Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #766
lorax123
DIS Veteran
 
lorax123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav N Becx View Post
Is good to see that O2 managed to release something before AT&T...but in an age where email (& attachments) are easily accessible over mobile devices (and lets face it MOST people do), I don't really see the advantage of MMS anymore. 4 text messages for one MMS is great if you have a bundle but can get expensive if not.

Can anyone recommend a good wait time app for WDW? Preferably free but I don't mind paying $1-$2 if it's reasonably accurate. I have 'WDW Wait Times' and will be using it for the first time in two weeks, so no idea on how accurate it will be (is based solely on feedback from other Iphone users with the app and am guessing that won't be many!).
maybe in the UK there is more mobile email access but not in the states. I know plenty of people that just have non-smart phones with no email access.

Besides it's frustrating to just not snap a pic and be able to send it somebody through MMS.
__________________




Nothing's right, nothing's wrong, nothing's good, nothing's bad.
lorax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #767
astrodrummergirl
The DLRP ads are taunting me!!!!!!
 
astrodrummergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 1,496

My iPhone seems to be playing up on me

Most of my phone calls go straight to answer phone, and texts take a lot longer to come through. Also, charged it last night and it wasn't getting past 20%. I did get it charged up in the end, had to turn it off and on again a few times :P

I don't know why its doing this, my only thought that I've been playing with cydia, and downloading themes for it, found an awesome Fallout 3 one XD

@ Luke: How did you get the WALL-E theme and the others? Theres not that good a selection on Cydia, and I've seen loads online, but no idea how to transfer them from PC to iPhone.
__________________
8 Trips to DLRP (1994, ????, ????, ????, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2012), 1 Trip to DLR (2001), 2 Trips to WDW (2007, 2008) 1 DCL Cruise (2008) 1 Trip to USH (2001) 2 Trips to USF (2007, 2008)

Owner of far too many Pins and Vinylmations
astrodrummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #768
WDWBlaze
Tech Geek by day, Disney Geek by night!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav N Becx View Post
Is good to see that O2 managed to release something before AT&T...but in an age where email (& attachments) are easily accessible over mobile devices (and lets face it MOST people do), I don't really see the advantage of MMS anymore. 4 text messages for one MMS is great if you have a bundle but can get expensive if not.
In my world most people don't have smart-phone's and of the ones that do they are so use to sending MMS that it is their default method.

For me receiving MMS directly to my phone will be the greatest part of this. The current website they have to retrieve them is horrible
__________________
86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 95, 99 - offsite
Jan 04-All-star Homes
May 05-Poly/POP
Oct 07-POP
Jan 09-ASMu
May/June 09-BWI/AKL DisneyMoon!!!!!
Oct 12 Disney Cruise on the Fantasy
May 14 Disneyland Paris
Jan 15 1st Disney Marathon!!!
WDWBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #769
danagirl
Mouseketeer
 
danagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wilsonville OR
Posts: 200

I love the toy story mania game!!!! Its really a lot of fun! My daughter loves the disney puzzle slider...plus when you get a new puzzle you can keep the picture and make it a wall paper...also love the yard sale games (hidden picture), puzzlings, sallys spa, ranch rush,doodle jump, airport mania, and you gotta have pocket god...lol...maybe i spend too much time playing games on my i phone but its sure helps when waiting in line to pick up the kid..
__________________
[COLOR="Magenta"]DanaAlexis(12) Will Jada(8)
danagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #770
luke
Señor Mejor
 
luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 3,949

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodrummergirl View Post
@ Luke: How did you get the WALL-E theme and the others? Theres not that good a selection on Cydia, and I've seen loads online, but no idea how to transfer them from PC to iPhone.
I get all my themes from cydia, including the WALL-E one. Check out what repos you have in cydia, maybe you don't have the ones with most of the themes on? The best 2 I've manually put on (ie cydia didn't have them as repos automatically) are the xsellize and hackulo.us ones.

For themes that you get on the computer that you want to put into your phone you need to soft shell into your phone. I think you get something like 'opensource' from cydia then 'WinSSH' for your computer, I could be wrong tho.

For your problems, I don't think using cydia would kill battery any more than using safari, but themes do use more battery than not running one. I'd back everything up then rejailbreak as I was having odd problems (like podcasts not deleting with a manual swipe on the iPod - they'd delete but would be back again a day later!!) on jailbroken 2.xx but since going to 3.0 seems ok, I've not bothered with 3.01 yet.

Let me know how you get on

ps this is the longest, most complicated thing I've ever posted from my iPhone

luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #771
LizAgna
DIS Veteran
 
LizAgna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,602

I have had my iPhone for 2 weeks now and I added a few apps Gmail, GPush & Zoom right after I got the phone and they have worked great. Well, tonight I download some Disney ones...Hidden Mickey's, Radio Disney and Disney's All Star Cards (I paid 4.99 for this one). The card game won't work at all and now the icons and the names of the apps are all mixed up. I have deleted and re-downloaded the card game. I have synched several times. Does anyone have suggestions of anything else I can do?
__________________
6/1991 Off-site Honeymoon - 2/2001 ASMo...DD#1's first trip - 1/2006 POP...DD#2's first trip - 6/2007 POP KOTS Surprise Birthday Trip for Our Girls!! - 2/2008 ASSp...40th Birthday Trip for Me & DH...Another Surprise for the Girls!! - 8/2008 ASSp...Quick Weekend Trip with Friends - 5/2009 CSR...Our new favorite resort!! - 11/2009 POP...Our first MVMCP!! - 9/2010 AKL...Our first MNSSHP & Free Dining!! - 3/2011 Pop...Spring Break Girl's Trip!!

DH Me DD15 DD8
LizAgna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #772
*KeepMovingForward*


DIS Veteran
 
*KeepMovingForward*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
I have had my iPhone for 2 weeks now and I added a few apps Gmail, GPush & Zoom right after I got the phone and they have worked great. Well, tonight I download some Disney ones...Hidden Mickey's, Radio Disney and Disney's All Star Cards (I paid 4.99 for this one). The card game won't work at all and now the icons and the names of the apps are all mixed up. I have deleted and re-downloaded the card game. I have synched several times. Does anyone have suggestions of anything else I can do?
Which Iphone do you have, do you have the 3GS? I ask because I looked at buying that same Disney card game the other day but when I read the description it says it does not work yet with the 3GS...so maybe that is the problem? I think it said they were working on a fix for sometime in September, so maybe you just have to wait until the update if that is your issue.
*KeepMovingForward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #773
LizAgna
DIS Veteran
 
LizAgna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Which Iphone do you have, do you have the 3GS? I ask because I looked at buying that same Disney card game the other day but when I read the description it says it does not work yet with the 3GS...so maybe that is the problem? I think it said they were working on a fix for sometime in September, so maybe you just have to wait until the update if that is your issue.
I have the 3GS. I guess I should have read about the game. That's what I get for trying to buy apps while watching college football. I deleted all 3 that I had purchased and then reloaded the Gmail, Hidden Mickey's and Radio Disney and now all of the icons and names match up. Thanks!! I'll keep a look out for when the upgrade for the card game happens.
__________________
6/1991 Off-site Honeymoon - 2/2001 ASMo...DD#1's first trip - 1/2006 POP...DD#2's first trip - 6/2007 POP KOTS Surprise Birthday Trip for Our Girls!! - 2/2008 ASSp...40th Birthday Trip for Me & DH...Another Surprise for the Girls!! - 8/2008 ASSp...Quick Weekend Trip with Friends - 5/2009 CSR...Our new favorite resort!! - 11/2009 POP...Our first MVMCP!! - 9/2010 AKL...Our first MNSSHP & Free Dining!! - 3/2011 Pop...Spring Break Girl's Trip!!

DH Me DD15 DD8
LizAgna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #774
Ctsplaysinrain
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 644

I am a new user- just got my iphone last monday and am completely in love.. But, I need an app that is simple to use but that I can make a spreadsheet on. It would be great if I can transfer from home computer to app as well ( we use windows.) What I need especially is that I have a booth at a Antique mall. I need to keep track of what items I have put there and what prices are so whn I get the inevitavle calls of a price tag has fallen off- I can look it up whever I am.
Any recommendations?
Ctsplaysinrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #775
*KeepMovingForward*


DIS Veteran
 
*KeepMovingForward*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
I have the 3GS. I guess I should have read about the game. That's what I get for trying to buy apps while watching college football. I deleted all 3 that I had purchased and then reloaded the Gmail, Hidden Mickey's and Radio Disney and now all of the icons and names match up. Thanks!! I'll keep a look out for when the upgrade for the card game happens.
No problem-I almost purchased it without seeing that myself. I'll be watching to see if they update it soon because it looks like it would be cool to have on the phone.
*KeepMovingForward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #776
vwlfan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 395

still trying to figure out an fm transmitter solution

So last week I am at an Apple Store for a class they offered about the Iphone (pretty informative btw). I ask the presenter about a viable fm transmitter for the Iphone and she pointed to a whole wall filled with fm transmitters. I ask a salesgirl about the best one and she doesn't really have a clue. A fellow standing nearby volunteered that I wait for the tom tom cradle. I was fine with that answer except I forgot to mention to him that I don't want the tom tom app, very happy with my Garmin thank you.

So I still haven't found a recommendation for an iphone fm transmitter that charges the phone, plays the ipod, answers the calls whilst plugged into the transmitter.

But, while at my doctor the other day, he volunteered that I could turn on the bluetooth in the phone and that there was a device for cars that would do all the tricks I am asking for.

Has anyone heard this "prescription" before?
vwlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #777
MM32830
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Commute between Central Florida and Maine
Posts: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post
But, while at my doctor the other day, he volunteered that I could turn on the bluetooth in the phone and that there was a device for cars that would do all the tricks I am asking for.

Has anyone heard this "prescription" before?
I had the same situation when i got my iPhone. Looked at a LOT of FM transmitters. Even tried a couple but I wasn't happy with them. You will find that you will get interference in certain locations. You can change frequencies but you'll experience the same problem in other locations.

What I ended up doing was to replace the radio! My original radio was not Bluetooth compatible. I bought a radio that is iPod/iPhone compatible and it is a great investment.

I can now listen to the iPhone while driving and if I get a telephone call it puts whatever I was listening to on pause while I answer the phone call. Once I disconnect the phone call, what I was listening to resumes.

You can find radios that are iPod compatible for about $150.00. Just a little more than a "really good" FM transmitter but it does SO much more.



__________________
Armand
MM32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #778
brattosa
Mouseketeer
 
brattosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctsplaysinrain View Post
I am a new user- just got my iphone last monday and am completely in love.. But, I need an app that is simple to use but that I can make a spreadsheet on. It would be great if I can transfer from home computer to app as well ( we use windows.) What I need especially is that I have a booth at a Antique mall. I need to keep track of what items I have put there and what prices are so whn I get the inevitavle calls of a price tag has fallen off- I can look it up whever I am.
Any recommendations?
I picked up the app called "Spreadsheet" by Softalk LTD for my iTouch and love it. The functions are almost identical to Excel. You can create a spreadsheet on your desktop and then connect to your iTouch via an open HTTP connection via the app to upload it to your handheld device. You can also e-mail spreadhsheets from your iTouch to your workstation. The application supports many, many calculating functions as well as multiple worksheets per spreadsheet. We're not only using a spreadsheet on it for a packing list but I'm also working on a template to help us track our dining expenses for our upcoming WDW trip.
__________________
May '78-Offsite • June '95-Offsite • May '97-ASM & Contemporary (Honeymoon) • Nov '98-POFQ • June '99-ASM • May '02-ASM • May '05-Pop • May '08-Pop & Contemporary • June '10-SSR • Nov '12 SSR • May '14 SSR

DVC SSR Member
brattosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #779
pjajatt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 47

Lovin' my iphone!

I got an Iphone a couple of weeks ago and love it! Went in to replace my old Palm and had no intention of getting the Iphone. Told the first salesman that I had no interest in it in fact. Long story short...the second AT&T store I went into, walked up to the counter to purchase a completely different phone and the salesman started talking about his Iphone. Well, I walked out with it and LOVE it!

The only thing I'm worried about now is I'm thinking I should have splurged and purchased the 3GS! Hmmmm....it's going to be a long time before I can update!!

I'm also interested in which Disney wait app is best?? Leaving in about 2 weeks for a visit there and can't wait!

Thanks everyone for all the tips!!!
pjajatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #780
MM32830
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Commute between Central Florida and Maine
Posts: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjajatt View Post
The only thing I'm worried about now is I'm thinking I should have splurged and purchased the 3GS! Hmmmm....it's going to be a long time before I can update!!
If you purchased your iPhone within the last 30 days, you should be able to exchange the 3G for a 3GS.

AT&T Return policy is at:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...urn-policy.jsp




____________________
Armand
MM32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
iphone



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: