Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #1516
vwlfan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 391

I am going to cave in on an Ipad.

I've been resisting and resisting. Kept saying the Ipad was just a big iphone (which I have) without the phone. Then I thought I'd wait until version 2 would come out, whenever that would be. But Apple has won, who knows when they will come out with that and what might be the "upgrades" that would have made me wait for it?

So I am pulling the trigger. I'll get just the wifi version because I can't see paying two 3G plans. But

Now I am wondering if I should get the 16 or the 32 version.

Any opinions are welcome!
vwlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #1517
Bell30012
DIS Veteran
 
Bell30012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Monroe, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,718

Psst, they also have a 64 GB version!
__________________
Bell30012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #1518
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!
 
Anna114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,216

If you are good about managing what's on your iPhone get the 16 if you are not or you plan on keeping a lot of video on your iPad then get the 32 IMHO
__________________
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!


Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #1519
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training
 
dmwang9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post
I've been resisting and resisting. Kept saying the Ipad was just a big iphone (which I have) without the phone. Then I thought I'd wait until version 2 would come out, whenever that would be. But Apple has won, who knows when they will come out with that and what might be the "upgrades" that would have made me wait for it?

So I am pulling the trigger. I'll get just the wifi version because I can't see paying two 3G plans. But

Now I am wondering if I should get the 16 or the 32 version.

Any opinions are welcome!
My general rule has always been to err on the side of caution and buy as much memory/storage as I can afford. It seems like every time I buy a new device, I think "there's no way I will ever fill THIS one up", and then about 6 months later, it's full. YMMV, of course.
__________________
Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #1520
vwlfan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 391

Thanks to everyone!

What about the Apple protection plan?
vwlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #1521
Bell30012
DIS Veteran
 
Bell30012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Monroe, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,718

Think of the gigabytes as closet space. However much you have you will manage to fill up. On the Apple Care, I bought a Square Trade protection plan because it covers the accidental dropping type damage.
__________________
Bell30012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #1522
jediobiwan
DIS Veteran
 
jediobiwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 548

For those with Disney gift cards, here is a nifty balance tracking app. Haven't used yet, should be buying some gift cards for PCC 2.0 Friday!
__________________
April 2008- Senior Class Trip to Disney World
June 20-27, 2009- Fiancé, brother, and sister to Disney World
December 2010- PCC 2.0 for myself & wifey's first anniversary.
July 2013- Disney World and Universal

Me Wifey
jediobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #1523
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediobiwan View Post
For those with Disney gift cards, here is a nifty balance tracking app. Haven't used yet, should be buying some gift cards for PCC 2.0 Friday!
Ugh...I need this on Android in TWO WEEKS...we've got like 10 gift cards...
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #1524
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran
 
wildernessDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,700

The DVC Planner app for iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad has just been updated to version 3.0! Those using iOS 4.0 and above will now be able to create and view vacation calendar events from within the app. There are other neat additions.
__________________

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #1525
Luv2Camp
DIS Veteran
 
Luv2Camp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 710

Transfering Video from iPhone

Is there a way to transfer the videos that I have on my iPhone to a DVD? I have some cute ones of my dogs on my phone that I don't want to lose!
__________________
Luv2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #1526
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....
 
denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Camp View Post
Is there a way to transfer the videos that I have on my iPhone to a DVD? I have some cute ones of my dogs on my phone that I don't want to lose!
Ok on the same lines as this question....

how do I transfer the pictures I have taken on my iphone to my computer? I looked at itunes while my phone was connected and it only says to sync the pics from my computer TO the phone. Nothing for the other way...any help or suggestions? (oh and my pictures are of the dog too!!!)
__________________
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #1527
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise View Post
how do I transfer the pictures I have taken on my iphone to my computer? I looked at itunes while my phone was connected and it only says to sync the pics from my computer TO the phone. Nothing for the other way...any help or suggestions? (oh and my pictures are of the dog too!!!)
It probably depends on what kind of computer you have. On the Mac, you just plug in the phone and if there are pictures on it, iPhoto automatically opens to let you download them.
__________________
OKW Lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #1528
jharrowell
Disney Phreak
 
jharrowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
It probably depends on what kind of computer you have. On the Mac, you just plug in the phone and if there are pictures on it, iPhoto automatically opens to let you download them.
You can get it to do the same under windows if you tell it to sync, or you can access the iphone as if it is a digital camera to get off the photos and video.

EDIT:

Oh, and for the person asking what iPad to get. I use a 64Gb with Wifi and 3G and one of the little metal apple bluetooth keyboards. With that combination you can do pretty much everything you need to.

I haven't touched my PC or laptop in about 2 weeks!
__________________
Two last minute flights to Orlando, £676.00.
Two tickets to the NASA causeway, $400.00.
Watching a shuttle launch live? Priceless




Follow my twitters for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at:
http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen

Last edited by jharrowell; 11-29-2010 at 05:34 PM.
jharrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #1529
Bell30012
DIS Veteran
 
Bell30012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Monroe, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrowell View Post
Oh, and for the person asking what iPad to get. I use a 64Gb with Wifi and 3G and one of the little metal apple bluetooth keyboards. With that combination you can do pretty much everything you need to.
What she said!!!
__________________
Bell30012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #1530
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....
 
denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrowell View Post
You can get it to do the same under windows if you tell it to sync, or you can access the iphone as if it is a digital camera to get off the photos and video.

EDIT:

Oh, and for the person asking what iPad to get. I use a 64Gb with Wifi and 3G and one of the little metal apple bluetooth keyboards. With that combination you can do pretty much everything you need to.

I haven't touched my PC or laptop in about 2 weeks!
thanks got it I would always just x out of that...da...It also downloaded my videos....too cool...
thanks again!
__________________
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: Wonder: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise, The First Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015, Wonder: Hawaii to Vancouver Sept 17, 2015 and maybe Vancouver to San Diego if the powers that be allow it!
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
iphone



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: