Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #226
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Spoiler alert: Kim possible

Now I am not going to give full run downs on each mission because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I know how it is because I was working on the France mission and a woman came over and said here's a clue go over to that door! I didn't say sssshhhh I don't want your help I can do this on my own I didn't want to be rude but it was funny because we still got lost trying to find it

Okay so first up we hit the United Kingdom.
This was our first mission of the day and I was pumped I had heard so much about this and I was anxious to try it out!
Here are a couple pictures from it

Seriously all of the effects made my jaw drop! It is amazing what Disney has done and it is all hidden away so if you aren't looking for it you wouldn't notice it! This was one of our favorite missions! The ending for this one was my favorite.
As a give away we got a Twining tea bag.

Our next adventure took place in France. The nice thing about the missions is that you can take a break for lunch as long as you pick your next mission before you take a break. I had a hard time re-starting mine after we took a break for lunch because I had just left the Kimmunicator to sit for a while.

Pics from France

This one was just okay. We did get to check out France thoroughly which is probably the best part of doing the missions. We got to see a lot we wouldn't have normally so take time out of your day to do at least one mission.

Next we were on to Japan! This one is really cool! I also found out that every time you get a mission it changes so you never do everything twice!

Pics from Japan

We went country to country so next on our list was Germany. At this point later in the day a lot of people were doing missions so it wasn't as surprising. I would recommend doing it earlier in the day so by rush hour you're done.

Germany pics

Germany was a fun mission. I felt that this one had a lot of the clues out in the open and it wasn't as hidden away as the other countries were.

China was another favorite. We had never been past the gates to China before so we definitely saw a lot more than we ever had!

Now by the end of this mission we were getting tired! We had been doing this all day with only minor breaks and we got the one country that had the most running around... Norway! It was a lot of back and forth back and forth to the same places! This one we disliked because of the energy it took out of us!

After that we headed on to our last mission. Mexico was cute and since it is limited to one area it didn't involve too much walking.

Mexico probably had the least stuff though which was disappointing since the other countries had so much going on.

Overall I loved Kim Possible it was a ton of fun and I can't wait to go back and do it again! Each mission took about 15 minutes which isn't too bad but if you have younger ones you might just want to do one or two a day because it does take a lot out of you.

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #227
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
We followed the CMs to Soarin and Dale and Caitlin were the first ones to ride that day! Thank you Mr. Photographer!! While they rode once I got them fast passes to ride again later in the day. When they got off we did the Living with the Land boat ride which we hadn't done in years! Then we did Nemo,Crush and Figment all by 10am! When we were looking around the Imagination Building we had a suprise DisMeet! I noticed this man who looked familiar but I couldn't quite place him. Then I saw he was on one the computers and I saw the pic he took of himself. Then I recognized him! I called Cait over to confirm it and she agreed so we decided to cautiously approach. We didn't want him to think we were nuts ESPECIALLY if we were wrong! Anyway, he was from the Dis and we met thecapells It was fun meeting someone and really nice to meet someone whose trip report we had not only enjoyed but learned from! When we left there we headed toward the butterfly garden.
That's really funny - I was also at rope drop that morning and walked with the cast members all the way to Soarin'!
I'm surprised we didn't see each other earlier!
You must have went in a special way!!

But it was great meeting you later in the day.
Very random coincidence but it's really cool to run into people you've chatted with on the boards!
I called my wife and she couldn't believe it.
Talk about a Small World.

And I'm so glad the trip report was helpful (now if I can only finish it!!)
Too bad that Imagination picture didn't come out - the computer crashed right when I went to send it.
And in hindsight, I can't believe we didn't take a group picture altogether!
We'll have to make sure we do it next time we meet!
Now, back to your report - it's so cool hearing someone else's perspective on the same day!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #228
thecapells
Disney Dad

We must've kept running by each other.
I started the UK Kim Possible at 11 (thought it was one of the better ones with Germany and China).
And then I detoured quickly to Canada before hitting the France mission.
But I can attest to the fact that each time is different since I do not recognize some of the pics from China - we must've had different clues!!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #229
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
That's really funny - I was also at rope drop that morning and walked with the cast members all the way to Soarin'!
I'm surprised we didn't see each other earlier!
You must have went in a special way!!

But it was great meeting you later in the day.
Very random coincidence but it's really cool to run into people you've chatted with on the boards!
I called my wife and she couldn't believe it.
Talk about a Small World.

And I'm so glad the trip report was helpful (now if I can only finish it!!)
Too bad that Imagination picture didn't come out - the computer crashed right when I went to send it.
And in hindsight, I can't believe we didn't take a group picture altogether!
We'll have to make sure we do it next time we meet!
Now, back to your report - it's so cool hearing someone else's perspective on the same day!!
I too thought afterward that we should have taken a picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
We must've kept running by each other.
I started the UK Kim Possible at 11 (thought it was one of the better ones with Germany and China).
And then I detoured quickly to Canada before hitting the France mission.
But I can attest to the fact that each time is different since I do not recognize some of the pics from China - we must've had different clues!!
We really enjoyed Kim Possible and felt the whole thing was very well planned and executed! Its really cool that you could do it again and get a different
"mission". We just followed the missions around from the UK to Mexico and saw the sights while we were in each country. It did take a long time though!

It's so funny that we seem to have been on the same plan that day and didn't see each other more!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #230
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
It's so funny that we seem to have been on the same plan that day
Great DIS'ers think alike!!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #231
princesscaitlinsgram
Earning My Ears

Wink Warning Proud Mom Post :)

I just wanted to say how proud I am of my DGD too.
She is beautiful, smart, caring and a lot of fun. I have been very impressed with her writing ability and don't know where she put all the food she has written about as she is a tiny little thing! My daughter and son in law have done a great job!! Love you.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #232
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Great update!!! I just love the pics from Epcot!!!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #233
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

I love Catlin's purse soo cute !

Kim Possible missions sound like so much fun and the pictures are great , it sounds like you get to really explore each country . We got to really check them out when we did the kid cot fun stops for the first time this year . Don't know if my kiddies will be ready for Kim Possible the next time we go because of there ages but I would def love to do it with them ! Thanks for sharing
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #234
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Great update!!! I just love the pics from Epcot!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
I love Catlin's purse soo cute !

Kim Possible missions sound like so much fun and the pictures are great , it sounds like you get to really explore each country . We got to really check them out when we did the kid cot fun stops for the first time this year . Don't know if my kiddies will be ready for Kim Possible the next time we go because of there ages but I would def love to do it with them ! Thanks for sharing

The purse is very cute but it was on the pricey side. IMO the dress was a better deal but it is a cute purse for summer and she has been using it so...

KP is great and so much fun! For a family with younger kids I would suggest maybe doing 1 mission,probably Germany or the UK, just to get the experience. It wouldn't be too difficult for them but they might get bored with it. If nothing else, I bet even the youngest ones would enjoy "talking" to Kim and her pals on the phone!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #235
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Epcot Continued

When Caitlin left off last we had just finished Kim Possible. I must say being a globetrotting crime fighter is EXHAUSTING! I was beat by the time we finished in Mexico so I felt a leisurely cruise was in order! We walked onto the Mexico ride and it felt good to sit down! Even though this is one of the simplest "rides" in WDW I think its fun. I really like that they've added Donald and his Caballeros! When we got off the boat we dropped our Kimmunicator in the bin outside and headed over to the Cantina. Dale wanted a DosEquis and Caitlin and I needed some caffeine! (Caitlin failed to mention that as we traveled the world Dale got to sample its finest beverages ) While we were recuperating we ran into thecapells dad
again! Our second dismeet and both times we forgot to get a pic! Next time we have a suprise dismeet we'll be ready though! After our drinks we spotted Mexican Donald! Caitlin loves Donald and the Mexican one always flirts with her! Last year he was with his pals and they were all fighting over
her! It was hilarious! Anyway we got a lot of cute pics of Caitlin and Donald...

Then we headed toward Future World for TT and MS. TT only had a short wait and then we were zooming off to test our car! I'm not one for thrill rides but I this one! It is so much fun! When we got off Caitlin wanted to do MS as it only had a 20 minute wait. However, her dad wasn't up for it. He was afraid he'd be paying for that sampling he did earlier so we skipped MS. The only thing we hadn't done in FW that we wanted to was Spaceship Earth so we headed there!

This isn't my favorite ride but since we usually do it late in the day we always walk right on and then its nice to just sit and relax and enjoy a break! I do like the end where you get to animate yourself. Dale and I liked the pics that ride took of us better than any of the others we took that day! I should have taken a pic of our pic but o well. Maybe next time!

After SE we waited for a bus back to POFQ. When we got back Dale and Caitlin were both hungry so they grabbed dinner in the food court. As we sat there I was shocked by all the people using old mugs in the food court. The mugs I saw were so old they were the resort specific ones that haven't been around for a while! I never saw any of the staff say anything so maybe Disney doesn't care? IDK but it seemed kind of cheap and tacky to me but to each his own! After dinner we headed to the hot tub. It felt so good to soak my feet after walking in the heat all day!!! We were all exhausted so we called it a day and hit the sack! We had another early adr we had to be up bright and early for so we needed our beauty sleep!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #236
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

May 8th

Once again I was up VERY EARLY, eager for the day since we'd be heading to my favorite park! Yes we'd arrived 2 days ago and it was finally time to visit Magic Kingdom!! Our day of course began with Tink gifts. For today's gift I gave Caitlin a grab bag of Disney pins I'd purchased on Ebay. She loved this and had so much fun pin trading with Cm's the rest of our vacation!

This particular morning we were headed to our second,and last, character breakfast! This time we were headed to the Beach Club to dine at Cape May. We had Bell Services get us a cab and in no time we were at BC. The cab fare was only $11 plus tip so it was very reasonable! We had never been to Cape May but Caitlin had heard good things about it on the Dis so we had to give it a try! The first thing we noticed was how cutely decorated it was! I loved all the beach theming with the sandcastles and the "antique" children's bathing suits!

The buffet here was huge and everything looked wonderful! This was a delicious breakfast and we all ate our fill! We were seated very near the entrance so we were one of the first tables to be visited by each character. There was fun interaction and yet it was a little quieter than some of the other character meals. Our adr was for 8 and they were not at all busy so the characters all must have stopped 2 or 3 times. It was a great way to start our day!

We took our time eating and visiting with our old pals and still had enough time to catch a bus to MK and be there at rope drop!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #237
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your latest update. I love the costumes on the characters at the Cape May Cafe. They are so cute. Makes me want to go back there, but I'm visiting Ohana's instead this visit.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #238
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

I've been secretely keeping up with your whole report but haven't had time to post! Great report and photos so far! I can't wait to try the Kim Possible stuff at Epcot, seems like a nice change. And side note... I LOVE Caitlin's blue tube top!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #239
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update , what a nice ending to your Epcot day Love pictures of Cape May , looks like the Breakfast would be a lot of fun , did the dinner there two years ago and had terrible service and vowed never to go back but now seeing your pic's I think I would be willing to go back for breakfast
Old 05-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #240
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Kim Possible sounds like fun. I think my 13 yr. old daughter would love it. I don't know that my 6 yr. old son would stand for it though. Maybe next time we go he will be a little more patient than he is now.

Me DH DD DS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: