Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #31
4 Little Bears
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your trip report...thanks for sharing!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #32
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

This is a fun TR. I love the pictures, especially the one flying over Alaska. I have always dreamed of going to Alaska. DH said when he retires...maybe...Don't know if he meant maybe Alaska or maybe one day he'll retire, didn't ask.

I am looking forward to an update.

Sincerely, Ty

P.S. Gorgeous kids!!

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #33
SomDayMyPrnceWillCom
Wants to be a mermaid when she grows up

I'm glad I ran across this Trip report. I moved from deep south Mississippi to Alaska in August with DD13. I'm teaching in a bush village. I understand about not minding and enjoying the cold weather here, but I'm ready to get back down south myself. I went ahead and booked our next Disney trip for 2010, but we have to go during the summer since I teach.

I'm really enjoying this and your pictures are lovely. Looking forward to the rest of the report.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #34
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomDayMyPrnceWillCom View Post
I'm glad I ran across this Trip report. I moved from deep south Mississippi to Alaska in August with DD13. I'm teaching in a bush village. I understand about not minding and enjoying the cold weather here, but I'm ready to get back down south myself. I went ahead and booked our next Disney trip for 2010, but we have to go during the summer since I teach.

I'm really enjoying this and your pictures are lovely. Looking forward to the rest of the report.
Nice to "meet" you. DH tried to get me to teach in the bush. I've had several friends do that. I hope you have a great Disney trip in 2010.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #35
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 4: "No way…..from Wasilla? Really??" (Part 1)

Even though we’ve gotten up early the last 3 days, we get up early once again. Today is “Disney Studios.” It only took 15 minutes from the time we left the hotel to the park. We wanted to get there early to get to Toy Story Mania. We’ve never seen the opening of the park there. We follow the crowd over to Toy Story Mania. We were one of the first there, so we got to walk right on.

We loved the ride! It’s so fun to try a new ride.

Since “Princess” has been a real trouper, we decline getting fastpasses for more rides on TSM, and instead get 4 fastpasses for “Princess” to use on her own at Tower of Terror. Although I really don’t like that ride, I would be willing to go on it. But “Sweetness” and “Mr. Energy” refuse. So, we split up for an hour, and “Princess” goes on the thrill ride by herself.

In the meantime, I take “Sweetness” and”Mr. Energy” on the Great Movie Ride. “Sweetness” simply adores musicals. She is a beautiful singer, and this is her favorite ride.

We also have time to sneak in one ride of Star Tours, for “Mr. Energy’s” behalf.

After meeting back up with “Princess,” we get a late breakfast at Starring Rolls…chocolate croissants and blueberry muffins. Mmmm!

We then went to see “Indiana Jones.” I think the first five minutes are the best part of the show.

We also rode “Rock-n-Roller Coaster.” I was excited because it was my first time sitting in the very back…way cool.

After that, we just kind of meandered around and took our time exploring. We were pleased again with low crowds.

Exploring the streets of New York:

We decided since we’d been going at a pretty fast pace, we would head back to the hotel for lunch, a swim and a time to rest. Great decision.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #36
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 4: "No way…..from Wasilla? Really??" (Part 2)

We headed back over to Disney Studios, because “Princess” was excited about a preview showing of the “American Idol” experience.

We gathered in the outdoor area, and the warm-up guy and cameraman came out to get shots of the audience. Then he announced the participants for this evening. You should have seen our jaws drop when he mentioned one of them was from Wasilla, Alaska. No way! We NEVER meet anyone from Alaska, much less from Wasilla!! Unfortunately, our guy didn’t win, although he was good. The guy who won did a really lively rendition of the song “La Bamba.” We thought it was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed it a lot.

One thing about being at Disney during the off season is that the parks close a little earlier. That was okay with us, because we were pretty tired by this time. We headed back to the hotel, had dinner and let the kids swim.

Tomorrow: “Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me…!”
Old 03-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #37
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

It really is a small world (LOL -- sorry, couldn't resist). I have family in Wasilla, and we moved to Georgia from Anchorage (after living there for 10 years) almost 9 years ago. Small world (don't worry, I won't sing).

I'm enjoying your trip report! I remember how desperate we always were to get OUT of Alaska during January, just to see a little sunshine and feel some warmth!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 03-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #38
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2B a Princess View Post
It really is a small world (LOL -- sorry, couldn't resist). I have family in Wasilla, and we moved to Georgia from Anchorage (after living there for 10 years) almost 9 years ago. Small world (don't worry, I won't sing).

I'm enjoying your trip report! I remember how desperate we always were to get OUT of Alaska during January, just to see a little sunshine and feel some warmth!
Oh that is small world...(and I don't mind...go ahead and sing the song! ) How cool! Nice to "meet" you.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #39
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I came over to say hi! I'm enjoying your TR!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #40
studentmom
DIS Veteran

Hey there, blest!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #41
Veater
Earning My Ears

Smile Enjoying your report from another Alaska Disney fan!

We are planning our June trip and I came across your trip report. I totally relate in buying the tickets waaaaay ahead of time with mileage - we committed in Aug for our upcoming June trip. We can only squeeze out 15 days with my job but will take advantage of every minute of it. So now while the sun is shining on the new snow - I am dreaming of this summer's trip. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #42
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, your photos makes me want to be in Disney, right now! Great report, great photos, beautiful kids! What type of camera did you use?

Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #43
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the nice comments

I have a Fuji s6000. Not a DSLR, but definitely bigger than a point-and-shoot. I'm trying to learn more about photography. Disney is such a great place for photo opportunities!
Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #44
LuvCuteBoys
Doing good is not a competition

I L♥VE this trip report!!! I love the cold weather and think I would really enjoy living in Alaska.

You have a beautiful family!! And that includes your kitty and doggie

Can't wait to read more, so I'm subscribing. And now I'm hungry, because I'm a total chocoholic!!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #45
topdog
DIS Veteran

This is a pretty cool TR. I can't wait to hear more.

I love Alaska. I was there in 1975 briefly. Can't remember much though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: