Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #91
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Morning!! I went to start it lst week and noticed my thread was closed!! Any idea how to link them from there?? I was soo bummed and I have so much to share!!!!
Kinda sad to have your thread closed isn't it? I would just put a link to your new PTR in your signature. That way if people check your old thread they can find your new one through your sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
Just caught up with your TR. Your girls are adorable!

My DS did the same thing as your DD when I told him we were going to Disneyland: "no, I only want to go to Disney WORLD!" He knew DL was smaller, so he didn't see the point. I'm slowly convincing him, though. The whole "but it was WALT'S park!" argument doesn't work that well on the 7 year old set.

To add another parallel between your trip and ours, we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary about a month before our trip, too. Happy anniversary! And can't wait to read more!
Well Happy Anniversary to you too! 10 years is a great milestone isn't it? It's true that kids could really care less about DLR being Walt's original. I'm certain she'll love it there. I'm really looking forward to Sea World too. I've been wanting to take the girls there for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
I thought your trip sounded familiar and then I saw your trip ticker. We'll be there at the same time.

Where did you make your PS ressies and are you going to try out the BBB here at DLR?
Well then our trip is coming on quickly isn't it? We made PS for Ariel's Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen and Rain Forest Cafe. Although I will probably decide between Ariels and Goofys.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #92
charmama4
DIS Veteran

We are doing the same 3. I have done AG two years ago and it was great sitting around the table with three generations of women. Erin had such a wonderful time we just have to do it again. I blame Sherry E and DizNee Luver for pulling me into the GK pool. It just sounds like so much fun and there's no way I could decide on either or. AG is more for Erin and GK is for the whole family.
This trip can't come fast enough!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #93
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi!! Just wanted you to know, I started a new PTR today..come on over when you have the time!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134752
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #94
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I'm HERE!!!! I can't believe that I didn't notice this before?? I've read through the first three pages. I'll have to finish later.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #95
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Bolt is such a good movie, so funny. We need that one too. If you open your Pinocchio movie I'd love to hear if there really is some sort of coupon for kids ride free on Amtrak and what the rules to that offer are.
We're having school right now. I can't leave them or they'll start playing. If you don't have your answer already I'll find out for ya in a little bit.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #96
thmar
DIS Veteran

What a lovely family you have...sounds like you'll have a great time. We'll be in DL the middle of May with my grandson (3) and granddaughter (1). Happy times ahead!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #97
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmar View Post
What a lovely family you have...sounds like you'll have a great time. We'll be in DL the middle of May with my grandson (3) and granddaughter (1). Happy times ahead!
Thanks a bunch. What a great grandparent you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
We're having school right now. I can't leave them or they'll start playing. If you don't have your answer already I'll find out for ya in a little bit.
Have you opened it yet? I still have not purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I'm HERE!!!! I can't believe that I didn't notice this before?? I've read through the first three pages. I'll have to finish later.
Oh, thanks for reading. I know reading about a DLR trip isn't quite the same as WDW so I'm honored you jumped ship to read.

Quote:
Hi!! Just wanted you to know, I started a new PTR today..come on over when you have the time!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134752
So, glad you got your new PTR up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
We are doing the same 3. I have done AG two years ago and it was great sitting around the table with three generations of women. Erin had such a wonderful time we just have to do it again. I blame Sherry E and DizNee Luver for pulling me into the GK pool. It just sounds like so much fun and there's no way I could decide on either or. AG is more for Erin and GK is for the whole family.
This trip can't come fast enough!!!
You know, that's a good idea. I may reschedule Ariel's Grotto for a day it is just women. Not so sure the men would enjoy it as much.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #98
pmama
DIS Veteran

Update

HAPPY EASTER!

Well, this week the tickets came in the mail! How exciting!

I can't believe we leave in 5 weeks. Wow, time has gone fast. Disneyland is just now posting hours and schedules for the days we will be there. Unreal isn't it? So, different from WDW. So, now I can start making my daily itinerary plans!

Okay, now I need to go on a serious diet and lose my winter fat before we go.:lmao

Both girls had a soccer game today. It was DD4's first ever game. I love watching it at this age. Sooo cute. She just smiled the whole time. She even scored a goal.

DD8's games are getting so technical. She was goalie for half the game and I think the size of her goal area was as big as DD4's whole field.

We enjoy watching their games but today was a little cold. Here is Papa (who will be joining us for part of the trip) warming up DD4 while we watched DD8. Papa Kangaroo.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #99
cdotla
Trish

Just found your Report...can't wait to read it!!!
cdotla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #100
pmama
DIS Veteran

Update

Hi all. Wow, I really just clicked on my PTR to see how many days. 29! I can't believe it. The kids still do not know. I will probably not tell them until about a week before we leave. I have never done a trip like this without telling them before. I kind of miss the whole count down thing. Every once in a while I'll say things like, "you should save that for next time we go to Disney." They will say, "but that's TOO LONG." I'm so excited.

I haven't had as much time to feed my Disney obsession lately with all of the Spring activities. I have been substituting a little more. I am even in the process of applying for a job-share 5th grade teaching position for next year at the girls' school where I sub. It would be perfect as I could teach while my youngest DD will be in Kindergarten 1/2 day but still have the rest of the day with her. I'm a little worried they will plan the interview for when I am gone on vacation. Although I do have enough connections that hopefully they will allow me to interview before we leave. My, time as flown by. I can't believe both my children will be in school next year. My SAHM years are almost over.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:49 AM   #101
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Just found your Report...can't wait to read it!!!
Hopping over to read your new report! Thanks for finding me here.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #102
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAPPY EASTER!

Well, this week the tickets came in the mail! How exciting!

I can't believe we leave in 5 weeks. Wow, time has gone fast. Disneyland is just now posting hours and schedules for the days we will be there. Unreal isn't it? So, different from WDW. So, now I can start making my daily itinerary plans!

Okay, now I need to go on a serious diet and lose my winter fat before we go.:lmao

Both girls had a soccer game today. It was DD4's first ever game. I love watching it at this age. Sooo cute. She just smiled the whole time. She even scored a goal.

DD8's games are getting so technical. She was goalie for half the game and I think the size of her goal area was as big as DD4's whole field.

We enjoy watching their games but today was a little cold. Here is Papa (who will be joining us for part of the trip) warming up DD4 while we watched DD8. Papa Kangaroo.
THanks for sharing your pics, they are so cute. The girls look so much bigger from your last TR! How'd that happen so fast? Very cute, can't believe that they just came out with the daily schedule 5 weeks before you trip!! Not like DW, at all. How are making out with your schedule? Share it when you have the time!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #103
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all. Wow, I really just clicked on my PTR to see how many days. 29! I can't believe it. The kids still do not know. I will probably not tell them until about a week before we leave. I have never done a trip like this without telling them before. I kind of miss the whole count down thing. Every once in a while I'll say things like, "you should save that for next time we go to Disney." They will say, "but that's TOO LONG." I'm so excited.

I haven't had as much time to feed my Disney obsession lately with all of the Spring activities. I have been substituting a little more. I am even in the process of applying for a job-share 5th grade teaching position for next year at the girls' school where I sub. It would be perfect as I could teach while my youngest DD will be in Kindergarten 1/2 day but still have the rest of the day with her. I'm a little worried they will plan the interview for when I am gone on vacation. Although I do have enough connections that hopefully they will allow me to interview before we leave. My, time as flown by. I can't believe both my children will be in school next year. My SAHM years are almost over.
WOW 29 more days!!!!!!! That's going to FLY by!!!! I"m so happy you have saved the surprise from the girls, it's going to be so much fun. How will you tell them?

Awww....your SAHM day are almost over!! It really does go by so fast, doesn't it? My "baby" is almost 2! People will ask me when I'm out how old he is and I keep saying 21 mos. and then I realize how stupid that sounds and have to quickly say, almost 2.....sniff, sniff. They grow up too fast!!!

Good for you for having a possible job lined up, though! Good luck with the interview process!! Keep us posted!!

Have a nice day!!
Kristen
Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #104
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I just have to say that I followed your last TR and I'm so excited you are doing another! I've never been to Disneyland so I'm going to live through you. I can't believe how much the girls have grown! They're just cute as ever.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #105
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
THanks for sharing your pics, they are so cute. The girls look so much bigger from your last TR! How'd that happen so fast? Very cute, can't believe that they just came out with the daily schedule 5 weeks before you trip!! Not like DW, at all. How are making out with your schedule? Share it when you have the time!!!
You are right. They are growing like weeds. In fact, I was astonished when DD8 went to a swim party early Spring. None of her swim suits from summer/fall fit.

Quote:
WOW 29 more days!!!!!!! That's going to FLY by!!!! I"m so happy you have saved the surprise from the girls, it's going to be so much fun. How will you tell them?

Awww....your SAHM day are almost over!! It really does go by so fast, doesn't it? My "baby" is almost 2! People will ask me when I'm out how old he is and I keep saying 21 mos. and then I realize how stupid that sounds and have to quickly say, almost 2.....sniff, sniff. They grow up too fast!!!

Good for you for having a possible job lined up, though! Good luck with the interview process!! Keep us posted!!

Have a nice day!!
Kristen
Thanks. I'd still be saying 21 months too. It scares me to death to think how fast the years have gone. In another 5 years I'll have a pre-teen and a teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I just have to say that I followed your last TR and I'm so excited you are doing another! I've never been to Disneyland so I'm going to live through you. I can't believe how much the girls have grown! They're just cute as ever.
Hi tinkgirl.

So glad you're going to read along. I can't wait to compare DLR and WDW. It is amazing how the kiddos grow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: