Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #121
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!
 
*Seanaci*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,715

Wow! Your trip is coming up so soon! That's great!

Also, a tip on flying Southwest...check in online the day before and you should all get to board early on and sit together. We're flying Southwest in June (DH, DS, and I) and that's what we plan on doing...especially since we bought DS a seat this time around and will be lugging his carseat.

Also, your girls will LOVE the San Diego Zoo. I went 15 years ago (my freshman year of high school) and adored it!
__________________
Contemplating when our next trip will be...2014? Mom is wanting to do Disney next year. We'll see.



Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(55), DG(61)
*Seanaci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #122
pmama
DIS Veteran
 
pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,250

Update

Sorry, I've not been updating much lately. I forgot how crazy the end of the school year can get. So, I finally talked to DD8's teacher about missing the last 4 1/2 days of school. Somehow, I managed to make it "HER" idea! I told her my mother really wanted to go out to California to visit her friend and that she wanted the girls and I to go. I asked her if I should just take DD4 since DD8 would have to miss the end of school. She said, "TAKE HER"! Little does she know the plane ticket was purchased over 3 months ago.

The girls still do not know. I think it'd be a blast to wake them the morning of the trip and tell them. However, that would be unfair to DD8 who needs to say goodbye to her teacher and classmates.

I am definitely worried about SWINE FLU. I will be purchasing tons of hand sanitizer, wet ones, kleenex, etc. And, ofcourse, making some request of the big man upstairs. DD4 has a temperature right now. I'm thinking it might be an ear infection. I just made an appointment with the DR.

On a sad note, the friend of Granita who was planning on spending some time with us while in California just found out she has breast cancer. She will be having surgery the week before we arrive. I guess our visit is timely. We may have to reserve a day to go visit her instead of her visiting us. I am glad Granita will be there for her.

Haven't started packing but I think I'll put a list together tonight or tomorrow.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #123
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

Wow I cant believe you only have less than two weeks I remember reading your trip report before we were even leaving for our trip (now our trip is over) and thinking you have a while.

It is funny too that your daughter gets out of school so early. In RI school doesnt get out to almost the end of June. DD5 last day is June 23th and DH's last day is June 22nd.
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #124
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran
 
princess&her4princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 4,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Sorry, I've not been updating much lately. I forgot how crazy the end of the school year can get. So, I finally talked to DD8's teacher about missing the last 4 1/2 days of school. Somehow, I managed to make it "HER" idea! I told her my mother really wanted to go out to California to visit her friend and that she wanted the girls and I to go. I asked her if I should just take DD4 since DD8 would have to miss the end of school. She said, "TAKE HER"! Little does she know the plane ticket was purchased over 3 months ago.

The girls still do not know. I think it'd be a blast to wake them the morning of the trip and tell them. However, that would be unfair to DD8 who needs to say goodbye to her teacher and classmates.

I am definitely worried about SWINE FLU. I will be purchasing tons of hand sanitizer, wet ones, kleenex, etc. And, ofcourse, making some request of the big man upstairs. DD4 has a temperature right now. I'm thinking it might be an ear infection. I just made an appointment with the DR.

On a sad note, the friend of Granita who was planning on spending some time with us while in California just found out she has breast cancer. She will be having surgery the week before we arrive. I guess our visit is timely. We may have to reserve a day to go visit her instead of her visiting us. I am glad Granita will be there for her.

Haven't started packing but I think I'll put a list together tonight or tomorrow.
Yay for 12 more days!!! I can't believe it's almost here!!! You must be getting SO excited. And yay for making DD8 teacher thinking it was her idea....that's one way to do it.

I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend, I hope that the surgery will make her healthy once again. I'll be praying for her and I think you're right, Granita's trip is a timely one for sure.

12 more days, 12 more days, 12 more days!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #125
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,781

I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend. I'm praying she recovers quickly! That's great about DD8's teacher!! With it being the end of school--I don't see it being a big deal. And about 35 minutes it will be 11 days!! Whoo hoo!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #126
pmama
DIS Veteran
 
pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Wow I cant believe you only have less than two weeks I remember reading your trip report before we were even leaving for our trip (now our trip is over) and thinking you have a while.

It is funny too that your daughter gets out of school so early. In RI school doesnt get out to almost the end of June. DD5 last day is June 23th and DH's last day is June 22nd.
Time truly has flown by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Yay for 12 more days!!! I can't believe it's almost here!!! You must be getting SO excited. And yay for making DD8 teacher thinking it was her idea....that's one way to do it.

I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend, I hope that the surgery will make her healthy once again. I'll be praying for her and I think you're right, Granita's trip is a timely one for sure.

12 more days, 12 more days, 12 more days!!!
Now 11 more days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend. I'm praying she recovers quickly! That's great about DD8's teacher!! With it being the end of school--I don't see it being a big deal. And about 35 minutes it will be 11 days!! Whoo hoo!!

Thank you! I'm now starting my list.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #127
Princess_K
DIS Veteran
 
Princess_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN
Posts: 589

I loved reading your first trip report, and I was really excited to see this PTR. Have a great trip! I'll be looking forward to your trip report
Princess_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #128
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard
 
Brady's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orem, UT
Posts: 1,539

FUN, FUN PTR!! We leave in 2 weeks - 5 days seems soooo much nicer. Here's hopin' you have a fabulous trip.

One little note - Musical chairs w/Alice is at Coke Corner - not Plaza Inn. I would hate for you to plan to be there and then be in the wrong place. It is at 2:30, though.

Good luck with your trip!
__________________
Me (Shannon) , DH , DS , DDIL , DS 16 , DS 10 , DS 7


October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #129
pmama
DIS Veteran
 
pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I loved reading your first trip report, and I was really excited to see this PTR. Have a great trip! I'll be looking forward to your trip report
Thanks, I love it when people who read my last report actually find me down her in on the DLR threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
FUN, FUN PTR!! We leave in 2 weeks - 5 days seems soooo much nicer. Here's hopin' you have a fabulous trip.

One little note - Musical chairs w/Alice is at Coke Corner - not Plaza Inn. I would hate for you to plan to be there and then be in the wrong place. It is at 2:30, though.

Good luck with your trip!
Thanks, I did find that out thanks to helpful people on the boards. I'll have to update that in my PTR if I get the chance. I can't wait to take my mom to see that.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #130
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Only 5 more days.......how exciting!!!!!! I know you'll have a great time!!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #131
thmar
DIS Veteran
 
thmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 5,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
FUN, FUN PTR!! We leave in 2 weeks - 5 days seems soooo much nicer. Here's hopin' you have a fabulous trip.

One little note - Musical chairs w/Alice is at Coke Corner - not Plaza Inn. I would hate for you to plan to be there and then be in the wrong place. It is at 2:30, though.

Good luck with your trip!
Musical chairs with Alice??? What's this? We leave Wednesday!!
__________________
"Happiness is a state of mind..." Walt Disney


"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney


God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #132
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran
 
princess&her4princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 4,034

5 days!!!!!!!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #133
Me&3
DIS Veteran
 
Me&3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Davie,Florida
Posts: 744

Hi enjoy your last tr. Just found this ptr can't wait to see and hear more about your tr. Have a great time.
Me&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #134
pmama
DIS Veteran
 
pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Only 5 more days.......how exciting!!!!!! I know you'll have a great time!!!!
Now 2 days!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by thmar View Post
Musical chairs with Alice??? What's this? We leave Wednesday!!
I hope you found the info. It is at Coke's Corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
5 days!!!!!!!!!
2 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
Hi enjoy your last tr. Just found this ptr can't wait to see and hear more about your tr. Have a great time.
Hi, Me&3! Of course I remember you. So glad you found my PTR. I will try to post an update tomorrow before we leave.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 AM   #135
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,781

1 day!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it when we get back!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.