Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #181
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
As we pulled into the parking lot, the heavens, ONCE AGAIN, opened up. Just in time for us to have to pull our luggage and children all the way to our room.
I HATE when that happens, and it happens regularly when I go grocery shopping!

Quote:
Mommy, why does this phone have a cord?

Quote:
So how was dinner? Did it live up to our high O'Han-expectations?!
You know waiting on this is killing me, right?!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 06-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #182
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Hey girl! Enjoyed all the pictures and glad the rain cleared up for you. How neat that they have a twister game at POP. We need to go take a look around there one trip. I can't wait to read about O'hana. We've never been but are thinking of doing it next trip.....whenever that may be.
POP was really a cool resort to explore! We didn't even cover half of it and should probably go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Loved all your pictures of the kids at POP, it really is fun to walk around and take pictures of all the huge icons. We stayed in the 50's section. I loved it, now not for every disney trip, but it was great for our group. We needed 2 rooms, and the price was great. We loved that you could have a "pool view" and "lake view" from the public balcony.

Ohana, boy I love it there, but it is impossible to get reservations. Did enjoy Kona Cafe though, that way we could get to the beach to see Wishes too. Can't wait to see your pictures.

And so as not to continue the hijack of Lesley's thread, just wanted to say that it looked like your kids all hit it off at Red Robin. s
POP is definitely a place we would use when the need would arise. But, you're right, not for every trip!!

We had breakfast at Kona a few trips ago... just LOVED it! (Tonga Toast... yummmmmm)

TimandLesley and the kids were just WONDERFUL.. even neater in person than online. The kids really DID hit it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Sooze,

Ohana is on the list for the next trip...at least the tentative list..
Which I'm sure will change a million more times. Try to hang on to O'hana so you can make your own opinions about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

You know waiting on this is killing me, right?!
I do my best, V!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #183
Sooze
DIS Veteran

It was time. Time to head over to a classic resort. Time to meet our 'cousins'. Time to shake coconut maracas. Time to stuff ourselves SILLY with the most delicious food on Disney property. TIME FOR O'HANA!!!

We checked in a bit early, assuming our friends were just around the corner. Our buzzer went off 10 minutes later, but our friends were just getting on the monorail at the Contemporary. So we had to give up our seats and wait until they got here. That was a bummer because we had a party of 7, which isn't easy to sit!

Oh well, we had time to explore the fantastic Poly lobby, shops, and artwork:

We were finally seated and bursting with excitement to share the O'hana experience with our friends. Here they are listening intently to our cousin's instructions on the evenings events:

Shae kept herself busy showing everyone the princess autograph album we got for her. We had to keep her from drawing pictures in it herself!!

The drinks came quickly, and Dean was quite happy to be here!!

You can see we were all in sweatshirts! The rainy day just hadn't allowed it to warm up very much!

While waiting for yummys, Shae kept herself busy with drink umbrellas!!

She was such a good girl this entire meal! She is a very finicky eater and barely tried any of the delicious meats. But that bread... wow... kept her busy most of the night! Tyson and Abby were also having a great time together. They even jumped into the activities!

We absolutely stuffed ourselves. I mean, roll-me-out-the-door-and-onto-the-monorail STUFFED OURSELVES!! Dean and Adrianna were super impressed and we were on Cloud 9!! You know that FIRST NIGHT excitement!? When you are actually, really, officially there and you still have the whole vacation stretched out in front of you!?! Man.. I LOVE THAT FEELING!!!

Dessert was served.. scrumptious! They even brought out a little sundae for Shaelyn, which she devoured. Hmmmmmm... bread and ice cream..... very healthy dinner, no?

We all rolled onto the monorail and headed over to MK for EMH. Yes.. we were exhausted. But the pure Disney adrenaline was pushing us on. And, boy, were we glad we pushed on!! After riding a few favorites (HM, PotC) we decided to find a spot for the later running of the Spectromagic Parade. We had just come out of HM and caught a REALLY cool spot in front of the Hall of Presidents construction zone.

Here are the kids waiting for the parade. You can see the construction wall behind them, then a rope right in front of them. We had front row seats with no one behind us. It was a GREAT spot!

This parade is REALLY growing on me. I LOVE the music. And I'm super glad that they took the freaky masks off of the trumpet players at the beginning! Here are some shots from the parade. Enjoy!

We noticed during this parade, that Shaelyn is a complete CHARACTER MAGNET!! Every walking character on our side of the parade made their way over to her! Even the swirling little fish stopped for a wink! Here is Cinderella giving her a special wave... she even blew Shae a kiss!

See what I mean?

Minnie!!!!

Wishes was interesting this night. Shae just FREAKED OUT when she realized it was time for fireworks. We (Shae and I) had to head away from the Castle hub and into some shops for her to calm down. I should've known this age would hit... Tyson went through it too! Oh well... I know she'll come around!

We finally headed home after an AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL first day!!
Time for one last picture (Taken by Shaelyn)

Off to bed, then on to.. the SPRING BREAK CROWDS
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 06-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #184
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your excitement. We have never tried O'hanas and I am thinking after reading your report, we might need to do that next year.

How cool for Shae to be the character magnet. I remember when my two were little and characters would gravitate toward them. It always made for some really great pictures!

Can't wait to hear more.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #185
PrincessV

Quote:
We absolutely stuffed ourselves. I mean, roll-me-out-the-door-and-onto-the-monorail STUFFED OURSELVES!! Dean and Adrianna were super impressed and we were on Cloud 9!!
I'm sooo glad! I was a little worried, after my last 'Ohana experience.

Quote:
Hmmmmmm... bread and ice cream..... very healthy dinner, no?
It's the Disney Diet!

Quote:
Oh no!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 07-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #186
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Great update Sooze. At OHana's was the lady there or was it a guy? Just had to ask based on our recent experience there. Glad you enjoyed Spectro, so sorry about Shae and the fireworks. Can't wait to read more about your adventures!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 07-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #187
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
We have never tried O'hanas and I am thinking after reading your report, we might need to do that next year.
We really do love it. But I always try to make it known that Matt and I are NOT connoisseurs by any means! So we are not picky about food. We just love everything they serve and the atmosphere in which it is served! Give it a try and see what you think!

Quote:
cool for Shae to be the character magnet. I remember when my two were little and characters would gravitate toward them. It always made for some really great pictures!
We sure are hoping to get a few more years out of her cuteness. You are right, it made for excellent pictures!

Quote:
I'm sooo glad! I was a little worried, after my last 'Ohana experience.
I was so sad to hear about that bad experience! I hope things haven't changed for the worse since we've left! I recommend it to everyone I know... I'd hate to send my friends somewhere not up-to-Disney-par!

Quote:
It's the Disney Diet!
Except.. she eats that way even when she's NOT at Disney!

Quote:
Oh no!
ooooohhhh YES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Great update Sooze. At OHana's was the lady there or was it a guy? Just had to ask based on our recent experience there. Glad you enjoyed Spectro, so sorry about Shae and the fireworks. Can't wait to read more about your adventures!
Lesley
Do you mean the entertainer? If so, it was a guy. Our waiter was also a male cousin. I think we've been there with the lady, tho... but it was just Matt and me, so we didn't pay much attention to her!

We went to Spectro again at the end of the trip... hilarious time.. can't wait to tell about it.. tho it won't be as funny as when it was happening! I'll just say, my husband can be obnoxiously funny when he gets with his Band Geek friends!

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 07-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #188
Sooze
DIS Veteran

We were up bright and early for our morning at Animal Kingdom. We stopped by BCV on our way to check in. Couldn't wait to get the phone call that our villa was ready!!

Off we go!

The crowds were pouring in fast and furious. We had to keep reminding ourselves that this was no "off season" trip we were trying to enjoy... this was full-out crowd-o-rama time. Lots of patience and deep breaths!

My favorite part about the entrance to Animal Kingdom is the GREAT soundtrack they have playing around the Tree of Life. Looking at this picture, I can just hear it playing! Can you?

Matt ran on ahead to grab fast passes for EE for himself and Tyson. The kids and I hung out at a souvie stand for a while, enjoying all of the Disney stuff:

GAWRSH!!

We were just so happy that the rain and chill went away!

So we had some time to kill before the boys were going to ride the Yeti train.. so what should we do?

Hint:

You guessed it!

Can you see Shae saying "NEEEEMMMOOOO!!!"

Loved it, loved it, loved it... as always!!

Off to the boneyard playground. I've never been to the 'dig' site before.. guess I just never ventured that far into the playground. But Shaelyn just LOVED this place.... of course, we were cleaning little boneyard pellets out of her pants (and panties) all day!!

Look, ma... I pulled these out of my Belle panties!

A wide shot, in case you'd like to see it:

The boys returned from their harrowing experience. By this time, BCV had called and our room was ready to go. HOORAY! Shae, however, was not interested. She was having such a blast, and didn't want to leave. So Matt stayed with her, while Tyson and I went to get our stuff into the villa. We also planned on stopping at Hurricane Hannah's by Stormalong Bay so we could have lunch ready in the room when Matt and Shae returned. Sounded like a good plan.. until THIS happened:

What's wrong you ask? Well, LOOK HARDER (said like Rafiki).... do you see chicken strips on there anywhere? NO!? Neither did we! Not only did they replace their chicken strips with those crappy nuggets.. no they don't have ANY! Tyson was NOT happy:

We reluctantly grabbed a few cheeseburgers and made our way to the villa. Here are some pictures of our humble abode:

And my FAVORITE feature:

Tyson on our balcony:

Epcot ball through the trees:

Tyson is so happy to be HOME!!

Found a little friend on the bed:

Shae enjoyed visiting with him after eating her dumb cheeseburger from Hurricane (we don't serve chicken nuggets anymore) Hannah's:

And off for a nap. Hope she was dreaming about princesses... because she was about to have an AWESOME meeting with one... with a special twist!

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 07-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #189
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for more.

Looking forward to your continued report.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #190
PrincessV

Quote:
I love the range of attire shown here - everything from woolly sweater to sleevelss dress-top!

Quote:
Look, ma... I pulled these out of my Belle panties!

Quote:
What's wrong you ask? Well, LOOK HARDER (said like Rafiki).... do you see chicken strips on there anywhere? NO!? Neither did we! Not only did they replace their chicken strips with those crappy nuggets.. no they don't have ANY!
May I rant on your TR? I. Don't. Get. It. There was some speculation that WDW was going for a "healthier" menu. Hogwash. There is nothing healthy about a hot dog, but it's still there! BRING BACK OUR TENDERS AND NUGGETS!!!

Phew, I feel better, do you?!

Quote:
And my FAVORITE feature:
sigh
I keep dreaming of a W/D magically showing up in my studio one day.

I run Disney!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #191
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We finally headed home after an AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL first day!!
Time for one last picture (Taken by Shaelyn)

Love this pic!

Oh oh...crowds.....
Old 07-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #192
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't wait for more.

Looking forward to your continued report.
Thanks for hanging around!!

Quote:
I love the range of attire shown here - everything from woolly sweater to sleevelss dress-top!
Oh, V! Only YOU would notice that stuff! That's why we love you!

Quote:
May I rant on your TR? I. Don't. Get. It. There was some speculation that WDW was going for a "healthier" menu. Hogwash. There is nothing healthy about a hot dog, but it's still there! BRING BACK OUR TENDERS AND NUGGETS!!!

Phew, I feel better, do you?!
AMEN!!!! And, yes, I feel much better!

Quote:
sigh
I keep dreaming of a W/D magically showing up in my studio one day.
We stayed in a studio last week... REALLY missed that washer and dryer.. the free laundry facility was nice, just SO far away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Love this pic!

Oh oh...crowds.....
I can't believe I posted such a ridiculous picture of myself. I guess I'm just getting so comfy with you all!!

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 07-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #193
jwwi
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful room at the BCV. You are so sweet to say the POP rooms are nice too. Heck they are nice, but when you compare to a 1brm villa, hmmmmmmm, no comparison! I am a Moderate girl, what I feel comfortable spending and staying at, but I did love when I stayed at OKW and POP too. Maybe that just means we love WDW.

Shae is so cute in the boneyard pics, and I love the Goofy hat on Tyson.

Don't apologize for liking the W/D in the villa. Every Mom needs the basics!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #194
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Whaaaat! No more chicken strips at Hurricane Hanna's? Those were sooo tasty!

I do love the Flatbread Chicken Sandwich though!

BCV.....LOVE that resort! I'm hoping you had a great time there as well!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #195
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

it bugs me that they changed them to those little dinky little chicken pieces, so stupid, but at least they brought back the cheese sauce at cosmic rays.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: