Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #76
bengalbelle
Geaux Tigers!
Will post anywhere to avoid DIS withdrawl
Does not possess DDA Superpowers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
I want to know what you have to do to become a Beauty Insider? Take home and try almost anything? Who knew?
You just have to sign up! When you get a certain number of points you can choose from several different sample size products, and all I've been offered have been really nice (Dior moisturizer, Calvin Klein lipgloss, Philosophy hand cream, for example).

http://www.sephora.com/beautyinsider...auty%20insider

Anyone can get the product samples that they make up for you.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #77
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
Ok, I'm on board. I wear Trish McEvoy mascara. Love how it doesn't smudge, etc. but washes off in the shower without soap.

I also use her bronzer, eyeshadow, and liner.

Now on to a face cleanser and or moisturizer question. I'm having problems with my face. I get alot of blackheads and have had oily oily face forever. I just turned 46 and now my face is dry. Now I have blackheads AND dry skin. I don't know how to treat it. Got any ideas?

I was in the same boat with the oily/dry/blackhead prone skin. I use Cetaphil and a washcloth for daily exfoliation. I would tend to cut back on moisturizer when I felt too oily, but that just made my skin produce more oil. So now I use a daily moisturizer with a built-in spf for day and a heavier cream for night and my skin has never looked better or been more balanced.

I've had a lot of luck with the Garnier Nutrisse line - inexpensive but it works for me. I cannot use anything by Oil of Olay - instant breakout.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #78
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
I was in the same boat with the oily/dry/blackhead prone skin. I use Cetaphil and a washcloth for daily exfoliation. I would tend to cut back on moisturizer when I felt too oily, but that just made my skin produce more oil. So now I use a daily moisturizer with a built-in spf for day and a heavier cream for night and my skin has never looked better or been more balanced.

I've had a lot of luck with the Garnier Nutrisse line - inexpensive but it works for me. I cannot use anything by Oil of Olay - instant breakout.
Thanks. Cetaphil is on the shopping list and I'm heading over to Garnier Nutrisse website.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 02-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #79
RAZ24
Mouseketeer

Haven't read the replies but just bought a smashbox kit which included smashbox o-gloss and o-glo. Love them! They are clear and turn color when you apply. One is for lips the other cheeks. There are a bunch of other things (makeup) that comes in it including a DVD on how to apply. Didn't watch that yet.
I will now go back and read this great thread!
Christine
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #80
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaturn View Post
Well I have acne prone oily skin, but I guess it's probably similar. Mattifying and oil control lotions and make up don't work for me. The best thing to do is put a very light layer of milk of magnesia on your skin. Over lotion, but under foundation. It sounds crazy but works so well, and it's cheap.
That cracks me up! I read about that the other day and went out and bought a bottle and have been using it for around a week! It does seem to help some, I just wondered if there was a better foundation out there that soaked up oil, too. I used to use Avon's line softening mousse foundation which feels very light and silky, but I seem to be between shades except in the summer.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #81
RAZ24
Mouseketeer

For a great conditioner I love TIGI S factor serious conditioner. I started using there Health factor daily dose shampoo (sulfate free). It smells wonderful.

Christine
Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #82
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
I am a huge fan of florals in perfume!!

As far as fruity goes, I really like DKNY Green Apple!

I wear Vera Wang Princess everday but my going out perfume is the classic- Chanel No. 5
Here is what's on my dressing table now....I tend to change scents with season & event:

Lovely ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Iris Nobile ~ Aqua di Parma (gold label)
Glamorous ~ Ralph Lauren
Couer de Fleur ~ Miller Harris
L'Instant de Guerlain
Forever & Ever ~ Christian Dior
ENJOY ~ Jean Patou
Celine ~ by Celine (NOT Celine Dion)
Romance ~ Ralph Lauren
All the Philosophy but I really dislike "Falling in Love"....yucky!

Now when we start talking about eye shadow primer & mascara that's going to be great!!!!!

What people think of you is none of your business.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #83
bluesaturn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
That cracks me up! I read about that the other day and went out and bought a bottle and have been using it for around a week! It does seem to help some, I just wondered if there was a better foundation out there that soaked up oil, too. I used to use Avon's line softening mousse foundation which feels very light and silky, but I seem to be between shades except in the summer.
I'm glad that helps a bit. I also use Clinique's Oil-Free Matte Sheer Pressed Powder, which seems to work well and I use it all summer. I also have found that wearing a liquid foundation can reduce oily-ness, with a powder on top. Not sure why but it does.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #84
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Heck yeah!!! Look at this thread!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #85
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Heck yeah!!! Look at this thread!!!
6 pages, 85 replies, 752 views!!!

KAR

Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #86
Ariel Wanna-be
Loves Orlando Bloom so much that, If she was still single and fancy-free, she'd be so tempted to stalk her Elf Boy!!
I have to match.. inside and out!!
Loved for the quirks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
Here is what's on my dressing table now....I tend to change scents with season & event:

Lovely ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Iris Nobile ~ Aqua di Parma (gold label)
Glamorous ~ Ralph Lauren
Couer de Fleur ~ Miller Harris
L'Instant de Guerlain
Forever & Ever ~ Christian Dior
ENJOY ~ Jean Patou
Celine ~ by Celine (NOT Celine Dion)
Romance ~ Ralph Lauren
All the Philosophy but I really dislike "Falling in Love"....yucky!
You should try Gucci II - it's similar to the ones above. DH bought me a bottle last Christmas and I love it - I don't wear the same scent all the time, but this is one of my "go-to's".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
Okay best lipgloss in the world...
Philosophy's Big Mouth. It's a lip plumper, it's shiny, not sticky and stays on forever!!
My vote for BLGOTW would be Buxom by BE.

Quote:
Ummm - have you tried www.everydayminerals.com ? I like them WAY better than Bare Minerals - and theyre cheaper and their color selection is awesome AND you can get a generous free sample to start with for only $4 shipping.
I am SO glad I tried mineral makeup.

(*Said in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice*) - "As God as my witness - I'll never wear gloopy liquid foundation again!" I'm an EM addict. It's a bonus to me that they are cheaper than BM, because I would so pay more for EM. BM makes my face itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK! View Post
I generally hate all fruity/foody scents, with the exception of citrus-based ones and Pink Sugar.
Have you tried Calyx by Perscriptives? I love it...it's light, grassy, and grapefruity (which sounds pretty awful, but really it's not!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
I am looking for a flat iron....has anyone used a Solano Sapphire?
I haven't tried that brand, but I have tried pretty much every other flat iron known to man, and I couldn't be happier with my MaxiGlide. They can take my MaxiGlide when they pry it from my cold dead hands, lol.

I have a question about eye makeup remover - does anyone have a recommendation for one that:

1) removes mascara quickly and thoroughly,
2) is not oily, and
3) won't equal the cost of my car note?

If I can't have all three things on my wish list, I'll take #s 1 and 2. Three is not mandatory, but would be nice.

There's nothing hotter than Orlando Bloom wielding some sort of weapon.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:29 AM   #87
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Quote:
get Lash Injection. It's waterproof, big time. I cant say enough about this mascara. It takes some getting used to - but then youll love it.

Stays on - so smears or anything - all day at the waterparks (yes, I wear that and lipgloss)

Thanks, I'll try that! I got Voluminous at Target instead but it's clumping on me this morning, and I don't like picking at my eyelashes at 6 AM

Don't feel bad, I always wear mascara and liner to pools, waterparks, rainy days....otherwise I look pale and my eyes blend in to the rest of my face.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:31 AM   #88
LadyGracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Wanna-be View Post

I have a question about eye makeup remover - does anyone have a recommendation for one that:

1) removes mascara quickly and thoroughly,
2) is not oily, and
3) won't equal the cost of my car note?

If I can't have all three things on my wish list, I'll take #s 1 and 2. Three is not mandatory, but would be nice.

I use Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover, it works pretty well for me. I know the MAC kind is really good, but I won't spend that much money on remover either (I think the Neutrogena was only a few dollars at Wal-Mart).
Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #89
LadyGracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
LadyGracey, I absolutely love the BOOTS line at Target. They have the No7 Restore & Renew Beauty Serum, which is a fab night time creme.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...roductId=53525
Thanks! I have only tried their mascara, and I am looking for a good night serum too. It seems like I've tried everything, but nothing works! Boots seems to be a lot like pricier brands, I like their quality, and I'm hoping the lack of my waterproof mascara was a temporary oversight on behalf of my local store!

Wow, keeping up with this thread is going to be tough, but fun

OH--perfume--I'm more a one- or two-scent person, but right now I'm alternating between Lovely, and Japanese Cherry Blossom from Bath & Body Works. I like Chanel Allure too but I haven't had any in a long time.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #90
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post
I was wondering what everyone uses to wash their face with. and what other creams or lotions or anti wrinkle things you use? i used roc one time but I can't find it except to order it but i am bad about that stuff.
I use Cerave cleanser and moisturizer( you can but it at CVS or drugstore.com) It is gentle like Cetaphil but does not leave my face greasy or oily( kind of dewy/matte).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: