Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #976
heartsy77
New BCV DVC owner!

While I luv my phone, I hate apple service. My DH has spent all morning trying to get my 3g sent back due to warrantied battery issues. Sadly they agree it is covered it has been a huge mess to get it mailed to them! This is one of those times I wish we didn't live in the sticks; the nearest Apple Store is 1.5 hours away.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #977
willis37862
Captain Jack is still my fave JD character
My drool bucket over runth
Stalking pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsar View Post
I think it depends a lot on the service in your area. We switched to AT&T from T-Mobile about a year ago. Where I live, I actually think the AT&T service is excellent. We have great 3G coverage (it's actually HSDPA, the faster form of 3G, and faster than what Verizon now offers), and I have not noticed at all the issues with dropped calls that people talk about in other places. But it just depends on where you are. If you are in a rural area, you may not have that many options for carriers. If you live in a very urban area like NYC or San Francisco, you may deal with all the AT&T problems that people there report, where the network is under strain from the large number of customers. We live in a medium sized city and have been very happy with AT&T. It's not perfect, but I think it's been better here than T-Mobile was (and so much faster - there was no T-Mobile 3G here at the time we switched. I'm not sure if that's still the case).

What I would suggest is that you take advantage of the policy they have where you can get out of your contract if you're not happy in the first 30 days. That gives you a chance to try out the service and make sure it works for your needs.

As far as cost, rates, and so on go, I have never used Verizon to compare, but I always thought they were similar to, or maybe a bit more expensive than, AT&T. One thing that is worth checking if you switch to AT&T is to see if your employer or university has a discount with them. Lots and lots of employers do, and depending on what it is, it can save you a lot.
Thank you so much for sharing We did have them check to make sure that our street was covered and most of our county is all covered in the 3G area. Our town is medium sized at best so we shouldn't be fighting to many other customers, thanks for bringing that point up I never thought of that.

I just keep hearing people complain about dropped calls and problems with their bills and trying to have them corrected. I love the idea of having an IPhone that can share the apps I already have for my Ipod. Ugh I hate decisions like these Like you said we could try them for 30 days and see how that goes.

Thanks again!

They can't hit ya ~ Bob Varley
Nichole
willis37862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #978
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsy77 View Post
While I luv my phone, I hate apple service. My DH has spent all morning trying to get my 3g sent back due to warrantied battery issues. Sadly they agree it is covered it has been a huge mess to get it mailed to them! This is one of those times I wish we didn't live in the sticks; the nearest Apple Store is 1.5 hours away.
I'm kind of surprised to hear this. We don't live anywhere near an Apple store, but when my sister had problems with her iPhone, she had very good service. She called in and they got all her info and sent a new phone out. When it got here, it had all the instructions/packaging necessary to return the old one. It would have been nicer to just be able to go into a store and have it taken care of, but it really wasn't too much trouble, all things considered.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #979
heartsy77
New BCV DVC owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsar View Post
I'm kind of surprised to hear this. We don't live anywhere near an Apple store, but when my sister had problems with her iPhone, she had very good service. She called in and they got all her info and sent a new phone out. When it got here, it had all the instructions/packaging necessary to return the old one. It would have been nicer to just be able to go into a store and have it taken care of, but it really wasn't too much trouble, all things considered.

I am glad to hear that my experince may not be the norm. After about three hours,4 managers, and a wasted trip to the UPS store 20 miles away it is resolved. Fedex is coming in the AM for it; i should have my new one by the end of the week. For me to get a new phone I had to pay a 29.99 fee and put a 499. hold on my cc. There is no way I am fee so I have an old phone of my nieces till it comes. They offered me a case for all my troubles, since I already own an otterbox they are giving me deluxe car charger. So all is well that ends well!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #980
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsy77 View Post
I am glad to hear that my experince may not be the norm. After about three hours,4 managers, and a wasted trip to the UPS store 20 miles away it is resolved. Fedex is coming in the AM for it; i should have my new one by the end of the week. For me to get a new phone I had to pay a 29.99 fee and put a 499. hold on my cc. There is no way I am fee so I have an old phone of my nieces till it comes. They offered me a case for all my troubles, since I already own an otterbox they are giving me deluxe car charger. So all is well that ends well!
That is frustrating! I am glad to hear it is all working out, but it does sound like a terrible hassle.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #981
tinks_1989
need a like button

subbing cus i can never fing this thread
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #982
katscradle
Left a special sweetness for many PCers in their FEs on the PCC#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
Found a cool new Disney theme, I wont use it myself as i prefer a cleaner theme myself, but its still pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
I've sent you a PM

Luke can you send me a pm too with specific instrutions!
2007-POR AND FW CABINS
2008-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!
2009-MAY-PODCAST CRUISE AND SSR
2009-DEC-BLT FIRST TRIP HOME
katscradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #983
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by katscradle View Post
Sent

luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #984
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

Old 11-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #985
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
Sent too

luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #986
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL

Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post
Favorite apps:

Shazam (we all know that one)
ESPN ScoreCenter (sports scores quick)
iheartradio (sports broadcasts)
RedLaser (shopping comparisons)
Chipotle (i need my carnitas burritos)
OMG...RedLaser is incredibly handy! And only $1.99...I'd have paid more!

Just the other day I was at Best Buy, looking for speakers for my DS. I had to pull up a search engine to try to do a search on the different brands of speakers, trying to see if I could find a better price anywhere.

This app would have saved me a ton of frustration! You just scan the barcode with your iPhone, and it searches for you. It's almost instantaneous, too! I'm gonna go shopping now!

Just had to share.
UrsulasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #987
katscradle
Left a special sweetness for many PCers in their FEs on the PCC#1

I am running out of time before we leave and I have to go back and figure out how to jailbreak.
Just thought I would give this thread a bump, so I wouldn't have to look through several pages to find it!
2007-POR AND FW CABINS
2008-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!
2009-MAY-PODCAST CRUISE AND SSR
2009-DEC-BLT FIRST TRIP HOME
katscradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #988
diz_kid 777
Mouseketeer

I just got my iPhone today and have spent the past 4 hours playing with it. I'll be going through all of this thread at some point, but I just wanted to say hi!

Nov 1999 -- First time to Disneyland! 2 days -- Off Property ---- March 2001 -- WDW 1 day -- Off Property ---- March 2002 -- 1 day at Epcot w/the grandparents ---- Nov 2004 -- WDW 3 days -- Off Property ---- June 2005 -- WDW 2 days -- Off Property (College Graduation!! ) ---- Sept 2006 -- WDW 6 days -- AS Movies ---- Sept 2007 -- WDW 8 days -- AS Sports ---- Dec 2008 -- WDW 7 days -- POFQ ---- Dec 2009 -- WDW 9 days -- POFQ

diz_kid 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #989
rn4val
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

I can get my iphone on the 13th. I can hardly wait to be an offical member of this thread.I called ATTyest trying to let me upgrade early and they were trying to talk me out of an iphone. I thought tht was odd. Oh well I am buying mine from the Apple store so I can take advantage of classes and the genius bar if needed.
2008 AKV
2011 OKW
rn4val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #990
nedac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4val View Post
I can get my iphone on the 13th. I can hardly wait to be an offical member of this thread.I called ATTyest trying to let me upgrade early and they were trying to talk me out of an iphone. I thought tht was odd. Oh well I am buying mine from the Apple store so I can take advantage of classes and the genius bar if needed.

I can tell you why they tried to talk you out of it.... because they can upgrade you early on any other phone, except the iphone. Whoever you talked to tried to get you to upgrade today. Good job resisitng, it will be worth it. No one will talk you out of it after the 13th.
February 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site

Tags
iphone