Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #196
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Let the Parade Begin!

When Caitlin left off we were waiting for the parade to begin. Suddenly, we heard music and then the parade rounded the corner! This parade is awesome! The performers wear these amazing colorful "costumes" (sort of like the Lion King Broadway show) and the music is infectious! I dare you to go to this parade and try not to . I don't think its possible!

The floats are really cool too with bubbles and smells! And so many characters!! We were so glad we finally made it to this parade!

After the parade, we went directly across the street and walked right into the Bug's Life. Now we have been to this attraction many times (including as recently as Dec) but I must admit that those bugs always kinda creep me out!
I really don't like the part where they are walking under you!

When we left the Bugs we headed over to Kali River Rapids. The posted wait was 20 but I think we made it through in about 10! This is another attraction with a really detailed queue. Usually we do this as a FP so we miss all the great theming. It was nice to be able to take our time and look around. We saw a lot of lizards here! We also noticed that many "guests" seem to be defacing this attraction. There is one "room" that is set up like an office and people have written all over the walls. I don't understand how people can be so disrespectful! Anyway, we boarded with 6 other folks with whom we quickly became acquainted. You see the ride "broke" right after we boarded! We were stuck for about 10 minutes but we got to meet some nice people from Texas, Georgia and Alaska! Once the ride started again it still seemed not quite right. None of us even got wet I'm not complaining..who likes walking around wet?....but the others were all first timers and we felt bad they didn't get the "full effect" of the ride. When we got off the park was just starting EMH and everyone seemed to be leaving! In the past I always listened to those "touring experts" who warn you to avoid EMH. At least this time around, they were completely wrong! On this trip we found most guests to be daytrippers or staying offsite. EMH were empty at every park!

So we headed to the safari with our FP. Turned out we didn't need them. We walked right on! We asked the CM for the front row since we discovered in Dec. what a great view you get from there! This ride always amazes me! You really feel so close to the animals its so cool! We manage to see different animals each time we ride so its unique everytime! Love it!

After our safari we decided to catch the last showing of the Lion King. We arrived just as it was beginning! We got seats and got ready to sing along! The Lion King was one of Caitlin's favorites when she was 4 and you parents know that if a 3 or 4 yr old loves a movie they watch it till they (and you) know every line by heart! We still know all the music and had fun singing along. I must admit I got a little misty picturing 4 yr old Caitlin singing "I Just Can't Wait to be King" while wearing a Simba Halloween costume. Thats one of the reasons I love Disney. The most magical moments of my childhood and my child's childhood involved Disney! The parks, the movies, the tv shows.... Just an integral part of childhood! Anyway, we enjoyed the show (those trampolining monkeys are so cool!) and when we got out we decided it was time to leave and head to dinner.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #197
thecapells
Disney Dad

Nice update!
But I must disagree.
I LOOOOVE the bugs that crawl past you on the way out of It's Tough to Be a Bug!
I make sure I'm leaning all the way back just so I can feel them.
I thought that's such a great touch to the already pretty cool movie!
Keep up the great work on the TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #198
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I have never seen the Bug's Life show and I am glad. I HATE bugs. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to try it. It sounds like you had a great day at the Animal Kingdom.

Me DH DD DS
Old 05-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #199
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

awesome updates and photos so far! I'm not a huge Bug Life person either.. I'll probably be skipping it next time
Old 05-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #200
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

great update! Mickey's JJP is a wonderful parade! i love the big stick figures!

Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #201
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great AK update and pictures The part you wrote about DD and the Lion King reminded me of my oldest DS , he's 5 now but when he was 2 we had to watch Buzzlightyear 1 and 2 till I thought we may have wore out the DVD. LOL Then when he was 3 & 4 we wore out the Pirates Of The Caribbean DVD 's , then this past year it was the Nightmare Before Christmas , over and over again. The funny thing is though my other two really haven't gotten into any movies like he has . LOL
Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #202
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

When we headed out of AK we decided to head over to DTD. Caitlin had read great things about Wolfgang Puck Express and was anxious to go there for dinner.

When we got there we were impressed that it was considered a cs credit. You do place your own order but there is a waitstaff that seats you, brings your food and refills your beverages.Dale and Caitlin loved the food! (if you're following Cait's dining report you already know all this )

After they ate (and I stole Dale's dessert ) it was time for one of my favorite hobbies...SHOPPING! Our first stop was the "new" boutique TrendE.

This is in what used to be the girl's surf/bathing suit type shop. This place is adorable and has a lot of really cute things! Caitlin got a really cute summer knit dress (complete with little Mickey's) and she got a purse that is made from recycled candy bars. They have one style in Mickey wrappers and the other is in Timon wrappers. She got the Timon because it was orange and looked summery.(if anyone interested I can post the pics of the dress +/or purse) This shop is perfect for the teen/young women set. It is bright and colorful and has things you can't find at every other Disney store.

After we left TrendE we were off to check out the TRex Restaurant.

Caitlin wanted to make her bf a stuffed dino since he had wanted to be a Paleontologist when he was a kid. TRex was packed,mostly with little boys, and they were all making dinos. Making the dino is pretty much the same as build-a-bear. You choose the body, take it to be stuffed, you put a little heart in it and the CM sews it up. You then get to use their computers to make a "birth certificate" and name your new friend. My 18yr old had fun so you know all the kiddos did too While Caitlin finished up, Dale and I looked around just as a meteor shower hit! This place is really cool and has so much to look at! Both the store and restaurant seem to be doing a booming business! The CM we talked to said Spring Break was so busy they never had time to breathe! By the time she finished and paid it was nearly 9 and we were all getting tired. We took a bus back to POFQ and thankfully our checked luggage was waiting in the room. I did a quick unpacking and we hit the hay happy and exhausted from a wonderful first day back at the Happiest Place on Earth!

***by the way-the dino was a big hit! ***

Old 05-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #203
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Great update!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #204
thecapells
Disney Dad

T-Rex was a blast. The kids (7,4,and 2) loved it as did The Big Kid (me).
And the food was surprisingly good.
There's also a Paleo Zone out back where kids can dig for dinosaur bones and fossils a la the Boneyard in Animal Kingdom.
All in all, a great addition to Downtown Disney.

Looking forward to your next segment!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #205
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update We were really impressed with Wolfgang Puck Express also That new store had really pretty things but I wasn't willing to pay the prices , had my kids been your DD age though I would have def spent the money . LOL I just never spend the money on myself like I do the kids .LOL
Old 05-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #206
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Great update We were really impressed with Wolfgang Puck Express also That new store had really pretty things but I wasn't willing to pay the prices , had my kids been your DD age though I would have def spent the money . LOL I just never spend the money on myself like I do the kids .LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
T-Rex was a blast. The kids (7,4,and 2) loved it as did The Big Kid (me).
And the food was surprisingly good.
There's also a Paleo Zone out back where kids can dig for dinosaur bones and fossils a la the Boneyard in Animal Kingdom.
All in all, a great addition to Downtown Disney.

Looking forward to your next segment!
I bet your kiddos loved TRex! That place is so cool! We didn't see the dig site. That sounds fun too!

Thanks! Glad you liked WPE too! TrendE was very cool and is a nice addition to DTD. Actually, if you compare the prices there to a "princess" dress for a little one we got off cheap! (although I do wish BBB had been around when Caitlin was little!)
Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #207
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I would love to see pictures of the purse. My son built a dino when we were there. He LOVES Build-a-Bear so we knew we would end up with a dino.

Me DH DD DS
Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #208
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Wow a new store? I didn't know about that. I would love to see the pics of her dress and the purse to show my girls. We love DTD and any new store is exciting!!

Thank you!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #209
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Thanks! Glad you liked WPE too! TrendE was very cool and is a nice addition to DTD. Actually, if you compare the prices there to a "princess" dress for a little one we got off cheap! (although I do wish BBB had been around when Caitlin was little!)
Your Welcome I do agree w/ you there TrendE is a very nice addition to DTD , the stuff is so different than what u see at the other stores I guess your right about the prices , they do charge like $30 for the little ones princess dresses , which is highway robbery for little kids clothes . Well Caitlin could still do BBB now . LOL Your never to old for the magic of Disney !
Old 05-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #210
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

I have been meaning to post and let you know that you that I am very impressed with your daughter's kindness and generosity in the "Disboutique Big Give". When I realized that she was in college and taking the time to send pixie dust to all that she does...WOW! You have obviously raised a great young lady! You (and she) should be proud!

Lynn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: