Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #61
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Excited is the understatement of the year!! Now that some faces have gone and come back it's just making me that much more excited that we're leaving in less than 2 weeks! 11 sleeps! Although I'm not quite sure that last sleep counts All I can think about is DLR and Mickey Mouse (who of course popped out in a dream last night that had nothing to do with DL). Day or night, I have Disney on the brain!

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #62
wvnative
DIS Veteran

I seriously think the four of us should hang out for a little while next week.

I am so not counting the night before we go as one of our sleeps. I know I'll be up half the night looking at the clock to make sure I don't oversleep. It's not like I can't rely on my alarm to wake me up. lol I would love to be able to treat it liek any other night, but since I'll have to pick up my friend at a time that could potentially be past my bedtime, I don't think that's gonna be possible. hehe
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #63
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
I seriously think the four of us should hang out for a little while next week.

I am so not counting the night before we go as one of our sleeps. I know I'll be up half the night looking at the clock to make sure I don't oversleep. It's not like I can't rely on my alarm to wake me up. lol I would love to be able to treat it liek any other night, but since I'll have to pick up my friend at a time that could potentially be past my bedtime, I don't think that's gonna be possible. hehe
I'll bring it up with Frick, but I'm all for a meet up That would be awesome.

So I am amending my previous statement - only 10 more sleeps! Ha. As if I'll even be able to sleep the night before we leave anyways - especially if departure time is looking to be 2 AM!

wish journalmy new blog
Old 03-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #64
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

I never count the last night, or the travel day either....that's as good as already there! AND heading down is one of the best parts!

I have 3 more sleeps! Even though we won't be in DL until the 23rd, our trip starts early on the 20th!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #65
RiverLou
The reason why the rum is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I'll bring it up with Frick, but I'm all for a meet up That would be awesome.

So I am amending my previous statement - only 10 more sleeps! Ha. As if I'll even be able to sleep the night before we leave anyways - especially if departure time is looking to be 2 AM!
Sounds alright to me!

Eh you might sleep a lil..... if I trap you in the guest bedroom. Of course then you'd probably spend that time reading, or doing a mental checklist, or yelling at me. Maybe some combination of all three.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #66
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

OMG 10 more sleeps, you must feel so excited i know i will be when i have 10 sleep left, infact i probably wont sleep
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Old 03-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #67
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverLou View Post
Sounds alright to me!

Eh you might sleep a lil..... if I trap you in the guest bedroom. Of course then you'd probably spend that time reading, or doing a mental checklist, or yelling at me. Maybe some combination of all three.
Have I ever actually verbally yelled at you before? I know I have in my head plenty of times.

I'm sure with everything going on next week I'll get some sleep. I just have to make sure that it happens early enough and with my wonderful new discovery - a sleeping mask!! Maybe add in some Tylenol PM or something too, lol.

wish journalmy new blog
Old 03-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #68
Ottilie
Earning My Ears

yay!

This thread has been so fun to read, as we're going the same days as you! I've got to make DD a countdown calendar like yours!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #69
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottilie View Post
This thread has been so fun to read, as we're going the same days as you! I've got to make DD a countdown calendar like yours!
Make sure you make your LMGH! Maybe we'll see you there. The countdown calendar was so much fun to make! Especially while watching and singing along to Mama Mia (although any Disney movie is an excellent replacement).

wish journalmy new blog
Old 03-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #70
wvnative
DIS Veteran

LOL... I am currently "banned" from any countdown calendar other than numbers on our actual calendar. Apparently anythign other than that is way uncool in the teenage world we live in especially when the teenager is not going on the same trip. hahaha

I took the kid to breakfast at Mimi's on Sunday. We were discussing what to order. She decided on the ham and cheddar croissant. It looked really good and must have been since she actually ate the leftovers. She was surprised I didn't order that as its' one of my favorites. Boy did I get a look when I told her I hadn't ordered it because I would be having the same thing at Carnation. lol
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #71
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

So, hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day yesterday! It's always a fun event in my household because some friends of the family (actually, previously mentioned lady who cuts my hair) come over every year and let's just say hanging out with them should be put into the Olympics - it's not for the faint hearted (or for easy blushers like me).

Oh, and I did get my hair cut!

^ The rats nest from behind. Forgot to take a better "before" picture, but it was a long day and I was a wreck. I hate going to work at 5 in the morning on no sleep.

^ So I went a little crazy.

It was awesome though, and I did feel a little bad. Lisa (hair stylist/good friend of the family) was sick, but came in just so we didn't have to reschedule again after the appointment debacle and because she knew how much I wanted it done before I left for Disneyland. We did figure out what happened, too. She wrote down the 3 before she wrote the :45 thinking I would come in at 3, but decided she wanted an extra 15 minutes, so that's where the 2:45 came from, but she forgot to change the 3 to a 2. I hope that made sense.

^ It looks so much nicer now. And it wont take me as long to straighten it in the morning so I might actually do more than pull it back. Cross your fingers. We didn't do a better head-on picture though.

Anyone else love my Snow White shirt? Yeah, I love it!

Quote:
LOL... I am currently "banned" from any countdown calendar other than numbers on our actual calendar. Apparently anythign other than that is way uncool in the teenage world we live in especially when the teenager is not going on the same trip. hahaha
Man, my teenage world would have loved a countdown calendar. Then again, my teenage world wasn't really that long ago now that I think about it, so the same rules still apply to the today. But I guess the whole countdown to Disneyland and not being able to go would be the kicker in the bucket for me!

wish journalmy new blog
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #72
wvnative
DIS Veteran

Look how nice your hair lays. Mine never behaves like that. lol

Just a week to go!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #73
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Look how nice your hair lays. Mine never behaves like that. lol

Just a week to go!
Haha, yeah, it does for all of one day, and then it's back to all hell breaking loose. You know how your hair never looks like it did on that first day? But I'm actually liking the way it's falling today minus the fact I barely had time to straighten it this morning because I was running late to work.

I can't believe that this time next week I'll be getting ready to go to sleep before the early morning drive!!

wish journalmy new blog
Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #74
wvnative
DIS Veteran

Shoot. Give mine 20 minutes past the styling and it's back to doin' it's own thing. I am seriously debating the need to bring my curling iron. haha

I know! This time next week we'll be trying to fit in another ride or two before our PS for Cafe Orleans.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #75
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Good point! I wish my hair could always look like that. Alas, it's actually holding up on its own when I do it!!

OK, so it is 12:40 and I am officially 15 minutes into watching Twilight! The midnight release at our Hot Topic was so awesome. We got stripping, boys in tutus, and oh, so much more! I have got to share photos and video (first in line to get my DVD, and was home after dropping Frick off all within less than 30 minutes)!!

wish journalmy new blog
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: