Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

The O's May 2008 Odyssey to WDW

It has taken me forever to get to write our trip report. After we got home from Disney we discovered I had breast cancer. Since surgeries and treatment were not completely finished until January 2009 and I now going to finish our report. I am doing great now.

This was our first trip to WDW. I found the Dis Board and started reading for all information I could find. Well while reading the board I never understood all the people who would go back to WDW every year. I figured well once you have been and seen it, you do not need to go again. LOL I understand now. I cannot wait to go back. We are going back May 2 - 8, 2010 and staying at the Poly.

We left early Saturday May 10, 2008 about 6am. Shelby was not a morning person that day. My husband had tetrisized the car. We were on our way.

We arrived in Orlando about 3:30pm and went to Buena Vista Suites for the night. We had a fast food dinner and early bed as I wanted to be at Pop Century around 7am. A couple pictures of BVS room.

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

Old 05-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

Day 1

Day 1
We got up early and were on our way to Pop to check in. After we checked in we had some breakfast there. Of course our room would not be ready until after 3pm they gave us a card with number to call to check. We were off to Animal Kingdom. I use TGM and went by his calendar and notice in the picture the line for AK and MK difference.

MK Line in distance

AK Line – Just us. This was 8:15am.

Arrived and entered AK through the Rainforest Café gift shop. They opened the glass doors and we went through to area to wait for rope drop. Watched the opening, and then went straight to the Kilimanjaro Safari. We rode it twice wait was maybe 5 minutes and that was just walking through the line stiles. I wanted to ride again as I felt I missed a lot the first time taking pictures. After that Kali River Rapids, rode twice. Then onto ride Expedition Everest. My DH and DDs rode EE. The height of it just disturbed me so I decided to look around at some of the shops. While I was still looking around they went and rode Dinosaur. By the time we got back up with each other it was around 11-11:30, so we had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. The afternoon we did a Bugs Life some trails and a couple more rides. Never got Fast Passes or had a line wait of more than 10 minutes.

We got back to Pop about 3:30. We had an ADR at Raglan Road for 6 but we were wiped out and decided to call and cancel. We swam and used our credits for room delivery pizza.

It also gave me time to decorate the window and door.

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

Day 2

Day 2
We head out to Epcot FW Rope Drop. It was the Flower and Garden festival and it was beautiful. First ride of course had to be Mission Space(twice). Then on to Test Track, walked through the butterfly garden, Soarin, The Land and looked around until 11:40 we had ADR for Garden Grill. I loved this lunch especially because they had sweet tea and my favorite characters are Chip and Dale. After lunch we did the Living seas, Nemo and Spaceship Earth(twice). Then headed back to the Pop. Swam and had dinner there. (if you see my pretrip report all my night activities were pretty much wiped we were tired)

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

Old 05-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

Day 3

Day 3
Big day. Kaleigh goes to BBB and we have CRT lunch. I head to BBB with Kaleigh. Scott and Shelby head to ride Space Mountain and others. Our BBB appointment was for 9:55, she was finished at 11am. The family got back together and we looked around the stores near the castle and rode Snow White. Until 12 and headed to the castle for our 12:20 lunch. Kaleigh loves Cinderella so she was dressed as her and had her picture taken with her as we entered CRT. The lunch was good and character interaction was great. After lunch Kaleigh changed into shorts for the rest of the afternoon. We rode the riverboat, did splash mountain and the railroad. Did the Pirates of Carribean and watched the 3pm parade. Then headed back to Pop.

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

Old 05-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

Day 4

Day 4
This was another MK day. We just spent the morning riding rides and checking out shows. My favorite was Mickeys Philharmagic. We had lunch at Cosmic Rays, this was Shelby’s favorite I think she like the décor. We got a dole whip and watched the Dream Come True Parade again. We left MK and headed to DHS for our 6pm ADR at Sci Fi. DH loved Sci Fi Dine In Theater. We messed around a little bit rode Star Wars then headed back to Pop.

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

Day 5

Day 5
We slept in late and went to Epcot WS. This was the hottest day of our vacation. We tried to do the march but did not get to Mexico or Norway. We saw a lot more of the flower and garden festival. We got the bus back to Pop and took our car to WL for our 5:45 ADR at WCC. I meant to say earlier Kaleigh is allergic to tree nuts and shellfish, at every restaurant the chef would come out and talk to us about what they could offer her. This was great. I did email someone prior to our trip and got all the information about snacks etc. I loved WCC we had a great server. I also loved the WL and at that point had decided that is where I wanted to stay next time we came. After dinner we explored WL then went back to Pop for the night.

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

Day 6

Day 6
We were going to sleep in and arrive late at DHS, but we got up early and went to Typhoon Lagoon. All of us loved this waterpark. I did not want to leave the wave pool. Went out as far as I could and stayed there. DH and the kids went on the slides etc. I was very happy being in the cool water. We left TL and went back to the room to change and rest a bit. Headed to DHS for our 5:50 ADR at Prime Time. Dinner was good, dessert better. We headed out to ride Star Wars, RNR(twice), TOT(twice), Great Movie Ride and Muppets 3D. It was closing time by then so we headed back to the room.

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
therealleigh
Mouseketeer

Day 7

Day 7
We were leaving Disney today. We got up early, purchased Kaleigh’s Cinderella castle and checked out. We drove over to the Polynesian for our 9:30 ADR at O’hanas. This is when I fell in love with the Poly and it became the resort I wanted to stay next time. O’hanas was the best breakfast and love the juice. We loved the atmosphere of the Poly. After breakfast we walked around the resort and checked it out then headed back home.

Pop Century - 2008
Poly - 2012

Old 05-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #9
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealleigh View Post
It has taken me forever to get to write our trip report. After we got home from Disney we discovered I had breast cancer. Since surgeries and treatment were not completely finished until January 2009 and I now going to finish our report. I am doing great now.

This was our first trip to WDW. I found the Dis Board and started reading for all information I could find. Well while reading the board I never understood all the people who would go back to WDW every year. I figured well once you have been and seen it, you do not need to go again. LOL I understand now. I cannot wait to go back. We are going back May 2 - 8, 2010 and staying at the Poly.

We left early Saturday May 10, 2008 about 6am. Shelby was not a morning person that day. My husband had tetrisized the car. We were on our way.
Really enjoyed your trip report. Great photos. Love the picture of your daughter in the car...looks very familiar! Glad to hear that you are doing well and hope you have a great trip in 2010!!!!
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Signing on. See, you can't just go to WDW once! We have now been 13 times and our 14th trip is in just 91 days! There's no other place we want to go on family vacation.

Anxiously await more trip report and pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: