Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #1396
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

iphone guru's, i need help!

My mom recently got an iphone (3Gs) and i can't get it to accept her email account names/passwords - it keeps saying that it's incorrect, when they aren't. She had it attached to itunes the one time, to activate the phone, but we haven't hooked it up since.. (don't know if that matters).

I don't know what to do to help her out... any idea? Thanks so much!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #1397
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamouse View Post
Anyone have a hidden Mickey app they love? I'm tried asking on an iphone app thread but so far I've got nothing. The reviews for the ones I've seen are so-so. We're not HM experts but my kids to like finding them.

TIA!
I use the official HM app, but it doesn't include the same amount as the books (No Downtown Disney or hotels) which is a bummer, otherwise its fun

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #1398
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
iphone guru's, i need help!

My mom recently got an iphone (3Gs) and i can't get it to accept her email account names/passwords - it keeps saying that it's incorrect, when they aren't. She had it attached to itunes the one time, to activate the phone, but we haven't hooked it up since.. (don't know if that matters).

I don't know what to do to help her out... any idea? Thanks so much!
When I was trying to set up a Microsoft Exchange account on my 3GS, I kept on getting a similar error until I entered in the mail server domain name. This was marked as "optional" on the iPhone screen, so I initially didn't put it in there, but apparently that what was preventing me from completing the project.

If that does work or isn't a helpful suggestion, my other thought is to ask someone at an Apple store if there's one close by. This is exactly the sort of question that their customer service is there for.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #1399
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

Hi everyone. My DD wants to buy a used iPhone 3GS. We have ATT so it doesn't need to be jail broken. She is not up for her 2 year renewal so she wants a used one. She will be buying this herself. She looked on eBay but who knows if these really work. Anyone selling their old phones since they got the new one? Or where should she look?
Thanks
Denise
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #1400
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

i haven't read through the thread so this may have already been asked..

this is for Iphone 3GS people - have you upgraded your operating system and then started having problems with your phone?

both DD and I updated the OS (to 4.02 or whatever it is right now)..

as soon as we upgraded the OS, we started having terrible problems with our phones...
the screen freezes so that we can't slide the bar.....this happens quite often including when we try to answer a phone call....it doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be more than just annoying..

has anyone else experienced this?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #1401
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

I have a 3Gs and it has definitely slowed down -not so much that it's annoying but it is noticeable. My wife and a few of her friends have the 3G and it is much worse for them. We were just discussing the issues last night -it's amazing that Apple didn't know(or maybe they just don't care) that the upgrades would impact performance. Of course it's a way to get everyone to go to the iPhone 4 ......or Droid.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #1402
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
i haven't read through the thread so this may have already been asked..

this is for Iphone 3GS people - have you upgraded your operating system and then started having problems with your phone?

both DD and I updated the OS (to 4.02 or whatever it is right now)..

as soon as we upgraded the OS, we started having terrible problems with our phones...
the screen freezes so that we can't slide the bar.....this happens quite often including when we try to answer a phone call....it doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be more than just annoying..

has anyone else experienced this?
Good news! This is a known and acknowledged issue by apple and is fixed in the 4.1 update. Jobs confirmed this in a published email and 3G and 3GS users using the beta for 4.1 report huge performance increases.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #1403
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
Good news! This is a known and acknowledged issue by apple and is fixed in the 4.1 update. Jobs confirmed this in a published email and 3G and 3GS users using the beta for 4.1 report huge performance increases.
do you know when it will be generally available?

i just did a few of the suggestions to increase speed, but it didn't help...
Old 08-22-2010, 05:32 AM   #1404
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Since IOS 4.1 is in closed beta testing the likely release would be next month As all things Apple this could be subject to change

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #1405
luke
Señor Mejor

I'll be waiting till the jailbreak before updating

Old 08-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #1406
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As Reid says, it's Apple. To add to that, he is correct that it's in closed beta, this is a headache for apple on top of other headaches from the launch of this phone which is still selling well but caused some PR issues for apple. All signs point to a large Mid-September event for apple... Rumors of a ton of items from the probable (iPod touch with face time camera) to the likely (apple tv relaunch to iTV that runs iPad/iPhone apps and incorporation of LaLa into iTunes) to the unlikely (7" iPad and verizon iPhone). I agree with Reid of somewhere in the next month for iOS 4.1 with the announcement and probable release at this same event.

And I too will wait for the jailbreak.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #1407
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Fun with an iPhone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzlTBmtJBIk
Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #1408
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

do you all recommend the iPhone-apple care protection? It is $69.00 but is it worth it or a waste of money?
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #1409
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise View Post
do you all recommend the iPhone-apple care protection? It is $69.00 but is it worth it or a waste of money?
I think Squaretrade.com is a better warranty deal for iPhones. They're slightly more expensive, but cover a lot of damage issues that AppleCare doesn't.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #1410
denise

thanks for the suggestion. I checked out their website and then found out that tonight at 5pm PST they are giving 35% off if you friend them on FaceBook!!
So now just waiting for 5pm to get here to sign up.
The cost right now is $99.00 for 2 years and it covers cracked screens and wet phones! something Apple doesn't do. (Dave Parfitt needed this! the wet phone) Doesn't cover lost phones, but I have never lost a phone yet...knock wood..

so if you want 35% and are on FB friend them before 5pm PST and get the code!
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: