Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #286
kmartin555
Mouseketeer

It's been a great TR so far! When are you going to MNSSHP? We will be there on Sept 22nd - can't wait!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:13 AM   #287
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin555 View Post
It's been a great TR so far! When are you going to MNSSHP? We will be there on Sept 22nd - can't wait!
Aww thank you! We will be there exactly a week later on the 29th! I'm really excited too! Are you dressing up?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #288
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
If your kids enjoy seeing the characters this should be on your "must do" list!
Yes, my kiddies def love the characters , so it will def have to be on our list next time !

I know what you mean I'm nearing the end of my Report also and we may not be going again till 2011 , so bitter sweet . At least you guys have another trip in the works Can't wait to see the photo pass pictures , I know I was really impressed w/ ours
Old 06-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #289
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Today was Mother's day! I gave my mom a nice picture frame and a card that made her cry. My dad felt like sleeping in so we went to breakfast just the two of us. It was nice having time alone together even if it was just for a little while.

The buses picked this particular morning to be awful! We had to wait at least a half hour for one to arrive and we started worrying if we'd make RD! At 8:30 a bus finally arrived and a huge crowd of people tried to board. Caitlin and I took seats while Dale stood to allow a woman to sit down. Despite that it was SRO the driver still went over to POR More people boarded and had to stand. Suddenly on this extremely packed bus this young girl (probably 6 or 7) starts screaming! And didn't stop! It was a loud, shrill and whiny scream like nails on the chalkboard! Dale overheard the girl's DF telling someone that they were "breaking her of her pacifier" I have no idea why you'd let a child use one that long and then break them on vacation? When they get little sleep and are over-stimulated?! It was insensitive to the child's needs and certainly inconsiderate to those forced to listen to her! That bus driver could not drive fast enough! I was getting claustrophobic with the crowd and screaming and could not wait to get off! Finally, we arrived at DHS! What a relief!

As we entered they gave all the mom's carnations for Mother's Day! After rope drop I high tailed it over to TSM for fast passes and when I got back to my parents I found them taking PPPs

I loved the HSM props but they don't have any HSM borders

Instead of going over to TSM we decided to hit TOT and RR since those parts of the park were always dead in the morning!

After we rode those we headed over to the Animation Building since they were starting to set up for the UP! characters and I was hoping I would be able to see them before we left.

They weren't up yet but I got to see Mickey

I had read about the drawing classes so I knew we had to go over there next!

Me and my dad drawing

My dad's drawing of Minnie was the only one that actually looked like her Mine and my mom's were horrible

After our "class" it was time to ride TSM again! We just couldn't get enough of this ride!

Of course Dale won again! He is our family champion

After TSM it was after 11:00 and we were starting to get a little hungry! We had decided our lunch would be at Beaches and Cream! We were all looking forward to trying it out! We took the boat from DHS over to BC and we were fortunate enough to walk right in! We all this place! It is so cute and the food was so yummy and filling! Dale and I shared the dbl cheeseburger and onion rings while Caitlin had a sandwich. We all shared a sundae for dessert and we couldn't finish it!

This is a cute place for a fun meal! Dale and I plan to go back in Sept!

Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #290
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

After lunch we took the boat ride over to Epcot! We were addicted to boat rides this vacation

We actually spoke too soon on the last post today was the day of the foot incident Oh that was so horrible Thank goodness we kept band aids and tylenol on us

After we were done at Epcot it was time to head over to the GF for the 1900 Park Fare dinner!

For my Mother's Day dinner I had chosen Park Fare. I had heard the food wasn't great but we were going for the character interaction! Well, the reviews were right. The food was not great but the characters were a lot of fun! We were disappointed that Lady Tremaine wasn't appearing. I guess she got the day off for Mother's Day Perla was appearing in her place. Not quite the same thing but she was cute.

Our next visitors were Cinderella's tormentors!

The step sisters are a lot of fun especially for us "older kids". They joked around a lot with Caitlin and made up for their mother's absence!

Our next visitor was our hostess

She was lovely but not really as fun as her sisters

Finally, the man of the hour appeared. Yes, the Prince paid us a visit and he was regal and charming and very handsome! He complimented our Princess on her dress and I think she melted!

Then when he visited the next table he kept bending over to talk to their little girl and it was a little distracting!

Throughout our meal, Dale and I enjoyed watching the little girl at the next table. She was a little cutie of 4 or 5, dressed as Cinderella and she was very animated! She reminded us of a little Princess we used to know and it choked us up! Well then it was time for Cinderella to steal away the Prince and dance with him

When they finished Cinderella found some little boys to dance with and the Prince found some young Princesses. I was so excited that his first pick was the little one next to us! She was beaming and her mom was crying! It was priceless and made me cry too! (I know what a sap )

After the dancing ended our wonderful waiter, Michael, brought out the special dessert we had pre-ordered for Caitlin

She loved it and it tasted as good as it looked!
Before we left I went over and talked to the little girl's mom to tell her how much we enjoyed watching her! They were a lovely family and it was so nice to see them get a little extra magic!

After dinner we decided to hop over to another park! You'll have to come back to see where we went and what we did!

Last edited by dawnbu40; 06-17-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #291
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

What a sweet story about the little princess. My little princess is 13 now. They grow up too fast. At least at Disney World they can still be kids.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #292
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

wow you guys hit the character Jackpot! You saw soo many of the great ones! Good job!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #293
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love all the updates I missed while I was away. Caitlin - Ouch! How awful about your toe. Sounds so painful.

Love all the character pictures. When I read about how much you were able to do I am so jealous. I don't think I did half that much last week, thanks to the heat and crowds. Not complaining tho' - still had a great trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #294
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
What a sweet story about the little princess. My little princess is 13 now. They grow up too fast. At least at Disney World they can still be kids.
[SIZE="4"]They certainly do grow up too fast and the older they get the faster time seems to fly! I can't believe a year has already passed since Caitlin graduated! Your princess is still young though! Enjoy her! Doesn't Disney bring out the kid in us all?! I think thats why we all love it so much [/SIZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
wow you guys hit the character Jackpot! You saw soo many of the great ones! Good job!
Finding all those characters at once was so fun and memorable! Dale isn't much into characters (well besides Buzz or Jasmine ) and even he enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love all the updates I missed while I was away. Caitlin - Ouch! How awful about your toe. Sounds so painful.

Love all the character pictures. When I read about how much you were able to do I am so jealous. I don't think I did half that much last week, thanks to the heat and crowds. Not complaining tho' - still had a great trip!
Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great trip,despite heat and crowds and I'm looking forward to reading your trip report!

Yes, her toe was pretty painful. Right after it happened, she showed us and she had this panicked and pained look on her face and I thought she might start screaming We were lucky I had some first aid items with me!

Looking at your signature I see you were at Kidani. Any thoughts on AKL? We got a pin code that I could use to upgrade our Sept trip from Pop to AKL and we aren't sure what to do. Its only a $300 difference, which I know is a great deal, but since we've never stayed at either we aren't sure which we'd prefer. Any thoughts?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #295
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update How sweet that you and DD got to have breakfast together on Mother's Day That's awesome that they gave carnations out to the Mom's at that gate so sweet of WDW . The PP of DH and you are soo good . DD husband did a really good job with his Minnie drawing Can't wait to see what all u get into at Epcot
Old 06-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #296
thecapells
Disney Dad

What did you think of the food at 1900 Fare for dinner?
While we LOVED the character interaction, we weren't too fond of the food.
It was probably one of the lesser buffets we attended during our stay.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #297
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Great update How sweet that you and DD got to have breakfast together on Mother's Day That's awesome that they gave carnations out to the Mom's at that gate so sweet of WDW . The PP of DH and you are soo good . DD husband did a really good job with his Minnie drawing Can't wait to see what all u get into at Epcot
It was very nice of Disney to give carnations out at all the parks! When we hopped to Epcot that afternoon they still had some left and I was given another! DH is pretty artistic so I knew he'd do a good job. I am artistically challenged however and was pretty sure mine would be bad. The instructor was very good and for a while it looked like mine might come out but one bad circle and mine was trash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
What did you think of the food at 1900 Fare for dinner?
While we LOVED the character interaction, we weren't too fond of the food.
It was probably one of the lesser buffets we attended during our stay.
The food didn't appeal to any of us. DH and I basically had the roast beef (not prime rib like All Ears lists) some potatoes and salad. Caitlin ate at the kids section We knew going into it though that the food wasn't going to be great so we'd had a filling lunch at Beaches and Cream. I think they are trying to be too creative with the menu and it just isn't working? This was a dinner we'd wanted to try once and now that we have we probably won't go back.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #298
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

OMGosh! Where have I been?!

I loved your TR so far! I had no idea you were going as I was leaving! So, now instead of doing my yardwork, I'm still sitting in front of my PC reading your TR.

I just got my Photopass last night, so I can't wait to see yours. I'm so jealous of your September trip. And you got a PIN code to upgrade to AKL - go for it!! AKL is my dream deluxe, so hopefully, I'll get to stay there someday.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #299
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
OMGosh! Where have I been?!

I loved your TR so far! I had no idea you were going as I was leaving! So, now instead of doing my yardwork, I'm still sitting in front of my PC reading your TR.

I just got my Photopass last night, so I can't wait to see yours. I'm so jealous of your September trip. And you got a PIN code to upgrade to AKL - go for it!! AKL is my dream deluxe, so hopefully, I'll get to stay there someday.
Hey there! Thanks for stopping over and catching up! Your PP came out great so I'm really anxious to get ours!

The latest on our Sept trip is...we are going.. but we aren't upgrading. When we got the pin code it was supposed to be good at AKL and WL and we would have jumped at WL (but my dream is BC) but it was booked. We considered AKL but we weren't going to spend all the money to get Savannah view (which seems like the must do at AKL) so it didn't seem worth the money for such a short trip. Anyway,the whole point of Sept was supposed to be a bargain trip for free dining (plus time for just the 2 of us) and even with the pin code it was getting pricey especially since we'd just been there. I'm hoping for a pin we can use for next year's family trip!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #300
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Girls!! I got a little behind but I'm all caught up again!! Sounds like you've been having a great time - TSM is fantastic, isn't it?? We rode it a bunch of times too and loved it every time!!

Sorry about the toe incident... hope it doesn't hinder your touring plans.

The Backlot Tour looked like an amazing adventure!! You guys are great sports!!

Can't wait to hear more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: