Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #991
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz_kid 777 View Post
I just got my iPhone today and have spent the past 4 hours playing with it. I'll be going through all of this thread at some point, but I just wanted to say hi!
Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the club.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #992
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedac View Post
I can tell you why they tried to talk you out of it.... because they can upgrade you early on any other phone, except the iphone. Whoever you talked to tried to get you to upgrade today. Good job resisitng, it will be worth it. No one will talk you out of it after the 13th.
They also have to subsidize Apple. ATT makes nothing, they say, when they sell it. ATT says it costs more then what they sell it for. They make their money with the data fees and plans....This is why they, ATT, also tell their employees not to buy them but to leave them for the "customers". Also as an employee, I get no discount on the purchase of the phone...
but all those emails from them will not stop me....

I have only 46 days to go until I can get one!!!
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #993
crazy4stitch
Mouseketeer

new app for iphone

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ble_areas.html

I don't have an iphone (yet) but work for at&t and just heard about this today, so wanted to let you know it was available!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #994
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Two weeks left until I can get my iPhone. I'm starting an app list! LOL I wonder which one will be at the top of my list. HHHMMM eticket maybe?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #995
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

I finally updated my software on Sunday. Facebook had stopped working and the ipod wasn't working either. With those working again and the updates in the software, it feels like I have a whole new phone.
mla1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #996
rn4val
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

IVI got my iPhone Sunday it is amazing . The Apple was so great and helpful.I can't put the phone down. I run down the battery by the evening thanks to
my Mom and Dad for a wonderful Early Christmas present
rn4val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #997
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Two weeks left until I can get my iPhone. I'm starting an app list! LOL I wonder which one will be at the top of my list. HHHMMM eticket maybe?
Hey girl!!! Glad to see you jumping on the iphone bandwagon, you will LOVE it!! We will have to chat more.. LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #998
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Stacy!

There you are! Where ya been hiding? I hear that iPhone calling me like that creepy dude from Lord of the Kings, my precious, my precious. The only thing that has held me back so far is my cheapness! Bet Cait is ready for Santa, but is Sis ready for the big day?????
Old 12-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #999
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katscradle View Post
Luke can you send me a pm too with specific instrutions!
Id love instructions also!!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #1000
vwlfan
Mouseketeer

hard drive wiped out!

My hard drive cranked on me. I had to wipe it out and reset the computer. arggh.

SO I lost my itunes library (yes I tried to save my data and somehow I didn't use the external hard drive I had correctly and lost not only Itunes but also tons and tons of data. I am sick about it.

But I re-downloaded Itunes with now an empty library. I thought perhaps I could re-synch the iphone (and my old ipod which I still use now and then) to reload the library. Didn't do anything.

So I called Apple. The help desk person told me to right click on the iphone icon and transfer purchases. This worked up to a point. I knew it would not transfer anything else I had not purchased from Apple. I was ok with that BUT what is happening so far is that it is NOT downloading the many podcasts to which I subscribe.

Itunes is refreshing them on the computer but they are not getting into the iphone.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
vwlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #1001
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post
My hard drive cranked on me. I had to wipe it out and reset the computer. arggh.

SO I lost my itunes library (yes I tried to save my data and somehow I didn't use the external hard drive I had correctly and lost not only Itunes but also tons and tons of data. I am sick about it.

But I re-downloaded Itunes with now an empty library. I thought perhaps I could re-synch the iphone (and my old ipod which I still use now and then) to reload the library. Didn't do anything.

So I called Apple. The help desk person told me to right click on the iphone icon and transfer purchases. This worked up to a point. I knew it would not transfer anything else I had not purchased from Apple. I was ok with that BUT what is happening so far is that it is NOT downloading the many podcasts to which I subscribe.

Itunes is refreshing them on the computer but they are not getting into the iphone.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Are you sure you have podcasts set to sync and all the settings the way you want them? That probably all got reset when you started over again.

If that's not the issue and your podcasts are already checked to sync, you might try un-checking them, syncing, and then checking and syncing again.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:48 AM   #1002
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
right click on the iphone icon where? i'm going to have to do this with my ipod touch....all my music is sitting there, after the computer with the itunes library crashed....the hard drive was a total loss - nothing could be saved...

we use that one computer for all of us to sync music/video/podcasts to....
so once we get a new computer, i'll have to try to reinstate the library from my ipodtouch (since there's nothing on the phone -it's brand new)...
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #1003
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

radio?

i apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question...

regarding the iPhone 3GS - which is what i have...
does it have a radio?

if not, is there any way to download a radio app that permits radio streaming?

again, i apoligize if this is the dumbest question of the century - i'm more than just a bit techno challenged..

thanks in advance!!
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:56 AM   #1004
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post

does it have a radio?

if not, is there any way to download a radio app that permits radio streaming?
First answer, no.
Second answer, yes, there's probably lots but I have Wunderradio and it's pretty good

Old 12-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #1005
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
right click on the iphone icon where? i'm going to have to do this with my ipod touch....all my music is sitting there, after the computer with the itunes library crashed....the hard drive was a total loss - nothing could be saved...

we use that one computer for all of us to sync music/video/podcasts to....
so once we get a new computer, i'll have to try to reinstate the library from my ipodtouch (since there's nothing on the phone -it's brand new)...
I didn't think you could transfer your iTunes library from an iPod/iPhone back to the computer. You can, however, transfer _purchases_ you've made on the iPod. When it is syncing with the computer, you will see "iPod" or whatever you have named it appear on the left hand side of iTunes. You can right-click on that and then "Transfer purchases." You will only see this when you are syncing.

BUT - if I understand correctly and your entire music library, not just songs purchased on the iPod, is on the iPod but _not_ on the computer, you need to be very, very careful. When you go to sync with a new computer/hard drive, the default will be for it to wipe out your iPod and replace it with whatever is on the new hard drive. Then you will lose everything and have no way to get it back.

You would think you could easily get all of your music off the iPod and back to the computer, but you can't. I have never faced this particular situation, but there are 3rd party solutions to deal with this problem.

I have heard good things about this program for this problem. It used to be called iPod Rip, but Apple recently made them change the name. It's now iRip.
http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/

Anyway, this software does exactly what you are talking about, which is lets you recover what's on your iPod.

I don't know if it does apps, but apps aren't as big of a deal. If you've purchased apps, you can download them again as many times as you want as long as you're using the same iTunes account. Unfortunately, music is not so simple.

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: