Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #1381
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise View Post
I've had my iphone 4 now for over a month now. Getting to love it (as I have had a touch for years now) BUT....how and where do I get ringtones? My old razor had some very cool stuff I put on it. Everyone had their own tune when they called. It seems you can't bluetooth the mp3 clips to an iphone..(at least that is what I was told at Apple)
I really want to use the ones I had on my razor as I know who was calling. How do I put ringtones, without having to buy them, on my iphone?
I suggest you go to page 55 of this thread. Several options for making ringtones were discussed there.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #1382
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I suggest you go to page 55 of this thread. Several options for making ringtones were discussed there.
Either that or Google it. It is very easy. Even I figured it out.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #1383
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Subscribing to this link because I will be getting the iPhone 4 in a few weeks when it's released in Canada.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #1384
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

finally moving files from my old xp computer to my new windows 7.
moved over all my itunes but....
have duplicates of several songs...do I just delete the extras?

there are no apps listed...what file didn't I copy....

I'm not about to sync my phone or touch until this is all good...

DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #1385
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

ok I did something really wrong.

I clicked on a song in itunes to listen to it and got an error...it says...

"The song xxxx could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?"

Every song I click on I get this error....

I know this thread is for iphone but you are all so smart when it comes to itunes.....

What on earth did I do wrong? How do I fix this?
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #1386
jcb

Several answers.

You'll need to tell new iTunes where to find the music files. Windows 7 doesn't have the same folder mapping as XP. Go to "edit", "preferences", and the "advanced" tab. Tell iTunes to look in the new folder.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #1387
jcb

Quote:

mobile apps are stored in . . . Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications. If the prior post doesn't solve it, then copy the contents of the xp "mobile applications" folder to the W7 "mobile applications" folder.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #1388
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:

When you moved your files, you should have moved the entire iTunes folder. A subfolder of that is Music/Mobile Applications. That's where your apps should be.

If you have duplicates, you can delete the extras. I think there's even a setting in iTunes to delete duplicates.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #1389
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
ok I did something really wrong.

I clicked on a song in itunes to listen to it and got an error...it says...

"The song xxxx could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?"

Every song I click on I get this error....

I know this thread is for iphone but you are all so smart when it comes to itunes.....

What on earth did I do wrong? How do I fix this?
That sounds to me like you may have copied just the iTunes prefs files and not the actual content, since it can't find apps or music. You need the _entire_ iTunes folder, which has within it all of the music, apps, movies, podcasts, etc. That needs to be copied from your old computer and pasted to the new one. I haven't done a lot with Windows 7 - another poster is saying that the iTunes folder goes in a different place in Windows 7. If that's the case, once you've copied it to the new spot, you would need to make sure iTunes knows where to look for it.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #1390
denise

THANK YOU, thank you!!!

Again the DISers come through!!!

It all looks and sounds good now. Have to get rid of the duplicates now and I think it will be safe to sync up...know how to do that now too!

Again....

thank you
Old 08-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #1391
disneysteve

I've been having trouble with the podcasts. The slider at the top to scrub through to jump ahead or back isn't working. It is there but I can't click on it, and the elapsed and remaining time both say 00:00. The problem that causes is that if I listen to part of a podcast and turn off the phone, when I come back later, it starts me at the beginning again.

I should mention that I have not yet upgraded to iOS4. I guess I ought to do that today.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #1392
wenrob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysteve View Post
I've been having trouble with the podcasts. The slider at the top to scrub through to jump ahead or back isn't working. It is there but I can't click on it, and the elapsed and remaining time both say 00:00. The problem that causes is that if I listen to part of a podcast and turn off the phone, when I come back later, it starts me at the beginning again.

I should mention that I have not yet upgraded to iOS4. I guess I ought to do that today.
Maybe a stupid question but do you have your ipod settings set to pick up where you left off? Under Settings>ipod settings>Start Playing:check "where left off."
Old 08-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #1393
disneysteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenrob View Post
Maybe a stupid question but do you have your ipod settings set to pick up where you left off? Under Settings>ipod settings>Start Playing:check "where left off."
There are no stupid questions. I do have it set for "where left off" and it had been working just fine before. Then it didn't work on one podcast so I thought maybe it was a problem with that particular file, but since then, it hasn't worked on several others, DIS and others as well.

I am upgrading to iOS4 tonight. We'll see if that fixes the problem.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #1394
wenrob
DIS Veteran

I'll cross my fingers for ya. Technology is such a love/hate thing isn't it?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #1395
scubamouse
Mouseketeer
My shoes match. I know, I checked!

Anyone have a hidden Mickey app they love? I'm tried asking on an iphone app thread but so far I've got nothing. The reviews for the ones I've seen are so-so. We're not HM experts but my kids to like finding them.

TIA!
2005 Christmas at Villas Wilderness Lodge
2006 at Wilderness Lodge
2007 Beach Club Villas with free dining
2008 Beach Club villas
Spring break 2009 Howard Johnson's at Disneyland
August 26 - September 5, 2010 Bonnet Creek
Planning an August 2012 trip
scubamouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread