Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #1441
vwlfan
Mouseketeer

new problem about iphone id

I hope you all don't mind my hogging this thread for the moment. This morning I downloaded the new software for my 3GS. After I did this I noticed an app called GameCenter which I did not recognize. I mistakenly began to sign up for it. The reason why I say mistakenly was because it led me to change my user id and my password. The reason why I say mistaken is that all you know what broke loose. The new password wouldn't work for one. I couldn't remember the new password and i think I put the wrong email address in too because i never did get a confirmation link from them via email. What a mess. All my fault for rushing.

I was able to reset on Itunes. But I cannot change out the new user id back to the old one! So I cannot download any apps.

I went to Apple Support but they won't be calling me back till tomorrow night.

Wondering if anyone knows how to reset user id on Iphone??

Last edited by vwlfan; 09-10-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: UPDATE -- I figured it out! Imagine that!
vwlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #1442
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Try this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6132152AA7llSd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post
I hope you all don't mind my hogging this thread for the moment. This morning I downloaded the new software for my 3GS. After I did this I noticed an app called GameCenter which I did not recognize. I mistakenly began to sign up for it. The reason why I say mistakenly was because it led me to change my user id and my password. The reason why I say mistaken is that all you know what broke loose. The new password wouldn't work for one. I couldn't remember the new password and i think I put the wrong email address in too because i never did get a confirmation link from them via email. What a mess. All my fault for rushing.

I was able to reset on Itunes. But I cannot change out the new user id back to the old one! So I cannot download any apps.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #1443
nedac
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Settings, Store.... you should be able to change accounts there.
February 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 09-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #1444
vwlfan
Mouseketeer

Ok I'm sold on getting an IPad

Now what about the advice to "wait" for IPad V.2? Can anyone speculate on when this may be in the works? If it's within the next 6 months or so I think I can hold out long enough to wait!
vwlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #1445
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Now what about the advice to "wait" for IPad V.2? Can anyone speculate on when this may be in the works? If it's within the next 6 months or so I think I can hold out long enough to wait!
No one can tell you for sure. You'll probably only know officially about a month or so before it comes out. As for guesses and rumors - some say there is one in the works for the holiday season, but I think that's unlikely. They just announced their holiday lineup of iPods with a big event, and I think they'd want to make the announcement of the next iPad a big event too. My guess is that they will announce it no earlier than January, one year after the announcement of the first iPad, and probably ship in the spring sometime. That is, of course, pure speculation. If I were in your shoes, with a six month time frame for getting an iPad? I'd wait, but it's a close call.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #1446
MM32830
DIS Veteran

Others are speculating that with iOS 4.2 being released in November that Apple will release a new iPad with the new iOS (as well as allowing existing iPads to upgrade to 4.2) at the same time.

Couple the release of iOS 4.2 during the Holidays and new tablet computers running the Android OS coming out this fall in time for the Holidays, it's not a stretch to speculate that there will be a new iPad coming out this fall.

Again, only speculation.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #1447
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsar View Post
No one can tell you for sure. You'll probably only know officially about a month or so before it comes out. As for guesses and rumors - some say there is one in the works for the holiday season, but I think that's unlikely. They just announced their holiday lineup of iPods with a big event, and I think they'd want to make the announcement of the next iPad a big event too. My guess is that they will announce it no earlier than January, one year after the announcement of the first iPad, and probably ship in the spring sometime. That is, of course, pure speculation. If I were in your shoes, with a six month time frame for getting an iPad? I'd wait, but it's a close call.
Well, I'm not sure they would have at the same event... Apple likes to maximize coverage of flagship products.

It will be sometime between now and April...I have my doubts pre Christmas but we will see. I'd guess if it isn't announced in October, the new ipads will be out in Spring.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #1448
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
Well, I'm not sure they would have at the same event... Apple likes to maximize coverage of flagship products.
I agree, but I don't see them being likely to have another big event a month after the iPod one. Of course, no one knows, since this is the first year this has come up. My guess is iPad only event Januaryish, release in the spring. Another possibility would be somehow combining WWDC and an iPad announcement, since those would be pretty close together time-wise.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #1449
LSUmom4kids
LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!

iPhone App: Countdown to Disney?

I had an iPhone app earlier this year called "Countdown to Disney" that would display the countdown to my WDW vacation with a random WDW picture. When I had to restore my phone a few months ago, I noticed it was gone. I can't find it in the App Store.... Perhaps Disney's attorney threatened them because they used the name "Disney" in their title?

Does anyone know of a good countdown app that I can use in its place? I really liked the WDW theming, but I guess I won't be able to find anything close to that.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #1450
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Need help with OS4 update

I have a 3G and have not yet updated to OS4. I've actually tried to a couple of times but I can't seem to get it to work but I'm not sure why. I'm actually attempting to upgrade right now. I connect my phone and get the prompt that an update is available. I click that I want to download and install the new version. It downloads fine. Then it starts the backup process and that's as far as I get. Tonight, I started the back up about 70 minutes ago and so far, the progress bar has barely moved, maybe 1/16" is blue. At that rate, it would take a week to finish.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #1451
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve View Post
I have a 3G and have not yet updated to OS4. I've actually tried to a couple of times but I can't seem to get it to work but I'm not sure why. I'm actually attempting to upgrade right now. I connect my phone and get the prompt that an update is available. I click that I want to download and install the new version. It downloads fine. Then it starts the backup process and that's as far as I get. Tonight, I started the back up about 70 minutes ago and so far, the progress bar has barely moved, maybe 1/16" is blue. At that rate, it would take a week to finish.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?
Here is my experience with it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=46

The whole thread is about upgrading to iOS4.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #1452
disneysteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

Thanks. I'll try that.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #1453
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

I have this app squareworld dot com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUmom4kids View Post
I had an iPhone app earlier this year called "Countdown to Disney" that would display the countdown to my WDW vacation with a random WDW picture. When I had to restore my phone a few months ago, I noticed it was gone. I can't find it in the App Store.... Perhaps Disney's attorney threatened them because they used the name "Disney" in their title?

Does anyone know of a good countdown app that I can use in its place? I really liked the WDW theming, but I guess I won't be able to find anything close to that.

Thanks!

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #1454
disneysteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

I looked on Google and found several sites that gave basically the same advice but it all seems to be for earlier versions of iTunes. The articles were all from 08 or 09. I tried what they suggested but didn't get the notification window about sharing diagnostic data. Can anyone here walk me through how to do that on iTunes 10?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #1455
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

I'm @ the world now & I keep getting missed calls. I have the ringer volume all the way up. Any ideas why I'm not hearing the calls?
TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: