").
Aw, thanks! She was in such a sweet little lull while we were waiting... just cuddly and Dis-happy!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 08-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #230
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Hey Sooze, just getting caught back up! The Animal Kingdom looked CROWDED! OMG Shae is TOO CUTE in the boneyard! She has the best smile and then I went from that to feeling like crying when I saw Tyson's face at Hurricane Hanna's....i HATE it when you are so excited for something and then you can't have it! UGH! Great pics. of a one bedroom...dreaming of that day! That must have been AWESOME to have a washer and dryer! The pic. of Shae sleeping is precious!
Glad you found time to come back! I don't know how you do it with your frequent updates over on your report ! I'm STILL working on getting caught up on that one!!

Ty's face WAS pathetic, but we had to quickly remember the Disney rule of no boo-boo face while in the Happiest Place on Earth!

Quote:
WOW, what a FABULOUS memory for you! Shae's expression is BEYOND precious...LOVE her holding up 2 fingers and the pic. of her kissing nemo....I want to squeeze her, she is so darn cute!! That is so nice that Snow White gave you such special attention!
The funny, yet sad, thing is.. that was her first ever princess meet.. now everything after that is compared to it! Needless to say, our friend set the bar very high!

Quote:
HOORAY for finally getting to ride TSM! That line was CRAZY looking! So glad you got to ride it twice, it is SO MUCH FUN isn't it? That is funny about Tyson and his pins, my boys are the same way so I finally ordered some off ebay and that is what they use to trade and they always seem to trade ones that they already traded for! The Bolt characters were gone in June and I was so disappointed, your pictures are GREAT! LOVE how enthusiatic Shae is with all of them!
I think we are going to do that for Ty for Christmas... just get him a lanyard with some Ebay finds simply for trading! Sorry you missed Bolt.. but the Up characters are WAY cool, too!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #231
Sooze
DIS Veteran

It was time for our afternoon break, so we made our way to the boat dock. The kids had lots of bonding moments on this trip, and I was able to catch this one on camera!

Enjoying the pins:

Close up of the cuteness:

We had a quick wait for the boat and a relaxing ride back 'home'. Next stop was Stormalong Bay. We were worried because SAB was supposed to be in rehab just before we arrived. They couldn't guarantee the opening date for us, so we just crossed our fingers and hoped we wouldn't have to be walking over to the Boardwalk for swimming. Luckily, it was completely open and we were able to enjoy our favorite pool!

Of course, after having all of that fun, there's always the downer of having to tell Shaelyn it's "Time to go"... Naps are a-callin'!!

Just not ready to leave:

But, as everyone knows, MOMMY KNOWS BEST! Here she is a few moments later after getting dried off and dressed:

All together now..... "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

After resting and getting cleaned up a bit, we drove over to Fort Wilderness. Tonight was our night to hang out with Dean, Adrianna, and Abby at their campsite. We parked in the main parking area, and Dean came around and picked us up to drive us to their site. HOLY COW! I had NO IDEA how HUGE Ft. Wilderness is!!! And there were campers in every site. What a COOL atmosphere!!

Dean kept commenting on it being 'lower class' than our hoity-toity Beach Club, but we completely disagreed. Was it different? Uh.. yeaaahhh... but definitely not lower class. We had a nice dinner, then started to walk over to the Chip and Dale sing-along. On our way, we had a very funny happening:

We were walking along a gravel walkway, when a small child (probably 5 or 6) came running out of nowhere. When he saw us, he tried to stop, but skidded on the rocks and wiped out! Scraped up his knees and probably his hands. What did he do? Got up, smiled at us, and kept running on his way. Dean says, "I bet that would've played out differently if we were at the Beach Club..."

I said, "Oh yeah... first, the kid would've been bawling his eyes out, then the Nanny would've run over to make sure he was okay!"

Ok.. maybe you don't think it was funny, but it was one of the many Ft. Wilderness vs. Beach Club references/jokes that were made throughout the evening!!

We found some seats at the Chip and Dale singalong. Took a chance to get a family picture:

Cowboy Mark took to the stage:

Dean and Matt took this opportunity to become obnoxious little boys. They were whooping and hollering along with Cowboy Mark at every chance. Yelling "YAHOOOOOOO!!! COWBOYYYYY MAAAARRRRKKK!!!" Adrianna and I wanted to hide under the log benches, but the kids were just loving it, and no one around us seemed to mind so we went with it. (Might've been different at the Beach Club! )

We were able to gather around one of the several fire pits that were set up to get our S'mores made...ymmmmmmm. Then Chip and Dale came out to visit and sign autographs. Unfortunately, they never made it over to us, because it started to drizzle. Not rain. DRIZZLE. They pushed those furry creatures right back inside. As soon as they did, the drizzle stopped...but Chip and Dale never returned.

We took that as a sign to start heading over to the beach so we could catch the water parade and Wishes. We stopped at the playground first to let the kids run wild!

WHEEEEEEEEE!

This cracks me up!

Ty's reaction to Chip and Dale ditching us! Just kidding, he was just being a boy!

By this time, Victoria (our friend who was Snow White yesterday) joined us for the beach and fireworks. It was fun seeing her in her normal, young person mode... jeans and a hoodie, cell phone constantly in hand.. blonde hair. She was very sweet and the kids had no idea they had met her yesterday in a princess dress!

The kids had a ball digging and playing in the sand. Shaelyn was in heaven getting to watch the fireworks display and not being bothered a bit by its loud volume. The water parade was so quaint and nostalgic. Relaxing in the chairs on the beach with friends while all of the above was happening... AWESOME!

We had a wonderful day capped off by a wonderful night. Tomorrow was our princess breakfast. So we headed back to the Beach Club for a good night's sleep.

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #232
renegade7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post

We found some seats at the Chip and Dale singalong. Took a chance to get a family picture:

Dean and Matt took this opportunity to become obnoxious little boys. They were whooping and hollering along with Cowboy Mark at every chance. Yelling "YAHOOOOOOO!!! COWBOYYYYY MAAAARRRRKKK!!!" Adrianna and I wanted to hide under the log benches, but the kids were just loving it, and no one around us seemed to mind so we went with it. (Might've been different at the Beach Club! )

We were able to gather around one of the several fire pits that were set up to get our S'mores made...ymmmmmmm. Then Chip and Dale came out to visit and sign autographs. Unfortunately, they never made it over to us, because it started to drizzle. Not rain. DRIZZLE. They pushed those furry creatures right back inside. As soon as they did, the drizzle stopped...but Chip and Dale never returned.

We took that as a sign to start heading over to the beach so we could catch the water parade and Wishes. We stopped at the playground first to let the kids run wild!
Ft. Wilderness is where we always stayed after mom got sick again (dad got a motorhome so they could travel since she was not allowed to fly). It was my favorite place on property to stay (assuming you get in the loops closest to the settlement) - Boardwalk villas run a close 2nd BTW. Even in my late 20's I was going to see Chip & Dale and make smores and every night if we were back I would watch the water pagent from the beach. I have such great memories.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 08-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #233
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Snow White is my favorite princess, so cool that you got to meet her through your friends

That picture of Shae sleeping is so cute. Glad you got to enjoy TSM, what a fun ride.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #234
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

glad to see some of the fort in your pics, cant wait for our trip there next year.

we are almost down to 10 months left

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #235
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Getting caught back up, sorry I was MIA. Great trip report as always. Loved Shae's reaction to having to leave but loved her cute nap on the couch anymore, awwwwwwwwww! So sorry about Chip and Dale not making an appearance, that stinks! But looks like you and the kids still had a great night. We enjoyed that playground on our night over there too.
How do you know the Snow White? Do you have a pic of her out of costume? Can't wait for the next update.
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 08-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #236
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Hi! Sorry for the lack of real reply or comment, but I'm between vacation weeks and struggling to catch up on work! Had to do my TR catch-ups, too of course.

You've sold me - we're definitely heading over to FW in Dec. Looks like fun!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 08-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #237
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade7 View Post
Ft. Wilderness is where we always stayed after mom got sick again (dad got a motorhome so they could travel since she was not allowed to fly). It was my favorite place on property to stay (assuming you get in the loops closest to the settlement) - Boardwalk villas run a close 2nd BTW. Even in my late 20's I was going to see Chip & Dale and make smores and every night if we were back I would watch the water pagent from the beach. I have such great memories.
That was our first time there. It definitely seemed like an amazing place to stay. What a FUN atmosphere!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Snow White is my favorite princess, so cool that you got to meet her through your friends

That picture of Shae sleeping is so cute. Glad you got to enjoy TSM, what a fun ride.
Didn't she make a beautiful Snow White?!
Thanks.. I just love sleeping little one pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
glad to see some of the fort in your pics, cant wait for our trip there next year.

we are almost down to 10 months left
Do you have a PTR going for that? Sorry I have been out of the Fauntleroy loop for a while! I need to see Parker pics again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Getting caught back up, sorry I was MIA. Great trip report as always. Loved Shae's reaction to having to leave but loved her cute nap on the couch anymore, awwwwwwwwww! So sorry about Chip and Dale not making an appearance, that stinks! But looks like you and the kids still had a great night. We enjoyed that playground on our night over there too.
How do you know the Snow White? Do you have a pic of her out of costume? Can't wait for the next update.
Lesley
It's all good! Trying to absorb your summer while updating your 18-day TR at LIGHTNING speed... I completely understand!

Dean was a band director in Texas and Snow White was in the dance ensemble there. We didn't get a picture of her out of costume... didn't even think of doing that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Hi! Sorry for the lack of real reply or comment, but I'm between vacation weeks and struggling to catch up on work! Had to do my TR catch-ups, too of course.

You've sold me - we're definitely heading over to FW in Dec. Looks like fun!
Dude... I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO behind!! It is NO problem! Glad you're still checking in!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #238
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Our First Princess Dining Experience... ever!

It was a GORGEOUS morning. We were up and ready at lightning-speed because we were going to eat with the princesses today!!

I got Shae all ready in her Cinderella dress.

She practiced doing her 'princess hands', just like Snow White taught her:

We had a fabulous stroll through International Gateway. We savored every milli-second. I tried to take a few shots of Epcot on our way over to Norway. This is my favorite....

Doesn't it look like Rafiki is offering Simba to the Epcot Gods?!

This WOULD'VE been a good shot had I moved a foot to the left:

My attempt to get the new signage along with SE:

Matt and the kids, and not too many other folks. Love it!!

A view across the lagoon:

More signage:

I'm sure you can guess where I was:

Just another Epcot view:

Yay! We made it:

We spent a few minutes browsing the souvies out front... but didn't have to wait long!

Now.. here is my only issue for this trip. Tyson suddenly became anti-princess. He was acting like a big poop about this breakfast. He refused to take any pictures or go anywhere near those beautiful women... what the heck?!!? So, I gave him a job. He got to be the videographer

Just a side note: after our summer trip this July we realized that he was acting that way because of Abby. I think he just wanted to be 'cool'... because when we went just by ourselves in July, he was so sweet with the princesses for Shaelyn. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it!!

Our first princess was Belle, who was in the picture area. Here is Shaelyn, anxiously awaiting her turn!

And Belle leading her to the posing area:

Sweet princesses. BTW, this Belle looked like she was about 15!!

Continued....

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 08-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #239
Sooze
DIS Veteran

So, we were quickly seated at a table. The CM told us that we were right next to the door where the princesses entered the dining room, so we would be the first ones they would go to!! Here is Shae checking out that door...

We ate our normal Disney breakfast food... nothing too special here... and we noticed that Shae wasn't eating a thing. She just kept staring at the door asking when the princesses were coming. Well, after 20 minutes of anticipation, the poor little thing couldn't STAND it any more. She just started crying... wondering WHY those princesses hadn't shown up yet.

Right on cue, Princess Aurora emerged from behind the special door. WHEW!!

Here is Shae giving her a gigantic hug. Sleeping Beauty had made the world right again. You can see her red, tear-stained face!

Then Shae asked if she could dance with Aurora. We sang the Sleeping Beauty waltz while they danced. It was precious!

Just as Aurora was about to go, Shae needed one more hug. Aurora squatted down for the hug and Shae RAN into her arms.. so hard that it knocked her right on her bum! We apologized but the princess was very gracious and played right along. Shaelyn just loved her!!

Knocking her over:

All is good:

Next up was Cindy. She was much more stuffy. Probably because she is used to the proper gig in the Castle. But Shaelyn couldn't tell the difference!

Hugs from the twin:

All of the girls, yeah.. no Tyson:

Next up was Snow White. She wasn't as perfect as OUR Snow White but she did an AWESOME job with the voice. She sounded and giggled just like her!

And then... ARIEL!! YAY! I would love to buy Shae an Ariel costume, but they just look so awkward! But Shae loved seeing her favorite red-headed princess!

She was hysterical. Just talking and talking and blabbing and blabbing away. When she left, Dean said, "I bet Prince Eric just wants to shoot himself sometimes." (Of course, that was between adults only!)

The princesses came fast and furious. As we were getting ready to leave, we noticed that Sleeping Beauty had left a souvie on Shae's headband... a lipstick mark!

It was a GREAT breakfast. We will be heading there again next Spring Break, for sure. The food was ... well, meh.... but the atmosphere and princess interaction were a TEN!

We all meandered over to Soarin' and then split up. Here are a few shots of the beautiful flowers along the way:

Shae and I decided to do Living With the Land because, of course, there was no line! The rest of the clan went to do 'big kid' stuff. Here are a few highlights from our relaxing boat ride:

We were both getting tired and decided to head back to BCV for a nap. On the way out, I broke down and bought Shae a light-up toy that I had been eying for several nights. It was a Sleeping Beauty whose skirt spun around and lit up. After we had such a great experience with her earlier that morning, I thought it fit to buy it!! It really was a good purchase!

After naps, it was Mommy and TyTy time! Guess how long we had to wait for a bus? Just guess.......

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 08-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #240
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

The princess pictures are wonderful. Shea made a great princess the picture of her with Sleeping Beauty and the tears was heart breaking, then the rest of the pictures were all smile. I may need the twirling light toy myself, it looked like fun.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: