Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #841
MM32830
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiedaisy View Post
Hi everyone, I am visiting WDW in November from Australia. I am going to bring my new iphone with me but I am a little concerned about the heat and humidity affecting the phone. I will have it in an otterbox defender case to try and protect it and of course I won't leave it sitting in direct sun or anything. Has anyone the had any issues with the heat/humidity causing problems in Florida with the iphone?
I have been in the parks many times with 95 degree heat and 95% humidity and the iPhone holds up better than most people.

Also, the average high for November is 79 degrees and the humidity is all but none existent.

Bring the iPhone and enjoy your time in The World.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #842
cslittle999
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM32830 View Post
Many apps work on both the iPhone and the iPod Touch. Read the description of the app before downloading. If it doesn't say anything about not working on the iPod Touch, then chances are it will work.

I would add that many apps that work on a Touch aren't really practical on a Touch. If an app requires internet access to be useful you need to think about where you'll be when you want to use it and whether or not you would have access to WiFi. A could example would be a WDW wait time app. Although it would run on a Touch you can't really use it because there is no accessible WiFi at WDW.

CBR November 2003
WL December 2005
First Trip Home - BWV August 2007
MNSSHP - VWL October 2008
BWV/AKV Kidani August 2009
BWV November 2009 - 20th Wedding Anniversary
BWV/HHI August 2011
BWV August 2013, BCV October 2013
BWV August 2014
cslittle999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #843
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:
Originally Posted by smphbear View Post
I think it depends on the podcast. For the Inside the Magic podcast, I get the shownotes with a single tap. I wonder if they have to load them for that to work?
Thx a mint for the info, smphbear! I've since noticed it works sometimes and sometimes not...you must be right about them having to load that

cheers,

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #844
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslittle999 View Post
I would add that many apps that work on a Touch aren't really practical on a Touch. If an app requires internet access to be useful you need to think about where you'll be when you want to use it and whether or not you would have access to WiFi. A could example would be a WDW wait time app. Although it would run on a Touch you can't really use it because there is no accessible WiFi at WDW.
Quote:
Many apps work on both the iPhone and the iPod Touch. Read the description of the app before downloading. If it doesn't say anything about not working on the iPod Touch, then chances are it will work.

PinkBudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #845
MM32830
DIS Veteran

There is free wifi at The Wide World of Sports. Also, some hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd have free wifi.

If you are a DVC member and staying on property using your DVC points, internet access is free.

I have been told (but have not confirmed it) that there is also free wifi at Disney's convention hotels.

If you are flying into MCO, there is free wifi all over the airport.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #846
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
There is free wifi at The Wide World of Sports. Also, some hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd have free wifi.

If you are a DVC member and staying on property using your DVC points, internet access is free.

I have been told (but have not confirmed it) that there is also free wifi at Disney's convention hotels.

If you are flying into MCO, there is free wifi all over the airport.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/wireless.htm
Hopefully this will help...

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #847
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

That's an imformative list. I won't be getting over to WDW for a few years so maybe by that time, it will all change. In the meantime, I believe DLR has wifi in the GCH and DLH lobbies. I'll have to see. Those are close enough to DLR to run over and use them during the day at the parks if they are free.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #848
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Does anyone know a good way to search for WDW music in the ITunes store on their IPhone? I keep looking for Disney World park and resort music, but keep coming up empty.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #849
luke
Señor Mejor

Are there any 'official' albums with Disney park music on? If not then that may be the reason

luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #850
vikingfans
Mouseketeer

Have you tried dis radio or mouseworld radio?
Mouseworld has their own app to download

Last edited by vikingfans; 10-01-2009 at 02:44 PM.
vikingfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #851
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Does anyone know a good way to search for WDW music in the ITunes store on their IPhone? I keep looking for Disney World park and resort music, but keep coming up empty.
ADP...I PM'd you.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #852
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
Are there any 'official' albums with Disney park music on? If not then that may be the reason

I believe there is...Some of the gift shops at WDW sell parade music and park music on CD. I've searched for their titles, but still no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingfans View Post
Have you tried dis radio or mouseworld radio?
Mouseworld has their own app to download
Not yet, although those are good options. It's just sometimes you want to listen to a specific song and you want it in your library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
ADP...I PM'd you.
Got it! Thanks GAN! I've checked it out.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #853
robinb
DIS Veteran

Lightweight Sports Score App?

Does anyone have a lightweight sports score app? I want to be able to check scores while at a sports game. I find when I am at the ballpark or stadium that there is too much network traffic for the apps that usually use to connect and download data. I have MLB At Bat 2009 and ESPN's Sports Center app. As soon as you get a few thousand AT&T customers in one place (like at a baseball or football game) both apps go into the toilet.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #854
whodini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Does anyone have a lightweight sports score app? I want to be able to check scores while at a sports game. I find when I am at the ballpark or stadium that there is too much network traffic for the apps that usually use to connect and download data. I have MLB At Bat 2009 and ESPN's Sports Center app. As soon as you get a few thousand AT&T customers in one place (like at a baseball or football game) both apps go into the toilet.
Check out Sportacular. I like it a lot and you can aggregate all your favorite teams into one place regardless of sport.
whodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #855
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Check out Sportacular. I like it a lot and you can aggregate all your favorite teams into one place regardless of sport.
Does it push a lot of ads? I noticed that the ESPN app always able to push the ad, but couldn't pull up anything else. I don't want to waste a lot of bandwidth on ads ... I would even be willing to pay for something that was reliable.

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: