Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #391
madameleota71
You try. You fail. You try. You fail. But the only true failure is when you stop trying.

As always, I love your dining reviews!
madameleota71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #392
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I only just discovered this thread and it is great! Thank you so much!!! Sounds like I should hunt down more of your dining reviews - so off I go in search of great alcohol, um, I mean, food pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by madameleota71 View Post
As always, I love your dining reviews!
Thank you guys for reading! It is alot of fun writing these reviews, almost as much fun as eating and drinking.....
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #393
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! Loved all the pics!! Especially the drink ones!!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #394
tinkertotsmom
Earning My Ears

Your reviews are awesome. Thanks so much!
tinkertotsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #395
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdeb1999 View Post
Great reviews! Loved all the pics!! Especially the drink ones!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertotsmom View Post
Your reviews are awesome. Thanks so much!
Thanks for reading! A little over a month until I can get back to WDW and do some new reviews!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #396
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Thanks for reading! A little over a month until I can get back to WDW and do some new reviews!
We have to wait another month for more reviews You know I'll be there!

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #397
goofygal531
Always planning...

Hey Nick, noticed your new ticker.

What happened to the CR??

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #398
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
Hey Nick, noticed your new ticker.

What happened to the CR??
Hey Mare!

Wellll....DH's car needed repairs, new tires etc. and you know how expensive mechanics can be so I sacrificed the CR MK view and we are going to stay at CBR instead..I saved $1100 by making the switch so that will pay for the mechanic and I can still go to WDW so that makes me happy.

Want to know the kicker though? DH is the one that wanted to stay at the CR...he pressed the issue so much that I caved and booked it on the bounceback...so today I tell him we can still go to WDW but we will need to stay in a mod and you know what he says?

THATS OK I DIDNT WANT TO STAY AT THE CR ANYWAYS!

Can you believe him? Would it be bad if I ran him over with his own car??

I am kinda excited about the CBR, we have not been there in 5 years and we have stayed there many times and really enjoyed it....I did keep all the dining ressies the same but since we are not going to stay at the CR I think I will cancel Chef Mickeys and we will drive over to Boma's instead, had to miss it the last 2 trips so this will be great!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #399
goofygal531
Always planning...

Men!

We lease our car. We haven't have to deal with mechanics for over ten years now!

I'm glad you're happy with the CBR.

We stayed there on a last minute Thanksgiving week trip and it was not our fav. DH complained the entire week about the transporation not being "magical". He prefers monorails and boats to buses. PITA!! But like you it was a bargain so I took it. But my DH is not a bargain vacation shopper. He claims he works hard all year he wants a relaxing luxurious vacation. Hey, I don't mind, he's footing the bill. I'd sleep on a park bench on Main St. if they let me!

It's also so different for you that you have your car to get around. And you visit so often.

I just hope Todd doesn't start messing with your ADRs!

I added Boma to our Typhoon Lagoon day. I was able to order the boys deluxe goody bags. I figured it's the only breakfast without a character, I'd need something to entertain them with.

Chef Mickey's is fun but you were just there, the valet at Boma must be wondering what happened to you it's been so long

I'm glad it all worked out for you!
Mare

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
Old 04-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #400
MickeyNicki

Men! Cant live with em, cant shoot em!

Yeah having our car helps alot, we will probably drive to HS and Epcot and just take the bus to MK....plus I dont care where we are in the resort because I can drive to the food court.....as long as a resort sells booze I dont care where I stay ha ha!

Changing this resort was the right thing to do because NO WAY am I giving up our stay in Oct at the BWI garden suite....I am so looking forward to that!

It feels like once you stay deluxe you always want to stay there because of the monorail to MK or the short walk to Epcot but like my mom always told me "When Charlie Funds-alo comes to visit you listen to what he has to say!" Meaning no money no Disney

Boma, ah Boma, the best breakfast in all of WDW! So far we are planning just one TS breakfast and the rest of the time will be the food court at CBR, Todd is thrilled with this because the mod and values have the best food courts! Dinner is Tonys, Cali Grill and San Angel Inn...who knows what for lunches!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #401
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you believe him? Would it be bad if I ran him over with his own car??
Don't do that, Nicki, because then you will be in jail and will miss your Disney vacation.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #402
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
It feels like once you stay deluxe you always want to stay there because of the monorail to MK or the short walk to Epcot !
Well, shelpping two kids and a stroller at a deluxe resort is MUCH easier than at a mod or value. Although, DH complains pushing the stroller up the monorail ramps going to Epcot He HATES going to Epcot from the GF.

Once the boys are older, I'd love to experience the mods and values. I do envy their food courts. I've heard POP has the best food court. A friend of mine raved about the Mom's Blue Plate specials and breakfast wraps.

Quote:
who knows what for lunches!
Hey, have you been to the GFC for lunch? I just booked it for our pool day. People have been raving about The Grand Sandwich. Sounds rich and delicious! Right up my alley!

Our Disney Vacations
Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #403
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Don't do that, Nicki, because then you will be in jail and will miss your Disney vacation.
Jackie you are too right ....but then I would finally be able to take a solo trip and stick to all my ressies

Ah who am I kidding? I would be lost without the guy!

I just hung up with Disney dining and the only times they had for Boma breakfast on June 7 for 2 was 10 am and 11 am...nothing in between....somebody better leave some food for me
Old 04-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #404
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
I just hung up with Disney dining and the only times they had for Boma breakfast on June 7 for 2 was 10 am and 11 am...nothing in between....somebody better leave some food for me
Yeah, I just called a few days ago to add breakfast on June 17 and got 10am.

Our Disney Vacations
Old 04-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #405
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jackie you are too right ....but then I would finally be able to take a solo trip and stick to all my ressies

Ah who am I kidding? I would be lost without the guy!

Solo trip...hmmm...that sounds kind of nice...

We don't have a Boma breakfast that morning -- Tusker House for us -- so there should be some food left there.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: