Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #1591
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

My First impressions: Very impressed with the overall performance of the iPhone 5. The form factor is very different. Not bad, just different. I've had marshmallows that weigh more than this phone. Siri is fun. While she is nowhere near perfect yet, Siri is doing better than expected with my Cerebral Palsy. I have never been able to use voice recognition before. The fact that Siri understands me a little bit is very impressive. I have not played much with the camera yet, but the camera and battery will be put to the test in Florida.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #1592
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
The really strange thing, honest to goodness, I swear, is that when I synchronized my new iPhone 5 with iTunes for the first time, iTunes then started downloading every single DIS Unplugged podcast from May 25, 2012, to the beginning. It is still downloading them, one at a time.

I'm baffled. I suspect it is a server issue but for the life of me, can't understand why synching my new iPhone brought this on.
Its not the new phone Jack. I had the same thing on my current phone. I suspect somebody did some "housekeeping" on the server that resulted in all the podcasts being designated as new.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #1593
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Its not the new phone Jack. I had the same thing on my current phone. I suspect somebody did some "housekeeping" on the server that resulted in all the podcasts being designated as new.
The timing freaked me out but you are right, it does look like Corey or Dustin (or one of their minions) did some work on the RSS feed. The titles and descriptions on the newly downloaded podcasts have been revised to be more descriptive. The files appear to be identical.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #1594
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
The timing freaked me out but you are right, it does look like Corey or Dustin (or one of their minions) did some work on the RSS feed. The titles and descriptions on the newly downloaded podcasts have been revised to be more descriptive. The files appear to be identical.
Did they remove the previous Disneyland podcasts from the feed? That could have caused iTunes, etc. to rethink the status of the old ones.

One reason I never have it auto-download them
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #1595
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

I stood in line yesterday and got 2 phones the one for myself was and upgrade from the iphone 3Gs to the 5 and the one for DH was from a blackberry to a 5. A huge change for him, so happy to finally convince him how easy the iphone is to use.

I was hoping someone could point me to a website that will allow me to download Disney Ringtones. I have a few in my itunes account from a website that was recommended on the DIS back in May but I can't find it. Does anyone know what site that might be? Thanks for the help.

Edited to say that I found it, it's called phonezoo.

Last edited by RMAMom; 09-22-2012 at 03:08 PM.
RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #1596
jcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Did they remove the previous Disneyland podcasts from the feed? That could have caused iTunes, etc. to rethink the status of the old ones.

One reason I never have it auto-download them
No, the older DL Podcasts are still in the DIS Unplugged feed.

One reason I was wondering whether it might have something to do with the iPhone 5 is that I had several issues with duplication when Apple released the podcast app. A stretch, of course, but the timing was so strange.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #1597
jcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
I stood in line yesterday and got 2 phones the one for myself was and upgrade from the iphone 3Gs to the 5 and the one for DH was from a blackberry to a 5. A huge change for him, so happy to finally convince him how easy the iphone is to use.

I was hoping someone could point me to a website that will allow me to download Disney Ringtones. I have a few in my itunes account from a website that was recommended on the DIS back in May but I can't find it. Does anyone know what site that might be? Thanks for the help.
I don't know of any websites where the ringtones can be downloaded. A while back, Jeff found a website that explained how to create a ringtone from your music library.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1428
Old 09-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #1598
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know of any websites where the ringtones can be downloaded. A while back, Jeff found a website that explained how to create a ringtone from your music library.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1428

Thank you. I did a little more searching and found the thread. The website I was looking for was phonezoo. Search disney ringtones there and you will fond bunches of them!

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #1599
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

so should i buy an iphone 5 when i'm in the states?
i have a 4s

is the 5 better?

actually, instead of the iphone, i think i'll buy an ipad...
i don't have one of those yet....might be fun..
Old 09-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #1600
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
so should i buy an iphone 5 when i'm in the states?
i have a 4s

is the 5 better?

actually, instead of the iphone, i think i'll buy an ipad...
i don't have one of those yet....might be fun..
Most reports I've read say that the 5 is an improvement, but not a big one, over the 4S. Obviously the larger screen is different. But the new dock connector may be a huge disadvantage if you've already got a bunch of the old cables around.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #1601
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Most reports I've read say that the 5 is an improvement, but not a big one, over the 4S. Obviously the larger screen is different. But the new dock connector may be a huge disadvantage if you've already got a bunch of the old cables around.
the 4s is fine....it was a big improvement over the 3gs or whatever that was called....so i can stick with the 4s for a while...
i'll wait for 6
Old 09-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #1602
luke
Señor Mejor

The 4s was the biggest let down ever for me. At least as in improvement over the 4.

Especially as Siri was never fully implemented over here in the uk!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #1603
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

I picked up my 5 on Friday and am loving it. I went from the Galaxy to finally buying an iPhone. I have been holding out for the 5 and its worth every penny I paid. I love that it shares with my iPad and iPod.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #1604
CastawayJP
Proud to have introduced HydroFlask to the Dis

Is there anyone using an unlocked iPhone? What pay as you go carrier do you use?

We live overseas with the State Dept. and my AT&T locked 3g has been useless to me in Romania for 2 years. When we are back in the US for home leave and training I am going to buy an unlocked phone from Apple, but don't know what carrier to use while we are in the states.

Thanks for your help!
Past Cruises: 4/07 Wonder, 7/07 Wonder, 11/07 Wonder, 5/08 Wonder, 11/08 Magic (Western), 6/10 Wonder (5 night), 08/11 Magic (7 night Med), 2/14 Dream
CastawayJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #1605
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

A friend of mine bought her iPhone 5 for $199. She then proceeded to sell her 4S on Craigslist for $325! That paid for her phone, including tax, a case, the adapter and a little profit. Can't beat that.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: