Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #271
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

How cool you got to be a part of the Back lot tour show ! It looks like you and your Mom had a blast doing it ! Both your facial expressions are priceless in the pictures . I'm sure this is one WDW moment you will remember forever !
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #272
thecapells
Disney Dad

Awesome! That sounds like alot of fun!
I always skip the Backlot Tour since it's not as cool as way back when.
But being in the pre-show would definitely make it a great attraction!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #273
bussellmomof3
This bus only stops for Disney

Subbing
I love your reviews! Caitlin is adorable. How cool that you got to be the stars of the show. I'm jealous!

Can't wait to read more!

BC - 2012
POR - 2009, 2008, 2007
Offsite - 1987, 1984
Old 06-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #274
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I am glad you got to be in the Backlot Tour show. I have not been on that ride since 1995, my first time at Disney World. I don't think my kids have ever been on it. It sounds like we need to ride again next time.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #275
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Great update Dawn! I love the Toy Story photo ops and you guys really took some cute pics in there. I love the way your DD poses in all of them. And in AUgust I have to locate this darn Cowboy Goofy! How have I missed him?
Thank you! We actually missed this area in Dec. because we didn't know it existed! I learned about it from one of your trip reports, so THANK YOU! It was a lot of fun! Caitlin is quite a ham and loves posing! We found Cowboy Goofy in Frontierland back near Splash Mountain and Pecos Bill's. Hope you track him down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
How cool you got to be a part of the Back lot tour show ! It looks like you and your Mom had a blast doing it ! Both your facial expressions are priceless in the pictures . I'm sure this is one WDW moment you will remember forever !

Making the movie was so much fun! We both had a really great time and you're right, this is something we'll always remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Awesome! That sounds like alot of fun!
I always skip the Backlot Tour since it's not as cool as way back when.
But being in the pre-show would definitely make it a great attraction!
Actually I think you and your oldest DS would enjoy the tour because there is a lot of Star Wars stuff! You see SW things on the tram ride (there might be some pics in our next post) and in the "museum". You're right though, this attraction is not as much fun as it was originally. I loved when the tram rode through the tv show "neighborhood" and you saw all the houses and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussellmomof3 View Post
Subbing
I love your reviews! Caitlin is adorable. How cool that you got to be the stars of the show. I'm jealous!

Can't wait to read more!
Welcome! We're glad you've joined us! Thank you for the nice compliments! Being in the show was pretty awesome and we ended up being glad that Dale was taking pictures so we had some record of it.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #276
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I am glad you got to be in the Backlot Tour show. I have not been on that ride since 1995, my first time at Disney World. I don't think my kids have ever been on it. It sounds like we need to ride again next time.
Thank you! Being in the show was a highlight of our vacation! Although the Tour isn't as great as it once was I still think its worth checking out ESPECIALLY if you haven't done it in almost 15 years! Some pics of the Tour are coming right up!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #277
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

After our moment in the spotlight we joined our entourage on the tram for the Back Lot Tour. To get to the tram you have to cut through the "Prop Room" that is just loaded with various movie props like this prop from one of the Narnia movies...

Then you board the tram and go "behind the scenes" of the movie studio. The tram passes a lot of different vehicles used in movies

and then you reach Catastrophe Canyon! At first it seems like everything is fine...

but then there is an explosion and water begins rushing down!

and then it seems as though the water will drown you!

What a relief to get out safe (and dry! ) The tram then heads toward LMA and you see some behind the scenes stuff there. The tram lets you off at the AFI "Museum" and there are some cool displays of movie costumes and props....

When we finished our tour, I was ready for lunch. (Dale and Caitlin were going to eat at Tutto but I knew that wasn't my kind of food) The closest place to grab a bite was the Studio Catering Co. This was my worst meal of the trip. The dessert wasn't great and the hot dog was no where near as good as Casey's but it was food. When I finished we decided to head over to Star Tours so they could use the FP they picked up earlier. On our way we passed this hero and of course Caitlin had to get in on the act! (She was 3 or 4 when the original Power Rangers aired and she loved it! She always had to be the Pink Ranger and was in with the Green one!)

We passed the Muppet Movie theater

but we decided til this gets an update its no longer on our "must do" list. We've seen it so many times its gotten kind of old.

We soon arrived in a Galaxy far, far away

and they left me to go on a tour of another planet. Along the way they saw some bad guys

and some good guys!

While they were touring the stars I sat in the shade and enjoyed some familar music. I'd never noticed before that in the area around the Commissary old tv theme songs are playing. Being a tv fan I enjoyed this! I heard the songs from some classic shows I grew up with like the Brady Bunch, Happy Days and.... wait for it...Doogie Howser (I know wrong Neil Patrick Harris show) This was probably the most fun I ever had waiting!

When they finished with their Star Tour it was time for us to hop over to Epcot for their lunch adr. We decided to take the boat over and we were so glad we did! We loved the relaxing and lovely boat ride! I really think the boat rides give you some nice down time between parks. This is especially good for people (like us) who don't take afternoon breaks at their hotel!

Next up...Tutto, American Adventure and back to DHS for some very special meet and greets!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #278
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

When our boat arrived at Epcot we headed straight to Italy for their late lunch at...

If you are following Caitlin's food report you are aware of how much they this meal! (I'm a picky eater and knew from the menu on All Ears that this was not my taste) They enjoyed their food and I enjoyed their company and seeing them try something new! When they finished we took a few pics...

We then headed over to America to catch the show! We arrived in time to hear the Voices of Liberty perform. I absolutely love them! Their voices are absolutely gorgeous and I always get teary eyed when they sing God Bless America! After the show it was time to head upstairs for the main event. Thats when our little accident happened...as I was getting off the escalator with Dale and Caitlin behind, the people in front of me stopped abruptly. There was a domino effect and Caitlin ran into Dale and her toe nail caught his sandal. By the time we got to the entrance of the show her toe was bleeding profusely ! There was no place to sit down so we bandaged her up right there (luckily I was carrying bandaids and neosporin-moms, don't think you get to stop carrying that stuff when your kids get older) We thought she'd lose the nail but its still hanging on! Caitlin didn't get to enjoy the American Adventure since she was in pain but she took a Tylenol and continued on.

After our travels through American history we decided to go back to DHS. Afterall we still had another FP for TSM! When we arrived back at DHS we first stopped in to visit that handsome Prince from Narnia. He was both charming...

and very,very handsome!

Caitlin was positively smitten! It was so funny watching her!

After our private meeting with royalty we were off to TSM and another fierce competition began.( Of course, Caitlin was still distracted by his royal highness) Dale was the champion again!

After our competition we decided to visit the Animation Building and cool off in the air conditioning. Our first stop was to see those heroes from Bolt. Dale had never met them before and was really excited to meet Rhino! (the lighting wasn't great in here and our pics aren't as good as I would have hoped for)

We then spotted a villain we hadn't seen for photos since Caitlin was 2! It was none other than Aladdin's arch enemy....

We were then suprised to see several guys from Nottingham...

(the King loved when Caitlin bowed to him)

Then off in a corner we noticed Mickey's bff! This was the best Pluto ever! He was all on 4's at all times since well that is what dogs do!

We were in character overload at this point and having so much fun! We saw Jafar leave and then we were shocked at who came out next! It was none other than Snow White's Step-Mother! Yes, the Queen in person! Caitlin curtsied and told her it was an honor and they had a very amusing conversation.

When I went over the Queen asked "is she yours?" and when I said yes she said "She's charming. You shouldn't have any trouble finding her a Prince". That was the coolest character meet we've ever had!

While we were talking with the Queen another villain we hadn't seen in years came out. It was that evil Governor Ratcliffe from Pocahontas!

Speaking of Pocahontas...

Then we saw Pluto leave (on all 4's) and he was replaced by my favorite Prince and Dale's favorite Princess...

Last but not least we saw the Incredible's pal...Frozone!

We had hit the character jackpot! We saw all those characters in about 45 minutes and it was too much fun! At this point we were all in great spirits and had done all we wanted to do so we decided to head back to the hotel. We took the bus back and Caitlin and Dale grabbed some dinner at Sassagoula. Someone mentioned to Dale that there would be live entertainment that evening so around 8:30 we headed to the Scat Cat area. The performer was Elliot Dison and he is great! He sings and plays 12 instruments! We really enjoyed his show and I got to dance with my Prince again! It was a great end to another great day!

Next up...Mother's Day 2009!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #279
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

WOW you guys had AWESOME character meets! I sadly can't see the pics yet so I'll check tonight at home but I'm jealous! And I need to see this handsome prince

I haven't been on the backstage tour in forever but it looks like they changed the audience participation a little bit, very cool. At least I know they changed the outfits from those lovely yellow rain suits to the lovely blue ones you guys were wearing! (I was able to check those pics this morning before I left for work!)
Old 06-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #280
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update The DHS pic's are beautiful and OMG I can't believe you met all those rare characters in that one spot ! Where exactly in DHS was that , I don't think we've ever been in there ! Sorry to hear about Catlin's toe Good thing Mom was there to patch her up !
Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #281
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

WOW! You got to see some amazing characters. I have never even heard of anyone seeing Robin Hood characters. We actually got to see Jafar in Dec. and I was so excited. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie, and I love villains. Caitlin seems to have had a great time meeting everyone.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #282
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
WOW you guys had AWESOME character meets! I sadly can't see the pics yet so I'll check tonight at home but I'm jealous! And I need to see this handsome prince

I haven't been on the backstage tour in forever but it looks like they changed the audience participation a little bit, very cool. At least I know they changed the outfits from those lovely yellow rain suits to the lovely blue ones you guys were wearing! (I was able to check those pics this morning before I left for work!)
The character meets were awesome! We loved meeting them and they were all a lot of fun! Those rain suits may not be much to look at, and walking in those galoshes was hard, but they kept us dry!

Quote:
Great update The DHS pic's are beautiful and OMG I can't believe you met all those rare characters in that one spot ! Where exactly in DHS was that , I don't think we've ever been in there ! Sorry to hear about Catlin's toe Good thing Mom was there to patch her up !
We met them in the Animation Building back past the Little Mermaid and that big building that holds the kids show with the Disney channel characters. I can't think of the name but I don't think we've ever actually been in there. Anyway, there is a "tour" or you can go in through the back way (which is through the store) and then all the characters are there and the "Drawing class" is there too. Sorceror Mickey is always there along with the characters from a current movie. I guess the others are just random?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
WOW! You got to see some amazing characters. I have never even heard of anyone seeing Robin Hood characters. We actually got to see Jafar in Dec. and I was so excited. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie, and I love villains. Caitlin seems to have had a great time meeting everyone.
We saw the Robin Hood characters a long time ago in the UK at Epcot but its been awhile! Caitlin does love meeting characters and always has. When she was 2 she wasn't afraid of any, not even the villains. But then she's always loved having her picture taken! One of her first words was "cheese!"

Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #283
thecapells
Disney Dad

Wow - you guys hit the character jackpot!
I heard that on non-Fantasmic nights, the chars head over to the Animation Building.
But I didn't realize that many would be out!
That was awesome since there were so many rare ones!
And Pluto on all fours the whole time!! I've never seen that!
Very cool!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #284
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
We met them in the Animation Building back past the Little Mermaid and that big building that holds the kids show with the Disney channel characters. I can't think of the name but I don't think we've ever actually been in there. Anyway, there is a "tour" or you can go in through the back way (which is through the store) and then all the characters are there and the "Drawing class" is there too. Sorcerer Mickey is always there along with the characters from a current movie. I guess the others are just random?

Oh , OK I think I know where you are talking about now , have passed by it but never have went in , didn't think it looked very toddler and infant friendly . LOL Maybe next time we could just sneak in through the gift shop and see what characters there are.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #285
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Wow - you guys hit the character jackpot!
I heard that on non-Fantasmic nights, the chars head over to the Animation Building.
But I didn't realize that many would be out!
That was awesome since there were so many rare ones!
And Pluto on all fours the whole time!! I've never seen that!
Very cool!!!
We hadn't heard anything about this greet prior to going so we felt like we hit the lottery! Since I've been back I've heard it's called the Fantasmic Meet and Greet? It was a lot of fun and I'd encourage everyone to at least pop in around 5 on non-Fantasmic days just in case this is going on! This was the most fun Pluto ever! He really acted like a dog He was sort of jumping on Caitlin and licking her face. Very cute!

Quote:
Oh , OK I think I know where you are talking about now , have passed by it but never have went in , didn't think it looked very toddler and infant friendly . LOL Maybe next time we could just sneak in through the gift shop and see what characters there are.
If your kids enjoy seeing the characters this should be on your "must do" list!

*** So I now understand why people drag their trip reports out for months! It gets kind of depressing as you near the end! So I think for that reason I've been putting off posting. BUT today I heard from our Photopass Leader and she's ordered the cd so I am very excited that we should have that relatively soon! I'm also getting excited about our Sept trip! I've picked out all the restaurants we want and sent the list to the TA so she can book them (well in 2 weeks ) and ordered tickets to our very first MNSSHP! So all this is motivating me to get busy on this report, so I can start focusing on Sept! My Mother's Day in WDW should be coming up soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: