Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #361
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update ! How special that you got to ride the trolley down mainstreet , we've never done this either . The shop window pictures from your ride are also great . The pictures with the Fairies & the Pooh playground are too cute . I saw your sandwiches on Catlin's DR and they looked delicious , I especially liked that your DH's had Apple butter on it , I love Apple butter and want to try this next time we go . Can't wait for your next update
Old 07-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #362
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great updates! How did I miss them? Well, at least I know now that I will definately be having the crab cakes as an appetizer at Narcoosee's. Your meals looked delish.

I can't believe you guys rode TSM 8 times!!!!!!! Wow - I feel lucky I got to ride it once. You really did go at a great time. I have to check the beginning of your TR - this was the beginning of May, right? That is when I want to go next spring. I really want to see the F&G festival and my bday is May 7th, so its perfect timing.

p.s. saw Riley's picture - adorable!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #363
lookingforward
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your report! I think its very cool that you want to go into broadcasting. I (many, many moons ago) got my broadcast journalism degree from Emerson COllege and was a reporter for about six years. LOVED IT! I wish you all the best with your career and the mutual obsession we all share....DISNEY!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #364
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Hey!! I'm all caught up!! Riley is so cute!!!!!

I can not wait to try Narcoossees!!!! Can't wait.

Aww the dreaded last day, so sad. Looks like you guys made the best of it though!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #365
thecapells
Disney Dad

MK Day sounds like a nice, relaxing day - trolley rides, strolling through Pooh's Playground, etc.
Nice job being first in line for the fairies - I know those lines are horrible.
But the trolley ride is something we've never done - where on Main St. does it board?
That might be something we try next time around...
Old 07-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #366
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Great update ! How special that you got to ride the trolley down mainstreet , we've never done this either . The shop window pictures from your ride are also great . The pictures with the Fairies & the Pooh playground are too cute . I saw your sandwiches on Catlin's DR and they looked delicious , I especially liked that your DH's had Apple butter on it , I love Apple butter and want to try this next time we go . Can't wait for your next update
I think the trolley is one of those things most people rush right by on their way to the "big attractions" but it was a great way to start the day and I'm so glad we took the time to do it! Dale did enjoy that sandwich with the apple slices and apple butter! We thought the Contempo Cafe was a nice change from your typical counter service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great updates! How did I miss them? Well, at least I know now that I will definately be having the crab cakes as an appetizer at Narcoosee's. Your meals looked delish.

I can't believe you guys rode TSM 8 times!!!!!!! Wow - I feel lucky I got to ride it once. You really did go at a great time. I have to check the beginning of your TR - this was the beginning of May, right? That is when I want to go next spring. I really want to see the F&G festival and my bday is May 7th, so its perfect timing.

p.s. saw Riley's picture - adorable!
Narcossee's was wonderful and we plan to have those crab cakes again in Sept! Yes 8 times! We became Toy Story Maniacs! Caitlin and I had ridden in Dec and knew Dale would love it since he always loved Buzz and TSM is so much better! Riding 8xs wasn't in my "plan" but you know one of the nice things about frequent visits is you don't feel the need to do everything. It allows for some spontaneity. We were there May6-13 and I thought that was a great time. It was hot but we were told that was unusual and the crowds and waits were minimal. We normally go a week or two after Easter and this was slower than that time! So your birthday would be perfect! As for Riley, she wasn't so adorable when she woke me up at 5:30 this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforward View Post
I am enjoying your report! I think its very cool that you want to go into broadcasting. I (many, many moons ago) got my broadcast journalism degree from Emerson COllege and was a reporter for about six years. LOVED IT! I wish you all the best with your career and the mutual obsession we all share....DISNEY!
Oh wow that is exciting! I am still undecided as to whether I want to go into radio or television though. Thank you for wishing me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
MK Day sounds like a nice, relaxing day - trolley rides, strolling through Pooh's Playground, etc.
Nice job being first in line for the fairies - I know those lines are horrible.
But the trolley ride is something we've never done - where on Main St. does it board?
That might be something we try next time around...
The two times we've met the fairies we've followed that plan and met them very quickly. I can't seeing waiting an hour or more to meet them especially since we're a family of adults! The trolley was just inside the entrance. (between th entrance and the flag area) It's pulled by a horse but it stays on the tracks that go down Main St. We were the first to board so we had the front seats and once it was filled we headed toward the castle. I don't really know much about it since we've always raced right by in the past. I do think that riding it at rope drop will be a new tradition!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 AM   #367
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Just a quick update on things....So we heard from our Photopass Leader and she has FINALLY mailed out the cds Hopefully it will arrive soon so we can share some of our pics!

In other news....my birthday was Thursday and I had a Disney birthday right here at home! My DF sent me a flower arrangement which was inside a little house with Mickey and Minnie outside it waving! He also gave me a WDW gift card to use in Sept Caitlin gave me a cute Mickey watch and we went and saw Up for the second time. This time we took along my DM and my nephew neither of whom had seen it. We all loved it and I cried again at the same parts! (BTW if you still haven't seen it....GO!)

I've been busy planning and shopping for our Sept trip too. I've spent a lot of time tweaking our adrs and I am finally pleased with them but I still wish I could get Ohana! This is what we have now...
Mon-lunch @ Teppen Edo (had to add this after Dale saw Amy's pics)
dinner@ F&W booths
Tues-breakfast @ Kona
lunch @ WCC
dinner @ MK (counter service during MNSSHP)
Wed- breakfast @ Pop food court
lunch @ SciFi
diner @ Narcossee's
Thurs-breakfast @ Crystal Palace
lunch @ Chef Mickey's
In the pre-trip shopping I have gotten some awesome deals! I wanted some Disney jewelry and thanks to a thread on the Budget Board I got an awesome deal! Kmart had sterling silver Disney jewelry super cheap (turned out to be an error but they honored it) For $22 (which includes shipping and tax) I got Mickey head earrings, a Tink charm & chain and Tink hoop earrings! When they arrived the original prices came to over 200$!!! More than 90% off I've also picked up some new shorts and shoes because who wants the same clothes in pics of 2 different trips!

So thats about all the news from here....hope to have some pp pics to post soon!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #368
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see how your PPP turned out.

Happy Belated Birthday !

Sounds like it was a very special WDW Birthday at home !

Your ADR's for your upcoming trip sound delicious ! Sounds like you also got some good deals on stuff for your next WDW trip, can't wait to see some pictures of it ! .
Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #369
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love your ADR's and looking forward to your PPP's. Way to score on the jewelry. That is so cool. I would say that I need to visit that budget board, NOW! I always like to shop for new clothes, too, before I go on a new trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #370
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I have been gone for a while and just caught up on your trip report. The LAST day! You all sound like so much fun. You can tell how much you enjoy Disney by reading your report. I never got to go when I was a kid so I feel like a kid now when I go. I am glad my kids are able to go.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #371
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Can't wait to see how your PPP turned out.

Happy Belated Birthday !

Sounds like it was a very special WDW Birthday at home !

Your ADR's for your upcoming trip sound delicious ! Sounds like you also got some good deals on stuff for your next WDW trip, can't wait to see some pictures of it ! .
Thank you! It was a nice Disney birthday. Our PP cd has arrived and now I just have to figure out how to get the pics uploaded!

Quote:
Love your ADR's and looking forward to your PPP's. Way to score on the jewelry. That is so cool. I would say that I need to visit that budget board, NOW! I always like to shop for new clothes, too, before I go on a new trip!

You really should check out the Budget Board! Their motto is every penny saved is an extra one for your WDW trips! I have always enjoyed getting the most for my money but I've learned about a lot of freebie & coupon sites and ways to earn free gift cards (and other things) from that board. Its pretty cool! Isn't shopping for new clothes part of the requisite trip planning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I have been gone for a while and just caught up on your trip report. The LAST day! You all sound like so much fun. You can tell how much you enjoy Disney by reading your report. I never got to go when I was a kid so I feel like a kid now when I go. I am glad my kids are able to go.
Hey there! Glad you're back! We all do really love Disney so I'm glad we're able to express that! I was really lucky to get to go so often as a kid. My father was an ins agt and his company would have a convention there every 3 or 4 years and those were our favorite trips! (twice they held it at the Poly and then they moved off site) Dale's first trip was one of my dad's conventions in the 80's and Caitlin's first was his '93 convention. We were very lucky. Its a wonderful place for family bonding and its great that it makes you feel like a kid and you get to experience the magic right alongside your own children!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #372
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Update on our Sept trip....I was excited to read this morning that there were a bunch of posts on the Restaurant Board saying that LeCellier had opened up a lot of adrs. I checked online and found one! I called Dale and asked him if he'd prefer Chef Mickey's or LeCellier and it was a no-brainer So we'll be having lunch there on our last day. I'm so excited! We've only eaten there once and it was over 6 years ago so this is something to look forward too! So with all the tweaking here and there I am really pleased with our plans! BUT then I got an email from the TA .....our flight has been changed and is now later which would cause us to miss our Teppen Edo lunch and there are no later openings that day I went to Air Tran's website to see what they had to offer earlier that morning but that was the earliest flight. Then I had a second email from our TA. This one was to tell us we'd won a $50 gift card from her agency That got me thinking that maybe we could fly out the day before and use the gc to cover MOST of the difference. I emailed her and asked her to check it out. Well she did and found we could fly out a day earlier, on a direct flight (which we didn't have on our original plan) for the same price! To add a room only extra night the cost was $92 minus the 50$gc is only 42$ and we get to have an extra full day! We'll arrive about 5pm so we decided we'll use that evening to resort hop and MAYBE this time we'll catch Wishes from the Poly Beach...something we planned on for the May trip but never did happen
Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #373
MEK
DIS Veteran

Dawn:

Score again!!!!!!! I am so glad you are leaving a day early. I think you need at least four nights there to feel like you trip's not too short. Even our four day trip felt very short last September. I said I would never do anything less than a 5 night trip, but we are leaving the kids alone for the first time. Last year my eldest had a high school senior stay with him and my youngest stayed at a friend's house. This year we are leaving them completely alone. I am a little nervous, but they will have people in the neighborhood checking in on them and its midweek during soccer season so they should have NO time to get into trouble.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #374
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dawn:

Score again!!!!!!! I am so glad you are leaving a day early. I think you need at least four nights there to feel like you trip's not too short. Even our four day trip felt very short last September. I said I would never do anything less than a 5 night trip, but we are leaving the kids alone for the first time. Last year my eldest had a high school senior stay with him and my youngest stayed at a friend's house. This year we are leaving them completely alone. I am a little nervous, but they will have people in the neighborhood checking in on them and its midweek during soccer season so they should have NO time to get into trouble.
Thank you! I agree four nights will feel like more of a vacation! My only thing is leaving Caitlin home alone. She's older than your boys but this will still be the first time we've left her home alone. Although with 3 dogs to take care of she won't really be alone and I'm sure her bf will be here a lot and my parents live nearby. It's just the "idea" you know? But she's a big girl with a good head on her shoulders so it'll be fine
Old 07-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #375
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Photopass Pics!

I've been talking about posting some Photopass Pics for quite some time so here we go....

These first three are with Prince Caspian at DHS. I think the look on Cait's face is absolutely priceless Can you tell how handsome and charming the Prince was?

Prince Caspian wasn't the only charmer Caitlin met though. How about that rascal Donald Duck?

or everybody's favorite Space Ranger?

When we were picking out our "free 5x7" the CM commented that it looked like every character had flirted with Caitlin

Now time for some family pics...

Us with our favorite toys

Our visit to Pixie Hollow

Camping it up on Test Track

and of course with the Main Mouse and his lady friend

Some of the "special shots" that they have available

The Epcot "balloon" pic

The MK "balloon" pic

Baby Simba at AK

and lastly Tink in MK.

Those are just a few of our pictures and I am really pleased with how they turned out. I was a bit apprehensive about doing a pp group but it worked out well for us and I'm glad we did it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: