Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 01:40 AM   #166
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
The top of cheekbones are a hard spot to screen just right. My red heads have gotten some pink cheeks a time or two.

Just looking at you in your jeans and black tee is making me sweat. Hope the sun went down extra quickly for you.

Cute tea cup pictures.
Yeah it was really poor planning on my part. It did cool down quickly though...I think our tempatures that day ranged from 50-80, huge swing and pretty breezy most of the day. On the way to WL that morning I had on long sleeves and a vest. I don't know what I was thinking not packing something for "after". But really, I was only miserable, really, for maybe an hour. And it wasn't that bad, I just was more uncomfortable than anything.

I actually wore my parka to dinner that night (Scrooge though I was nuts but it was cold!).

Wall-E's cheekbones are my downfall...I can never seem to get them well enough. Of course it could be that he squeals like a pig and wriggles while I'm putting it on as he is ticklish...that might have something to do with it.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #167
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
I followed your link from DisMomAmy's trippie Thanks to your handy-dandy links, I've read the whole shebang now

You and your lovely family have had a pretty good time so far, I hope that continues! Your Goofy sounds a lot like my Tigger (10yo) and your Wall-E sounds like my Mickey (7yo), that just makes your trippie more fun to read for me! Oh, also that you flew out of SEA - we had direct redeye Alaska Air flights to/from MCO last trip, but they've discontinued the direct red-eye flight darnit, so we had to take a one-stop red-eye on Delta this time.

I'm looking forward to reading more...
Welcome welcome welcome!

We took that direct redeye 4 years ago. I loved that flight. It gives you a whole extra day there! I was less than thrilled with our flight times this year BUT I still prefer that direct by a landslide. Hmmmn....5 hours...versus 7...

lol!

Next trip, assuming flight times are the same, we will do the 9am direct there and then the afternoon one back. We did this trip around school constraints and ended up with an 11pm arrival at FW and then (GASP) leaving at 4am. Way back was a one stop Delta, the non stop alaska got us home too late. No way jose next time.

Where in BC are you?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 AM   #169
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ok. I am only on Page 3 but I absolutely love your TR......

First of all, the pictures of the mountains were you live are absolutely beautiful. I have always lived on the East Coast, but I swear I was meant to live on the West Coast. Up until a few years ago (until I got altitude sickness) we used to ski out west every winter and I would be sooooo depressed everytime I came home!

Secondly, you have a beautiful family!

Third, I love the pics of Fort wilderness because I rarely read TR's from people staying there. I think it would be cool to visit and do a Segway tour or horseback riding.

Fourth, You had some major crowds during president's week. I hope things slow down a bit for you as the trip progresses.

Fifth, the hair cuts and adornments - so totally cool. I want to do that now! I wonder if I can get my DH to get his hair cut there?????

I will be back later to read more! (1/2 hour and I am only on page 3)

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #170
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hello!! I'm finally here... well actually this is about the 4th time I've started reading your TR but thought I'd finally say hello. I've made it through the start of Day 2. Sounds like the crowds are a bit crazy!! Luckily our school vacation weeks usually run a week later than most so we've been able to avoid the busiest weeks of the year. I love the idea of girls only pedicures.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #171
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

The only issue I had with Roaring Forks, and this is more my own fault, is that because we weren't park hopping on my last trip, we ended up eating there a lot. In that sense, it gets very repititive.

Now on to the next post! OMG, I love the pictures from the Teacups! Those are great! I love the swirly effect, and you're a brave woman for trying to take those while in motion.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #172
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Welcome welcome welcome!

We took that direct redeye 4 years ago. I loved that flight. It gives you a whole extra day there! I was less than thrilled with our flight times this year BUT I still prefer that direct by a landslide. Hmmmn....5 hours...versus 7...

lol!

Next trip, assuming flight times are the same, we will do the 9am direct there and then the afternoon one back. We did this trip around school constraints and ended up with an 11pm arrival at FW and then (GASP) leaving at 4am. Way back was a one stop Delta, the non stop alaska got us home too late. No way jose next time.

Where in BC are you?
Yes, we're doing the one-stop Delta there and the non-stop Alaska back this time. We miss that direct redeye too - it was awesome arriving at MCO at 7:30am with the whole day in front of us! The Delta one isn't bad - we leave SEA at night, connect at ATL and arrive at MCO at about 9:30am. The direct one is better though

We're in White Rock - about 5 minutes from the Peace Arch border crossing. We're going to Seattle later this month for a Mariners game - both of my boys are baseball-aholics
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #173
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report and caught up on it. Fabulous report! Can't wait to read the rest.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #174
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Ok. I am only on Page 3 but I absolutely love your TR......

First of all, the pictures of the mountains were you live are absolutely beautiful. I have always lived on the East Coast, but I swear I was meant to live on the West Coast. Up until a few years ago (until I got altitude sickness) we used to ski out west every winter and I would be sooooo depressed everytime I came home!
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That picture is actually Jackson Lake, in Wy from our big road trip last summer. But we are pretty spoiled out here too. This is here (well about a 40 minute drive lol) and one of (if not) my FAVORITE hikes in the world.

Too funny....I lived in Chicago for about 10 years and would go ski east...it was SO not the same. Ice skiing. Hills. Not mountains. Ugh.
Altitude sickness is awful.

Quote:
Secondly, you have a beautiful family!
Aww, thanks!

Quote:
Third, I love the pics of Fort wilderness because I rarely read TR's from people staying there. I think it would be cool to visit and do a Segway tour or horseback riding.
I really wanted to do a bike ride but only Goofy was up for it. Tink and Scrooge ran twice (state cup training lol) and loved it). Pretty good searaycer exploring around discovery island though according to Scrooge.

Quote:
Fourth, You had some major crowds during president's week. I hope things slow down a bit for you as the trip progresses.
well.....

Quote:
Fifth, the hair cuts and adornments - so totally cool. I want to do that now! I wonder if I can get my DH to get his hair cut there?????
The cuts were so well done! I think next time ALL the guys should go. Only goofy will get dusted though, the rest were like "no way!".

I totally would have gotten mickey heads on my big toes at our pedi, as would have Tink, but the GF was far too stuffy for that.

Quote:
I will be back later to read more! (1/2 hour and I am only on page 3)
See you then! My hands are still tingling from my ride...I need to adjust my handlebars.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #175
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hello!! I'm finally here... well actually this is about the 4th time I've started reading your TR but thought I'd finally say hello. I've made it through the start of Day 2. Sounds like the crowds are a bit crazy!! Luckily our school vacation weeks usually run a week later than most so we've been able to avoid the busiest weeks of the year. I love the idea of girls only pedicures.
Hi Amy! Welcome!!!

Tink and I usually get a pedi on vacation...where ever we go. I would try to find more of a salon and not a spa though next time. We were both looking forward to silly toes but ended up sedate instead. I can honestly say I have no desire to go that week again crowd wise. Although I imagine next august will be equally brutal. At the end of the day though we were THERE and that's what counts!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #176
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
The only issue I had with Roaring Forks, and this is more my own fault, is that because we weren't park hopping on my last trip, we ended up eating there a lot. In that sense, it gets very repititive.

Now on to the next post! OMG, I love the pictures from the Teacups! Those are great! I love the swirly effect, and you're a brave woman for trying to take those while in motion.
I can see that, no matter where you stay. I can't stand eating at the same place more than once. Or twice...over a whole week....lol!

The teacup pics crack me up. I did a shutterfly album with them as a collage and I get dizzy looking at it. It still makes me smile.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #177
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Yes, we're doing the one-stop Delta there and the non-stop Alaska back this time. We miss that direct redeye too - it was awesome arriving at MCO at 7:30am with the whole day in front of us! The Delta one isn't bad - we leave SEA at night, connect at ATL and arrive at MCO at about 9:30am. The direct one is better though

We're in White Rock - about 5 minutes from the Peace Arch border crossing. We're going to Seattle later this month for a Mariners game - both of my boys are baseball-aholics
Why you're a hop skip and a jump away! We drive by you on our way to Whistler. I Whistler. No directs from Vancouver, eh?

We are big M's fans around here My parents have season tix.

I looked at that Delta one...But Steven had a test that morning so needed to not miss the whole day. I don't think I could con Scrooge into a 1-stop red eye. Unless is was a lot cheaper which it wasn't this last trip, it was actually more! I hope your aren't doing the 6:30 am Alaska one back. That was BRUTAL. Our internal clocks were off for days when we got back. I think there is a 1:30 one...that's what I"m hoping for next time, the 9am down (ish) which at least gets you there in time for dinner and fireworks and then the 1:30 ish back.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #179
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Today we are off to check this out

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/...aroltraintour/

It's free, it's Disney, it's Jim Carrey so...why not?

I don't really get how a Christmas Carol translates to a Train Tour but who cares! A way to keep kids entertained on a summer day.

Looking forward to reading about that!

Kathy
Old 07-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #180
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Why you're a hop skip and a jump away! We drive by you on our way to Whistler. I Whistler. No directs from Vancouver, eh?

We are big M's fans around here My parents have season tix.

I looked at that Delta one...But Steven had a test that morning so needed to not miss the whole day. I don't think I could con Scrooge into a 1-stop red eye. Unless is was a lot cheaper which it wasn't this last trip, it was actually more! I hope your aren't doing the 6:30 am Alaska one back. That was BRUTAL. Our internal clocks were off for days when we got back. I think there is a 1:30 one...that's what I"m hoping for next time, the 9am down (ish) which at least gets you there in time for dinner and fireworks and then the 1:30 ish back.
Nope, no directs from YVR - not to mention, it's WAY cheaper to fly out of SEA anyway (much less tax/extra charges). A 2-hour drive is more than worth the moolah we save

The red-eye with a stop was substantially cheaper, thankfully. To be honest, I must admit that I watched several airfare sites for months before buying the tickets Nope, not the 6:30am flight back - we're taking the 6:30PM Alaska flight back
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: