Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #841
MM32830
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Commute between Central Florida and Maine
Posts: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiedaisy View Post
Hi everyone, I am visiting WDW in November from Australia. I am going to bring my new iphone with me but I am a little concerned about the heat and humidity affecting the phone. I will have it in an otterbox defender case to try and protect it and of course I won't leave it sitting in direct sun or anything. Has anyone the had any issues with the heat/humidity causing problems in Florida with the iphone?
I have been in the parks many times with 95 degree heat and 95% humidity and the iPhone holds up better than most people.

Also, the average high for November is 79 degrees and the humidity is all but none existent.

Bring the iPhone and enjoy your time in The World.




_____________________
Armand
MM32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #842
cslittle999
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orangeville, ON Canada
Posts: 1,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM32830 View Post
Many apps work on both the iPhone and the iPod Touch. Read the description of the app before downloading. If it doesn't say anything about not working on the iPod Touch, then chances are it will work.



_______________
Armand
I would add that many apps that work on a Touch aren't really practical on a Touch. If an app requires internet access to be useful you need to think about where you'll be when you want to use it and whether or not you would have access to WiFi. A could example would be a WDW wait time app. Although it would run on a Touch you can't really use it because there is no accessible WiFi at WDW.
__________________
Chris

CBR November 2003
WL December 2005
First Trip Home - BWV August 2007
MNSSHP - VWL October 2008
BWV/AKV Kidani August 2009
BWV November 2009 - 20th Wedding Anniversary
BWV/HHI August 2011
BWV August 2013, BCV October 2013
BWV August 2014
cslittle999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #843
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run
 
klam_chowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by smphbear View Post
I think it depends on the podcast. For the Inside the Magic podcast, I get the shownotes with a single tap. I wonder if they have to load them for that to work?
Thx a mint for the info, smphbear! I've since noticed it works sometimes and sometimes not...you must be right about them having to load that

cheers,
__________________
spacingtespacingte
text

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #844
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now
 
PinkBudgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.California
Posts: 6,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslittle999 View Post
I would add that many apps that work on a Touch aren't really practical on a Touch. If an app requires internet access to be useful you need to think about where you'll be when you want to use it and whether or not you would have access to WiFi. A could example would be a WDW wait time app. Although it would run on a Touch you can't really use it because there is no accessible WiFi at WDW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM32830 View Post
Many apps work on both the iPhone and the iPod Touch. Read the description of the app before downloading. If it doesn't say anything about not working on the iPod Touch, then chances are it will work.

_______________
Armand
Thank you both. Good point about the WiFi. Now if only they would have WiFi covering the parks! I hope my itouch comes today!
__________________
PinkBudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #845
MM32830
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Commute between Central Florida and Maine
Posts: 564

There is free wifi at The Wide World of Sports. Also, some hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd have free wifi.

If you are a DVC member and staying on property using your DVC points, internet access is free.

I have been told (but have not confirmed it) that there is also free wifi at Disney's convention hotels.

If you are flying into MCO, there is free wifi all over the airport.



___________________
Armand
MM32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #846
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner
 
Disneybridein2k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 3,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM32830 View Post
There is free wifi at The Wide World of Sports. Also, some hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd have free wifi.

If you are a DVC member and staying on property using your DVC points, internet access is free.

I have been told (but have not confirmed it) that there is also free wifi at Disney's convention hotels.

If you are flying into MCO, there is free wifi all over the airport.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/wireless.htm
Hopefully this will help...
__________________

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #847
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now
 
PinkBudgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.California
Posts: 6,769

That's an imformative list. I won't be getting over to WDW for a few years so maybe by that time, it will all change. In the meantime, I believe DLR has wifi in the GCH and DLH lobbies. I'll have to see. Those are close enough to DLR to run over and use them during the day at the parks if they are free.
__________________
PinkBudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #848
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,945

Does anyone know a good way to search for WDW music in the ITunes store on their IPhone? I keep looking for Disney World park and resort music, but keep coming up empty.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #849
luke
Señor Mejor
 
luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 3,939

Are there any 'official' albums with Disney park music on? If not then that may be the reason

luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #850
vikingfans
Mouseketeer
 
vikingfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 412

Have you tried dis radio or mouseworld radio?
Mouseworld has their own app to download
__________________
Keep Smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to!!


Last edited by vikingfans; 10-01-2009 at 02:44 PM.
vikingfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #851
GAN
DIS Veteran
 
GAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
Posts: 1,256

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Does anyone know a good way to search for WDW music in the ITunes store on their IPhone? I keep looking for Disney World park and resort music, but keep coming up empty.
ADP...I PM'd you.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #852
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
Are there any 'official' albums with Disney park music on? If not then that may be the reason

I believe there is...Some of the gift shops at WDW sell parade music and park music on CD. I've searched for their titles, but still no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingfans View Post
Have you tried dis radio or mouseworld radio?
Mouseworld has their own app to download
Not yet, although those are good options. It's just sometimes you want to listen to a specific song and you want it in your library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
ADP...I PM'd you.
Got it! Thanks GAN! I've checked it out.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #853
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,142

Lightweight Sports Score App?

Does anyone have a lightweight sports score app? I want to be able to check scores while at a sports game. I find when I am at the ballpark or stadium that there is too much network traffic for the apps that usually use to connect and download data. I have MLB At Bat 2009 and ESPN's Sports Center app. As soon as you get a few thousand AT&T customers in one place (like at a baseball or football game) both apps go into the toilet.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #854
whodini
Mouseketeer
 
whodini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Does anyone have a lightweight sports score app? I want to be able to check scores while at a sports game. I find when I am at the ballpark or stadium that there is too much network traffic for the apps that usually use to connect and download data. I have MLB At Bat 2009 and ESPN's Sports Center app. As soon as you get a few thousand AT&T customers in one place (like at a baseball or football game) both apps go into the toilet.
Check out Sportacular. I like it a lot and you can aggregate all your favorite teams into one place regardless of sport.
whodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #855
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Check out Sportacular. I like it a lot and you can aggregate all your favorite teams into one place regardless of sport.
Does it push a lot of ads? I noticed that the ESPN app always able to push the ad, but couldn't pull up anything else. I don't want to waste a lot of bandwidth on ads ... I would even be willing to pay for something that was reliable.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
iphone



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: