Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Disney's California Food & Wine Festival 2009

The DLR has announced the details of the 2009 Disney's California Food & Wine Festival*, to be held at Disney's California Adventure Park from 24 April to 7 June 2009.

With this year's theme of "World Celebrations", this year's Food & Wine Festival will celebrate the vast ethnic, cultural and regional diversity that is a quitissential part of Californian Cuisine.

To help explain it, I'm going to steal a page from the DLR's promotional materials and seperate the offerings into the Signature and Complimentary offerings.

This information is compiled from both Disneyland.com, as well as MousePlanet.com. The event descriptions are from Disneyland.com.

Signature Offerings
The Signature Offerings at Disney's California Food & Wine Festival are extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that will have Foodies hobnobbing with top chefs, celeberties and vinteurs.

There is an extra charge for each of the events. In accordance with California State Law, participating guests must be at least 21 years of age with valid ID. The exception to this is the Napa Rose Cooking School, for which participants should be at least 18 years of age with valid ID.

Unless otherwise stated, Theme Park Admission is not included with the price of the ticket, and must be purchased seperately.

Online registration will open at 10:00 AM on 24 February 2009 on Disneyland.com.

Taste-Food-Wine-Life
Stage 17 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot will be transformed as the Disneyland Resort's top chefs showcase their specialties, along with a grand variety of wines, beers, and spirits. You'll be able to taste your way along while enjoying live entertainment.

5 & 6 June 2009
8:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M.
Stage 17, Hollywood Pictures Backlot
$150 per ticket
Theme Park Admission is included

Festival Wine Receptions
Cap off your visit to Disney's California Food & Wine Festival as you enjoy fine wines and delicious hors d'œvres.

24 April, 31 May, and 7 June 2009
7:30 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
Lower Patio of the Golden Vine Winery
$55 per ticket

Behind the Scenes with...
Join TV & Radio's Chef Jamie Gwen as she conducts a Q&A session with other Celeberty Chefs and Cooking Show Hosts. You'll enjoy appatizers inspired by the chef's creations, which will be paired with fine wine.

The following chefs are scheduled to celebrate as of this post:

30 April 2009 - John & Nancy Lasseter
Lasseter Family Winery | Glen Ellen, California

John Lasseter is best known as the director of the Disney/Pixar films Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life and Cars; as well as the executive producer of the Disney/Pixar films Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.

He is also the Chief Creative Officer of Pixar and Walt Disney Feature Animation, as well as the Prinicpal Creative Advisor at Walt Disney Imagineering.

He will be joined by his wife, Nancy.

21 May 2009 - Tommy Lasorda

A former pitcher and manager for the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers, Tommy Lasorda, through his Lasorda Wines brand, selects and imports fine Italian wines for everyone to enjoy.

31 May 2009 - Guy Fieri

Three years ago, Guy Fieri was the second winner of The Next Food Network Star. Now he brings his certain distinct cultural flair, as well as his unique approach to cuisine, to homes across the United States and Canada each week as the host of four television programmes on The Food Network.

He also owns the Johnny Garlic's and Tex Wasabi's restaurant chains in Northern California.

4 June 2009 - Keegan Gerhard

Keegan Gerhard is one of America's top pastry chefs. Currently, he hosts the Food Network Challenge.

6:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.
Animation Courtyard, Hollywood Pictures Backlot
$185 per ticket
Theme Park Admission is included

Napa Rose Cooking School
Join Chef Andrew Sutton of the Napa Rose restaurant at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa for this unique experience. Each class will make and enjoy a four-course gourmet meal, complete with paired wines.

Held in the Show Kitchen of the Napa Rose Restaurant, each class is limited to 14 participants. In addition to the great memories, everyone will receive a unique chef jacket to remember the experience by.

10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
25 April; 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 May 2009
Napa Rose Restaurant, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
$450 per person

Sweet Sundays
Held on various Sundays throughout the festival period, each of these sessions will start off with a sparkling toast and a light buffet. The featured pastry chef will then demonstrate how to make three succulent desserts, which guests will be able to enjoy.

As of this post, the chefs scheduled to participate are:

3 May 2009 - Elaine Ardizzone & Donna Cellere
Sweet Cheeks Baking Company | San Diego, California

10 May 2009 - Elizabeth Belkind
Cake Monkey Bakery | Los Angeles, California

17 May 2009 - Bret Thompson & Dave Baker
MILK Café and Bakeshop | Los Angeles, California

24 May 2009 - Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito
Baked | New York, New York

31 May 2009 - Diana Philips
Artisan Chocolatier | Los Angeles, California

7 June 2009 - Keegan Gerhard
d bar desserts | Denver, Colorado

10:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Golden Vine Winery
$65 per ticket

Winemaker Dinners
Some of California's and the nation's best winemakers will wow you with their vintages, as the chefs of the Disneyland Resort prepare world-class meals to accompany them.

The following winemakers are scheduled to participate:

24 April 2009 - Richard Arrowood
Arrowood Vineyards

1 May 2009 - Kate MacMurray
MacMurray Ranch

8 May 2009 - Nat Komes
Flora Springs Winery

15 May 2009 - Kenny Koda
Rudd Family Wines

22 May 2009 - Robert Cabral
Williams-Selyem

29 May 2009 - Pat Henderson
Kenwood Vineyards

6:30 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
Steakhouse 55, Disneyland Hotel
$135 per ticket

World Celebration Dinners
Travel around the world and sample a different country or region each week! Each dinner will focus on the food and wine that makes that part of the world unique.

29 April 2009 - World Celebration Kickoff

6 May 2009 - Celebrate Spain

13 May 2009 - Celebrate Japan

20 May 2009 - Celebrate France

27 May 2009 - Celebrate Italy

3 June 2009 - Celebrate Korea

6:30 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
The Vineyard Room
$135 per ticket

Introduction to Wine Tasting
Join Disneyland Resort Cast Member and Napa Rose Chief Sommelier Michael Jordan, a certified Master Sommelier, as he introduces you to the wide world of wine tasting. You'll learn how each glass is different, even if it's in the most miniscule of ways, and then put your newly-learned skills to the test as you blind taste four different wines.

25 April; 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 May; 6 June 2009
2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Convention Centre
$50 per person

Advanced Wine Course
For those who really want to know their wine. Join Michael Jordan for this three-day, six-hour class, as he takes you even deeper into the intricacies of wine making. You'll even get a peek at the process Disneyland Resort Sommeliers go through to be certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers.

There are two sessions for this offering:

Session 1
5-7 May 2009, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Session 2
12-14 May 2009, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa Convention Centre
$100 per person

Complimentary Offerings

In addition to the Signature Offerings, a wide variety of publically available offerings will be available during the Food & Wine festival. From specialty offerings at the Disney's California Adventure Park Counter Service restaurants, to fun activites for the kids, everyone can discover their inner foodie .

For the demonstration and class complimentary offerings, seating will be first-come, first-serve. Queues will form outside the entrance to each offering.

Wine, Beer and Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars
Attend this educational seminar, hosted by people well-versed in the art of alcoholic beverages.

This event will be held on the lower patio of the Golden Vine Winery and in the Pacific Wharf area, check each area daily for their schedules.

Guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend, and must present valid ID.

Culinary Demonstrations
Watch as chefs from throughout the Disneyland Resort and the Downtown Disney District, as well as invited celeberty chefs, demonstrate their craft for you.

Details for this will be announced later.

Junior Chef
The popular Junior Chef programme, formerly held on Main Street USA at Disneyland Park, will be making a comeback. Kids 11 years of age and under can join the Junior Chef for a baking experience they'll never forget.

Details will be announced later.

Festival Welcome Centre
Located in Sunshine Plaza, consult with a Food & Wine Festival Host or Hostess here to find out the day's schedule, and make same-day reservations (depending on availability).

Presented by AARP

Counter Service Gourmet Dining
Enjoy special festival dishes at Wine Country Trattoria, Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Pacific Wharf Café, Farmer's Market, Award Wieners and Taste Pilots Grill.

Specially paired wines and beers will be available.

Festival Wine Shop & Bistro
Purchase fine wines or enjoy a glass on the lower patio of the Golden Vine Winery.

For your convenience, purchased bottles will automatically be delivered to Package Pick-Up at Engine Ear Toys in Sunshine Plaza.

Festival Merchandise
Special merchandise will be available for the event, including t-shirts, and wine glasses, among other things.

The Lounge at the Golden Vine Winery
Kick back on the upper terrace of the Golden Vine Winery and enjoy fine wines from across California and around the world. Tapas will be available for purchase.

*Disney's California Food & Wine Festival is presented by Vanity Fair(r) Premium Napkins and Plates

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..

Last edited by glendalais; 02-23-2009 at 11:57 PM.
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!

Wow what a great post, thank you for all the information...I would especially love to be there when Guy Fieri is going to be there but I know I wont make it to DL by May! bummer!

I'd also like to do the blind tasting!

Thanks again for all the information!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
glendalais
DIS Veteran

It seems I forgot one Signature Event, lol.

Festival Wine Walks
Travel around the world through wine....without ever leaving Disney's California Adventure Park!

Each walk's tasting-passport will include 4 wines, be they from around the world or a single region.

Price to be determined.

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I was going to post this! Thanks, glendalais!!!

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, yes?

Man, I want to do the one with John Lasseter, but $185 is a lot!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
fairycat
Modern Disney Princess in Black
Hurray for it and all that
Likes the bunnies

I am so excited!!!! It looks like they are expanding the offerings a lot this year with more classes and more food offerings.

I would LOVE to do the Advanced Wine Course but I know we won't make it this year, but I would love to do it if they offer it in the future!

I am so happy they expanded the dates too since in the past they had this held during the entire run of the Renaissance Faire and I wasn't able to sneak out of work over there to get to do it, but last year during the Ladies Dis trip I did and WOW it was so awesome!

I can't wait!

ETA- were is the link to all this cool stuff? Thanks!

I've Been BOO'd!

Last edited by fairycat; 02-23-2009 at 12:56 PM.
fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I was going to post this! Thanks, glendalais!!!

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, yes?

Man, I want to do the one with John Lasseter, but $185 is a lot!
Yep, the tickets go on sell tomorrow starting from 10:00 A.M. on the Food & Wine Festival Section of Disneyland.com, where you can also find more information.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tureEventsPage

As is the case with most online DLR Event Registrations, expect heavy traffic and general online chaos when registration is opened tomorrow. Things like the John Lasseter Q&A and the Napa Rose Cooking Class will probably be completely filled within minutes, and most of the other signature offerings should follow very quickly thereafter.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Thanks for sharing this information!

Now it's time to plan when to go
Old 02-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
mystic_path
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them, Walt Disney

Some of those prices "INCLUDE" admission to the park. What if you already have a hopper pass? How much would it be then?
mystic_path is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic_path View Post
Some of those prices "INCLUDE" admission to the park. What if you already have a hopper pass? How much would it be then?
It would still be the same price. I guess a better way to say it is that they don't require Park Admission. If you don't already have it, they'll still let you in.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalais View Post
As is the case with most online DLR Event Registrations, expect heavy traffic and general online chaos when registration is opened tomorrow. Things like the John Lasseter Q&A and the Napa Rose Cooking Class will probably be completely filled within minutes, and most of the other signature offerings should follow very quickly thereafter.
Yeah, Disneyland has yet to figure out how to avoid the online mess they always have when they have some sort of ticket sales online.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #11
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Yeah, Disneyland has yet to figure out how to avoid the online mess they always have when they have some sort of ticket sales online.
Yea, it's a common problem. If you can't get it online, try doing it through Disney Dining on (714) 781-DINE. I'm not sure if they'll be able to, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #12
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

Exciting! We'll be there when Guy is ... although I am not sure about paying $185 each for the tickets ...
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
godalejunior
DIS Veteran

I really want to do the Napa Rose cooking school. When we were at NR last month, I talked to Chef Andrew about it and he said it is fun but he thought it was quite expensive too. DH wants to go to the Cabazon outlet malls. I am trying to decide if I want four or five Coach purses at the outlet or go to the cooking school..........
Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #14
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

I would highly recommend any of the wine classes with Michael Jordan. He's such a great teacher. He loves fine wine, but will tell you that any wine is good as long as you think it tastes good.

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #15
glendalais
DIS Veteran

DLR has released the final prices for all the signature events. I've updated the OP, but here are the ones announced today.

Gratuity will be included for all of the signature events. All prices are before California Sales Tax.

Napa Rose Cooking School - $450/person
Introduction to Wine Tasting - $50/person
Advance Wine Tasting - $100/person

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: