Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #106
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
I am really enjoying your trip report and pictures. You have a lovely family. I can't believe how empty the parks were on most days. It looks an excellent time to visit crowd wise. What was the temperatures on most days?
Gosh, I really don't remember the actual temps, but I think it was in the 60's, maybe some 70's, but a couple days were in the 50's.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #107
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 12 – “Pick a pearl…and splurge.”

Another day at Epcot. We started with a ride aboard “Spaceship Earth” (one of Andrew’s favorite rides.)

We headed to “Club Cool” and enjoyed some soda…we love this place!

I liked the one from Israel best,

and the kids liked the one from Mexico.

After riding on Test Track, and Soarin, we headed over to Mexico, and went that direction. We usually go the other way. We rode the Mexican boat ride.

It was remarkably absent of crowds again.

Thanks to the DIS, I learned of something I wanted to splurge on…”Pick a Pearl” in Japan. I was too shy, so I let “Princess” choose the oyster.

She did very well. She picked a 7.5 mm gold one. I had it made into a cross necklace. That was so much fun!

Following this, we went to hear “Voices of Liberty” sing. “Sweetness” is in a choir here, so she was very excited to see them.

We then saw the “American Adventure” attraction. Great show!

We worked our way around the World Showcase…

Morocco…

The bakery in France (again!)…

Meeting Belle…

Canada…

And then headed on out. Took another picture of the low crowds in Future World.

We took another trip to Downtown Disney just to get a Ghirardelli hot chocolate…it was cold, and we love it there.

These pictures are so totally random, but thought I would explain. DS (17) stayed home because he is on high school sports teams, and couldn’t be gone that long. His favorite team is the Packers, so everywhere I went, if I saw someone with a Packers shirt on, I took a picture for him.

That was it for today…a fun, relaxing day.

Next: Day 13 – “Finally…some crowds!”
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #108
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Great update! You were lucky with the crowds!

And well done to your DD with pick-a-pearl, looks a lovely one!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
Old 04-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #109
Tbelle1976
DIS Veteran

Wow, those crowds really are low. Sounds like a great time to go, however I don't know that I would like bundling up in coats & gloves in WDW. Although it must have seemed like much better weather for you.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #110
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

You've given me some great ideas to do on our next trip! For some reason we never eat at Columbia Harbour House, so that is a def must do, and in all the times I've been, I've never done a late night at AK, so I'm really looking forward to doing that. Have you ever taken the boat from the MK over to Fort Wilderness? If not, I think you and your family would really enjoy it. The scenery is beautiful, you can go see the stables and visit the Disney horses, and the restaurant there, Trails End Buffeteria, is awesome! For some reason, the pic of your chicken strips at CHH reminded me of FW. We always make a point to go vist at least once a trip.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #111
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Wow, I have never heard of someone picking a gold pearl. Is that unusual?

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #112
kadesha
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your TR!! Can't wait for more installments!

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
Old 04-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #113
Sue88
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at Pop a couple of times and I really liked the chicken Penne Pasta too! I know I ate it more than once on each trip.
Your photos are so excellent! I am wanting to just step into the photos and relax in the uncrowded parks.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #114
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Great update! You were lucky with the crowds!

And well done to your DD with pick-a-pearl, looks a lovely one!!
Yes, she did a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbelle1976 View Post
Wow, those crowds really are low. Sounds like a great time to go, however I don't know that I would like bundling up in coats & gloves in WDW. Although it must have seemed like much better weather for you.
Oh yeah, it was w-a-y better than the temps we left behind...below zero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ View Post
Have you ever taken the boat from the MK over to Fort Wilderness? If not, I think you and your family would really enjoy it. The scenery is beautiful, you can go see the stables and visit the Disney horses, and the restaurant there, Trails End Buffeteria, is awesome! For some reason, the pic of your chicken strips at CHH reminded me of FW. We always make a point to go vist at least once a trip.
Just wait until the end of my trip report, and you'll hear of our excursion over to Fort Wilderness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Wow, I have never heard of someone picking a gold pearl. Is that unusual?
It had a golden shine to it. The people before and after us both picked one with a pink-ish hue to it. They were all pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue88 View Post
I have stayed at Pop a couple of times and I really liked the chicken Penne Pasta too! I know I ate it more than once on each trip.
Oh my goodness...I "know" it had it at least four times, and I'm thinking it was actually five. I'm so weird that way. We just got a Chili's restaurant up here. I've been there so far four times. I have gotten the same meal four times, because I loved it so much (the cajun fettucini). I must really be a pasta lover!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #115
kafitty
yep, that almost sent snot flying out of my nose

subscribing!

your pictures are beautiful, i particularly like the ones from AK at night!

"I believe in naps."
Old 04-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #116
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 13 – “Finally…some crowds!”

It was a gorgeous day, and even though we’ve been here for 2 weeks, we are just as excited as ever to head over to the Magic Kingdom. It was still a bit cold in the morning. We met the Fairy Godmother in Fantasyland. She said we brought the arctic cold with us in our suitcases.

“Mr. Energy” really wanted to go on the Tomorrowland Speedway.

I was wearing a Wasilla sweatshirt, and spent most of the time in the attraction line talking with the guy behind me about what it’s like living here. He was from Germany, and was very intrigued to meet someone from here.

We next headed over to Mickey’s Toontown Fair. “Sweetness” wanted to meet the princesses. Princess Aurora is her favorite...can you tell?

We toured Minnie’s house...

...and Mickey’s house.

Lunch was pizza at Pinocchio’s Pizza Haus. It was really good! We went upstairs to eat. It was very quiet there.

We then went on Splash Mountain. Again, very few crowds.

By this time, we decided to take an afternoon break and go mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens. We took a bus first to Saratoga Springs (very pretty there) and then to the Swan, and the mini-golf was across the street. I didn’t mind spending the time to get there, as we had a long vacation. All 3 kids ended up getting a hole-in-one at some point during the game. (Okay, “Princess” got a hole-in-one when her ball skipped over the edge and went onto the next hole’s green and right in the hole…no joke!)

We had worn sweaters because it was cold in the morning, but now we were getting pretty warm. I had seen a sign at the Swan for ice cream, so I had promised the kids during the game we’d go there afterwards. We were dismayed to find it was closed, so we just ended up taking the two buses back to the Magic Kingdom. We ended up getting Dole Whips instead. Mmmmm!!

We headed over to Frontierland, and couldn’t believe what we saw….crowds! The first we encountered all trip.

The Brazilian tour groups, I think, had all converged in one area, at the same time.

The rest of the park wasn't bad at all. Just this one area, at this one time. Kind of weird...

We decided to skip the Frontierland attractions for the time being.

We got to meet Donald in his Frontier outfit.

“Princess” got a peanut butter chocolate dessert she had been eyeing from earlier in the day.

The rest of the day/evening was doing the regular Magic Kingdom attractions, and taking pictures.

The picture below ended up being my favorite picture of all from my trip. I just love Frontierland...

We went back to Pop Century for dinner and swimming.

Yet another great day at Disney!

Next: Day 14 – “Perfection All Around”
Old 04-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #117
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

What a great day!! Crazy about the tourgroups though!!!

Mini golf sounds fun, I'm hoping we'll find time for a game while we are there.

I love the frontierland night time photos, very pretty

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
Old 04-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #118
Tbelle1976
DIS Veteran

The crowds (or lack of) is really amazing!

Enjoying reading your report...can't wait for more.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #119
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

I love Frontierland too, and your pics were great! I didn't realize Brazilian tour groups went to Disney at that time of year. I've always seen them in July. Interesting.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #120
onejellyshelly
Mouseketeer

Great Trip Report. I am a FLA girl but I spent my summers in Anchorage. My brothers and sister live there. I love AK, but have not been in 6 years or so. But keep in mind flew in June out by August. Don't think this thin blood could take the cold.
09/09~POP
10/08~Movies

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: