Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #91
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Awww yes the dreded last day always so sad

Sounds like you have a good plan though We love Nemo also and try to see it every year if we can . I'm not much of a thrill rider either so I can symphasize with you there , I also suffer from motion sickness
The roller coasters give me terrible headaches. Thankfully they don't bother my stomach but my head will hurt for hours. Now those awful teacups at the MK they leaving me feeling like I can't even stand up!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #92
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Warning Proud Mom Post :)

Not really trip related....but this is Disney related. I wanted to share just how proud I am of my DD. Caitlin has been enjoying reading all the "Make a Wish" trip reports so she decided she needed to get involved with the Disboutiquer's "Big Give". As non-sewers we can't make clothing so she decided to send "extra pixie dust". So yesterday she found out the first family she could send gifts to and we headed to Target to find some gifts. As luck would have it we stumbled upon 75% off Easter and our stores (we hit 3) were loaded with Disney stuff! We had so much fun picking out things for the children! We already have gifts for 2 families ready to be mailed and our closet is filled with future gifts. It really added magic to our day to be doing this and I am so proud at what a compassionate person she has turned out to be. She was just elected Vice-Pres. of Philanthropy for her University's Student/Alumni Org and has a lot of great ideas to raise funds for various groups! This from a child whom others warned me would be a selfish narcissist if I didn't give her siblings! Anyway, I am really proud of her and I'm excited she's chosen to be a part of the "Big Give".
In other news.....this is the year of "Celebrations" at WDW and we have something new to celebrate! We will be picking up a "personal accomplishment" button because Caitlin has made the Dean's List 2 semesters in a row!!!! She has spent her entire first year of college on the Dean's List! Her dad and I are so proud of the effort she has put in and her near perfect attendance!

****Proud Mom Post is now complete! Thank you for humoring this proud momma!!*****
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #93
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Love the Proud Mom post Your DD sounds like a very accomplished young woman With all the things you listed you have every reason to be proud of her

I never heard of the Bid Give but sounds like a wonderful program to participate in . Anything where you get to buy Disney stuff sounds awesome to me
Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #94
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the Proud Mom post Your DD sounds like a very accomplished young woman With all the things you listed you have every reason to be proud of her
Thank you!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #95
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I never heard of the Bid Give but sounds like a wonderful program to participate in . Anything where you get to buy Disney stuff sounds awesome to me
About the Big Give

I am sort of addicted to reading Make a Wish trip reports it touches my heart to read about these families and their struggles. I am just amazed by the strength of the children and their parents. Their stories are inspiring and makes you realize how lucky you are for the ability to just walk or breath without an oxygen tank. It helps me to not take for granted anything in my life.
Every trip report I read has had the Big Give in it at some point. I looked into it and the Big Give was started by DIS boutiquers and they would make outfits to send to the MAW families. Now they have opened up the Big Give to anyone who wants to spread Pixie Dust around the country 365 days a year. I signed up knowing how the Big Give makes the MAW families feel from the pictures they post with their presents.
Now although I can't sew or make anything I can still help by sending little Disney presents to the families. I feel so lucky to be able to help out and it is very rewarding for the simple fact that it will bring smiles to the faces of the MAW family members.
It makes me sort of feel like a fairy godmother in training

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 04-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #96
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
About the Big Give

I am sort of addicted to reading Make a Wish trip reports it touches my heart to read about these families and their struggles. I am just amazed by the strength of the children and their parents. Their stories are inspiring and makes you realize how lucky you are for the ability to just walk or breath without an oxygen tank. It helps me to not take for granted anything in my life.
Every trip report I read has had the Big Give in it at some point. I looked into it and the Big Give was started by DIS boutiquers and they would make outfits to send to the MAW families. Now they have opened up the Big Give to anyone who wants to spread Pixie Dust around the country 365 days a year. I signed up knowing how the Big Give makes the MAW families feel from the pictures they post with their presents.
Now although I can't sew or make anything I can still help by sending little Disney presents to the families. I feel so lucky to be able to help out and it is very rewarding for the simple fact that it will bring smiles to the faces of the MAW family members.
It makes me sort of feel like a fairy godmother in training
Thanks for the information on the Big Give , it sounds like such a wonderful program Kudos to you for getting involved , it sounds like something that is really rewarding for you and the families
Old 04-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #97
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the Dean's List Caitlin! That takes a lot of hard work!! And that's great that you have gotten involved with the Big Give - I've read some MAW TRs and heard about the Big Give through those. Sounds like a lot of fun to be able to participate.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #98
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the information on the Big Give , it sounds like such a wonderful program Kudos to you for getting involved , it sounds like something that is really rewarding for you and the families
Thanks and no problem I didn't know what it was at first either
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Congratulations on the Dean's List Caitlin! That takes a lot of hard work!! And that's great that you have gotten involved with the Big Give - I've read some MAW TRs and heard about the Big Give through those. Sounds like a lot of fun to be able to participate.
Thanks a lot yeah it's been quite the year I am so ready for my vacation!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #99
MEK
DIS Veteran

Caitlin -

Congratulations on Dean's List and participating in the Big Give. I love the idea of going to Target and getting the Disney clothes. That will really bring a smile to a few kids' faces!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #100
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Caitlin -

Congratulations on Dean's List and participating in the Big Give. I love the idea of going to Target and getting the Disney clothes. That will really bring a smile to a few kids' faces!
Thank you

Yeah since I feel silly buying Disney stuff for myself this let's me buy all the cool toys for a good reason

Old 04-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #101
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

subbing! i love that you guys are doing a tag team effort for the trip report! if I could get my mom to learn how to use a computer she might enjoy it too..haha!

If you can, try to check out the pirate tutorial by pirates! There's a few Jack Sparrows that are just FABULOUS! It's always one of the first things I check out every day.

How was the surf lesson that you did on your previous trip? I've always heard about it and it seems awesome!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #102
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
subbing! i love that you guys are doing a tag team effort for the trip report! if I could get my mom to learn how to use a computer she might enjoy it too..haha!

If you can, try to check out the pirate tutorial by pirates! There's a few Jack Sparrows that are just FABULOUS! It's always one of the first things I check out every day.

How was the surf lesson that you did on your previous trip? I've always heard about it and it seems awesome!
We have done the Pirate tutorial and I loved it!

We showed up a little late and my dad had been talking to a CM about how excited I was to see Captain Jack and when I walked over a Dream CM moved me to the front row in front of the people who had been waiting I ended up getting the certificate and our Jack Sparrow was gorgeous

I might get tarred and feathered for this but he was definitely better looking than Johnny Dep

I also go to meet Jack Sparrow when we went to the Pirate and Princess party. It was amazing and the CM said she had never seen anyone as excited as I was

The surf lesson is awesome and definitely two big

I have always wanted to learn how to surf and in Michigan there really isn't a way to learn how to unless you want to surf in freezing water

Anywho I really liked the teachers and although it is a lot harder than it looks I could stand on the board for a few seconds before falling off at the end

If you ever had any interest in surfing I would suggest doing it because this way the waves are controlled by a machine (there is one big wave and one little wave) and with the temperature controlled water it gives you a nice landing spot after you fall off haha

Just a little tip
Bring someone to carry your board for you because that thing gets heavy after a few trips out

Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #103
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=disneygirlinnj;31434333]subbing! i love that you guys are doing a tag team effort for the trip report! if I could get my mom to learn how to use a computer she might enjoy it too..haha!

[QUOTE]
Hi there and welcome! Glad you joined us! We love Jack Sparrow too! The one at the Pirate/Princess Party was absolutely gorgeous and totally in character! Caitlin was positively giddy after we met him last year! We walked out and she said her trip was complete and we could go home. It was our second night!We decided since we were there we might as well finish the vacation. Afterall we still had grad nite and the surf lesson. We will be sure to stop by and see him and we'll give him your regards

Last edited by dawnbu40; 04-21-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #104
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

So when we get back from our trip I have decided to do my own dining report

I am actually really excited about doing one which lets me know how much of a DISdork I am

So I thought I would ask here what kind of snacks at WDW do I have to try?

I know the basics:
Schoolbread
Tinkerbell slushie
Dole Whip

updated list with the new items I was reminded about
Goofy's Candy Co. candy bag
Make your own rice krispie treat
Popcorn
Funnel Cake
Shaved ice from Japan
Turkey leg
mickey ice cream sandwich
churro
hot dog
stuffed soft pretzel
frozen soda slushies
kitchen sink

But are there any others that are cannot be missed worthy?

I would really appreciate the help!

Last edited by PrincessCaitlin; 04-21-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #105
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

That's so exciting that your gonna do a dinning report when you get back

Only snacks I could think of would be the pretzel rods, rice krispie treats , marshmallows etc. from Goofy's Candy Company . I myself like the traditional the popcorn and a funnel cake from Liberty Square, those are two snacks I never go without getting when I'm at WDW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: