Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #946
Michele
You're never too old to sit in a little chair and enjoy a Mickey Mouse cartoon
I am a scrapbook dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Camp View Post
After what seems like forever, I'm finally getting my iPhone on Saturday! I already have the Otterbox Defense and a book that should get me started. Itunes is loaded with music and apps. Am I missing anything, besides the phone?

I would like to get a charger for at work and one for the car...Any recommendations?

Thanks!
I just bought the regular Apple wall charger and use the Griffin iTrip for the car.
May 2010 Off-site *~* Dec 2013-DISAPALOOZA! *~* May 2014 Yacht Club

Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #947
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Good morning iphone Peeps, how and where do you synk the contacts list that is on the iphone on to my laptop? Does is synk into itunes it self or some where else. Thanks for any tips, I have learned everything I know about my iphone here on the collective. Thanks

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #948
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran

I got it! I got it! This thing is fabulous! I'm at a football game right now & I can still be on the disboards...wow! One question, I have my e-mail set up. When I check my mail, I can only see the left side of the message. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #949
MM32830
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One question, I have my e-mail set up. When I check my mail, I can only see the left side of the message. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
What do you mean by "the left side of the message"? Are you using the mail client (program) on the iPhone or are you using webmail?

Love to help. Send more info.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #950
sarahsar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Good morning iphone Peeps, how and where do you synk the contacts list that is on the iphone on to my laptop? Does is synk into itunes it self or some where else. Thanks for any tips, I have learned everything I know about my iphone here on the collective. Thanks
It depends what set up you're using. I know for sure that you can use iTunes to sync your contacts to iCal on a Mac or to Outlook on a PC. If you have MobileMe, you can do it over the air and not through iTunes, definitely to a Mac and theoretically to a PC as well.

There may be other ways to do this with a PC, but I'm not sure what they are. Does anyone else know if you can sync iPhone contacts with the default Windows address book?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #951
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM32830 View Post
What do you mean by "the left side of the message"? Are you using the mail client (program) on the iPhone or are you using webmail?

Love to help. Send more info.

I figured it out! I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but when I got back in, I could see the whole message. So far everything else is going ok. Can't wait to get home to load my apps & music. I've set it down just long enough to take pictures of DD in the band, now I'm back at it! This is going to be so addictive!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 PM   #952
nedac
Mouseketeer

Just got the 3GS. Tell what I can do now that I couldn't do before, besides the obvious video camera stuff.
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 11-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #953
tinkerbellrere
and loving every minute of it! ;)

Love my iphone. Can't wait for the DIS app!

My favorites are:
facebook
bejewled
itranslate
my eyes only
pandora
medice
aroundme
pepid
youtube
petfirstaid

Thanks for all the ideas folks! I'll be busy downloading today!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #954
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran

Oh no.....Not off to a good start

Everything was going great...Loaded my music, loaded my apps, had everything set up just right, and was using it like a pro. I used my iPhone this morning with no problem, and then a couple hours later, it had "no service" at the top. So, I reset it, and still no service. Took out the sim card and put it back in, still no service. I called our AT&T store, and he wanted me to bring it back in. I took it to the nearest AT&T store where I bought it yesterday, which is an hour away from my house. They couldn't get it to work either, and they said that I'd have to take it to the big AT&T store in Cincinnati...Another hour drive. So, I gave my best-sad eyes, and they exchanged it for me with another new iPhone. The sales guy couldn't have been any nicer about it. I brought it home, and everything's re-loaded...Again. Ugh! I do have one question - My iPhone #1 had "3G" at the top and was really quick in the internet. The iPhone #2 has "E" at the top and is a bit slower. I'm in my house, so I'm not anywhere different for different reception. I've tried toggling the airplane mode so it searches for reception, but it's staying in the "E" mode. Any ideas from my very distinguished experts?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #955
bsbrady
Disney Veteran

E is for edge. This usually means that you do not have 3G service where you are or under the settings it is possible to turn 3G off. I believe its under Settings -> General -> Network
Old 11-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #956
MM32830
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The iPhone #2 has "E" at the top and is a bit slower. I'm in my house, so I'm not anywhere different for different reception. I've tried toggling the airplane mode so it searches for reception, but it's staying in the "E" mode. Any ideas from my very distinguished experts?
I'm wondering if there was nothing wrong with the other phone. Since you aren't picking up 3G but only Edge (Edge is the slower of the two internet connections), I question whether AT&T is having problems with the service. I've seen that happen with my iPhone and if I wait a while, it all comes back.

Try going outside to see if 3G comes back.

Regardless, you have a new phone and you are now a pro at loading software.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #957
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbrady View Post
E is for edge. This usually means that you do not have 3G service where you are or under the settings it is possible to turn 3G off. I believe its under Settings -> General -> Network
Thank you for the instructions. Tried it & still have the E. I work in the city, so I'll see if I have the 3G when I get to work tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM32830 View Post
I'm wondering if there was nothing wrong with the other phone. Since you aren't picking up 3G but only Edge (Edge is the slower of the two internet connections), I question whether AT&T is having problems with the service. I've seen that happen with my iPhone and if I wait a while, it all comes back.

Try going outside to see if 3G comes back.

Regardless, you have a new phone and you are now a pro at loading software.

The AT&T sales guy couldn't get it to work, even with a new Sim card. The new phone is working great this afternoon, and everything is re-loaded. I guess now I just need to take a deep breath and enjoy it!

Thanks for your advice!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #958
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

For those in the UK I have just downloaded a useful, free app - thetrainline.
Handy for booking those trips. I especially like that you can download a week's timetable of your favourite journey

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #959
nedac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedac View Post
Just got the 3GS. Tell what I can do now that I couldn't do before, besides the obvious video camera stuff.
Clearly it hasn't made my question asking skills any better.

Anyone else here swith to 3GS recently?
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 11-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #960
luke
Señor Mejor

Ok, your 3gs will be faster, have a compass, and possibly have bigger capacity, but other than that there's not a lot more you can do with it.
I won't be upgrading to a 3gs from my 3g, will be waiting til the next incarnation even tho I'm due an upgrade in January, I'll just wait it out

luke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: