Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #1006
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
i apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question...

regarding the iPhone 3GS - which is what i have...
does it have a radio?

if not, is there any way to download a radio app that permits radio streaming?

again, i apoligize if this is the dumbest question of the century - i'm more than just a bit techno challenged..

thanks in advance!!
There is no built-in radio but there are many, many streaming radio apps. Some free, some not.

I second Wunder Radio that the other poster suggested. Great app.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #1007
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

thanks for the help everyone! i'll check out irip and wunder radio!!

thanks!!
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #1008
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

outstanding!! i downloaded wunder radio onto DH's iphone and he's now in seventh heaven....listening to news 24/7....
if i didn't mention it, he's a news-aholic...

so great....even our local radio stations can be streamed...

you have made him a very happy man!!! thanks!!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #1009
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

ok....so now he's getting greedy

he asked me to ask you if there's something similar to wunder radio for streaming tv

if there is, i figure you guys must know about it...

meanwhile, i haven't downloaded wunder radio to my iphone yet, but those golden oldies stations are calling to me...
Old 12-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #1010
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

oops double post

Last edited by disneyholic family; 12-24-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #1011
Jennyvelaz
Can a Princess have twins, too?

Old 12-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #1012
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
ok....so now he's getting greedy

he asked me to ask you if there's something similar to wunder radio for streaming tv

if there is, i figure you guys must know about it...

meanwhile, i haven't downloaded wunder radio to my iphone yet, but those golden oldies stations are calling to me...
There are a few apps for tv but I've not found any to be good.

If you're in the uk at any point tho this is an awesome site
http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/

use it in safari and it streams live tv in crystal clear quality even over 3g

Old 12-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #1013
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsar View Post
I didn't think you could transfer your iTunes library from an iPod/iPhone back to the computer. You can, however, transfer _purchases_ you've made on the iPod. When it is syncing with the computer, you will see "iPod" or whatever you have named it appear on the left hand side of iTunes. You can right-click on that and then "Transfer purchases." You will only see this when you are syncing.

BUT - if I understand correctly and your entire music library, not just songs purchased on the iPod, is on the iPod but _not_ on the computer, you need to be very, very careful. When you go to sync with a new computer/hard drive, the default will be for it to wipe out your iPod and replace it with whatever is on the new hard drive. Then you will lose everything and have no way to get it back.

You would think you could easily get all of your music off the iPod and back to the computer, but you can't. I have never faced this particular situation, but there are 3rd party solutions to deal with this problem.

I have heard good things about this program for this problem. It used to be called iPod Rip, but Apple recently made them change the name. It's now iRip.
http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/

Anyway, this software does exactly what you are talking about, which is lets you recover what's on your iPod.

I don't know if it does apps, but apps aren't as big of a deal. If you've purchased apps, you can download them again as many times as you want as long as you're using the same iTunes account. Unfortunately, music is not so simple.
I got a new laptop for Christmas and went from a PC to a Mac. My library is on my PC. After much research, I went with a download called Senuti -- it got great reviews and allowed me to transfer everything from my ipod to my new computer http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/. I also found a download called Super Remove Dead Tracks http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...emovedeadsuper which will remove any of the annoying tracks in your iTunes library that have the exclamation point next to it. Finally, I downloaded Dupin http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/dupin.php which locates and deletes duplicate music files. It works very well, but I wish I was able to find software that worked this good for photos too

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #1014
Annette_VA
DIS Veteran

If you've got some iTunes gift cards burning a hole in your pocket, PopCap Games is having a sale! Peggle, Bookworm & Chuzzle are all $1.99
Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #1015
GBShorts
VMK Community Leader
Knows that all the boys want her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybridein2k3 View Post
I got a new laptop for Christmas and went from a PC to a Mac. My library is on my PC. After much research, I went with a download called Senuti -- it got great reviews and allowed me to transfer everything from my ipod to my new computer http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/. I also found a download called Super Remove Dead Tracks http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...emovedeadsuper which will remove any of the annoying tracks in your iTunes library that have the exclamation point next to it. Finally, I downloaded Dupin http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/dupin.php which locates and deletes duplicate music files. It works very well, but I wish I was able to find software that worked this good for photos too
I think if you have a wireless network in your home you can now transfer your entire library via the "home sharing" capability in iTunes rather than trying to transfer from iPod/iPhone back to the new computer. I helped a friend do it this past week when he got a new iMac for his kids and transferred his music from his Macbook pro. I'm not 100% sure, but you should be able to go PC-Mac or the reverse as well.

Just my two cents.

ps-this is not for those who do not have their library on another computer to transfer or for those who do not have a wireless network in their home.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #1016
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

app: Dragon Dictation

I recently stumbled across an app called Dragon Dictation which looks like it will significantly change how I use the iPhone.

Dragon Dictation is speech-to-text recognition software that uses the Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition engine to turn speech into text. It is _amazingly_ accurate. Once you're done speaking, the app produces the corresponding text, and you get a chance to tweak it. You can then send the text to an IM, an email, or to the clipboard.

As someone who has never really gotten the hang of typing with two thumbs, this little app is going to save me a heck of a lot of time.

And best off all, for the time being, Dragon Dictation is free.

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #1017
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

Question for all you iphone users.
I got a Belkin car kit for the ipod or iphone for Christmas...I have a touch but I am hoping to get a iphone by the end of this month.

Anybody have this car kit? What are your views? I haven't opened it yet...don't have a new enough car to have a ipod/phone jack so DH thought this might work?
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #1018
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise View Post
Question for all you iphone users.
I got a Belkin car kit for the ipod or iphone for Christmas...I have a touch but I am hoping to get a iphone by the end of this month.

Anybody have this car kit? What are your views? I haven't opened it yet...don't have a new enough car to have a ipod/phone jack so DH thought this might work?
I have the Belkin and have tuned a few frequencies on the radio so that I can get a good signal. Others have complained that with a lot of local stations it is hard to get a clear signal. I have never had that problem

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #1019
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

I live in an area with a lot of stations it doesn't work very good I bought a cassette adapter it plugs into the bottom of the Belkin and works perfect. If you are in an area with less stations they work great

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #1020
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

These RF adapters are pretty much hit and miss. Each manufacturer has several different models out and none of them will work equally well for you. The best will work fine if you don't have a lot of strong stations on your FM dial. But if you travel anywhere near a large city in the course of your normal daily travels, you'll ultimately be frustrated by the need to continually change the frequency (get one with lots of choices) and re-arange the power cord so that your radio bets the best signal.

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: