Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #241
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Up!

We just got back from seeing the new Disney/Pixar film UP. This movie is absolutely wonderful and I totally encourage you to go see this movie this weekend! It is a beautiful love story and a fun action filled adventure all in one! Dale, Caitlin and I all loved this movie! We went to an early matinee and it was filled with teens and adults since most of the kiddos were still in school. It is rated pg so it might not be suitable for some little ones but it is destined to become a Disney classic! Trust me, you do not want to miss this movie!

PS-In the trailers they announced Toy Story 3 comes out June 18,2010!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #242
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
We just got back from seeing the new Disney/Pixar film UP. This movie is absolutely wonderful and I totally encourage you to go see this movie this weekend! It is a beautiful love story and a fun action filled adventure all in one! Dale, Caitlin and I all loved this movie! We went to an early matinee and it was filled with teens and adults since most of the kiddos were still in school. It is rated pg so it might not be suitable for some little ones but it is destined to become a Disney classic! Trust me, you do not want to miss this movie!

PS-In the trailers they announced Toy Story 3 comes out June 18,2010!
I really wanted to take the kids to see this and from your description I want to take them even more now . It sounds like a great movie , I've been disappointed in a lot of the latest WDW movies but it sounds like Up may be the turn around . I'm soo excited you shared the Toy Story 3 information , both my DS love the first two , can't wait to take them to 3 now !
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #243
PiratesCove
Mouseketeer

I have been addicted to both of your threads! Thanks for such excellent reports. I love the idea of Tink gifts. When did you start them? We are taking DD (7) for her 3rd trip and DD (1) for her first at the end of July. I know the effect would be wasted on a 1 and half year old but the older one would love it!
Also, I noticed somewhere else on your thread (I think) about Pixie Hollow in MK. It is a new addition in Toontown? We haven't been since 2007, so going this summer sounds like we're in for a lot of new stuff!
WDW - All-Star Movies New Years 2006; WDW - Pop Century Aug 2007; DVC MEMBERS - February 2009; WDW - Saratoga Springs July 2009; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Nov 2009; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Jan 2011; Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise Sept 2012; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Sept 2012; WDW - AKL Kidani Village Sept 2013; Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise Sept 2013
Old 05-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #244
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn & Caitlin! I'm enjoying your report so far. I'm all caught up...

That's great news about Toy Story 3 - Toy Story is one of Zach's new favorites since our last trip.

Looks like you guys had great visits at AK & Epcot. We did one Kim Possible Mission - Japan - and it looks like it was different than yours. I know what you mean about missing out on some of the surprise factor when there were lots of other people around doing the same mission. It was fun though. I wish we had done more missions.

I just want to comment on something that I find really funny... I can always tell mom from daughter in your updates, not just by the colors but because Dawn uses a nice big font for those of us who are starting to find it difficult to stare at tiny font on the computer! Thanks Dawn!!

Can't wait to read more!!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #245
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
I really wanted to take the kids to see this and from your description I want to take them even more now . It sounds like a great movie , I've been disappointed in a lot of the latest WDW movies but it sounds like Up may be the turn around . I'm soo excited you shared the Toy Story 3 information , both my DS love the first two , can't wait to take them to 3 now !
We really did love Up and from the amount of money it took in over the weekend it sounds like a lot of other people did too! Did you get a chance to see it? Dale is very excited about the new Toy Story movie too and all the original voices are back!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
I have been addicted to both of your threads! Thanks for such excellent reports. I love the idea of Tink gifts. When did you start them? We are taking DD (7) for her 3rd trip and DD (1) for her first at the end of July. I know the effect would be wasted on a 1 and half year old but the older one would love it!
Also, I noticed somewhere else on your thread (I think) about Pixie Hollow in MK. It is a new addition in Toontown? We haven't been since 2007, so going this summer sounds like we're in for a lot of new stuff!
Aww thank you! I heard about "Tink gifts" on the disboards last year when I was planning Caitlin's "graduation" trip to WDW. I thought it would add a little extra magic to have a gift each morning so I tried it out. We had so much fun with them that we did it again in Dec. when we took my mom. So now it is our tradition and we will probably always have them. The gifts vary in size and cost and sometimes include pixie dust (Mickey confetti in our case) I try and have the gift match the park we are going to that day. For example, DH got a Mickey tee when we were going to MK or Caitlin got something HSM when we were going to DHS. I have as much fun planning and wrapping them at home as they do opening them. I'm sure your girls would love getting gifts whether the little one "gets" the Tink idea or not. Who doesn't love presents? Pixie Hollow opened sometime late last year (we were there April 08 and it wasnt there but by Dec it was) and it is so fun! It is in the Judge's Tent in ToonTown and Tink is there along with 2 pals. (the 4 pals rotate) The meet and greet area is adorable (they shrink you to fairy size)and the fairies are just like their counterparts from the movies ! Make sure you get there early though! This can have very long waits!
Thanks for posting! We hope you stick with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Dawn & Caitlin! I'm enjoying your report so far. I'm all caught up...

That's great news about Toy Story 3 - Toy Story is one of Zach's new favorites since our last trip.

Looks like you guys had great visits at AK & Epcot. We did one Kim Possible Mission - Japan - and it looks like it was different than yours. I know what you mean about missing out on some of the surprise factor when there were lots of other people around doing the same mission. It was fun though. I wish we had done more missions.

I just want to comment on something that I find really funny... I can always tell mom from daughter in your updates, not just by the colors but because Dawn uses a nice big font for those of us who are starting to find it difficult to stare at tiny font on the computer! Thanks Dawn!!

Can't wait to read more!!

Glad you're with us! I know you're busy with the boys and your own trip report! We did have a great trip! My DF thinks we are nuts going to WDW so often but we just love it! There are always new things to see and do! Kim Possible was a lot of fun! Next time you guys will have to try another country! As for the size I had never really thought about it until Dale recently had to get reading glasses. (he's not happy about it either ) then I realized I should make the fonts bigger. Glad you like it!

***I had hoped to post an update today but it will have to wait. I have to take Caitlin to the doctor's. We did the 24 hour Relay for Life over the weekend and now she is sick. Her dad and I left around 11 on Saturday night to sleep in our own beds and care for the dogs but she and her bf stayed. Those 2 participated in every event that went on all night. At midnight it was a New Year's theme and she even walked the course in heels and a dress!(their enthusiasm did bring our team the 2 team spirit awards ) I had hoped they wouldn't push themselves too hard but I guess she overdid it. Hopefully she will be feeling better very soon! But I need to go and get ready for the doctor's visit so I hope you all have a good day!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #246
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We really did love Up and from the amount of money it took in over the weekend it sounds like a lot of other people did too! Did you get a chance to see it? Dale is very excited about the new Toy Story movie too and all the original voices are back!
No, we didn't get to go see it over the weekend , not much on the regular movie theater . We will probably wait and see if they bring it out at the base movie theater cause they only charge a 1$ a piece for the adults and kids 6 and under are free , so it only costs us 2$ . LOL Or we will just buy it when it comes out on DVD.

That's awesome that there bringing all the original voices back ! I can't wait !
Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #247
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I saw UP this weekend, and I loved it too.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #248
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
No, we didn't get to go see it over the weekend , not much on the regular movie theater . We will probably wait and see if they bring it out at the base movie theater cause they only charge a 1$ a piece for the adults and kids 6 and under are free , so it only costs us 2$ . LOL Or we will just buy it when it comes out on DVD.

That's awesome that there bringing all the original voices back ! I can't wait !
Wow 2$ to take the whole family to the movies?! Thats great! For that price I'd wait for it to come out on base too! Well, when they do get it you guys will have to catch it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I saw UP this weekend, and I loved it too.
I'm so glad you loved it too! If Caitlin's up to it (no pun intended) we're going to go see it again with my mom on Saturday!

I haven't been able to post an update for a few days since Caitlin's been sick and I don't know how to upload the pics to Photobucket. I'm happy to report though that she's feeling better (we still don't know what she has/had and we're waiting on bloodwork ) and this morning she uploaded the pics of our MK day so I am going to get started on our next post!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 AM   #249
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry Caitlin is sick. Hope she feels better soon!

It's pretty easy to upload to Photobucket. If you go into the site, I bet you can figure it out. I only say this because I am terrible with computers and I don't recall it being above my limited capabilities.

I am looking forward to your next installment, so that's why I am being so pushy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #250
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

May 8 Continued~MK DAY!

We took the bus from the Beach Club and arrived in time for the Welcome Show! We love the opening show at MK and you will find all 3 of us singing along loudly
(albeit off key ) to the Good Morning song.
Our plan this morning was to hit Tomorrowland first thing. When they dropped the rope we followed the crowds toward Tomorrowland but took the Noodle Station shortcut that we'd heard about on these boards. This works great! We ended up being right at the rope and when the park "officially" opened we were right behind the CMs and among the first on Buzz! At the end of our ride Dale had of course racked up the most points with me coming in last However, after we got off Caitlin was captured by Zurg

After we rescued her, we realized there was still no wait for Buzz so we walked through the queue and back on for a second time!

After our second ride we headed over to

Astro Orbiter. None of us had ever ridden this and Caitlin was anxious to try it out. This ride didn't appeal to Dale or me so we let her venture into space on a solo mission. She thought the ride was "cool" but it wasn't impressive enough to make her "must-do" list for future visits.

When she got back to Earth we headed over to visit those Kings of Comedy at the Monster Inc. Laugh Floor. We love this attraction and always make a point of catching the show!

Caitlin was really hoping Dale would get chosen to be "That Guy" but it didn't happen. In fact, this was the first time none of us even got on the screen. I guess they just didn't recognize our star quality!

After our comedy show we decided we were in need of a little adventure. So it was off to..where else? Adventureland!
On our way Dale got this beautiful shot of the castle...

Look how empty this is!

As soon as we arrived in Adventureland we ran into an old friend...

there was no wait so we had to stop and say hello!
We then had to stop so Caitlin could get that Disboard must have drink..the one the only

The Dole Whip! I must admit that I am not of fan of these and I do not get what all the fuss is about.
With the Dole Whip in hand we headed off to take our Jungle Cruise. We this and never miss it! This time we were excited because Caitlin has a college friend who is doing the CP as a Jungle Cruise Captain and we were hoping to catch his take on the campy jokes but it turned out he had the day off. We were disappointed but there was no wait so we were able to walk right on! Dale is a true adventurerer and had his camera ready to capture shots of those elusive animals....

When we returned to dock we decided our next adventure would be as pirates! I have loved POTC since I was 6 and the addition of Johnny Depp has only made this ride better! There was about a 10 minute wait but the time passed quickly and we were able to catch some of the theming in the queue that we'd missed before!

*Continued in next post*

Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #251
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

After our Carribean cruise we saw yet another old pal. There was a short line to meet with that boy who never grew up! We hopped in line to get a pic with Peter. He was so cute and he immediately pointed to Caitlin's pin and tried to phonetically sound out "Dean's List". He asked her what that meant (since he is unschooled) and then congratulated her. It was a really cute coversation!

After our time with Peter we were off to the Frontier and we immediately ran into this guy

We'd never seen Goofy in his western garb so that was pretty fun! By this time it was nearly 11:00 and it was not busy at all. We decided to ride BTMRR since it only had a 10 minute wait! We got fast passes for SM so we could ride that later in the day. After our ride, we decided to go over to Tom Sawyer's Island since we had never been there. I'm not really sure how I've managed to never go there but we were glad we finally made it!
It is really cool over there to explore the caves and rope bridges and I kept thinking how much Caitlin would have loved this when she was 5! (so if you have little ones put this on your "must do" list)

We saw one family over here having a secluded picnic which looked like fun!
When we'd had enough island exploring we decided to head back to shore and grab some lunch since we were all getting a little hungry. We decided to try Columbia Harbor House since so many dissers recommend it. We got 2 meals and split them 3 ways. Since we'd had a big breakfast and we had a special dinner planned this was enough food. I'm not sure it would be big enough for big eaters to share though. We got a table upstairs but there were several birds flying around which freaked Caitlin out! As we ate we discussed how we should spend our afternoon since we'd already seen so much! You'll have to wait for our next post though to hear about the rest of our day

Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #252
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I hope Caitlin feels better soon. Why does blood work take so long?

I enjoyed your update. You got a nice picture of Caitlin with Peter Pan. We have never been to Tom Sawyer Island either. Maybe we will try to do that next time. I have heard that a lot of people like it. Can't wait to hear what you do next.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #253
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow 2$ to take the whole family to the movies?! Thats great! For that price I'd wait for it to come out on base too! Well, when they do get it you guys will have to catch it!
Yes , only $2 to get in can you believe it ? For a medium popcorn & two medium drinks it's on $4.75 . Sooo cheap our total spent when we go is usually as much as just the price of one ticket at the regular theater . LOL

Great update The picture of the castle is gorgeous We really love the Buzz Lightyear Ride & Pirates of the Caribbean also , there both on our must do list when we go ! The Character pictures are adorable , I wish we would have saw Peter Pan I know what u mean about the Dole Whips , there very good but , thought it would be a little more , the way the people on here rave about it ! LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #254
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

MK Day Continued

After we finished eating we decided to head over to the Haunted Mansion.

The posted wait was 10 minutes but we walked right into the house! When we exited the parlor though...IT HAPPENED! Apparently the ride had been broken and no one was boarding but they kept letting more and more and MORE people in. Suddenly we were stuck in this huge crowd and surrounded by.....a MIDDLE SCHOOL TOUR GROUP!!!!!! Being stuck in this loud, rude group was much scarier than any Haunted Mansion could ever hope to be! They were pushing and yelling and thats just their teachers (no joke!) I could not wait to board and get away from this craziness! Finally it was time to board our doombuggy and the ghosts were a welcome relief from the school kids!
When we got out of there we decided to check out Fantasyland even though it would be our first stop on our other MK day. Peter Pan had its usual 40 minute wait so we didn't stop. Instead we got in line for my old school favorite...It's a Small World. I this and much to my family's dismay I must ride this EVERY TIME I am in MK! While we were in line Caitlin mentioned that she wished she could see the clock open. Well we must have gotten some because right after she said that, this happened...

It was really neat to see the clock open and inside there are numbers and little toy soldiers! It gave our ride a little extra (and made it more tolerable for my family)

We decided to head back toward Frontierland and use our Splash Mtn fast passes. On our way we stopped at the Shootin Gallery and we each tried our hand at being sharpshooters. This was a lot of fun and a cheap activity!

Our next stop was to visit those talented bears at the Country Bear Jamboree. (Caitlin and Dale usually find this a great opportunity to take a nap in the cool, dark air-conditioned room. ) I love the little girls in their bonnets! They are so cute!

When we got to Splash Mountain Dale informed us he wouldn't be coming. He used the camera as his "excuse" but I know he just doesn't care much for the water rides.

Caitlin and I love water rides but hate getting wet so we take those handy dandy little ponchos from Target to keep us dry! This turned out to not be our most enjoyable ride ever. We had this young guy behind us who never shut up! He talked through the whole ride but he never really seemed to say anything . It was very annoying and took away from the ride we know and love!

When we got off we found Dale and decided to head back to our hotel and rest before our dinner adr. On our way out we stopped at Guest Relations and upgraded our tickets to hoppers. This was really easy and took only a couple minutes! When we got to the bus stop a POR bus was waiting so we hopped on and then took a nice boat ride from POR to POFQ. We loved the boat ride and it turned out this was to be the first of many boat rides we'd enjoy! When we got to the hotel I noticed the Bounceback Offer and had Dale call and get a price. We already had our fall trip "on hold" but I wanted to make sure we were getting the best deal. Well, turns out free dining is a better deal than bounceback so our next call was to our TA. We told her to go ahead and book our "Dawn and Dale Only" trip for Sept! This was the first time we'd ever booked a return trip while we were enjoying a trip! Pretty cool! After giving Disney more money it was time to head to dinner. We weren't in the mood to wait for a bus so we took a cab to the Poly for our Ohana dinner. Cab fare was $13 plus tip so it wasn't too bad. When we walked in they were handing out leis so we each had to get one! After we checked in we waited at the bar til our table was ready. On this particular evening Dale quickly became a fan of Disney's "Adult" beverages! (fyi he preferred the Backscratcher to the famous LapuLapu)

After a brief wait we were seated. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to eating here but I knew Dale and Caitlin would love it so I was excited for them. Well it turned out I loved it! This meal and the service were so good and the atmosphere was so fun and lively that we all enjoyed ourselves! Dale and I liked it so much that it is on our short list for Sept too! I can't wait to go back here! When we finished our delicious meal we decided we were ready to go back to a park! My original plan was to go back to MK but since we had the hoppers, we could go anywhere! Hmmm where should we go?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #255
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
That's really funny - I was also at rope drop that morning and walked with the cast members all the way to Soarin'!
I'm surprised we didn't see each other earlier!
You must have went in a special way!!

But it was great meeting you later in the day.
Very random coincidence but it's really cool to run into people you've chatted with on the boards!
I called my wife and she couldn't believe it.
Talk about a Small World.

And I'm so glad the trip report was helpful (now if I can only finish it!!)
Too bad that Imagination picture didn't come out - the computer crashed right when I went to send it.
And in hindsight, I can't believe we didn't take a group picture altogether!
We'll have to make sure we do it next time we meet!
Now, back to your report - it's so cool hearing someone else's perspective on the same day!!
And under the It's a Small World category my daughter was one of the opening CMs for Soarin' that morning!

Liz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: