Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #376
MEK
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the photopass pictures. They are awesome! Caitlin looks so cute in every picture. You're right .....the characters are all flirting with her. She will be fine while you are gone. It's probably good for you to get over this hump of leaving her alone. She's just gonna go crazy that she's not there with you!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #377
thecapells
Disney Dad

Great news about the extra day!
We did something similar adding an extra day due to a much cheaper flight which worked out saving us money!
Too bad you're heading down before us this time or else we could've met up again!
You could've seen the whole family and we could've grabbed a bite to eat.
Oh well, yet another excuse for another trip!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #378
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

the photopass pics came out fabulous! you guys are all so cute together!

and congrats on le cellier I saw a bunch open up too and was hoping everyone could snag one!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #379
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I LOVE the photopass pictures. They are awesome! Caitlin looks so cute in every picture. You're right .....the characters are all flirting with her. She will be fine while you are gone. It's probably good for you to get over this hump of leaving her alone. She's just gonna go crazy that she's not there with you!
Thank you! I know she'll be fine and I really won't be worrying about her just thinking about her And yes it is driving her crazy that she isn't coming along! She is the "foodie" in the family and since I'm such a picky eater she feels the F&W Fest is being wasted on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Great news about the extra day!
We did something similar adding an extra day due to a much cheaper flight which worked out saving us money!
Too bad you're heading down before us this time or else we could've met up again!
You could've seen the whole family and we could've grabbed a bite to eat.
Oh well, yet another excuse for another trip!!
I was excited to get another night for 42$. Getting an extra night AND saving money would have been awesome! It is too bad we won't be there at the same time! We would have loved to meet your wife and adorable children!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
the photopass pics came out fabulous! you guys are all so cute together!

and congrats on le cellier I saw a bunch open up too and was hoping everyone could snag one!
Well thank you but there were a lot of bad pics too...of course I didn't post those All the LeCellier openings were great! I'm really glad so many Dissers got them! I'm still checking on Ohana every day but no luck.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #380
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Glad to see that you got a much wanted ressie for Le Cellier in September ! Congrats on being able to add another day to your trip also ! The Photo pass pictures are great , I especially love the magic shots . We got several of these on our trip too but I wish I would have know about the balloon one it's so cute ! Can't wait to see more !
Old 07-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #381
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile Very nice!

Very nice Photopass pics!! I think Photopass CMs do a fairly good job.

I've never seen the balloons before; that would have been cute with my niece. Is it new?

Congrats on the extra day! I love it when plans come together.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #382
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Glad to see that you got a much wanted ressie for Le Cellier in September ! Congrats on being able to add another day to your trip also ! The Photo pass pictures are great , I especially love the magic shots . We got several of these on our trip too but I wish I would have know about the balloon one it's so cute ! Can't wait to see more !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Very nice Photopass pics!! I think Photopass CMs do a fairly good job.

I've never seen the balloons before; that would have been cute with my niece. Is it new?

Congrats on the extra day! I love it when plans come together.

Thank you both for the congrats on the extra day. I am pretty excited about it and 2 months from today I'll be at the F&W Fest at Epcot Can't wait!

I think the balloon pic was brand new when we there in honor of the movie UP. Since you both were there right before us you probably just missed it.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #383
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thank you! I know she'll be fine and I really won't be worrying about her just thinking about her And yes it is driving her crazy that she isn't coming along! She is the "foodie" in the family and since I'm such a picky eater she feels the F&W Fest is being wasted on me

[/SIZE]
Poor Caitlin. Not only is she missing F&W Fest, but she knows her picky mom is going to be passing on some of that yummy food! Double torture!

to Caitlin for having to endure such torture!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #384
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Thank you both for the congrats on the extra day. I am pretty excited about it and 2 months from today I'll be at the F&W Fest at Epcot Can't wait!

I think the balloon pic was brand new when we there in honor of the movie UP. Since you both were there right before us you probably just missed it.
Ahhh! That's totally it! I didn't even think of that.

It's super cute on Caitlin though!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #385
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Your photopass pictures are really nice. I love the ballons. You got some great news on your upcoming trip, congratulations. Yay for an extra day!

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #386
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Your photopass pictures are really nice. I love the ballons. You got some great news on your upcoming trip, congratulations. Yay for an extra day!
Thank you! The balloons seem to be everyone's favorite! We usually take a flight out and head to the park as soon as we get to WDW. It will be so nice to have a travel day where we don't have to get up early and then worry at ME if we'll make it on time to our adrs! A relaxing travel day will be a nice change!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #387
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Ok here it is...the final installment about our last afternoon/evening. I think I've been putting off writing this because it was the WORST time of our entire trip!

When I left off we were just finishing lunch at the Contempo Cafe and trying to decide where to go next. We'd ridden everything and seen all we wanted to see so I asked if anyone had anything they wanted to go back for. Dale said he'd seen some vintage ride posters that he really liked but the shop at MK was out. The only other place that had them was DHS so thats where we headed. Since it was EMH at MK we thought we'd hop back later and catch Spectro and Wishes. Remember that....we thought....

( I can't find his pic of it but its those posters you pass in the tunnel as you enter MK)

We took a bus from MK to TTC then to DHS and went straight to the Animation Building. We get there only to be told their system is down and all the posters are in the computer They can't just look for what he wants. So we came all the way over for nothing? Since we were there we thought we might as well check out our favorite ride. Yes we were off to try for our 9th ride on TSM. When we got there it was a 75 minute wait!! and they were out of fast passes. I don't think any ride is worth waiting in line for over an hour so that was out. We weren't sure what we wanted to do next so we decided to grab a drink and think about it.

We stopped at

and Dale had the Red Hero and Caitlin had the frozen Fireball. I went with my ever predictable Coke

As we enjoyed our drinks we realized it was nearing time for the parade so we thought we'd try and get a spot to watch it even though we'd seen it on previous trips.
W didn't get a great spot since we were arriving as it was beginning but here are a few pics anyway

After the parade we went over to visit Walt at One Man's Dream. I love all the history in that building! My parents were fans of the Original Micky Mouse Club (my DF was in with Annette) and I grew up watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights, seeing all the movies and of course going to WDW so the tribute to Walt is a great pleasure!

When the movie ended we decided it was time to go back to MK. We hopped on the bus to TTC and decided we'd take the boat over to MK. You know we loved our boat rides! Well I have to stop here but I must warn you it goes downhill very fast from here

Old 07-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #388
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Ok we're back in from the pool so I can finish up our last day now. When I left off we were waiting for the boat to arrive to carry us over to the MK...

As we were waiting I began to notice the sky darkening and the wind starting to pick up. We'd had beautiful blue skies and sunshine all week so this was a noticeable change! Finally the General Potter arrived..

We boarded and stayed on the main level since it looked like it might rain. Dale wandered around taking pictures and started up a conversation with the boat driver. He told Dale that a TROPICAL STORM was headed toward WDW and it was supposed to bring with it rain and 60 MPH winds Yeah the idea of that freaked me out just a bit!
(Some pics from our boat ride notice the waves and gray sky)

(lightning kept flashing over SM but Dale couldn't catch it in his pics)

Anyway, they said it wasn't supposed to hit for about another hour or two so we decided we'd use our Buzz FP and then catch a bus back to the resort. I was really disappointed because I so wanted Spectro and Wishes our last night!

As we headed into the park I realized I was really hungry and I needed some of that extra special MK popcorn Caitlin and I headed toward the nearest cart and got in line. We were behind this woman and her 3 kids and they were fighting about how many to buy and what pop etc. It seemed to take forever! While we were waiting more folks got in line behind us. Finally it's our turn and she says, "sorry I'm closed because a storm is coming". UGH! We'd been waiting patiently and watching her eat handfuls of popcorn while she waited on everyone and now we couldn't get any! My un-magical last day was starting to get to me! I explained as nicely as I could without growling at her, that we'd been waiting and we'd appreciate being served. (I was much nicer then the woman behind me who was close to having a melt down) So the CM relents and says she'll wait on us but cash only. No credit cards or KTTW cards. That's when I realize Dale has all the cash but he's wandered off! After all that, we walked away empty handed!

As all this was happening it was beginning to rain and getting VERY windy! We found Dale and he bought me a popcorn and coke on our way to Buzz so I was a little happier.

We used our FP to walk on Buzz and when we came out it was pouring! We ran over to the Carousel of Progress and walked on the ride. We sat down and I enjoyed my snack. Yes, I know you aren't supposed to eat in there but I was having a bad day so.... During the show it of course broke down and was delayed but after a bit it started back up and we were able to finish. When we got out the rained had slowed to a light sprinkling.

As we walked through Tomorrowland we caught the end of the Stitch show. I know this has already been cancelled because people hated it but it didn't look that bad to me and I was in a bad mood

Since we thought it might be clearing up we decided to hit more rides. The park was emptyng out so we walked right on POTC. After our voyage we thought we'd visit the Haunted Mansion and our way over we ran into this guy...

Yep..old Donald was hitting on Caitlin again

This one is my favorite of all our PP pics...

They were so cute to watch that my mood lifted and I was feeling much better! Little did I know... it wouldn't last!
After we said goodbye to Donald we walked right into the Haunted Mansion and rode without any problems.

When we got out it was getting very windy and we decided we should leave the park. We headed to the bus stop and decided to take a bus to AKL and have dinner at the Mara so Caitlin could try a Zebra Dome.

We got in line behind a family with 2 young boys who were probably 5 & 7? I'm looking at the boys and notice one is "holding" himself. I see him whisper something to his mom who is holding 2 cups with lids. Do you see where this is going...I sure didn't...I was shocked at what came next! Next thing I know the boy is dropping his shorts and yes, peeing in the cup! I was shocked and so was his dad! His dad was really mad when he saw what had happened and yelled at mom. Dale and I were kind of stunned by the whole thing but Caitlin well she was oblivious to it. She had been texting and was fortunate enough to have missed the whole thing! The bus finally pulled up and suddenly it was pouring and thundering and lightning! We boarded the bus and moved all the way to the back. Just as we're about to pull away a middle school group runs up and gets on the bus. There must have been 20 or more loud, unruly 12 year olds! Their leaders looked exhausted and just ignored how loud they were being. Then this kid next to us starts making these obnoxious sounds. This of course makes the other boys laugh and so it encourages him to get louder and more annoying.... So we're on this overcrowded bus, in a big storm with this obnoxious brat So I am not proud to say it...but I'd had enough....and I had to speak up! I told the boy he was too loud and the noises weren't necessary. Then I gave him "the look". You moms know, "the look". ( I used to substitute teach and I perfected "the look" subbing) Well I caught him off guard and he stopped! I felt so much better having a little quiet! HOWEVER it didn't last. He started right back up and this time he gave me his "smug look" as he did it. At this point I think Dale feared I'd go postal Instead I just suffered through since we were almost to AKL. ( I must say if I were that chaperone I would have been embarassed and done something) So the bus stops and I think I ran off it! We walked into the lodge and discovered... it was Kidani. We'd gotten off at the wrong stop! So then we had to stand outside, in the rain, while we waited for another bus

At long last one came and we went to AKL. So we find the Mara and guess who's there?! Yep my friend from the bus and his whole school group So Dale and Caitlin got dinner and I got some celery and carrots and found a table far away from the school kids. Dale ordered the stew because I'd read on the boards it's an AKL specialty and Caitlin got a flatbread with Zebra Domes for dessert. Since the weather was bad the place was packed and it took forever to get their orders! At last it came and wouldn't you know...they hated it! After that miserable bus ride over they hated the food!! UGH I was so frustrated! This whole last day had not been at all what I had in mind!

When they finished eating we caught the bus to DTD. We thought since it had stopped raining we'd shop and then take a bus back to POFQ. So we get to DTD and it is POURING! We decide to skip shopping and just go back to the hotel. Well wouldn't ya know the bus stop was packed and we were forced to stand in the rain and wait! By this time we were soaked and everyone there was in a less than magical mood. When it arrived there was a lot of pushing and shoving to board. We had to stand but we got on and finally made it back to POFQ!

So that my friends is the story of our last day. Not the perfect ending to our perfect vacation but it was memorable

Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #389
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Awwww...I'm sorry your last day wasn't the greatest, but the Photopass pics are super cute!

You did get alot done in the middle of a tropical storm though!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #390
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Awwww...I'm sorry your last day wasn't the greatest, but the Photopass pics are super cute!

You did get alot done in the middle of a tropical storm though!
Thank you! I was very pleased with how the photopass pics came out! The ones Dale took of Caitlin and Frontier Donald didn't turn out since it was dark and rainy so I was glad we had the PP ones! The last day wasn't great but we were still at Disney and still had a wonderful trip! The funny thing is we all love it so much we tend to forget about the less than magical moments. Dale read my last posting and said he had already forgotten about all the unpleasantness of our last day and he laughed reading about it so it's all good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: