Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #91
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbelle1976 View Post
Sounds like a great day so far.

My DS got picked for the Jedi Training Academy just last month. We also went to every show of the day and he finally got picked for the last show. For us it was worth it because it was really the highlight of our vacation for him and tons of memories! We had the same Jeni Master and he was so funny for us as well!
Wasn't that Jedi Master the greatest? I was laughing so hard the entire show! I bet your son really had a good time. I'm glad he finally got picked for the last show. Did you get some good pictures? I think that's neat they make it so special for the kids. (I'm glad we really didn't know about it ahead of time, or I'm sure my son would have wanted to get picked too.)
Old 03-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #92
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Great update blestmom! My nephews were so disappointed that they didn't get to be picked for the Jedi Training Academy. The next day though they were selected to participate in the Pirate show outside of POC, so that made up for it. Thank goodness, or I'm sure I would have had to hear about the unfairness of it from my sis-in-law for the rest of the trip.

Sisters, Sisters...December 2012 TR...BWV & VWL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #93
studentmom
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin' your trip report and photos. Oh, and I'm still drooling over that ham and cheese croissant from a few pages back .
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #94
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Still enjoying your report.

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #95
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Only in Disney would you buy gloves and eat ice cream
Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #96
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 11 – Animal Kingdom at night

Today was an absolutely fantastic day! We started off bright and early at the Magic Kingdom. We went first to “Swiss Family Treehouse” again. Wouldn’t it be cool to live in a treehouse like that?

Next up, “Pirates of the Caribbean.” Then we…ugh…went to the “Tiki Room.” I’m trying to not be so old-fashioned, but I really miss the original version. The kids don’t care for the new one either. But we still go once each trip. Then another few rides on “Big Thunder “and “Splash Mountain.” Everything has been a walk-on.

No one had eaten breakfast, so we decided to stop for an early lunch and went to one of our favorite restaurants…Columbia Harbor House.

Once again, the food there was fantastic.

We sat upstairs where it is so pretty. Up until the end of our meal, we were the only ones up there.

Following lunch, we rode “Haunted Mansion” again. It was such a beautiful day, we decided to head over to “Tom Sawyer’s Island” and just walk around. It’s so relaxing over there. We also rode the “Liberty Riverboat.” There was hardly anyone on it.

The Magic Kingdom has been very quiet today. This was taken mid-afternoon:

After this, we decided to leave the Magic Kingdom, and head over to the Animal Kingdom. It has Extra Magic Hours tonight. It is the only one we’ve done our whole vacation, and we’ve never been there at night.

"Mr. Energy" on the bus:

First off, we go on “Kilimanjaro Safari.” I never get tired of this ride, and the kids are very patient with me.

I got some nice pictures of the lion this time. Usually he is sleeping. I think he’s hungry.

We had dinner at the “Yak and Yeti” again. We love this restaurant already.

We walked around, a lot, and just enjoyed the beauty of Animal Kingdom. Again, very little crowds.

Animal Kingdom is very, very pretty at night.

We also rode “Dinosaur” and “Primeval Whirl.” But mostly, we rode Everest. At night. That was so unbelievably cool!

It was also literally very cold. Thank goodness we all had gloves on. But oh wow! “Expedition: Everest” at night is just amazing! We rode it over and over again until they literally shut the doors. It was at least 8 times. We had gone around so many times, we took a picture with the Cast Member at the end.

It was my favorite night at Disney this trip.

We headed back to the hotel, but it was too cold to swim. We did our usual lemonade and diet Coke run at the Pop Century food court, and watched some Disney t.v. It had been a fantastic day.

Next: Day 12 – “Pick a pearl…and splurge.”
Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #97
Tbelle1976
DIS Veteran

Wow, EE 8 times...that's crazy!

Sounds like a wonderful day with very little crowds, but chilly. Great report thus far!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #98
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

What a perfect day! I would love to be there when it was so empty that we could ride 8 times in a row. (I don't think any of the parks will look like that for our June trip!)

Old 04-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #99
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

It seems like you had the parks all to yourself!!!!!!!

Looking forward to more updates!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #100
wonderlanne
NO TEA FOR YOU!

wow...i have NEVER seen disney parks so empty.

your photos are really lovely. your children are going to have the best albums. that lion looks like he's got a ron blagojovich hair do thing goin' on.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #101
DisneyMomOK
DIS Veteran

Wonderful, wonderful tr, blestmom! How wonderful of you to share this with us! Thanks!
Old 04-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #102
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics as usual and as usual, you captured the very essence of the place. I'm still quite envious of your safari pics.

awww, I love the giraffe smilie, Wonder!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #103
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I would love to ride EE at night. But, I don't think I could stand the cold, good thing you all are used to it.

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #104
IWantMickey
Has chinchilla tag envy

Thanks for the update blestmom! The crowds (or lack thereof) were unbelievable. Sounds like a great time to go. I wouldn't mind the cold too much either. Great pictures as always. I'm glad your kids indulge your passion for the safari. That was a great picture of the lion. He's usually out of sight or barely visible when we're there.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #105
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

I am really enjoying your trip report and pictures. You have a lovely family. I can't believe how empty the parks were on most days. It looks an excellent time to visit crowd wise. What was the temperatures on most days?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: