Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #1456
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

It's difficult to hear while at the World. I like to keep my vibrate feature on and put it in my pocket or wristlet so I feel it.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #1457
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
I'm @ the world now & I keep getting missed calls. I have the ringer volume all the way up. Any ideas why I'm not hearing the calls?
Because it is so darn loud there. I don't know how you could possibly hear your phone ring, especially if it is in your pocket or handbag. Half the time, I don't even feel the vibration if I have it set on that since I'm always moving.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #1458
RutgersAlum
Mouseketeer

Hey, Tiggermetoo, don't laugh at this but I'm just putting it out there because I have done this...

Did you make sure you didn't accidentally hit the ringer on switch on the side of the iPhone? I have accidentally turned off my ringer so many times without knowing it Just check on this, it's usually the culprit for me.

GL!

RutgersAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #1459
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

I've checked the ringer & it's on. I guess it's just too loud. Wanted to make sure it wasn't something else. Thanks all!
TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #1460
SydneyFalco
Stop asking ME about YOUR stuff... just ask me about MINE! That's what the Internet is for!

I have joined the ranks of the "i".

(It was the only way the wife could get me to carry a phone. Dern it--almost made it to my forties without ever owning a cel phone!)
SydneyFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #1461
disneysteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RutgersAlum View Post
Did you make sure you didn't accidentally hit the ringer on switch on the side of the iPhone? I have accidentally turned off my ringer so many times without knowing it
Yep. That's the one major design flaw of the iPhone. As I slip the phone into and out of my pocket, I often accidentally flip that switch.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #1462
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Keeping your phone on silent (vibrate) is really important in the parks. You won't hear it ringing - unless you're in a quiet attraction and then everybody will hear it. Bad Show.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #1463
disneysteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve View Post
I have a 3G and have not yet updated to OS4. I've actually tried to a couple of times but I can't seem to get it to work but I'm not sure why. I'm actually attempting to upgrade right now. I connect my phone and get the prompt that an update is available. I click that I want to download and install the new version. It downloads fine. Then it starts the backup process and that's as far as I get. Tonight, I started the back up about 70 minutes ago and so far, the progress bar has barely moved, maybe 1/16" is blue. At that rate, it would take a week to finish.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?
I finally found a solution to this problem. I asked at the Apple store today. At first, I wasn't sure the guy understood what I was talking about, but what he suggested trying worked perfectly.

First, do a backup of your phone. Then do a restore. That will restore and update the phone to iOS4. Then do a restore from backup to get all of your apps and data back on your phone. Ta-dah! I now have iOS4 installed and it didn't take any insane amount of time (probably would have been even faster had I thought to get rid of my photos first).
Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #1464
Schrute Farms
Mouseketeer

I'm in the cult now. My company finally approved iPhones for company email and my iPhone 4 arrived on Friday.

One question- I am looking for an app that I can scan business cards that will then load it into my Outlook contacts. Any recomendations?
Schrute Farms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #1465
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute Farms View Post
I'm in the cult now. My company finally approved iPhones for company email and my iPhone 4 arrived on Friday.

One question- I am looking for an app that I can scan business cards that will then load it into my Outlook contacts. Any recommendations?
We are using BC Reader at our office, it loads into Gmail contacts very well so I am going to assume it works well with Outlook.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #1466
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve View Post
Yep. That's the one major design flaw of the iPhone. As I slip the phone into and out of my pocket, I often accidentally flip that switch.
It's much harder to do on the iPhone 4, especially with a bumper.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #1467
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renysmom View Post
We are using BC Reader at our office, it loads into Gmail contacts very well so I am going to assume it works well with Outlook.
If not, you could export the contacts.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #1468
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

I'm looking for a good Streaming DIsney Theme Park music app. Mouse World Radio seems to work off and on, Live365 wants you to pay so no DIS music (I really wish they'd go elsewhere... I have NEVER liked live 365) and I can't seem to find anything on Pandora.

Any recommendations?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #1469
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUmom4kids View Post
I had an iPhone app earlier this year called "Countdown to Disney" that would display the countdown to my WDW vacation with a random WDW picture. When I had to restore my phone a few months ago, I noticed it was gone. I can't find it in the App Store.... Perhaps Disney's attorney threatened them because they used the name "Disney" in their title?

Does anyone know of a good countdown app that I can use in its place? I really liked the WDW theming, but I guess I won't be able to find anything close to that.

Thanks!
I found one recently called WDW Countdown. I've only had it for a week and so far I really like it. It let's you pick your picture out of various attractions and resorts.

Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #1470
Schrute Farms
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any good recipe/cooking apps?
Schrute Farms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: