Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #31
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That actually ended well for you considering. How fun for the hockey game. Hockey is much more exciting live.
That it is! Although I can always watch a game on television no problem - because most of the time it's all I can get! If I lived closer to SJ I would get season tickets. Gas makes it a little crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
That's a relief you got that fixed!! I'd been in a full-blown panic attack too!!! Thank goodness they were able to fix it & get you a better rate......SCORE!!!

Now, no more messing with your resies!!!!
One of those instances where you learn your lesson the hard way, huh?

Just got back from Frick's We watched The Little Mermaid and created our nice long playlist for the drive to DLR!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #32
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

23 days to go!!!

Last night I realized the main reason why I don't want it to rain during our stay: I hate driving in the rain!! Coming home last night from San Jose after the game was a nightmare for me thanks to the rain, and that was only an hours drive. I don't even want to think what it would be like if the whole drive to DLR was rain, rain, and more rain.

But I had a good time. Even with the rain, and getting the entire lower half of my pants soaked before even getting to HP Pavillion (note to self: rain boots might not be a bad investment at some point). Even with the Sharks loss of JoePa at the end of the first period. Even with the flat play the rest of the game. Even with the loss. I had a good time. I needed another hockey game in my system and that's what I got (plus a large Dippin Dots!!).

So I know these are OT, but I wanted to share a few of my pics from last night:

The play that would give the Sharks their one and only goal of the game:

Last but not least, a very crappy pic of me (talk about raccoon eyes):

I don't have many of me from hockey games, and now I remember why. I forgot to change my settings back to auto before handing my camera off to somebody. Next time, it would really help to have somebody go with me, lol.

On the DLR front, I'm excited to have all the details of our Photoshare worked out. I've never gotten the PhotoPass CD before because it was just too expensive for me to do on my own. Now the problem is solved! Frick and I should be getting out park hoppers on Friday before I get my hair cute. Thankfully, my Credit Union has some cheaper tickets! $147.60 each for 4-day hoppers.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #33
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Cool pictures!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #34
RiverLou
The reason why the rum is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post

Last but not least, a very crappy pic of me (talk about raccoon eyes):

I don't have many of me from hockey games, and now I remember why. I forgot to change my settings back to auto before handing my camera off to somebody. Next time, it would really help to have somebody go with me, lol.

*Ahem*
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #35
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverLou View Post
*Ahem*
I would have gotten you tickets if you'd had any money silly. You always told me you was broke whenever I mentioned games.

Tomorrow we're supposed to be getting our hoppers! I'm so excited, it'll just make everything that much more real to hold some physical evidence that we're actually going! And I get my hair cute. And we're going to go see Coraline. Good day, good day.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #36
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

So I just finished making my first LGMH. I picked up some neon pony beads the other day and this cool kids craft rope that I liked (it has red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and a light blue in it). I couldn't find the hole puncher until today so it had to be put aside until I located it. I'm going to keep futzing with it though. I just realized that I used the wrong mickey head (I had about 5 that I put into a I don't like pile). I had finally made one that I thought was cut well and my handwriting didn't look horrible on, and it's disappeared. Boo! Then come the troubles of uploading the image off of my SD card and onto my laptop. All of the files on my memory card were corrupted! Not good. Not good at all; I had 50+ images on there for my Quality of Light assignment for my photo class. I'm crossing my fingers that I remembered to back the rest of those up on my other hard drive or I am going to be one very upset girl. I had some great shots on there. I'll take a look on the drive later tonight and if not, I'll just have to scramble to re-shoot and edit the assignment by Monday when I have to print. It shouldn't be hard, but I was looking forward to turning in an extra contact sheet. So I reformatted the card which deleted the bad files and tried it again with success!

Anyways, here it is:
Old 03-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #37
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

It looks great!!!! I love it!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #38
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
It looks great!!!! I love it!
Thank you
Old 03-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #39
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Hi!

I love scavenger hunts!! How about Esmerelda (the fortune teller) or that other fortune teller that's over in NOS somewhere.

Also, there's a really great squished penny machine near Splash Mountain... your penny slides down the tiny splash mountain replica inside the machine!

And yes, the elephant is big but it's SO cool and even after going to DL for 38 yrs I didn't notice it until my last trip a year ago! But I'm glad I did.

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
Old 03-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #40
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Hi!

I love scavenger hunts!! How about Esmerelda (the fortune teller) or that other fortune teller that's over in NOS somewhere.

Also, there's a really great squished penny machine near Splash Mountain... your penny slides down the tiny splash mountain replica inside the machine!

And yes, the elephant is big but it's SO cool and even after going to DL for 38 yrs I didn't notice it until my last trip a year ago! But I'm glad I did.
I so, so love penny presses, lol. I'll take a look for that one. I usually avoid SM like the plague because it makes me sick just thinking about riding it. I promised Frick I would give it a shot for the first time this trip. AH! Giving me the creeps just thinking about it.

Hopefully within the next hour we'll be off to pay for up our PH! I'm so excited. Although if I'm not mistaken we'll still have to hit up the ticket booth to exchange them for the actual tickets. I've never gotten the passes through my Credit Union before (I go the CityPass through Costco last time) so I don't know if they give us the actual passes there or not. We'll see.

Then I get my hair cut!

Then we're going to go see Coraline!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #41
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I so, so love penny presses, lol. I'll take a look for that one. I usually avoid SM like the plague because it makes me sick just thinking about riding it. I promised Frick I would give it a shot for the first time this trip. AH! Giving me the creeps just thinking about it.

Hopefully within the next hour we'll be off to pay for up our PH! I'm so excited. Although if I'm not mistaken we'll still have to hit up the ticket booth to exchange them for the actual tickets. I've never gotten the passes through my Credit Union before (I go the CityPass through Costco last time) so I don't know if they give us the actual passes there or not. We'll see.

Then I get my hair cut!

Then we're going to go see Coraline!
SM is so fun!

Coraline is one of the most visually pretty movies I have ever seen. The 3-D was awesome and I thought the whole thing was beautiful!

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #42
RiverLou

Just got back from the with Frack. We ended up seeing Watchmen, apparently the passes I had are only good for so much $ and Coraline costs more because of it being in 3D (go fig.). Not that we're complaining at all. The movie was awesome, I think I'll have to see it again, but in IMAX. I suppose we were fated to see Watchmen. I had asked Frack earlier today if she would rather that than Coraline, she said no, because the theater might have too many obnoxious teenagers since it would be after school hours and the movie just came out. Again, quite happy that we did see it. Still, of course, want to see Coraline.

Oh! We finally got our tickets today. Yes, actual tickets. Not time wasting vouchers. Woohoo!

Er, I'll let Frack fill in what happened after we got our PH's.

Three words to end this post....

Patrick-Wilson's-tush!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #43
kaoden39
Hugs

I SO want to see that. Is it to grown up for a mature 13 year old? My son and I are supposed to go the movies tomorrow and I would really like to see that.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #44
RiverLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I SO want to see that. Is it to grown up for a mature 13 year old? My son and I are supposed to go the movies tomorrow and I would really like to see that.
I would say that it is a bit much for a 13 year old. And there is some boots-on, not hidden under covers sex (anyone have a fan? ahem ). Don't know how comfortable you would be with that. And of course a lot of gore and disturbing violence. I'll say it again though, GREAT movie. Maybe see it with a friend?
Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #45
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverLou View Post
I would say that it is a bit much for a 13 year old. And there is some boots-on, not hidden under covers sex (anyone have a fan? ahem ). Don't know how comfortable you would be with that. And of course a lot of gore and disturbing violence. I'll say it again though, GREAT movie. Maybe see it with a friend?
That's what I am gonna do. My husband is working so much overtime for our Disneyland trip that he is too tired to go anywhere. Now to talk my best friend into it. Oh waot I have an adult nephew......
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: