Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #91
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Ok, can someone help me with eye shadow primer?

I've never used it. What does it do? Make the shadow last longer?

Who makes the best one?

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #92
SeaShelley
Calgon take me away.......preferrably to Castaway Cay!
Want to ride "Pirates of the Can 'O Beer"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post

Who makes the best one?

Thanks!
Urban Decay.....hands down the best I've tried.....I buy it on-line at Sephora.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #93
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaShelley View Post
Urban Decay.....hands down the best I've tried.....I buy it on-line at Sephora.
Thank you. But what does it do? Is it just that your eye shadow lasts longer?

I actually have 2 sparkle eye shadows from Urban Decay and love them.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #94
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Quote:
Thank you. But what does it do? Is it just that your eye shadow lasts longer?

I actually have 2 sparkle eye shadows from Urban Decay and love them.
Primer gives your shadow a good base to adhere to, keeps it from creasing/sliding and keeps the color nice and bright, and it does last longer. I use it even with really good shadows that don't crease on their own, just because it evens the skin tone on my lids and makes the color so much prettier. I have even used the MAC Paints under my shadow and gone swimming, and after being in the water I will still have some shadow on.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #95
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGracey View Post
Primer gives your shadow a good base to adhere to, keeps it from creasing/sliding and keeps the color nice and bright, and it does last longer. I use it even with really good shadows that don't crease on their own, just because it evens the skin tone on my lids and makes the color so much prettier. I have even used the MAC Paints under my shadow and gone swimming, and after being in the water I will still have some shadow on.
Thank you very much.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #96
LadyGracey

you're welcome!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #97
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
I use Cerave cleanser and moisturizer( you can but it at CVS or drugstore.com) It is gentle like Cetaphil but does not leave my face greasy or oily( kind of dewy/matte).
thanks I have been looking for something that made my face look and feel like it did on my wedding day and right before. a friend gave me a tube of roc and I LOVE that stuff but haven't been able to get my hands on anymore but i'm terrible at ordering things. when i switched to BE my dh knew i wanted to try it so bad that he ordered it for me lol. i got the samples of EM i'm not too sure about them yet I have only used to twice but this weekend i think i'll really test them. I have the mary kay micro abrasion kit and I like it. The problem i am seem to be having is that between my eye brows and around my nose gets real dry but when i use lotion it get too oily

Old 02-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #98
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Wanna-be View Post

I have a question about eye makeup remover - does anyone have a recommendation for one that:

1) removes mascara quickly and thoroughly,
2) is not oily, and
3) won't equal the cost of my car note?

If I can't have all three things on my wish list, I'll take #s 1 and 2. Three is not mandatory, but would be nice.

Here's my .03 : All around winner for me is the Almay eye makeup remover pads, non-oily formula. They are around $5 and work on everything but waterproof mascara and do not irritate my eyes or leave a film on the inside rim of your eyes like the oily ones.

I like Clinique's Take the Day Off, but it is a liquid and they are messier to me than the pads. Works well, though, no irritation and I don't know how much it costs because it was in a combo pack I bought.

Don't laugh, but, if you really want to save bucks, you know what I found works great? Pamper's Sensitive baby wipes (in fragrance free if you can find them)! They are soft, get the mascara off and feel like they aren't tearing at my eyelids. That one came from being a new mom and running out of remover and being desperate! 72 for around $3.50. I use these in conjunction with the Clinique stuff to wipe it off because it's softer than a cotton pad or tissue.

Ok, another question, what is the best eye cream to get rid of puffy eyes immediately? Have used Garnier Nutrisse, Clinique Just for Eyes, and Loreal double lift in the past few months. Not as good as Avon's eye gel in the orange pot that they've stopped making!!! I will trade a few wrinkles if someone can depuff my eyes--it's making me look old!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #99
bengalbelle
Geaux Tigers!
Will post anywhere to avoid DIS withdrawl
Does not possess DDA Superpowers!

Quote:

Who makes the best one?

Thanks!
I think it depends on which one you use. All of the ones I've used have stopped creasing, and they help your eyeshadow and liner stay on all day. I'm using Urban Decay Primer Potion right now and it's fine. My shadow does stay on and it doesn't crease, but it doesn't provide the same type of base as MAC Paint. The Paint gives more intense color when you put your shadow on and I think has more staying power. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Everything else I've tried from Urban Decay I love. I bought a sampler of eyeliner and they're beautiful colors and hands down the smoothest, nicest liners I've ever used.

whogirl'smom, thanks for the tip about Pamper's Senstivite wipes. I have plenty of those.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #100
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

I've been using baby wipes for make-up removal for a couple of years. I had read an article about actresses using them after being on stage so I gave it a try.

Those of you who have a selection of perfumes, how do you keep them from going rancid? The most I ever have is two because of this.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #101
LadyGracey

The Pond's moist wipes are also good makeup removers, I keep them in my case when I'm in a show. Not like washing, but it takes off makeup well.

I also got some stuff from Ulta (can't remember what brand off-hand, I think it was Borjois) that is an eye-makeup remover in a tiny tube with a sponge, so you can fix mistakes without taking everything off. Nice when you're in a hurry.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #102
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post

Ok, another question, what is the best eye cream to get rid of puffy eyes immediately? Have used Garnier Nutrisse, Clinique Just for Eyes, and Loreal double lift in the past few months. Not as good as Avon's eye gel in the orange pot that they've stopped making!!! I will trade a few wrinkles if someone can depuff my eyes--it's making me look old!!!
whogirl'smom, I posted this reply earlier for another DISer!! Revitalume amazing. She was looking for something for dark circles and I was looking for something for puffy eyes!! Well this does BOTH!!! Read through the link!! I love it. I have been using it since October. I am VERY happy with the results. FINALLY. I also was using the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff eye roller....naaa not happy with that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

I get stressed out way to easily and it affects my eyes. I was having some serious under eye bags and I needed something and Revitalume has been amazing!!! Here is the link. Again kinda pricey but I give you my A+ testimonial on this product. Read through the entire link.

http://www.revitalume.com/

Quote:
Bella the Ball, I really feel you will be very very happy with this product.

Try it for free for 30 days!! If you love it and do not return it, they will then bill you $49.95! If you love it (as I do) then they will automatically enroll you in their Rewards program and every 2 months you will get a new bottle for $49.95! You can cancel ANYTIME you like! I use a drop in the morning after my shower and again in the evening after I wash my face. I am very impressed with it!!! And no smell to it at all.

Terms and Conditions of Revitalume
Start your FREE 30 day trial now and you will receive a full size bottle of RevitaLume (a 60 day supply with a retail price for $64.95). You'll evaluate this amazing product and see the results for yourself. If you love RevitaLume as much as we do, simply do nothing and at the end of your 30 day trial, you will be charged the super low price of $49.95 - a 23.1% savings! If, for any reason, you decide that RevitaLume is not right for you, simply call 1-800-335-9323 and return the unused portion. You will NEVER be billed.

Plus, when you accept this FREE Trial, you will also receive a FREE membership to the RevitaLume Healthy Rewards Program. You will continue to get a fresh supply of RevitaLume every 60 days for the low price of $49.95 (plus shipping)... a 23.1% discount! It is easy to modify or cancel anytime by calling 1-800-335-9323.

KAR

Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #103
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Cat ~ When is that Sephora sale you were talking about yesterday?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #104
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
I LOVE makeup, but all of a sudden what used to work for me is not any more. My skin is oilier now than it ever has been and I'm 41! Anybody know the best oil control foundation? Or mattifying lotion?

I really really really like Everyday Minerals in Matte and Intense. I mix one of those with the semi-matte, and it's wonderful. Have you tried Mineral makeup?

The other thing I REALLY like about Mineral makeup - is when you take pictures, the flash doesnt reflect off your face - and make you look like a ghost. Anyone else notice that?

Quote:

CathrynRose, are you saying this is a GREAT mascara as I need a good one. I am currently using Maybelline's Define-A-Lash!! What are your thoughts on that particular one..ya or nay???
I love the Too Faced mascara. It took some getting used to - but now Im hooked. Ill admit that initially I was like "ehhh - I dont know if I like this" - but the staying power is amazing. No smears or anything. And your lashed can REALLY be built up with it.

Ill admit Im a makeup snob when it comes to mascara. Ive never tried the Maybelline one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
CathrynRose....you started this thread on the anniversary of my free MAC make up four years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was just reminicing about today. LOL

Seriously,
I am looking for a flat iron....has anyone used a Solano Sapphire? MY HD used one and it is fantastic. It is not a well known brand but I found it on Folica for 129 and at some vaccuum site for 109 but I am holding off till I find out if non professionals really like it. I know when I go to my HD my hair always looks better and I can never replicate it even if I have the same tools.
Like I said - I bow down before you because of that. I dont even think I would have been able to think straight for weeks, after that happening!

I have never used that iron. Have you checked like makeup alley or anything for reviews?

Sometimes I think youre best going with what you KNOW works - a CHI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbelle View Post

For blush it's Nars all the way.

ETA: I just switched to Technician by Frederic Fekkai for shampoo and conditioner and I like it, but I am never brand loyal for haircare products. I like something different every time. I'd love to hear what everyone is using and likes.
Totally. Nothing at all like NARS blush. I have Outlaw, Orgasm & Deep Throat. I also REALLY like Too Faced's bronzers. They have a set of 3, around xmas - had all 3 of them in there. I love that thing.

Im a snob with shampoo and cond. too. I wont use anything NOT salon brand. So, although I have tried that Fekkai smoothing stuff, I havent used the S & C.

Im using Redken All Soft - Goldwell Kerasilk - TiGi Moisture Maniac & Chi's line, right now (yeah - I switch a lot)

And I also use Sunglitz's pigmented shampoo, mixed in with whatever shampoo I'm using (it's SO concentrated) But I use the blue and purple - to keep my blonde from getting brassy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
How did I miss this thread? Hello All!!!!!!

FYI ~ if you have a Facebook account join Sephora as a fan & you sometimes get "special" discount codes!!!!!
YAY!!

Quote:
What did you think of the Garnier one? Ive never used one, and was thinking about trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
Those of you who have a selection of perfumes, how do you keep them from going rancid? The most I ever have is two because of this.
I use perfume everyday. So, none of them have ever gotten bad. And when I get sick of them - they become air fresheners. LOL! Expensive air fresheners.

Last edited by CathrynRose; 02-20-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #105
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

Quote:
whogirl'smom, I posted this reply earlier for another DISer!! Revitalume amazing. She was looking for something for dark circles and I was looking for something for puffy eyes!! Well this does BOTH!!! Read through the link!! I love it. I have been using it since October. I am VERY happy with the results. FINALLY. I also was using the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff eye roller....naaa not happy with that at all.
just wondering is this something you have to order or can I buy this in a store? I would like to try this. thanks

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: