Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #196
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - Thanks for all the updates today! The train tour looked super cool. What a way to promote a movie. Nothing like going all out.

I missed a couple pages of your TR. I think I got to page 10 last night and then hoped over today for the latest installments. I love Hopdeedoo. So much fun. Hope you guys liked it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #197
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report so much and when I read your dining review I loved that also!

Thank you for posting the train tour information. We have lived in Texas for about 2 years now and haven't been to San Antonio yet, so we will try to catch it there!

Did I read somewhere that you are going back to WDW in September? We will be there from the 20-29th.

Thanks eandesmom!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #198
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hi! Just caught a few pages. Will be back tomorrow to read the rest, TOT, what a story!!! And I read your lament on the family vacation conflicts, sounds frustrating, but I know what you mean, you just deal with it, but it is nice to just get it off your chest!

CAN'T do TOT. Didn't, won't, no way!!! ONLY once. five years ago!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #199
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Was it that really ethereal looking one, very wispy in one of your pictures? Just curious.

Hey, what a great update! I know how you feel. I think on every trip I leave one park with a...dang, I didn't do that feeling. I'm working on not doing that to myself, because as long as everyone's having fun (much like your kiddos were) it just doesn't really matter what you didn't do.

It's like one of those huge life lesson type metaphors. If we always focused on what we didn't do, we'd never get anywhere.

And that concludes my "yes, mom" lesson for this evening.

I can't wait to hear what everyone thought of the Hoop De Doo Revue. I haven't been in years, but I remember loving it as a kid.

Yes mom

No it wasn't the ethereal looking one, that's actually Marley and I liked him. It's the wierd dude with the flame on his head. I must be missing something in the symbolism.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #200
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - Thanks for all the updates today! The train tour looked super cool. What a way to promote a movie. Nothing like going all out.

I missed a couple pages of your TR. I think I got to page 10 last night and then hoped over today for the latest installments. I love Hopdeedoo. So much fun. Hope you guys liked it.
We did! update coming today, running behind...you know...soccer tournaments lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Really enjoying your trip report so much and when I read your dining review I loved that also!

Thank you for posting the train tour information. We have lived in Texas for about 2 years now and haven't been to San Antonio yet, so we will try to catch it there!

Did I read somewhere that you are going back to WDW in September? We will be there from the 20-29th.
thanks for reading my dining review I hope you enjoy the train as much as we did, it was really neat. I WISH I was going in Sept. Right now the plan is next August which is a LONG ways off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi! Just caught a few pages. Will be back tomorrow to read the rest, TOT, what a story!!! And I read your lament on the family vacation conflicts, sounds frustrating, but I know what you mean, you just deal with it, but it is nice to just get it off your chest!

CAN'T do TOT. Didn't, won't, no way!!! ONLY once. five years ago!
Hi! ToT was pretty humorous, I have to say. I'm impressed you are reading TR's when you just got back! Things happen for a reason, y'know? I needed to vent but DSD did get into the camp, which is a really really cool thing for her and financially we just can't justify anything, anyway so in a way, it lessens the pain of that

Generally speaking I am a half full kind of gal, I just needed to vent.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #201
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

A hoop, or two! and more for YOU!

Finally it was time to go in

We had FABULOUS seats. I had elected to to the Cat 1 seating at the later show. While 9:30 sounds awfully late to eat....to our tummies it was still 6:30 PST so it was perfect.

First off, salad, cornbread and some drinks. Scrooge and I each opted for wine as the beer (included beer) offerings were scary to us. And, while they also offered sangria...nothing makes a worse headache than bad sangria so we decided to play it safe.

According to the table next to us, the Sangria was quite good but we stuck to red wine. Tink was pretty sure she saw the cute boy from the WL pool but, we'll never know. She at least had something to look at if she didn't like the show.

We were excited to have salad, we hadn't had any all week. The great thing about HDDR's food is it just keeps coming, as much as you want. We had seconds on Salad.

Hey! Where's mine?

The salad vultures.

Our table

While salad was coming around, the show started

Hey, there are people around our table! This threw Steven off at first

It was true old fashioned review. And it was hysterical. The kids were cracking up left and right the entire time.

While the show continued...so did the food.

mmmnnn, Ribs!

Ahhh! fried chicken!

There was also mashed potatoes and baked beans. The food was good. Was it earth shattering? No but the cornbread and chicken in particular hit the spot for me and Scrooge had thirds on the spuds Comfort food, nothing like it!

Now, the HDDR would not be complete without

Napkin Waving!

Apparently Goofy was hitting Wall-E in the face with his napkin. A little over excited napkin waving I guess!

As the main course drew to a close, it became clear, it was time for dessert. But where was our waiter?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #202
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

We LOVED this show!! Like you guys, we laughed often and much. We'd definitely go again. What is it with WDW and napkin twirling? Don't they know its a dangerous sport?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #203
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
We LOVED this show!! Like you guys, we laughed often and much. We'd definitely go again. What is it with WDW and napkin twirling? Don't they know its a dangerous sport?
No kidding! I think it should be called napkin whacking. Because more often than not you are getting whacked in the head by the napkin next you. It could take an eye out! Thank goodness Wall-E had glasses on lol. It could have been ugly.

I was really worried that the tween and teen would think it was stupid. One of the reviews I read before it said their 15 year old laughed so hard soda came out their nose. That did it for me. And while they didn't laugh QUITE that hard, they were rolling, for sure.

Completely worth the 2 TS credits!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #204
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Just finished the rest of your updates, so now I am caught up!

The hoop de doo looks like a great time, and we were considering it for our Dec trip, b/c it seems so festive! Glad to know the food was pretty good too...

Great comments about Roaring Forks CS, I think they do a good job with burgers, too! I agree with the CS credits... we had to try and use them up the last day since we had a few extras... though we did discover a CS breakfast burrito at the Contemporary, along with nice beverage choices to select from ... It was really pretty good!

Hey that Train event is wild! What fun... I had heard they were remaking the movie -- I wonder if it is coming to our neck of the woods or already passed us by! I will go check that link :thumbsup

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #205
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up. Last day at MK is always so sad There were many rides/shows we missed last year including the parades and fireworks. But just like your kids, my boys declared that MK was their most favorite park!! It must be the Disney Magic..

Your family photo at HDDR turned out great!! HDDR looks like so much fun and the food so yummy!! Definitely something my boys would enjoy.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #206
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Where is our waiter?

Chicken eaten.

Potatoes inhaled.

Wine savored. (Free always tastes better and "included" feels like free on the DDP!)

Napkins twirled.

Plates had been cleared.

No eyes had been lost.

But where where was our waiter?

Our CM was a hoot and we enjoyed him every time he came by.

Apparently it was time for dessert. Much Hooping onstage about it.

Oh wait! There he is!

Complete with a can can kick!

Ok, I knew it was a musical review.

I knew the audience got involved.

I didn't expect dancing waiters.

Only in Disney could CM's be dancing and serving Strawberry Shortcake and having SO much fun doing it.

I just found the perfect post retirement job for my dad!

Now that he's done with the census (which makes him sad). From Church plays to the HDDR. It's such a perfect fit I can't stand it.

Wall-E Not big on Strawberry Shortcake but MAN I love the whip cream!

Just give me a plate of that!

Can I play the washboard with this spoon mom? Ugh, ok, I'll give it to Wall-E...I can't stand whipped cream.

no way dude, this one's mine!

I'm going in anyway!

This teen just hated it

So glad he's not too cool for the HDDR! Too funny, looking at this picture I thought for sure he bought that necklace at AK, the next day but now looking....I think he got it at MK on the way out of the park. Now I recall that there WAS "real" shopping involved on the slow walk out from BTMRR. And if memory serves we were telling him there would be many such items at AL...lol! In retrospect it occurs to me...he wanted to WEAR it to AK...hence "needing" to buy it before.

It was a wonderful wonderful evening. While the kids collectively still felt that Teppan Edo was their favorite all around...this came in a close second!

Next...the last day!

Some Yaking

Some Yetting

Locally anyway

Wild Animals

African Amber

Will Tink survive EE?

Dinosaur?

What will happen if her hair gets wet?

Will "I" get a souvenir? or go home empty handed?

and Boma!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #207
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm all caught up. Last day at MK is always so sad There were many rides/shows we missed last year including the parades and fireworks. But just like your kids, my boys declared that MK was their most favorite park!! It must be the Disney Magic..

Your family photo at HDDR turned out great!! HDDR looks like so much fun and the food so yummy!! Definitely something my boys would enjoy.
Your boys are a great age for the HDDR, they would love it!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #208
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Just finished the rest of your updates, so now I am caught up!

The hoop de doo looks like a great time, and we were considering it for our Dec trip, b/c it seems so festive! Glad to know the food was pretty good too...

Great comments about Roaring Forks CS, I think they do a good job with burgers, too! I agree with the CS credits... we had to try and use them up the last day since we had a few extras... though we did discover a CS breakfast burrito at the Contemporary, along with nice beverage choices to select from ... It was really pretty good!

Hey that Train event is wild! What fun... I had heard they were remaking the movie -- I wonder if it is coming to our neck of the woods or already passed us by! I will go check that link :thumbsup
The Fort is SO cool at Christmas...You should do it! I would love to see the decorations there

If FW would have had CS available, we'd have easily used them up on breakfast items but they don't even really have any snack items to speak of. It is a huge hole! We skipped the TS there, while it sounds good it's been getting mixed reviews but the shows both seem to do really really well. Kind of sad really, they assume people will travel to the Fort for Mickey Backyard BBQ and the HDDR but don't give the people actually staying there much to choose from. It is a mod and should have the same type of food selections as the other mods. It's my only real complaint. It's like saying that all DVC locations shouldn't have access to a CS location because they have kitchens. That said, it wouldn't stop me from staying there again!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #209
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Oh, what a great time! I feel like I was there with you. It brings back memories, it really does.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #210
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hooray for the Hoop-Dee-Doo!! I just love it!

Glad your worries about the teens not enjoying it were unfounded!

Our (then) 16-year old loved it, too!

Kathy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: