Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #256
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Awesome updates Dawn! Sounds like your trip is picture perfect so far and so much fun. And Dale is taking some awesome photos
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #257
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update We love the HM but for some reason we never made it over there to ride it this trip , seeing your pic's makes me sad we didn't ! The ISW pictures are too cute this is DD new favorite ride and don't feel bad my family aren't fans of this ride either . LOL The Country Bear Jamboree is so much fun , I love the little girl bears too We loved riding the boats at POFQ last year too , I'm still kicking my butt for not staying there this year ! We love the Poly I told DH if we could ever afford a deluxe I'm staying there , it's just so pretty and Ohana and Kona both have yummy food Can't wait for the next update !
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #258
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I hope Caitlin feels better soon. Why does blood work take so long?

I enjoyed your update. You got a nice picture of Caitlin with Peter Pan. We have never been to Tom Sawyer Island either. Maybe we will try to do that next time. I have heard that a lot of people like it. Can't wait to hear what you do next.
I have no idea why its taking so long Today they got back the first test and it was inconclusive so we have to wait for the others.

Tom Sawyer Island is a nice peaceful break from the rides and crowds and worth a look around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Great update We love the HM but for some reason we never made it over there to ride it this trip , seeing your pic's makes me sad we didn't ! The ISW pictures are too cute this is DD new favorite ride and don't feel bad my family aren't fans of this ride either . LOL The Country Bear Jamboree is so much fun , I love the little girl bears too We loved riding the boats at POFQ last year too , I'm still kicking my butt for not staying there this year ! We love the Poly I told DH if we could ever afford a deluxe I'm staying there , it's just so pretty and Ohana and Kona both have yummy food Can't wait for the next update !
You missed the HM?! We could never do that lol I think we usually ride it a couple times each trip! So what didn't you like about CBR? I don't think you've really said in your report. Or did you just like POFQ better? The Poly is lovely! My family stayed there twice when I was a kid and I didn't appreciate. I always wanted to stay at the CR because I thought it was so cool how the monorail went right through the hotel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Awesome updates Dawn! Sounds like your trip is picture perfect so far and so much fun. And Dale is taking some awesome photos
O thank you! We did have a great time and it was much more relaxing than last year when our dog got hurt and had us all stressed out! Dale says thank you too! He had a lot of fun playing with that new toy!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #259
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

May 8 Evening

While we ate we discussed where to go next. We decided that since Epcot had pm EMH we should head over there! On the way out we stopped and took some more pics of the Poly.

By the time we got over there,everyone was getting ready for Illuminations so we used this as an opportunity to hit the rides that are usually busiest. Caitlin did Mission Space and it was only 14 minutes from the time she left us til she got back! Dale attempted some pics to show how cool MS looks at night but they didn't come out so great.

(He spent a lot of time on this particular evening taking "cool evening shots" but they didn't come out )

While we waited for Caitlin I noticed these very large creepy, crawly things on the ground! They move very quickly and scurry around looking very gross! Dale said they are Palmetto bugs? IDK looked like roaches to me! I was wishing I wasn't wearing flip flops!

When Caitlin returned from Mars we headed to TT. We thought it would be fun to try it at night and we were right! The posted wait was 40 minutes but it was more like 15 . Riding at night upped the thrill factor!

After we tested our car and made a TT pressed coin we decided to visit WS. By this time it was starting to clear out since all the offsite guests were leaving. Our first stop was Mexico. Ole! We do enjoy that little boat ride!

Our next top was Norway since we'd missed Maelstrom the day before. There was just a short wait (maybe 10 min?) and then we were off to the land of the Vikings! After our journey we stopped in the bakery for Caitlin to buy a SchoolBread. We were all stuffed but she thought it would be good for breakfast in the morning.

(this did not look appetizing to me at all. I don't seem to "get" the obligatory Dis snacks!)

After we left Norway we kept on touring the world. We stopped in Morocco so Dale could try the much heralded Sultan's Colada.Which he said was very good!

(FYI- Dale wants everyone to know he DOES NOT have a drinking problem! At home he rarely drinks and when he does he has an occasional beer. Caitlin's food report knowledge kept telling him what and where he needed to try things )
It was so funny after she took that pic the cashier looked at her like she was crazy

We continued on around the lagoon and on our way I tried my hand at a few pics

We were all getting tired about this time so we decided to head back to the front and catch a bus. Afterall, it was getting late and we wanted to be up for the AM EMH!

Up next...our family's love affair with TSM begins!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #260
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]
You missed the HM?! We could never do that lol I think we usually ride it a couple times each trip! So what didn't you like about CBR? I don't think you've really said in your report. Or did you just like POFQ better? The Poly is lovely! My family stayed there twice when I was a kid and I didn't appreciate. I always wanted to stay at the CR because I thought it was so cool how the monorail went right through the hotel!
Yes , indeed we did miss HM and I seriously don't know how we did , we are also a family that rides it several times . I don't know maybe it's because we were so involved in getting our character pictures and autographs this year we forgot to ride a lot of rides . LOL I mainly didn't like CBR because every where you went u had to walk a country mile to get there and I like to have the laundry,food court and main pool close by . At POFQ last year we stayed in the building on the left side of the pool but on the backside at POFQ , so there wasn't a lot of noise but we were close to everything . We didn't even do the refillable mugs this year because Old Port Royle was so far from our room in Aruba . The Poly is so lovely I'd say you were just being a little kid then , any kid would want to stay at the resort w/ the monorail going through it . Oh well maybe one day we will both get to stay at the Poly w/ our families

Almost forgot , great ending to May the 8Th We love the Mexico boat ride as well but yet again we didn't make it on this , this year either Boy did we miss a lot of rides now that I think about it . The night time pictures we so pretty , it's hard to take night time pictures , I have a hard time w/ it also .
Old 06-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #261
PiratesCove
Mouseketeer

Peter!

I can't believe you saw Peter We are so looking forward to our trip in July and on previous trips were told that Peter doesn't make appearances - I'm sure DD (7) will be hunting him down
WDW - All-Star Movies New Years 2006; WDW - Pop Century Aug 2007; DVC MEMBERS - February 2009; WDW - Saratoga Springs July 2009; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Nov 2009; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Jan 2011; Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise Sept 2012; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Sept 2012; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Sept 2013; Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise Sept 2013
Old 06-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #262
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. Park hopper do give you more flexibility. We have done it both ways and I don't know if the park hopper is worth the difference in the price for us and our budget, but it is nice to be able to go where you want, when you want. I love the parks at night when the lights are on.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #263
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I've heard CBR is really big, it's too bad you didn't get a room closer to everything! My favorite thing about POFQ was the small size! My family won't be staying at a deluxe anytime soon lol I think they are all lovely and have some wonderful amenities but I just wouldn't be able to justify the cost. Hmmm, unless Disney were to send me a very nice pin code.....then I suppose I could consider it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
I can't believe you saw Peter We are so looking forward to our trip in July and on previous trips were told that Peter doesn't make appearances - I'm sure DD (7) will be hunting him down
Whoever told you Peter doesn't make appearances is very mistaken! We have seen him on every trip we've taken! (Sometimes he's with Wendy )He is always a lot of fun to meet too! FYI-The Family Magic Tour offers some "special" time with Peter as he rides a ride with all the families at the end! We took that tour when Caitlin was 12 and we all had a blast! She rode next to him on IASW and he chatted nonstop throughout. When they got off she said "he needs to go on Ritalin" I hope you have a great time on your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. Park hopper do give you more flexibility. We have done it both ways and I don't know if the park hopper is worth the difference in the price for us and our budget, but it is nice to be able to go where you want, when you want. I love the parks at night when the lights are on.
The Park Hoppers are always a debate with us but I was so glad we got them! It was nice just to hop over somewhere else to eat or spend an hour and then hop to another. We got a lot of us out of it!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #264
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Saturday May 9-DHS!

On this day there were morning EMH at DHS so we were up and out the door early! We stopped at the food court and filled our mugs and I bought a muffin and ate at the bus stop. (Dale and Caitlin weren't hungry yet so they decided to wait) The bus arrvied at 7:30 and we were off to Hollywood! The lines at RD were very small and our pint sized princess squeezed her way up to the front of the crowd. At RD she was off and among the first people to get to the FP machine at (where else?) TSM! Dale and I felt no need to rush so we stopped and said "Good Morning" to Daisy and Minnie who were looking for some guests to greet. (I'm not crazy about the pics so I'm not posting them )

***FYI for parents with little ones-there were a lot of characters out at this point and everyone rushes past on the way to TSM. Have one parent get FP and the other take the kiddos to see the characters!

Dale loves Pixar movies and was blown away by this whole new area!

When we got to TSM Caitlin was already there with her FP. We were able to walk right through the queue and onto the ride!

(Mr. P was still asleep so we didn't seen him in action)

We soon jumped into our cars and our fierce Midway Mania Competition began! I rode with Dale since it was his first time and Caitlin rode alone. I'm not going to brag but guess who won.........yep! Yours truly! I need to gloat because this was the one and only time I won

When we got off we headed to TOT and RNRC to hit them before the park officially opened. While they rode I played Tinsel Town papparazzo....

After they rode TOT they decided to skip RNRC and it was already time to go back to TSM! On our way we ran into this little troublemaker...

We told him to "hang loose" and stay out of trouble! We rode TSM again (using FP) and this time I was with Caitlin and Dale rode with another "guest". It turned out this guest was a CM and told Dale all the "tricks" of the game. Yeah, he kicked our butts this time! When we got off we got another FP so we could ride again later! OUr next stop was to meet the toys in their new spot. This new meet and greet area is awesome! There are tons of photo-ops all the way through the queue (and you know we hit em all!) and it makes the wait a lot of fun! Here are Dale and Caitlin hamming it up.....

When we got to the front, the CM was an older woman and she made a big fuss about Caitlin's "Dean's List" pin and told Buzz and Woody. They both hugged and kissed her and then they started fighting over her. It was a lot of fun!

After our visit with the toys (um boys?) we headed toward Star Tours. There was about a 20 min wait so Dale and Caitlin got fast passes and we decided to take the Back Lot Tour since it was closed during our Dec. trip. This turned out to be a very good decision and ended up being one of the most memorable times of our vacation!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 06-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #265
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update We loved TSM also ! Can't wait to hear about your Backstage tour experience !
Old 06-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #266
thecapells
Disney Dad

TSM was blast but the rush to it at rope drop was insane.
I can't believe the CM's don't control that better like for Soarin' in EPCOT.
Good call sending Caitlin ahead and strolling over there leisurely.
We tried the opposite approach - I went for FastPasses while the rest of the family went slower but headed towards Stand-By.
When I was done I joined them since the line was still pretty short.
Then we came back later to use the FastPasses.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #267
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG - I don't know how I got so far behind on your TR, but I am now up to date. I am enjoying all your stories and your pictures. It seems like you are having such a fantastic time! Caitlin looks so cute in all her pictures. I need to borrow her to get my FP's for TSM!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #268
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG - I don't know how I got so far behind on your TR, but I am now up to date. I am enjoying all your stories and your pictures. It seems like you are having such a fantastic time! Caitlin looks so cute in all her pictures. I need to borrow her to get my FP's for TSM!
Thank you! I may be her mom but I agree she is a cutie! I just noticed your ticker! It says tomorrow you'll be at AKL! I hope you have an amazing time!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #269
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Great update Dawn! I love the Toy Story photo ops and you guys really took some cute pics in there. I love the way your DD poses in all of them. And in AUgust I have to locate this darn Cowboy Goofy! How have I missed him?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #270
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

I get to tell you all about my favorite memory of this year’s vacation!
When we got to the Back Lot Tour the line started moving and it got cut off right at us! Now we knew people are chosen to be in the pre show so I asked the CM if they needed people to be in it. She said YES! She grabbed my family and moved us over to the waiting area and asked which of us wanted to be in it. My mom and I chose to do it and my dad stayed out so he could take pictures and hold onto our things for us.
I was soo excited! I had always wanted to do this!
We were lead down the walkway and were told to put on our gear. Our gear consisted of very water proof pants, a jacket and boots. I was told I was going to be the mechanic and my mom was going to be the captain and two other people were going to be the deckhands.

We were told what we had to do and when we would have to do it and then we were lead out to the main area.

I was a little nervous about being the mechanic because I had seen this show before but I got into the room and sat down and waited for ACTION! My job was to answer the phone and move my mouth and whatever I did I could not look to the left of me!
Action was yelled and I started “yelling” into the phone and that’s when it happened….

Our ship had been torpedoed!

And it happened again…

Surprisingly I did not get wet! Those water proof outfits do their job!

I then had to pretend to be dry.

It was so much fun!
Now it was time for my mom to work her magic!
She had to look for the enemy planes.

Yell and scream when they were attacking.

She was a great captain!
We then got to watch the movie with all of the special effects added.

Then we took our bow and left the area to go ride the Back Lot Tour!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: