Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #76
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Hello I am definitely joining your planning fun! I think I saw that you mentioned Memorial Day as one of you days there...we will be there too!! We are only going for a short trip though...but a trip's a trip I have to admit that I had your daughter's reaction at first "I only want WDW" That was too funny!

Your daughters are absolutely precious! And I think it's wonderful that you have so many people joining you for this trip.

I agree with you about Southwest, they are awesome! I haven't had any complications with them (and I use them whenever possible).

Can't wait to read more updates

I think it will be fun for us to be able to compare WDW and DLR. We will be coming home the day before Memorial Day. I'm glad you like Southwest. We still have yet to fly but I've really only heard great things.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #77
pmama
DIS Veteran

Snow day

Well we had another snow day.

It was perfect today because it really didn't snow anymore. The sun came out and the kids were able to go play in the snow. Oldest DD had her neighbor friend over for some snow fun!

Here's a picture of our back deck. As you can see, I had them go through the garage door as I didn't want all that snow falling in my house.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #78
pmama
DIS Veteran

Hidden Mickey's

Who wants to play hidden Mickeys?

First, this one DD4 was excited to discover.

It's 3 mini chip cookies stuck together. She thought it was so "awesome" she saved it for days and carried it around like it was a breakable treasure.

Next, we bought a new breakfast table. Can you spot the hidden Mickey heads?

We didn't buy them just because the chairs look like hidden Mickeys but now we love to call them our hidden Mickey chairs. (I know it's a little stretch.)

Last edited by pmama; 03-27-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #79
pmama
DIS Veteran

Priority Seating

Well what they say about DLR and dining is correct. I waited a little past my 60 days and pretty much have any time slot available for my dining selections.

I keep going back and forth as to where to go for DD's 5th birthday celebration. I had pretty much decided on Ariel's Grotto. Then I watched different dining videos on youtube and people seemed to be having much more fun at Goofy's.

So, for right now we have lunch at Ariel's Grotto booked and dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. I plan to prepurchase the ARES to save a little so once we decide we can cancel the one decide against. I really thought they had gotten enough princess dining experiences at WDW. When I asked my girls their favorite past character dining experiences DD8 chose Chef Mickeys and DD4 chose the princess dinners. So, that makes me think perhaps we should stick w/ Ariel's. Let me know if you have any advice.

I also made a PS for Rainforest Cafe in DTD the day we arrive in DLR.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #80
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Wow, you got a lot of snow!!!! Brrrrrrrrr

Love, Love, Love the chairs!!!

Ariel's is definately more "proper" without a lot of playing where Goofy's has activities up by the buffet (usually twice during a meal). So it will depend on what you think they'd like best. We like both, but they are definately different styles of character meals.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #81
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Yep, great deal isn't it? I did call and asked a Disneyland CM for information. It was pretty evident he had no idea what he was talking about. You'd think they'd train them better on new promotions.

He told me that the promotion was only good for DL hotels and not good neighbor hotels yet. However, on Disney's website it said very directly that good neighbor hotels were included and you could make the res. online.

He also told me if we had a pre-existing reservation and Disney does allow good neighbor hotels that you can use that reservation to rebook the new promotion. After reading the fine print online it says this cannot be done. Our hotel has no more availability during our stay so we would have to change hotels.

After looking at prices the Southern California City Pass still seems like the best deal. (Especially through Costco. It's another $130 cheaper than directly through Disney.)

It sounds like it may be possible to get an additional 2 days free to our 3 day ticket. If so that would be nice. We could enter the parks the day we arrive or the day we leave if need be.

I am very much like you in that I keep rethinking my decisions. It doesn't help to be "in the know" about all the good promotions and deals either. Of course you want to get the most bang for your buck.

My oldest DD would be so jelous of your DD and all the cute doll outfits. Our poor Disney Doll still only has one outfit.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for December. If all goes well we will pay the cruise off the end of September/early October. If free dining came available during December we might consider putting the cruise off till later and just doing WDW. It's hard to resist that free dining. Now that the promotion is out for September I have to keep reminding myself we've already decided against it.
I am always looking for the best price out there. I hope those toys are still on sale when you go. I hope our paths cross in December. So many people are going the same week as us! If you get a cabin at Ft Wilderness you won't have to do dining. It has a full kitchen. It's a diiferent kind of Disney trip but we had a blast over there! If I go to DL I want to stay at the Dis hotels on property but I know it's gonna cost a fortune!

BTW way cool snow pics! Looks like fun. And the new chairs are nice!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #82
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Wow, you got a lot of snow!!!! Brrrrrrrrr

Love, Love, Love the chairs!!!

Ariel's is definately more "proper" without a lot of playing where Goofy's has activities up by the buffet (usually twice during a meal). So it will depend on what you think they'd like best. We like both, but they are definately different styles of character meals.
Yep, I think I'd prefer Goofy's but I want whatever we do to be a perfect fit for DD's birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I am always looking for the best price out there. I hope those toys are still on sale when you go. I hope our paths cross in December. So many people are going the same week as us! If you get a cabin at Ft Wilderness you won't have to do dining. It has a full kitchen. It's a diiferent kind of Disney trip but we had a blast over there! If I go to DL I want to stay at the Dis hotels on property but I know it's gonna cost a fortune!

BTW way cool snow pics! Looks like fun. And the new chairs are nice!

I'm actually looking forward to staying in a non Disney hotel right across from DLR. That just is a foreign concept in WDW. The hotel we are staying at has a fun kids water park and is a favorite her on the DISboards.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #83
pmama
DIS Veteran

Purchased Tickets!

Well I officially purchased our Southern California City Pass tickets today.

I discovered that Costco was offering free shipping today so I thought this would be the best time. A friend was able to lend us her Costco membership number. So, through Costco we saved $138 from the price we would have paid had we purchased the passes through Disney or elsewhere. Now w/ our plane tickets purchased, theme park tickets purchased, hotels reserved. IT FEELS REAL! No backing out now. Here we come Sunny California.

I also got a great rate on a car rental for San Diego. Best rate I've seen to date.

Things left on to do list:

Purchase train tickets. (I heard there is a coupon for kids ride free Amtrak in the new Pinnochio movie. Since we plan to purchase the movie anyway I will purchase before booking train.)

DH and FIL need to decide what sort of tickets they will get.

Price rental cars for Anaheim, (since we'll be going to Universal).

I still have two different hotels booked for San Diego/Coronado. I need to cancel the unwanted reservation.

And many more minute things. I'm still looking at the bigger picture.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #84
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Your trip is getting so close. Wow. How exciting. I know from experience that the closer it gets the more exciting it becomes.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #85
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi!!
I've gone MIA again..I can't keep up with all the PTR's I've signed up for some days...lol! I've been reading just not commenting, sorry about that.

Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!! We'll be celebrating in September...we're hoping that next year we'll be able to sneak away ourselves (without the boys, of course!), sorry to hear that DH's grandmother ws sick, hope things are better now!

Loved the hidden Mickey's and that you wore your Incredible shirts for Disney on Ice...they were the perfect choice!!

You've been awfully busy planning....thanks for keeping us posted, can't wait to hear more!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #86
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I wish I could go! I just bought Pinocchios last night! We haven't opened yet though. We bought Bolt too and they watched it instead. Your trip will be her ein no time at all. Those last few weeks fly by!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #87
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Your trip is getting so close. Wow. How exciting. I know from experience that the closer it gets the more exciting it becomes.
Yes, I am starting to get excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi!!
I've gone MIA again..I can't keep up with all the PTR's I've signed up for some days...lol! I've been reading just not commenting, sorry about that.

Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!! We'll be celebrating in September...we're hoping that next year we'll be able to sneak away ourselves (without the boys, of course!), sorry to hear that DH's grandmother ws sick, hope things are better now!

Loved the hidden Mickey's and that you wore your Incredible shirts for Disney on Ice...they were the perfect choice!!

You've been awfully busy planning....thanks for keeping us posted, can't wait to hear more!!
Glad to hear from you. I was just checking to see yesterday if you'd started your next PTR and it looks like your TR is now officially closed. Have you started one yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I wish I could go! I just bought Pinocchios last night! We haven't opened yet though. We bought Bolt too and they watched it instead. Your trip will be her ein no time at all. Those last few weeks fly by!

Bolt is such a good movie, so funny. We need that one too. If you open your Pinocchio movie I'd love to hear if there really is some sort of coupon for kids ride free on Amtrak and what the rules to that offer are.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #88
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Morning!! I went to start it lst week and noticed my thread was closed!! Any idea how to link them from there?? I was soo bummed and I have so much to share!!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 AM   #89
kokotg
DIS Veteran

Just caught up with your TR. Your girls are adorable!

My DS did the same thing as your DD when I told him we were going to Disneyland: "no, I only want to go to Disney WORLD!" He knew DL was smaller, so he didn't see the point. I'm slowly convincing him, though. The whole "but it was WALT'S park!" argument doesn't work that well on the 7 year old set.

To add another parallel between your trip and ours, we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary about a month before our trip, too. Happy anniversary! And can't wait to read more!
kokotg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #90
charmama4
DIS Veteran

I thought your trip sounded familiar and then I saw your trip ticker. We'll be there at the same time. We had some weather up as well, it closed the public library and shut down the base!! The kids liked it, we just knocked off our school work when we heard that the public school kids were being let out early so they could play in the snow.
Love seeing the girls and hearing about how your trip is coming together.
Your youngest cracks me up, she definately doesn't have a problem showing her *true* feelings doesn't she???
Oh, if the movie doesn't have the kids free coupon in it, Amtrak still does kids 1/2 off. That's what we did.
Your mom sounds like a hoot!!!! And I'm excited for all you and all of the surprises that are about to come out!!!
Where did you make your PS ressies and are you going to try out the BBB here at DLR?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: