Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #1471
dvcfamily41801
Has realized you can NEVER have too many DVC points
Would love to be a teachers assistant in an elementary school
Florida Project station takes me to my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute Farms View Post
Anyone have any good recipe/cooking apps?
My two favorites
Martha Stewart Everyday Food - I get a notification everyday at 3:35 with a recipe and ingredient list

Cooks County - really like this one. Videos, pictures, articles. If you are a member of the Cooks Country website, you can access more recipes.

Betty Crocker Cookbook
Big Oven
AllRecipes
Crock-Pot
Epicurious
McCormick Recipe Finder
Woman's Day Cooking Assistant
iFood Lite (Kraft)
Old 09-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #1472
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUmom4kids View Post
I had an iPhone app earlier this year called "Countdown to Disney" that would display the countdown to my WDW vacation with a random WDW picture. When I had to restore my phone a few months ago, I noticed it was gone. I can't find it in the App Store.... Perhaps Disney's attorney threatened them because they used the name "Disney" in their title?

Does anyone know of a good countdown app that I can use in its place? I really liked the WDW theming, but I guess I won't be able to find anything close to that.

Thanks!
Did you check your itunes on the computer? It should still be there.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #1473
Schrute Farms
Mouseketeer

iPhone and subscribing to podcasts?

If I subscribe to a podcast on itunes on my computer, will my iphone automatically download new shows when they are available?

Or do I have to synch with my computer to get them?
Schrute Farms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #1474
vikingfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Anyone have any good recipe/cooking apps?
I have the Betty Crocker app, but if you subscribe to the Taste of Home Newsletter, you will get a recipe a day, I use this site quite a lot.

vikingfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #1475
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran

Wifi question!

We put wifi in our house, and we have two computers, my iPhone, my DS' iPhone, and my iPad on it. They're not all on the wifi at the same time. The most would be two of them. My iPhone is a 3GS, and my son's is a 4G. I put in the password for the wifi, and the "three little half-circles" displayed where the "E" for edge would have been. When my son put the password in on his phone, the "E" remained. Any ideas what we may be doing wrong? Thanks!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #1476
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Camp View Post
We put wifi in our house, and we have two computers, my iPhone, my DS' iPhone, and my iPad on it. They're not all on the wifi at the same time. The most would be two of them. My iPhone is a 3GS, and my son's is a 4G. I put in the password for the wifi, and the "three little half-circles" displayed where the "E" for edge would have been. When my son put the password in on his phone, the "E" remained. Any ideas what we may be doing wrong? Thanks!
Does he have WiFi turned on on his phone? Go to Settings>Wi-Fi and make sure it is on.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #1477
disneysteve

Quote:
If I subscribe to a podcast on itunes on my computer, will my iphone automatically download new shows when they are available?

Or do I have to synch with my computer to get them?
They won't download automatically. I wish they would. I think I asked the same question many pages ago.

You don't have to sync to get them. You can download them right to the phone. That's what I do. You just have to do it manually for each podcast.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #1478
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve;
Does he have WiFi turned on on his phone? Go to Settings>Wi-Fi and make sure it is on.
Yes, the setting was turned "on", and the signal remained on Edge. His phone accepted the password, so I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Never mind! He got it working! He had to reset something and then do it again. We're all set now!

Last edited by Luv2Camp; 09-29-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Update!
Luv2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #1479
dunbarfamily
I'm a proud homebirthing crunchy mama who loves Walt Disney World!

I'm SO glad I stumbled upon this thread! I'm a techno-newbie. We just upgraded from the cheapest phone we could get three years ago (read: free!) to the Iphone 4 when it was released. I was totally lost when I first got it, and honestly, I still am a little lost!

I'll go back and read some of the older posts and see what I can learn!!!

Thanks everyone!

Our next trip: Adults only Disney Wonder 11-14-14
Past trips:4-14 Pop Century/1-13 Pop Century/1-12 BLT/10-11 AK/2-11 BLT & DCL/2-10 DCL & VWL/10-09 AS Movies/5-09 AS Movies/12-08 OKW/5-08 AS Sports/1-08 DCL& Villas at WL/9-07 AS Movies/12-06 AS Music/11-05 Offsite
And too many trips to count with grandma & papa when I was little

DVC members since June '07 at Animal Kingdom & Founding Members at Bay Lake

dunbarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 AM   #1480
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Yes, the setting was turned "on", and the signal remained on Edge. His phone accepted the password, so I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Never mind! He got it working! He had to reset something and then do it again. We're all set now!
I've had similar issues in the past -sometimes one of us will be connected and the other not. I've found by resetting our router it fixes the connectivity issue(??).
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #1481
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Resetting the router seems to fix lots of things. We always start there when there is an issue in my house. Between my DD8 and I we have Macs, PCs, a WiFi printer, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Wii and PS3 that all connect to the router at the same time.

I believe your router is limited to 253 (254 minus the router itself) connections at one time. You probably won't be hitting that one soon.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #1482
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012 View Post
Resetting the router seems to fix lots of things. We always start there when there is an issue in my house. Between my DD8 and I we have Macs, PCs, a WiFi printer, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Wii and PS3 that all connect to the router at the same time.

I believe your router is limited to 253 (254 minus the router itself) connections at one time. You probably won't be hitting that one soon.
Depends what you do with it. Many applications including web browsers can open multiple connections simultaneously. And if you use any of those file sharing systems, you'd be killed by a limit that low...

At lot of the low end routers have only little memory, and they can't support much. They slowly "leak" memory and need a reboot on occasion. I ahve an older Linksys that has more memory that later models. I replaced the firmware on it that supports more configuration and I've got it set for 4096 connections...and I don't have issues at all.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #1483
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012 View Post

Resetting worked for us, thank goodness. I was hoping we didn't hit a limit on the number of items on the router. I can't believe how fast the WiFi is...Edge was soooo slow.

A WiFi printer...I don't have one of those yet! I know what's going on my Christmas list!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #1484
disneysteve

Quote:
I can't believe how fast the WiFi is...Edge was soooo slow.
WiFi is also faster than 3G which is good since we have WiFi at home at I have it at my office. Also good because though I'm on unlimited data plan, DW is not so at home she uses WiFi and it doesn't count against her limited data plan.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #1485
eyeoftigr
UBER DISNEY NERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUmom4kids View Post
I had an iPhone app earlier this year called "Countdown to Disney" that would display the countdown to my WDW vacation with a random WDW picture. When I had to restore my phone a few months ago, I noticed it was gone. I can't find it in the App Store.... Perhaps Disney's attorney threatened them because they used the name "Disney" in their title?

Does anyone know of a good countdown app that I can use in its place? I really liked the WDW theming, but I guess I won't be able to find anything close to that.

Thanks!

Check out the new app WDW COUNTDOWN - Great app!!
eyeoftigr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: