Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #181
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Oh girl I sanitize my room every single time. You never know what was in there before you....Swine Flu isn't nearly as bad as some other things you could catch. Clorox wipes, lysol, and even lice spray for the beds! I've heard a lot of stories about lice, bed bugs, and boogars.

I'm bookmarking now so I can keep up. Can't wait to see what all happens!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #182
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Oh girl I sanitize my room every single time. You never know what was in there before you....Swine Flu isn't nearly as bad as some other things you could catch. Clorox wipes, lysol, and even lice spray for the beds! I've heard a lot of stories about lice, bed bugs, and boogars.

I'm bookmarking now so I can keep up. Can't wait to see what all happens!
Hey there!
I guess before this flu scare I never gave much thought to all the germs and gross things that could be lurking in the room. I'm real glad I never heard about the lice or boogers! EW! Anyway, as the week progressed I was real glad I had wiped down everything because I came to realize all the housekeeper was doing was leaving towels and making the beds. I don't think she ever actually "cleaned" anything so I was glad that I had! We hope to have a new post up later today!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #183
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I am looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Me DH DD DS
Old 05-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #184
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I am looking forward to hearing about your trip.
Hi there and welcome to our report!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #185
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

YAY I see you started!!! I just saw on my TR that you guys saw me!!! I wish you would have said hi!

Can't wait to read more. Now I'm off to check your Dining review!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #186
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Day 1 our first park!

After we got settled into our room we decided it was time to visit our first park of the trip! Where did we go? Well there was a certain parade I've never seen so we headed to that park so I could catch this "must see" parade. Which park? We were off to the AK to catch the Jammin Jungle Parade since we had never seen it!

Our first stop at AK was Guest Relations because my parents wanted to get me a "celebration" button in honor of my making the Dean's List. The Cm's in there were really cool and all high 5ed me and wrote "Dean's List" on the bottom of the pin. We stopped to look at the wait times board and we were suprised the waits weren't longer since we were arriving mid-day.

Our first stop was the Kilimanjaro Safari to pick up fast passes. After we got them we decided to venture down the Pangani Trail since we had always skipped that in the past. The fist thing we saw were the Colobus Monkeys with their wild white hairdos and it was so cute because they had a baby they were holding.

The next animal we saw were these really cool antelope/deer kind of animals that could stand straight up to eat off the trees. It was fascinating to watch them! The zookeeper said they have hips like humans that swivel so they can stand up like that.

Further down the trail we encountered huge gorillas.

We were really glad we checked out the trail because it was really interesting! After the trail we were walking through Asia and noticed the Flights of Wonder show was just about to begin so my parents made me go in despite my Ornithophobia . Yes, birds freak me out! (Ever since a turkey nipped me in the butt but thats another story) So we went into this show-which my parents enjoyed-and birds are flying all over the place. Even into the audience!!!! Some of the tricks they did were cool but I was much more comfortable when they stayed on the stage!

After what seemed like a very long show we left and headed to Dinosaur. The wait time was about 20 minutes but the air conditioning was a welcome relief as we were having a hard time adjusting to the heat! Since we'd never waited in the queue for this ride before we got to see something we'd always missed. In all the times we've ridden we'd never seen the Asteroid hitting the Earth. It's no big thing but at Disney its all about the details! We rode Dinosaur in the last row and what a crazy ride you get back there! It was the bumpiest ride ever! When we got out of Dinosaur it was about half an hour til the parade so we headed over to get a good spot. We wound up sitting right across the street from the Bug's Life attraction, right on the corner. The ground was so hot though that we had to go in the store and pick up a beach towel to sit on. We got that cute one with Pooh and the tiger that we'd always liked but never picked up. We spent the next half hour in anticipation of the parade

Coming up tomorrow: The Jammin' Jungle Parade!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #187
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
YAY I see you started!!! I just saw on my TR that you guys saw me!!! I wish you would have said hi!

Can't wait to read more. Now I'm off to check your Dining review!
I know me too! My mom recognized you and was like "Aren't they Disers?" and then I realized it was you! I wish I would have said hi too but you two were on the run I only saw one other DISer the entire week and I swear seeing DISers is like spotting a celebrity at Disneyworld

Old 05-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #188
Disneylove1228
Mouseketeer

omg isn't Dinosaur the craziest bumpiest ride ever?! i haven't rode it on the back row but i'm sure it's worse there!! we always end up in the front row! scary! lol!
Love your pics! Disney is so hot this time of year... i'm a floridian though so we always go during the fall/winter it's more enjoyable for us!
i can't wait to go this fall to see if i can spot some dis'ers!!!!! i know what you mean, it is like spotting someone famous! lol!!

can't wait to read more!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #189
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylove1228 View Post
omg isn't Dinosaur the craziest bumpiest ride ever?! i haven't rode it on the back row but i'm sure it's worse there!! we always end up in the front row! scary! lol!
Love your pics! Disney is so hot this time of year... i'm a floridian though so we always go during the fall/winter it's more enjoyable for us!
i can't wait to go this fall to see if i can spot some dis'ers!!!!! i know what you mean, it is like spotting someone famous! lol!!

can't wait to read more!!!
We rode Dinosaur in the front row in Dec. and it is much bumpier in back! The front row is fun because you get such a great view! Yea the heat really suprised us! We normally go in March or April (this year we had to wait for Caitlin's finals to be over) and its much cooler then! We had fun spotting dissers and we were looking for LGMH everywhere we went!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #190
MEK
DIS Veteran

Lovely AK pictures, especially the animals. I LOVE Dinosaur. For some reason it is one of those rides that I could do over and over. I will be taking my 9 year old nephew with us in June and I hope he loves this ride too. I hope it doesn't scare him!

I love the JJ parade. I like the Christmas one the best. Can't wait to read more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #191
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Great update and AK pictures Can't wait to see the pictures of the Jammin Jungle Parade , it's so cute
Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #192
thecapells
Disney Dad

Those antelopes look so cool standing up like that. Nice pics!!
It's been a while since we did the Pangani Trail (it's harder with the wee little ones) but it's always fun.
Did you guys hit the Maharajah Trek as well?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #193
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Hi, I'm joining in. I received my Graduate (Master's) degree from Central Michigan University! So Hi Neighbor! Ok, I have a lot to catch up on.

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Last edited by MadiMouse; 05-19-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #194
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

We have always been at DW in the late fall. I don't know if I could handle that extreme heat. I will be anxious to see if you got used to it at all.

We have never been down a trail at the AK. It looks like it we need to. Those deer-like animals are so cool!

Me DH DD DS
Old 05-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #195
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Lovely AK pictures, especially the animals. I LOVE Dinosaur. For some reason it is one of those rides that I could do over and over. I will be taking my 9 year old nephew with us in June and I hope he loves this ride too. I hope it doesn't scare him!

I love the JJ parade. I like the Christmas one the best. Can't wait to read more!
I would think a 9 year old boy would LOVE Dinosaur! The first time we took my DM on this ride she was terrified! She could not wait to get off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Great update and AK pictures Can't wait to see the pictures of the Jammin Jungle Parade , it's so cute
They are coming up shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Those antelopes look so cool standing up like that. Nice pics!!
It's been a while since we did the Pangani Trail (it's harder with the wee little ones) but it's always fun.
Did you guys hit the Maharajah Trek as well?
Those antelope were so cool! We were fascinated and must of stood there watching them for 10 minutes! We didn't make it to the Maharajah Trek. We had planned to do that on our "other" AK day but we never made it back. That just gives us something to look forward to next time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Hi, I'm joining in. I received my Graduate (Master's) degree from Central Michigan University! So Hi Neighbor! Ok, I have a lot to catch up on.
Hi there! Glad you found your way over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
We have always been at DW in the late fall. I don't know if I could handle that extreme heat. I will be anxious to see if you got used to it at all.

We have never been down a trail at the AK. It looks like it we need to. Those deer-like animals are so cool!
We did get used to the heat. What has been more difficult though is getting used to the cold! We've had 2 frost warnings since we got home! Going from 95 to 37 is absolutely crazy!

We'd never done the trail either and I was so glad we did! It was really interesting and it was peaceful, relaxing walk!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: