Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #316
NWOhioAngela
DIS Veteran

Congratulations Princess Caitlin!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #317
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the kind words!
As promised pics from last night

After I found out I won

After the Crowning

My Mom and I

My Dad and I

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #318
NWOhioAngela
DIS Veteran

That gown! Is that Dis Lime Green I see?!
Old 06-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #319
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOhioAngela View Post
That gown! Is that Dis Lime Green I see?!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #320
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Day 6

Today we were headed off in search of Characters in Flight!

I was really excited to try this out! I had read about it on All Ears so I thought the view would be spectacular!
So when we got there we had to wait a little bit before we could purchase our tickets. You can't purchase your tickets until the balloon is docked again. We bought them and were on our way! If you don't like heights you shouldn't try this! The part you stand on shakes on the way up and down and one mom on it had to sit down!

My mom also opted out and went shopping while we were in the balloon

View of the Marketplace

View of Epcot

View of DHS and EE

You can see three of the parks but MK is blocked by the Contemporary

The Sorcerer's Hat in DHS

The Contemporary

The Grand Floridian

Typhoon Lagoon

Looking straight down at Pleasure Island

Saratoga Springs

Planet Hollywood

We had an amazing time! It was a great picture taking opportunity and it was awesome to see WDW from so high up! Next time we go my dad and I plan to go on it at night for a totally different experience!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #321
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post

We had an amazing time! It was a great picture taking opportunity and it was awesome to see WDW from so high up! Next time we go my dad and I plan to go on it at night for a totally different experience!
Was it actually worth the $16?
I thought about going but previous photos of the views weren't too exciting.
Yours came out better but even then - even the icons (other than Spaceship Earth) are hard to make out.
Sounds like you had a good time - I imagine it's better in person, yes?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #322
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I'm so excited and I've got to share our news with our Dis pals!! So tonight Caitlin was in our community's annual Summer Festival Beauty Pageant and WON!!!!! She won a 1200$ scholarship, a gift basket with hair care products and what every princess needs.....a tiara! The festival is next weekend so she gets to ride in the parade, judge the baby contest and do other special things at the festival all weekend. Our whole extended family was there to cheer her on and we were all so proud! I'll post some pics in the morning!
That is so cool. Congratulations to Caitlin. She will make the cutest princess!!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #323
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Was it actually worth the $16?
I thought about going but previous photos of the views weren't too exciting.
Yours came out better but even then - even the icons (other than Spaceship Earth) are hard to make out.
Sounds like you had a good time - I imagine it's better in person, yes?
I believe it was. My dad and I are thrill seekers and going up in a hot air balloon was something I have always wanted to do. I think you can see the major park icons very well in person and in pictures. We had budgeted the money going into the trip so I did the hot air balloon instead of putt putt but it might not be everyone's taste.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #324
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe it was. My dad and I are thrill seekers and going up in a hot air balloon was something I have always wanted to do. I think you can see the major park icons very well in person and in pictures. We had budgeted the money going into the trip so I did the hot air balloon instead of putt putt but it might not be everyone's taste.
First off, you looked absolutely GORGEOUS in your gown. Congrats again, that scholarship will come in handy

You convinced me to do this, I figure for $32 for both of us, I would kick myself if we didn't. Love the pics!!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #325
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Sounds like I'll have to give it a shot next time!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #326
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Congratulations. Caitlin is certainly a beauty.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #327
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is so cool. Congratulations to Caitlin. She will make the cutest princess!!!!!!!
Thank you! She's worked very hard over the past year so this is a wonderful "reward"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
First off, you looked absolutely GORGEOUS in your gown. Congrats again, that scholarship will come in handy

You convinced me to do this, I figure for $32 for both of us, I would kick myself if we didn't. Love the pics!!
Thank you! That scholarship sure will come in handy! The university just raised tuition another 3%
I hope you 2 enjoy the balloon ride as much as Dale and Caitlin did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Sounds like I'll have to give it a shot next time!
Hope you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Congratulations. Caitlin is certainly a beauty.

Thank you! I think she looked even prettier in person too!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #328
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Sept adrs

Amy had asked me to post when we did our ADRs for free dining in Sept so here's how it went this morning...

I need to start by saying we booked this trip with a TA because I thought with the economy it would be nice to give someone else some business and it didn't cost us anymore than booking directly through Disney. HOWEVER, we booked with her PRIOR to online dining reservations opening and you can only book online if you booked it yourself So this morning was our 90 days so I went online at 6am to book our adr for our first night's stay. (you can book at exactly 90 days without a reservation confirmation #) My goal for that adr was the elusive Ohana. Well at 90 days out at 6am I could only get in there after 9pm! There is no way I want to eat dinner that late! My second choice was the Luau. That wasn't available either I ended up booking Narcossee's which we enjoyed in May. (our experience there will be in our next post) I got Narcossee's at 5:45 and I know we'll enjoy the steak and lobster again!

Since that was the only adr I could make online, I had to wait until 7 to call on the rest of our choices. Caitlin had graciously offered to call for me, so exactly at 7 she called Disney Dining and by 7:01 was talking to an agent Caitlin had just finished giving out the pkg confirmation number, our names and adress etc and the cell phone cut out! She called back on the same phone so I dialed her phone, in case of another mishap. At 7:23 she got through again and the same thing happened! UGH! I hate ATT and am seriously considering cancelling my service with them! This is about the final straw with them! Anyway, I passed her the phone that was still waiting on hold and at 7:35 we got another agent. The first thing she requested was Crystal Palace at 8am on Oct 1. I being in the parks before opening! Well 8 was filled but we were able to get 8:45 so we still get in early and this should be fun since we've never had this character breakfast. (would have liked it earlier but what can I do?)

The next thing she attempted to get was the HDDR. Dale hasn't been there since 1996 so he wanted to go again. (he was a big fan of the Sangria ) Well unless we wanted the 9:30 show it was filled the night we wanted it My 2nd choice was the Luau which was also filled Our 3rd choice was the Flying Fish and we got that at 5:30. We've never been here, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

The next day we were booking for was our MNSSHP day. I wanted breakfast and lunch ressies for that day and if we're hungry at the party we'll just grab cs. I don't want to waste party time in a restaurant! Our first choice for breakfast was Kona. (Dale wants to try Tonga Toast) I wanted 9am and we got 8:50! SCORE!

For lunch I wanted Chef Mickey's. I love the monorail resorts and I thought CM would be fun. I wanted CM at 1 and got it! SCORE AGAIN!

The third day of our trip we'll be at DHS and so I wanted to do lunch at SciFi. We'll be on the deluxe plan so we can share here and still feel full! I wanted 11:30 and got 11:40! Late that afternoon will be our dinner at FF.

The last thing we needed was lunch on our departure day. We are doing MK that day with the CP breakfast. I read good reviews of the lunch at LTT on All Ears so I tried for that. I wanted 12:30 and got 1:05.

So those are our adrs. What do you guys think?

Old 06-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #329
NWOhioAngela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Our 3rd choice was the Flying Fish and we got that at 5:30. We've never been here, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm hearing wonderful things about Flying Fish lately. We're going on Sept 18!
TeamRenfroe:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=447
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=451

MickeyNicki:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=565
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #330
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Great ADRs! I've heard great things about FF! I think you guys will like it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: