Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #106
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Just read your PTR. You're family is beautiful! I can't wait to see your PP pix. How cool that your DH was able to come along. How are you keeping it a secret? I would be busting to to tell them!

Regarding PS, they are so different at DLR that some days I will make them in the a.m. for lunch that day. It works really well, especially in lower crowd times.

Hope you enjoy CELEBRATE! My Dnephew18 is in it and we saw it opening day. I thought it was great-very high energy! Here's a few pictures of him..

If you see him, give him a big wave. If your girls are in the front row and near the dancers there's 2 different parts of the performance when the have kids join in.

Make sure you take your girls to Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at DCA-my DD9 loves going there. It's a great place to burn off some extra energy.

Oh, and don't forget to check out the Animation Academy at DCA. A lot of people skip it but it's great. If it's hot it's a wonderful break in the day. Turtle Talk with Crush is in there as well as the Animation Academy where you are taught how to draw Disney characters in about 15 min. Unlike the one at DQ in WDW you get to take your drawings with you-no purchase required. Also there's Ursula's Grotto where you can add your singing or speaking voice to a short animated clip-pretty cool. Make sure you make time to visit there. There are also some comfy padded benches in there that you can sit and relax in while you watch clips of Disney movies in 360 degrees along with beautiful Disney songs. WDW doesn't have anything like it.

Can't wait to read more....

We were at WDW last Sept. Maybe we were there at the same time? Wouldn't that be funny!
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #107
mom23boyz
Wishing I Had a Magic Wand

Great job on all your planning...that's the best part! We did Disneyland last Spring Break and celebrated our son's 8th birthday at the Blue Bayou...the restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean. It is so unique and something you can't find at WDW. Of course, it's pirate not princess, but really fun nevertheless. They made an awesome pirate ship desert for him. Have a great time!

Feb '07 Eastern Caribbean on the Magic and POR
Apr '08 Grand Californian

Thanksgiving '08 Magic Double Dip and Pop Century!
Feb '12 Disneyland Hotel
mom23boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #108
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

25 more days! Wow. I think it's great that you're keeping it a secret. I'd love to be able to do that 'til the morning of. Well, I did do that one time. I told them we were going to Sidney's mom and dads for the night (since we had luggage) and I'd packed scret gifts underneath their seats. Once we passed Charleston and hit the GA line they knew something was up. I told them to look under their seats...I had notes inside the boxes and they were so tickled!

....Maybe it's time for a little boy? I'm just sayin'....

CUTE CUTE CUTE picture with the Easter bunny!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:41 PM   #109
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Just read your PTR. You're family is beautiful! I can't wait to see your PP pix. How cool that your DH was able to come along. How are you keeping it a secret? I would be busting to to tell them!

Regarding PS, they are so different at DLR that some days I will make them in the a.m. for lunch that day. It works really well, especially in lower crowd times.

Hope you enjoy CELEBRATE! My Dnephew18 is in it and we saw it opening day. I thought it was great-very high energy! Here's a few pictures of him..

If you see him, give him a big wave. If your girls are in the front row and near the dancers there's 2 different parts of the performance when the have kids join in.

Make sure you take your girls to Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at DCA-my DD9 loves going there. It's a great place to burn off some extra energy.

Oh, and don't forget to check out the Animation Academy at DCA. A lot of people skip it but it's great. If it's hot it's a wonderful break in the day. Turtle Talk with Crush is in there as well as the Animation Academy where you are taught how to draw Disney characters in about 15 min. Unlike the one at DQ in WDW you get to take your drawings with you-no purchase required. Also there's Ursula's Grotto where you can add your singing or speaking voice to a short animated clip-pretty cool. Make sure you make time to visit there. There are also some comfy padded benches in there that you can sit and relax in while you watch clips of Disney movies in 360 degrees along with beautiful Disney songs. WDW doesn't have anything like it.

Can't wait to read more....

We were at WDW last Sept. Maybe we were there at the same time? Wouldn't that be funny!
Wow, I am jealous that you get so much of DLR and still get to visit WDW! Your nephew is a cutie. Looks like he's enjoying his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23boyz View Post
Great job on all your planning...that's the best part! We did Disneyland last Spring Break and celebrated our son's 8th birthday at the Blue Bayou...the restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean. It is so unique and something you can't find at WDW. Of course, it's pirate not princess, but really fun nevertheless. They made an awesome pirate ship desert for him. Have a great time!
I really would like to try Blue Bayou some time. Sounds like a neat restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
25 more days! Wow. I think it's great that you're keeping it a secret. I'd love to be able to do that 'til the morning of. Well, I did do that one time. I told them we were going to Sidney's mom and dads for the night (since we had luggage) and I'd packed scret gifts underneath their seats. Once we passed Charleston and hit the GA line they knew something was up. I told them to look under their seats...I had notes inside the boxes and they were so tickled!

....Maybe it's time for a little boy? I'm just sayin'....

CUTE CUTE CUTE picture with the Easter bunny!
Oh, that's a great surprise. Still not sure how I'll tell the girls. I would love to just wake them up in the morning but DD8 will miss the last couple of days of school and needs a proper goodbye (for summer) to her teacher and friends. Of course, the biggest surprise will be when daddy arrives. I can't wait for that.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #110
OneTreeHillAddict

Oh...no ticket in my movie...I kept meaning to tell you. I think I wrote it in my TR but in the reg DVD no ticket. Maybe they got it in the blue ray or something?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #111
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh...no ticket in my movie...I kept meaning to tell you. I think I wrote it in my TR but in the reg DVD no ticket. Maybe they got it in the blue ray or something?
Hmm, good to know. Thank you.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 AM   #112
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Catching back up--love the Easter bunny and soccer pictures!! Can you believe our trips are only 22 days away?!?! We should be receiving our Mickey mail any day now--can't wait to look through it all.
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #113
OneTreeHillAddict

You're down to 3 weeks (and one day). You have inspired me girl. I'll PM you the secret!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #114
disneydreamertoo
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your lovely family and am also feeling your excitement for the Disneyland trip . You are so very blessed!

I'm a fellow teacher and I think you are absolutely right about the last week of school. Not much learning going on! I wouldn't worry about taking them out early. Find out what your district "number" on allowable absences is. I think ours is 14 and then you only get a form letter of concern regarding the absences.

disneydreamertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #115
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Catching back up--love the Easter bunny and soccer pictures!! Can you believe our trips are only 22 days away?!?! We should be receiving our Mickey mail any day now--can't wait to look through it all.
Oh wow, I can't believe how fast it's creeping up. Now I'm starting to feel highly unprepared. Guess I should start making a packing list. I didn't really anticipate just how busy the end of the school year would be.

Quote:
You're down to 3 weeks (and one day). You have inspired me girl. I'll PM you the secret!
Well you know . . . You now have a responsibility to keep those trip reports coming steady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamertoo View Post
Enjoying your lovely family and am also feeling your excitement for the Disneyland trip . You are so very blessed!

I'm a fellow teacher and I think you are absolutely right about the last week of school. Not much learning going on! I wouldn't worry about taking them out early. Find out what your district "number" on allowable absences is. I think ours is 14 and then you only get a form letter of concern regarding the absences.
Thank you. Yes, I am blessed and do my best to count those blessings. Since I am planning on rejoining the teaching squad next year this might be our last chance to take advantage of lower crowds and value season.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #116
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Wow, I am jealous that you get so much of DLR and still get to visit WDW! Your nephew is a cutie. Looks like he's enjoying his job.
Yes, we are lucky. DD9 is off track starting today and we will be going many times this month. Luckily many of her friends also have AP so sometimes we can go with them. But personally, I love it when it's just the 2 of us. Those times are the best!

Only reason we can go to WDW so often (once a year, at least!) is with DD being in year round school we can take advantage of cheaper prices in Sept (or Jan and May) and also get free DDP in Sept! Both my DM and DD have birthdays in Sept. and while I've booked our package at POP I haven't told my DM yet. Not sure if she wants to spend her next "Big 0" at WDW. But then I know she doesn't want to spend it at home-she always manages to be out of town on her "big 0"s. Me I'll be spending my "Big 0" this year at DLR!

During the week CELEBRATE is only showing at 7 p.m. so it looks like it'll be a long day for us. I like to get there at opening as well (10 a.m.)

Thanks, he is a cutie! And he really enjoys his job. His first parade was last Christmas and he tried out for the Electrical Parade yesterday. Haven't heard how that went yet. Hope he makes it! More reasons to go to DLR!
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #117
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Finally caught back up and your plans are coming together. Your trip will be here before you know it. My DH will be in DL the beginning of June. His niece is getting married out there the end of May, so the family is planning on a couple days at DL. I'm kinda happy that your girls still don't know about the surprise. If it were my kids, they would be asking "are we going yet? Are we going yet?", and losing sleep. I saw in another PTR that they might tell their kids 5 days before they leave.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #118
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Oh wow, I can't believe how fast it's creeping up. Now I'm starting to feel highly unprepared. Guess I should start making a packing list. I didn't really anticipate just how busy the end of the school year would be.
I know!! We have been incredibly busy here, too!! I haven't started packing yet either. I need to make a list of things I need to buy. 19 days!! Whoo hoo!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #119
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
19 days!! Whoo hoo!!
Crazy
Old 04-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #120
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I haven't been around.....it's tough to keep up with PTR's, especially with the nice weather we've been getting here. Sorry!! Just wanted to stop by and see what was new and say I can't believe you have only 18 more days!! You must be getting SO excited!!! What's left to do? Fill us in when you can!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: