Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

April 29 - May 14 - WL, OKW, DCL

10 nights WDW April 25th - May 9
4 night DCL May 10th - May 14th

Before I go any further, I’ll get the introductions out of the way.

Our Disney Cast includes
Me – Kurby (aka Karen)
DH – Patrick and
DD (3.5 y) Cassandra (aka Cassie)

One last thing before I start the actual tr, sometimes I type faster then my brain processes and although I try to catch them, sometimes horrible spelling mistakes creep into my writing. I'll apologize to all English majors who are reading this and cringing when they come across any errors.

A little background on our Disney obsession.

When dh turned 30 he decided to take up running. After a couple of years he heard that Disney was going to start an annual marathon and so he entered. His aunt, uncle and cousins all live in and around the Orlando area so he has a place to stay right…. Wrong. Each year he chose to stay in one of the resorts and go to the parks before the marathon – alone. Something I don’t think I could ever do.

Anyways we met in the summer of 2002 and were engaged by then end of October. That January the two of us took our first trip as a couple to WDW and stayed for 10 full days. 3 of which were taken up with the pre marathon, marathon day and family day. So that left us with 7 fun filled days to explore the parks. I hadn’t been to WDW since I was a child when we stayed at Fort Wilderness and had a 5 day park pass and only 1 parks. Can you imagine?

At any rate, our first park was MK (naturally, who doesn’t do this park first?? ). I can vividly see myself walking hand in hand with my newly asked fiancé, through Main Street and up to the round garden to watch the show in front of Cinderella’s Castle. Now, here’s where it gets all mushy. For no apparent reason, while watching the show, tears started flowing. To this day I have no idea what sparked in my brain that started me crying. Remember we had only been here once as a child and although we watched the “Wonderful World of Disney” on Saturday nights it’s not like it was regular family thing – it was just a movie, or show, or background on a movie.

Or so I though. Obviously it meant much more to them then I though. So here I stand, a grown woman, silently crying while watching a mouse and his friends dance around a stage in front of a castle. Dh leans into me, asks why I’m crying and announces that “I caught it” “caught what?” oh am I sick is that why I’m crying? No no – you caught Disney. And once you catch it – it never leaves you.

We went back a few more times before our wedding in July 04 and then the next time we went in the spring of 06 we were a family of and dd was now 7 months old. Now she’s 3 and a half and we’re heading back in a few months.

Cassandra’s a funny little girl who talks to her Mickey plushys like they are her best friends. Over the years her plushy family has grown to include Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Pluto, Goofy, Darby and even a Cinderella pillow book. It’s funny to see how much she loves Cinderella since she’s never seen the movie. We started to show it to her one day in the autumn only to find out that it’s terribly scratched (looks like someone used it as an SOS pad or something). Maybe it’s because she looks a little like Cinderella or maybe she just likes her blue dress I don’t know but if you ask her who her favourite princess is she always says Cinderella

For ease of reading once this gets going, i'll post the single post links here.

Pre Trip Report Part 1 - Christmas and Ballet

Pre Trip Report Part 2 - The Planning Begins

75 Days to go – doing the happy dance

60 Days and Counting

Our Rating System

Passports Arrived

Starting the packing process

Some Unexpected News

One week and counting

Day 1 - Hurray - Todays the day it begins

Day 2 - 4 hours late but we've arrived

Day 3 - Intense Florida sun + SUPER white Canadian girl - Sun screen = SUN BURN

Day 4 - The beach and that damn sun

Day 5 - We're here - We're finally here

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom and a very sleepy child

Hope you enjoy reading it.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I just caught up! I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation. Can't wait to read more.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

i'm a couple of days behind now - i've been so tired after long hot park days - ya i know - poor pittyful me LOL

I've even lost track of the actual days - i've been calling they WDW day 1 WDW day 2 LOL

we're on WDW day 6 now - I think it's monday because CSI Miami is on right now LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: