Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Haley/Hayden Mom
Mouseketeer

Partying with Pooh!!! Our first trip to Disney World and DD's 5th birthday with Pooh!

I have finally decided to start our pre trip report and get us in total Disney mode.

First let me tell you about our cast of characters: there is me (Amy) a preschool music teacher, DH (Jeff) an accountant in the medical field. There is also our two precious girls DD (9) ( Haley) and yes that is a fiddle, she competition blugrass fiddles around the state, and finally there is the Princess Peanut (4) ( Hayden Claire) who will be turning 5 on May 31st right on the 2nd day of our trip. (That's where the party with Pooh will come in.)
This is our first trip to Disney so I am so into the planning that I am driving poor DH crazy. He just can't wait for the trip to be over and done he says. I think once we get there and the magic hits he will see what it is all about and hopefully want to go again. We arrive on May 30th and will fly home EARLY the morning of June 6th ( all his idea). We are on the QSDP so I only needed one ADR for Hayden Claire's birthday and she wanted to eat with Pooh. She thinks the princesses are OK and all but has always loved Pooh and Tigger. We also have a ressie for T-rex while down there for Haley a late birthday present.
You might think I'm crazy but I have researched this trip down to the smallest detail and have the whole thing on spreadsheet even the quick service places we will be eating. Jeff said he wanted a plan on paper before we go sooooo now we do. Well time to pick the princess up from preschool. Will update more later including the spreadsheet. I would like to get ya'lls opinions.
DH (46) Me (38) parents of a Fiddle Girl (13) and Princess Peanut (9) May 30-June 6, 2009 1st trip ASMusic June 4-June 11,2010 CBR Surprise we going to Disney!!!!! (Shhhh don't tell the kids) Heigh Ho Heigh Ho off to ASSports we go w/ free dining too. June 5-10, 2011 May 26-June 2, 2012 ASMu and Star Wars Weekend, Here we come!!!!
Aug 15-19, 2012 Because 1 trip wasn't enough this year. Ready to tackle the ruins at CSR May 18-25, 2013 time to party at POP August 7-11,2013 jumped in and bought APs. SSR here we come. Nov 7-10, 2013 Jingle Jungle 5K and MVMCP time at POFQ May 24-June 1, 2014 CSR here we come for our princesses bday
Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

No, no one hear thinks you are crazy for the planning. We all do it. As a matter of fact, my whole family (most of whom are going with me on our upcoming trip) think I'm crazy for the planning.

Your trip is right around the corner and I know ya'll will have a great time.

Can't wait to see those spreadsheets/plans!!!!!

Edited to add: Yeah, I'm first!!! I'm never first!!!!

Our Twelve Day Adventure Around the World! Trip Report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2158920
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Haley/Hayden Mom
Mouseketeer

Spread Sheet Time

Home from picking the girls up from school so here goes the spread sheet. I don't know how to convert it so I'm just going to retype it.

May 30th
Arrive at MCO from BHM at 9:15 and head over to ASMusic to check in. Room will probably not be ready so then off to Hollywood Studios.
Ride what we can and eat lunch at Pizza Planet.
Eat dinner back at the hotel and hang by the pool for the evening.

May 31st (Hayden Claire's 5th Birthday)
Breakfast at Crystal Palace before park opens for her b'day and grab her birthday gift card for her to spend.
Then straight to Mickeys toon town Fair so she can then meet her other favorite character Minnie.
Lunch at Columbia Harbour House then back to room for a nap then return for the evening EMH and dinner at Cosmic Ray's.

June 1st
Animal Kingdom Day!!!!!!!
Lunch at Flame tree Barbeque (everyone says it rocks)
Dinner- maybe yak and yeti counter service not sure yet
Going straight for safari when rope drops while I send DH for fast passes at EE. ( I might go after them if he complains.) Then gonna wing it from there during evening EMH.

June 2
Back to DHS prbably for after noon so we can see fantasmic but might hang by the pool that morning.

June 3
Epcot day with lunch at the Liberty Inn and dinner at Sunshine Seasons. We're going to Nemo when Jeff and Haley go to test track. Hayden Claire just didn't seem interested in it from you tube videos.

June 4
Day off to downtown disney. We will go to magic kingdom for spectro that night though. Appetizers at T Rex before Lunch and maybe dinner from WPE.

June 5
Back to Magic Kingdom for the day and just gonna wing it ( I know that sounds scary) and ride what we didn't on Sunday. No food plans either will eat where it smells the best. : )

June 6
Back to MCO to fly back to BHM at 5:30 am. I hate early flights! This was all Jeff's idea to get home to get the dog out of the vet instead of paying 2 more nights.

Next installment I will need opinions on what to pack and what not to pack so please help.

DH (46) Me (38) parents of a Fiddle Girl (13) and Princess Peanut (9) May 30-June 6, 2009 1st trip ASMusic June 4-June 11,2010 CBR Surprise we going to Disney!!!!! (Shhhh don't tell the kids) Heigh Ho Heigh Ho off to ASSports we go w/ free dining too. June 5-10, 2011 May 26-June 2, 2012 ASMu and Star Wars Weekend, Here we come!!!!
Aug 15-19, 2012 Because 1 trip wasn't enough this year. Ready to tackle the ruins at CSR May 18-25, 2013 time to party at POP August 7-11,2013 jumped in and bought APs. SSR here we come. Nov 7-10, 2013 Jingle Jungle 5K and MVMCP time at POFQ May 24-June 1, 2014 CSR here we come for our princesses bday
Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Haley/Hayden Mom
Mouseketeer

Pre packing report

OK here we go with pre packing.
I have started already individually bagging all our toiletries and such. With Hayden Claire's skin conditions and allergies I just hope they'll let all her meds and creams on the plan. Not like we are making a bomb of lotions you know.

Next comes the clothes, I am such a clothes horse that I pack at least 10 outfits for a 3 day trip and multiple pairs of shoes too for me and the girls. How am I going to survive 7 days at Disney??????????? DH thinks a couple pairs of shorts and shirts and he is good to go with it all in a duffle bag. I always tend to look at him in horror when he suggests that.

I my mindset I think 2 outfits a day per myself and each girl which would be 36 outfits for us without DH alone. I think we all need really large suitcases with one just for shoes if you ask me but DH won't hear of that. So I have bought some travel size washing powders and dryer sheets and will be doing laundry on our day off from the parks. Maybe in doing that we won't need so many clothes.

This is where I am going to need help from all my fellow DIS'rs. What types of outfits do I need to pack for us and Shoes too. We are each bringing one pair of crocs to wear to the pool and all and tennis shoes for the parks, but that is where I'm stuck. I do have cute iron ons that I had some of the talented folks on another board make for me but am unsure about printing them on my printer that goes out some.
Any and all suggestions you can give a first timer at WDW would be AWSOME!!!!

Last edited by Haley/Hayden Mom; 05-13-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: