Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
poohbearluver
Someday I'll be part of your world

A Kid's Eye View Of Disney - January 2009 Trip Report

everybody! This is my first attempt at a trip report, so prepare for greatness. (My dad made me put that!)

Let me introduce you to the cast:

Me – 10 years old:

I’m Grace, the one writing this trip report. I am a huge fan of Winnie the Pooh. I love almost anything to do with him. I collect pins, and my favorite park is Epcot.

My Brother – 12 almost 13 years old:

This is my brother. He also collects pins. He has almost all of the Mickey Head World Showcase pins, except for Mexico and Morocco. He doesn’t have a favorite ride, but loves going to WDW, and likes the drive down a lot too. He also does Yugioh Cards. He will be referred to as DB, even though dear is not quite the word I would use.

Mom and Dad – both are 39:

My parents are big WDW fans. My dad went when he was a little kid. They really like Toy Story Midway Mania. They forced me to ride new rides this trip, and I’m thankful they did.

One big Disney family!

We drove to WDW and stayed from January 24th until January 31st. Here’s the first day.

Today was the big day! My parents were probably up long before, but DB and I were woken up at 5:00 am. We had already packed everything into the van last night, so we just gathered our extras and breakfast, and we were off at 5:30! We had made breakfast the other day, so we just heated up our turkey sausage and egg biscuits, and we were off! I had a caprisun, and everyone else had either water or milk. It’s 32 F. We keep driving, but stop at 6:30 to go to the bathroom at a gross 7 Eleven. My mom had to “fix” the DVD player, by pressing the on switch. We watched Star Wars I, and then started Princess Diaries 2. We stopped at 10:45 to get drinks, and ate our lunch on the road at 10:55. On the way to Savannah, we drove over this bridge. I'm not a bridge person.

We had packed chips, and sandwiches. Delicious lunch, and at 1:25, we had made it to Savannah, Georgia.

We walked into some Welcome Center, which was just a place where they sell these tram tours of all the sites. We went to the bathroom, and were back into our van. My parents were on a quest to find Paula Dean’s restaurant, The Lady and Sons. Well, we drove through the crowded, small streets of Savannah, and eventually, found it and got a picture of the sign.

So much for stopping in a hotel there. Way to busy for my taste. So we decided to stop at a hotel once we were out of Jacksonville, Florida. It’s about 2:30, still making our way to Jacksonville, when we see a GOAT by the street! It was awesome. At about 3:00, it’s 70 F. Anyway, we’re exhausted, and just wanna get out of the car. Finally, at 4:30, we pull into a Courtyard by Marriot right by the road. Angels start coming down, gold light fills the air. “HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!”
We check in to this (quite empty) hotel, and head to our room. I loved the room. The one bad thing was, this polka dot chair was the itchiest thing on earth. Anyways, I of course, jumped into my bathing suit and said let’s go to the pool. Well, the pool could’ve been frozen for all we know. The water was ICE cold. The hot tub was the next best thing. We took a nice 10 or so minutes in there, dried off, and went back over to our room, which was conveniently close. We decided to go to the Chili’s across the street for dinner, and then go to the grocery store near that to get fruit for breakfast tomorrow. At Chili’s, for an appetizer we got Kickin Jack Nachos, DELISH! DB and I got gigantic burgers. I forget what they’re called, but they’re on the adult menu. I’m quite impressive, I know.

At the grocery store, halfway through shopping my stomach hurt. Like really badly. I got all scared, because a stomach virus had been going around. All we heard at the parks was, “Don’t touch the handrails.” from my parents. Back to the grocery store, I got a banana, DB got grapes, and I think my parents got apples. We also had some cereal packets at home we were gonna eat. Back to the hotel, shower, getting into pajamas, watch Disney Channel. Good night Florida! The plan for tomorrow was wake up, do the 2 hr. drive to WDW, check in at the WL and hope our room’s ready, Epcot here we come!

Sorry for the lack of pictures! I promise there'll be more in Day 2!
Day 2 coming soon!

grace
tumblr
Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait to see the pictures of WL because i'm staying there in May! I love that place!
Did your brother participate in Apple Camp? I recognize the shirt in the car photo!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
poohbearluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Great start! Can't wait to see the pictures of WL because i'm staying there in May! I love that place!
Did your brother participate in Apple Camp? I recognize the shirt in the car photo!
Yay! My first post! Thanks! WL is our 2nd (and probably favorite) home!

Yes, we both did Apple camp. DB did Garageband and Movie, and I just did Movie. It was really fun.

grace
tumblr
Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
debdebdebby13
Mouseketeer

nice TR, I'll be keeping up!
October 2012- POP with free dining
Old 02-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
poohbearluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdebdebby13 View Post
nice TR, I'll be keeping up!
Thanks! I'm not much of a writer, but I tried!

grace
tumblr
Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
Tinkmom75
Mouseketeer

Great job!! I wish my 10 year old son could write as good as you. He doesn't like to write, but maybe I can get him to do a trip report after our trip in November

Old 02-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
mommyofknl
Earning My Ears

Great job! You're a really good writer! You don't even sound like a ten year old! I can't wait to read the rest!

Me:Steph DH:Jeremy
DD4:Kayeleigh DD2:Alekseigharincess: Sparkle
Old 02-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
mommyofknl
Earning My Ears

Sorry I accidentally posted twice!

Me:Steph DH:Jeremy
DD4:Kayeleigh DD2:Alekseigharincess: Sparkle

Last edited by mommyofknl; 02-24-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: double post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #9
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait to hear more!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #10
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Yeah! I woke up this morning to find you started your trip report! I'm make sure to have Lauren read it too when she gets home from school. (And now I know she's really going to bug me to allow her to have her own DISboards account! )

You and your family are so cute - I look forward to reading more about your trip. And I don't think I knew you stayed at WL - we loved that place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearluver View Post
Thanks! I'm not much of a writer, but I tried!
Yes you are! First installment - very funny! Loved the "mom fixing the DVD player" comment!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #11
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi PoohBearLovr, I've seen you post on Cammie's PTR, so I thought I'd check in on yours! You are a terrific writer - I'm looking forward to reading your report!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #12
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Hi Grace! Great start!!! I, too, loved the way your mom "fixed" the DVD player!

We love Savannah soooooo much! So I was glad to see it in your report. And since we live in Jacksonville, glad to see that, too! Keep up the good work!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Hi Grace Cammie sent me over to read your trip report great start. I don't like that bridge either very scary looking. We are going to try to drive down in Sept. and plan on stopping in Paula Deen's for Lunch.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
poohbearluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobewed07 View Post
Hi Grace Cammie sent me over to read your trip report great start. I don't like that bridge either very scary looking. We are going to try to drive down in Sept. and plan on stopping in Paula Deen's for Lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Hi Grace! Great start!!! I, too, loved the way your mom "fixed" the DVD player!

We love Savannah soooooo much! So I was glad to see it in your report. And since we live in Jacksonville, glad to see that, too! Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi PoohBearLovr, I've seen you post on Cammie's PTR, so I thought I'd check in on yours! You are a terrific writer - I'm looking forward to reading your report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Yeah! I woke up this morning to find you started your trip report! I'm make sure to have Lauren read it too when she gets home from school. (And now I know she's really going to bug me to allow her to have her own DISboards account! )

You and your family are so cute - I look forward to reading more about your trip. And I don't think I knew you stayed at WL - we loved that place!

Yes you are! First installment - very funny! Loved the "mom fixing the DVD player" comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Great start! Can't wait to hear more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofknl View Post
Great job! You're a really good writer! You don't even sound like a ten year old! I can't wait to read the rest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkmom75 View Post
Great job!! I wish my 10 year old son could write as good as you. He doesn't like to write, but maybe I can get him to do a trip report after our trip in November
Wow! Tons of replies! Thanks everybody! I'm working on Day Two, should be up pretty soon!

Yea, my mom is like, Einstein. DVD Player genius!!!

grace
tumblr
Old 02-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #15
poohbearluver

After a good night’s sleep in the Sunshine State, it was time to get back on the road and to my happy place! We were conscious at about 7:00, changed, showered and flew to our vehicle. Munching on fruit and cereal, at 8:00 we were back on 95. So far so good. 9:30, the outskirts of Orlando! A palm tree jungle! We’re in Florida now, baby! DVD player still going strong, we watch Garfield and a bit of Over the Hedge. 10:00 am, 3 MILES FROM THE WORLD! I’m excited from head to toe!

Into the most magical gate ever:

Into the second most magical gate ever:

Then, BOOM.

We get our parking windshield thing. We find the perfect parking spot. And then, we enter our 2nd home – The Wilderness Lodge. We are welcomed home by a CM, and I am the first one to enter. Honey! I’m home!!! See, this is our home resort, (even though we’ve only stayed at two) we tried the Beach Club, it was pretty good, I LOVED the pool, and the mugs were cute, but the WL is home. So for the fourth time, I entered my gigantic home. Check in time baby! My parents headed over to the check-in, and of course, DB and I headed over to the pin station.Browsing pins, lounging in the awesome chairs, then my parents walk over. Our room isn’t ready! Oh well, expected. Off to Epcot we go! Conveniently, a bus for Epcot came just a few minutes after we showed up!

Oh boy! Our first park! It’s very crowded. We grabbed a Test Track FP at about 11:15, and since lines were insanely long for everything else, we rode Mission Space, easy version!

We made it to Mars, and mysteriously walked out back onto Earth. That is a fast spaceship. Anyways, off to my favorite part of Epcot, World Showcase! On the way over, we met Alice, and Mari!

Hola, Mexico! Time to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour! (I think that’s what it’s called.)

Isn’t that picture of Donald singing, like, perfect? Back to World Showcase, we went to Norway next! We had to try some School bread. We walked into the bakery, grabbed some school bread, and this thing called Lefse. School bread was SO delicious, lefse was okay, DB liked it.

I love DB's face in this.

Now China, we had some pot stickers and orange chicken, very delicious, then checked out the “terracotta army”, which we studied in school.

Done with China, next Germany! I had to get a big pretzel here!

Delicious! I loved it! We stopped to watch the Fife and Drum Core for a bit while I finished my pretzel. Browsed the shops in Japan, skipped Morocco, France, UK, and Canada, and boom! We were out of there. We cashed our FP’s for Test Track, one of my favorite rides. (Note, my favorite ride will change by the end of this TR.)

On the way out, we rode Spaceship Earth. Let me just say that I love the new changes they made to Spaceship Earth! It's so fun making a funny face for your future! Here's my parent's future:

And we were outta there! Back to the resort! Our room was ready! We had a nice ground floor room , as close as you can get to the boat dock, and a good short distance to the pool and Roarin Forks! Then we of course, hopped in the pool! We relaxed, and got ready for a night at Magic Kingdom!

grace
tumblr

Last edited by poohbearluver; 02-26-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: