Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #331
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOhioAngela View Post
I'm hearing wonderful things about Flying Fish lately. We're going on Sept 18!
TeamRenfroe:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=447
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=451

MickeyNicki:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=565
Thanks for the links! Those are really positive reviews and I took notes on their dining suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Great ADRs! I've heard great things about FF! I think you guys will like it!
Thanks! I was disappointed we couldn't get HDDR since that was like the one thing Dale requested, but on our girl's trip last Dec. we were kind of disappointed with it. Hopefully he'll enjoy FF as a substitute!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #332
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Wow, we ran into the same problems as you, the only good thing is when Jasmine and I are there on our own, we didn't mind eating really late, but the previous 2 weeks when my nieces are with us 9pm is far too late

Love your plans!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #333
MEK
DIS Veteran

Caitlin -

I don't know why I didn't go back last night to look at your pictures, but they are gorgeous. I love your gown and you look so excited when you won! Congrats again!

I also love your pictures from the balloon. Those are the first that I've seen. They are beautiful. I want to do that now!

Dawn-

Nice ADR's. I am now seriously considering the DxDP, although I get so full just on the regular dining plan. It's just that I keep thinking of some lunches and breakfasts that I want to do. I tried to get Ohana's too. Forget it. Everything is crazy booked. I guess its all the people who have 10 day trips booking up the best ADRs.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #334
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Wow, we ran into the same problems as you, the only good thing is when Jasmine and I are there on our own, we didn't mind eating really late, but the previous 2 weeks when my nieces are with us 9pm is far too late

Love your plans!!
Thanks! After looking at some posts on the thread for Sept adrs I am thinking that a lot of people are dbl and triple booking their adrs and making it tough on the rest of us! Its great though if you can take advantage of some of those late adrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Caitlin -

I don't know why I didn't go back last night to look at your pictures, but they are gorgeous. I love your gown and you look so excited when you won! Congrats again!

I also love your pictures from the balloon. Those are the first that I've seen. They are beautiful. I want to do that now!

Dawn-

Nice ADR's. I am now seriously considering the DxDP, although I get so full just on the regular dining plan. It's just that I keep thinking of some lunches and breakfasts that I want to do. I tried to get Ohana's too. Forget it. Everything is crazy booked. I guess its all the people who have 10 day trips booking up the best ADRs.
The expression her dad captured when she won is priceless!
They really loved the balloon ride! They went on a day with a considerable amount of white puffy clouds. On a clear day it would be an even better view!
As for Sept- We knew we wanted to do at least one signature dining and since we're only going for 3 nights that would have taken 2 of our 3 ts credits so we knew we'd have to pay for some meals OOP. When I crunched the numbers it was a better value to upgrade than to pay oop. We certainly won't be able to finish apps and desserts at all our meals but we'll have fun trying! ( I am bummed about Ohana though! )
Old 06-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #335
NWOhioAngela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

As for Sept- We knew we wanted to do at least one signature dining and since we're only going for 3 nights that would have taken 2 of our 3 ts credits so we knew we'd have to pay for some meals OOP. When I crunched the numbers it was a better value to upgrade than to pay oop. We certainly won't be able to finish apps and desserts at all our meals but we'll have fun trying! ( I am bummed about Ohana though! )
We do the same thing, but we eat at a lot of signatures and use snack credits for breakfast.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #336
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We do the same thing, but we eat at a lot of signatures and use snack credits for breakfast.
On our arrival day we will be hitting the Food and Wine Festival for lunch so I am pretty sure we'll be using up a lot of our snack credits on our first day!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #337
NWOhioAngela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
On our arrival day we will be hitting the Food and Wine Festival for lunch so I am pretty sure we'll be using up a lot of our snack credits on our first day!
Again, an excellent use of snack credits! We did that last year and didn't use as many as we thought we would. Yummy stuff!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #338
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Again, an excellent use of snack credits! We did that last year and didn't use as many as we thought we would. Yummy stuff!
Well thats good to know! I always like using extra snack credits to bring treats home so maybe we'll have some left!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #339
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I think the only place I have even been to on your list is Crystal Palace. We have only done the dining plan once, but we loved it. Disney Restaurants certainly fill up fast, don't they?

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #340
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I think the only place I have even been to on your list is Crystal Palace. We have only done the dining plan once, but we loved it. Disney Restaurants certainly fill up fast, don't they?
We love the dining plan but I'm not a big fan of the online adr system. Based on what I'm seeing on the Dis Restaurant threads, I think a lot of people are abusing the new system by overbooking their meals and that's making it difficult for other people to make their adrs.The online system allows you to book numerous places a day as long as the adrs are an hour apart so some people are taking advantage of that. I ended up switching our adrs around a bit so I'm pretty happy with them. I'd still love to get Ohana but thats probably not going to happen
Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #341
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Day 6 continued

So while Dale and Caitlin were soaring over DTD I hit the shops!

When we were there last year I had wanted one of the polos with the Mickey heads embroidered on it but I didn't get one. Well, when we went back in Dec I had made up my mind to get one but they weren't carrying them. So my mission this morning was to find one! I not only found the polo I also found a matching purse and flip flops! So I used my solo shopping trip as a time to spoil myself

When they got back down to Earth they texted me and we met up at Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch. The place was nearly empty!

Caitlin was eager to have their chicken and mashed potatos again and Dale and I thought we'd share something. (we were having a big dinner later and wanted to make sure we'd be hungry!) We decided on the Italian chopped salad. Caitlin loved her lunch again but we were disappointed. We assumed it would have salami or pepperoni or ham....or some kind of meat. It didn't It was just a basic salad. We did add some of Cait's chicken to it and that helped make it a little more filling and tastier. We passed on the desserts at WPE so we could go over to Goofy's and get something.

I find Goofy's a little overwhelming. It is usually packed and there is so much in there that I just can't make up my mind. Caitlin knew she wanted to make a rice krispie square so Dale and I decided we'd make one and split it. I asked him what he wanted on it and then... I marked what I wanted on it. Bad move!
I guess I pictured that like half would have his choices and half would have mine? Well it was just layered with everything and looked disgusting!

We ended up scraping a lot of stuff off of it and then it didn't taste too bad
We looked around DTD some more when we finished and then we decided to take the boat back to POFQ.
The boat ride was wonderful! We got to see the newly refurbbed TreeHouses along the way. These look really cool! (sorry no pic)
At one point our driver (is that what you call him? ) stopped our boat and said the space shuttle would be launching momentarily and hopefully we'd see it! We sat... and sat... and sat. But no luck! All those pretty, puffy white clouds were blocking our view.
As we neared our resort Dale did get these pics of POR and POFQ though...

When we got back to POFQ we strolled around the grounds a bit

and hit the arcade. The arcade is not real impressive but it does have my favorite old school game- Ms PacMan! We played a few games and then headed back to dress for our Signature Dinner .

**Up next...our Signature Dinner and EMH!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:06 AM   #343
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

happy july 4th everyone!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #344
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Happy 4th of July! We are finally getting some sun here so hopefully we can enjoy some summer activities!!

Congratulations to Caitlin for the pagent & the scholarship that comes along with it! That's fantastic!!

I LOVE the pictures from the hot air balloon ride - what an amazing experience. I don't know if I'd be able to deal with the height though... Zachary was watching over my shoulder and asked if we could do that ride.

Great ADRs for your upcoming trip. I think a short trip is the perfect opportunity to upgrade your dining plan! And using your snack credits for the F&W Festival is really smart!! I wouldn't have thought of that ahead of time. I've seen the HDDR twice - once on my very first trip when I was 9 and then again when DH & I went after we were married, but before kids. I think my kids are at an age now that they would enjoy it. I'll have to try to book it for our next trip... not sure if we'll get to stay onsite again though, which could make it hard to book. I hope they eventually go back to 180 days - it seems like people are a much harder time getting good ADRs at 90 days.

Dawn - It looks like you had some fun at DTD too... I know exactly which polo shirt you were looking for. Zachary has a red one that we purchased in 2007 that he is just outgrowing now. He wore it for one of his school pictures.

Can't wait to read more!!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #345
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice update. I love the POFQ pictures. I have decided it is my favorite moderate resort! So pretty. I also love the boat to DTD. Now I want to see a picture of your flip flops!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: